• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

alligator

Farmer
and again the weekly numbers (kind of "other sources of feedback"):

pvp arena - max players
Jul 26, 2020 #5183
Jul 27, 2020 #4327
Aug 3, 2020 #3664
Aug 10, 2020 #3350
Aug 18, 2020 #3254

looks like a slight reduction in crash rate, maybe leveling out to hard-core testers (doubt that there would be so many on life servers, but that's just a wild guess)
5 weeks not a word from developers shame shame, give us back old towers

CrashBoom

Legend
that is normal on beta
people stop testing after a few weeks

the same in settlements
many are doing a new settlement the first time to see how it works and get information for their main worlds
not all of them are doing it a 2nd time
3 times will be again be lower
and only the players who play beta as full world are doing it often enough to get the max building

so, having manual fights now it becomes totally unfair to the attacked player. Till now it was AI vs AI all fair and simple, but now the manual attacker will 99% of the times win no matter the def army.. Well, let all manual fighters spend 5 more mins of their life enjoying a battle and win few more medals hahah

CrashBoom

Legend
Till now it was AI vs AI all fair and simple,
really ??

attacker see the fight result
next time he knows what that opponent has (at least he could if he writes it down)

defender gets a message in the log (that is much worse then neighborhood battles where he could watch the fight)

so it was never fair

attacker: can select different units for each fight and from 2nd fight he could know what the defender has
defender: uses the same units against all attackers and not even knowing after the fight why he even lost

in neighborhood battles after getting plundered I watch the replay and could change the defense to surprise the attacker once and hope that make him lose the next fight (but he already adjusts in future attacks)

Laobhan

Farmer
Except its not, I am in Industrial Age and I have just had the choice of Contemporary Era, or Oceanic future, Oceanic future, that is hard, harder, hardest.
it's very similar to the soccer tournament: easy / medium / difficult fights.
GM bonuses such as Zeus apply but if it's like the tournament, the more big attack bonuses, the more big opponents will have defensive bonuses. If it is, it is pretty bad

Laobhan

Farmer
I don't understand why when I am in Industrial Age I keep getting Oceanic Future players to fight against, I know some might only have a spear defence, but I don't know that until i get into battle with them.
The medals you can win are too little for the time expended.
You get 5 battles then wait 2 hours for another medal or spend precious diamonds.
How many points till i get off 1001-3000? I can't find that information so I don't know what to aim for or is it just hopeless?

Umbrathor

Baronet
I do not think a real pvp would be a good idea.
You can only battle against someone who is online at the same time. And is not only online, but also willing to fight at that moment.

OK, you found someone and now the battle starts. How long will you have to wait for the move of the other? What if he does not make a move for minutes? What if your internet connection just happens to disfunction at that time? When does who win?

I know that other games found an answer for that problems. But in this game many do not want to even say they are online.
Good points.
  • Yes, PvP means you play against people who are online at the time. A matchmaking system like that exists in many games, it should not be that hard.
  • To solve the problem of people who have logged out / lost connection / takes ages to think of their next move, simply include a timer per round / move. If no move is made, the player foregoes that move. After x forgone moves or x time, the game is cancelled or forfeited to the one who is still online.
  • If people attach great value to not making known that they are online / distracted by playing PvP, it might be an option to fight incognito / anonymously. And of course, people can always choose to NOT engage in PvP.

Emperor XX

Farmer
So, was the PvP arena scrapped/ sent back to the drawing board? I've heard it was
Also, I think Inno isn't really making the right kind of PvP. This idea isn't saveable. Maybe they should consider a map.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So, was the PvP arena scrapped/ sent back to the drawing board? I've heard it was
Also, I think Inno isn't really making the right kind of PvP. This idea isn't saveable. Maybe they should consider a map.
They have not given up the current concept completely (as adding the attempts chest indicates). But I really hope they implement some bigger changes than that...

Yekk

Regent
Laobhan, scroll the logs to see that. Lose a 50 battle to "flip" the choices of battles you see. Next group may have someone you could beat in the 100 group. Keep a log of what each player has been using as a defense...As said many are rebelling against this by using a weak defense. I have 2 spears, dropped in a sprearfighters barrack just for this part of the game. Rewards for number 501 are not better than being number 3000 for most players (a few medals...) to enthuse them to try. I suspect more chests will be added but just guessing. Easiest way for Inno to "improve" this without actually doing so...

Hilary Briss

Merchant
I stopped playing it as it was a thankless exercise.

The trouble is, even if the matching is fixed, it is still a fight 4 times in the morning, wait 8 hours, fight four more times, wait again, do some more fights, go to bed, repeat, for no significant reward. Not exactly exciting gameplay, the four hour timer at least meant less tedium. And that's it unless you are a high level player and wanting to spend diamonds where you have a chance of some of the better rewards, assuming they are of relevance to you.

If you add a number of leagues depending on your era, or maybe you fight within a neighbourhood league for fewer rewards with an overall league for the high level diamond spenders, it may get more interesting, but until the issues are solved, for me it isn't worth continuing testing as nothing significant is changing.

And you have to bring back the towers even if there is no reward for them. That was such a basic mistake.

Laobhan

Farmer
Laobhan, scroll the logs to see that. Lose a 50 battle to "flip" the choices of battles you see. Next group may have someone you could beat in the 100 group. Keep a log of what each player has been using as a defense...As said many are rebelling against this by using a weak defense. I have 2 spears, dropped in a sprearfighters barrack just for this part of the game. Rewards for number 501 are not better than being number 3000 for most players (a few medals...) to enthuse them to try. I suspect more chests will be added but just guessing. Easiest way for Inno to "improve" this without actually doing so...
I have already gone into a 50 battle to lose it, only to be confronted with more OE and Future Eras, they really don't want me to progress.

Yekk

Regent
It may well be that you have reached as far up the list as is possible Laobhan. As it is it does not seem to be tailored to the lower ages. The ages new content should always help...not hinder

It may well be that you have reached as far up the list as is possible Laobhan. As it is it does not seem to be tailored to the lower ages. The ages new content should always help...not hinder

That's about it, with the current matching system you can only reach a certain position, depending on your age. The top 500 are only available for SAAB and SAM players, and maybe the odd one from the eras closest below.

I'm not sure this is what the developers intended, but never the less this is the effect of the matching system they implemented.

Owl II

Emperor
I'm not sure this is what the developers intended, but never the less this is the effect of the matching system they implemented.
Why not? I would be very surprised to find a player from Modern era in top 100 of the global player rating. Just PVP arena is a boring and strange ranking system. And it has nothing in common with the old PVP-towers.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please MOVE, DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will launch yet another poll this afternoon so that you would have the benefit of you speaking !!!!!!!!!!
I have explained why a poll will be removed, it defeats the purpose of a feedback thread.

The information will come when it comes, I can't hurry it up I'm afraid. I have no new information for you as yet.