• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

jovada

Regent
I hope to have an update for you next week some time. I know that you are frustrated and would like answers faster, but I need to remind you again that the forum is not the only source of feedback. Once I have an update to share with you I will do so.

Forum not only source of feedback , are you trying to make us to believe that the other sources are positive ???? You can look at this pvp from every possible side but it remains a piece of crap and i seriously doubt that the matchmaking will at some time be honest, and if i'm wrong it still will be a boring pvp

OK After a break from playing this ....... "thing"..... I thought to try it again a few days ago. I am in FE and have hovers so can face up to a fair amount of opponents. but I also have a lot of military units gathering dust from previous ages, so I started using them to make the fight more fair when faced with lower age opponents. But.... one of the guys I was up against was a member of my own guild. Now I would love it if this .... "thing" .... was a PvP addition to the game and we could set up real time PvP tournaments between other guild members, I think that would be great fun. But it is not a PvP addition. It is blindly stabbing at whoever the system presents you with. I was sitting there faced with a member of my guild in a way that would be a complete stab in the back.

Walks off shaking head in disgust.

Yekk

Regent
Dudettas... you removing the poll did its purpose. It showed you have decided to side with the "other feedback".. the financial part of the game. That all you are is their lackey. That you believe the game does not matter just your paycheck...

To "win" is easy in arena pvp... just spend a great deal of diamonds (top player looks to have done about 150 fights Monday morning) early when the mix is still at reset, be in a middle age where you will see many low ages, then coast for the week...Is that what we want? This feedback has told you no...

BUT that does not matter because you have already made your choice, and the game loses...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Dudettas... you removing the poll did its purpose. It showed you have decided to side with the "other feedback".. the financial part of the game. That all you are is their lackey. That you believe the game does not matter just your paycheck...

To "win" is easy in arena pvp... just spend a great deal of diamonds (top player looks to have done about 150 fights Monday morning) early when the mix is still at reset, be in a middle age where you will see many low ages, then coast for the week...Is that what we want? This feedback has told you no...

BUT that does not matter because you have already made your choice, and the game loses...
Removing the poll only showed that we have an attentive community management.

Why do you guys not understand that she is just a spokesperson and that she gets only very little information...

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
There are several reasons why I keep removing the polls. The first is that this feedback thread is designed for you to feedback on the PvP Arena and additional threads are not required.

Secondly, should the poll continue, you would have little satisfaction other than feeling good about having ticked a box to say you didn't like something. The majority of people ticking the boxes would already be feeding back here and there is no new audience that the poll captures. The satisfaction is brief as the focus then changes to the outcome of the poll.

The outcomes are then as follows. A change is made that was already due to be implemented that the forum users are happy with. Forum users conclude that polls are better than feedback and we lose meaningful feedback going forward as forum users decide the only way to see a result is to create a poll.

Alternatively, a change is made but it wasn't one that forum users requested/ voted on. Forum users are even more incensed because there was a poll that somehow became the focus of all their dissatisfaction, and a vote that only a fraction of Beta players took part in didn't yield the result they wanted.

Either way, a poll is not the answer.

I continue to faithfully record all your feedback. My personal opinion doesn't factor in because I represent the Community and if it was simply up to me we wouldn't need a community. I don't take sides, my feedback is always objective.

Please remember though, once changes are decided on it isn't as simple as concluding with the meeting with a "make it so" and someone flips a switch. Development time is needed and other factors may need to be considered, and additional changes may arise as a result of the Development work. This is why we don't announce anything until it is ready to be implemented.

DeletedUser8711

The question here is actually quite simple: why should I play a game that I can never WIN .......?
for me here is no chance to win , i´am future .... -->against asteroid belt ....

I can't win this game, why should I play it?

DeletedUser8711

just to be cannon fodder? i have better things to do, especially since the rewards i could get are pretty modest as a future player ......

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
what you just put up proves my point...

you said "if it was up to me we would not need a community"
Apologies if that was not clear I am trying to illustrate that we do need the community and feedback comes from the community not a singular person.

Yekk

Regent
Your job here is to handle us till the people whose feedback matters, your bosses, decide. You were very clear about that...We are now at what? 5 week? The imbalances, possible abuses, and flaws have not improved. What has is the need for pay to play to do well. I will wait for the next "improvement". Then we will start on you again...

Julian24

Viceroy
Your job here is to handle us till the people whose feedback matters, your bosses, decide. You were very clear about that...We are now at what? 5 week? The imbalances, possible abuses, and flaws have not improved. What has is the need for pay to play to do well. I will wait for the next "improvement". Then we will start on you again...
I could understand you, if it would be 5 weeks on the live servers without changes, but mate we are on the beta server. The longer it takes, the better, as long as it does not hit live in the current state.

DeletedUser

Seriously, people, I just don't get it... If it's as bad as you're all cryin' there is simple sollution - STOP PLAYING IT. Then and only then they will get the feedback - no-one's playing, no sense in keeping the feature. I tested it for few days, stopped playing and just track changes on forum to see if there is something worth to play it again. Till this day there is no such thing, so... I just keep not-playing it... That is enough of feedback, you know.

Yekk

Regent
On live that will happen Fink. Here we test and report. Thousands have done as you say to do here already. Leaving does send a message but also allows those in management to do what they want which they will.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Please remember though, once changes are decided on it isn't as simple as concluding with the meeting with a "make it so" and someone flips a switch. Development time is needed and other factors may need to be considered, and additional changes may arise as a result of the Development work. This is why we don't announce anything until it is ready to be implemented.
I beg to differ on this. No one had asked for the limit of diamond spending for attempts to be lifted, and yet we saw that happened in the blink of an eye. We asked that the rewards should be increased for the amount of "work" put into participating to get such and Inno increased a low amount to them within a week. We asked about the timing of attempts and manual battles to be added, and those were added around the 2 or 3 week mark.

Sooo.... let's try again, shall we?

I understand this is the beta server, boys and girls, but like @Dudettas stated, there are certain purposes. The forum is where I voice my feedback (in the appropriate section, of course) or engage in discussion. The game is where I play. And, the support is where I go if I have problems like account issues (or missing items) or tell them about my high volume connection that I am allowing people to connect to play this game (yes, word does get around and many would get into it... it's only fair, no?). I will not abuse the support section by telling them a feature sucks when it could be done here as well as being taken into consideration by the receiving end. I am sure others will not abuse it just to voice their disdain.

Then, there's the social media aspect. While many of us had kept an oath to leave beta related things in beta, I haven't seen social media voiced their disdain for such. Unless, of course, Inno wants us to go out into the social media world and "warn" others that the game is going to be dead once this feature hits live servers.

So, the forum's the only place, in my opinion, where feedback is gathered. As I told another gaming developer when they told me they gathered their "supposed" feedback from the Chinese version/server, who gives a s*@# about the Chinese server. So I will say for this beta game, who gives a flip about other places when there is only ONE beta server and only ONE beta forum?

From my understanding, that last sentence applies to this situation. So, I will focus on that. Inno should, too, since it's about beta.

Julian24

Viceroy
As you remained silent for days. at least the introduction of the poll made you deliver a new info.
It might then be the way forward to get news.
The informations were, that polls should not be created and they are working on it. The second one we already knew, so only that polls should not be created. Next time you want to use bots to get the information, that bots are not allowed?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Jupp, the only thing taken were the few weekly medals from the old PvP-towers passively (for fighting that you do anyway) - instead you can now get medals and more from the PvP rewards (but only for actively doing something)

So rewards-wise nothing big changed - some players get fewer medals than before some get more.

Overall the feature does not make fun for now, it is way too tedious for the offered reward and "PvP" really only is in the name.

Problem with the matchmaking is that it seems to only rely on the PvP ranking points and not on the actual player strength (age and bonuses). Even if the system was given enough time to establish the player ranking, that can not really work - mainly because of the asymmetry in boosts of the attacking and the defending army of most players - therfore even in the simplest matchmaking the system would need to have a defensive and offensive rating to give decent opponents.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Firstly... What if they divided the Ages/Eras up? Maybe 3 stages. Iron Age to Industrial. Progressive to Tomorrow. Future to SAAB OK Yes it will still be tough on the lower ages to win, but it gives players a more realistic goal to aim for. People can see if they work on their strengths and level up they will have a chance of being in with the top players for their section. So it would encourage them to buy diamonds to help their game. Also make the rewards a real incentive to move up to the next stage as well. That way it will also drive the game forward.

Secondly... I have got past the initial disappointment I felt. As before it was launched I really did have high hopes for this addition to the game. Now, however, Taking a step back and looking at this whole idea as it is presented, and its impact on the game in a detached and logical manner. It does not take a member of Mensa to see the whole thing as it stands is not working. It has no wide appeal. OK it will generate a certain amount of income. but not one that is sustainable in the long, or even medium term. Maybe the company no longer see this game as being sustainable in the long term. Therefor think that shoving in ANY "new" feature as often as they can will retain interest, attract new players and extend its profitable life. Whatever their thinking, this addition does not inspire confidence.

Lastly.. this is Beta. You cannot take how this feature is played here and think it will apply to the majority of players across the live servers. OK I know it should not be so, but People play it here because they are testing it. Not just for the company, but also to report back to their guilds and friends on the live servers. This way players can get together to discuss how best to "work" any new addition. We saw that with GBG at how quickly the flaws were exploited. But this thing does not have profit potential for the individual player, or guild that GBG has. It will be mediocre at best. I would love it if the devs were to manage to turn it round and make something of it. But again I see nothing that is inspiring my confidence.

Also I want to thank Dudettas again for her efforts. Being willing to be piggy in the middle of a thing like this deserves respect.