• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Natalia1

Squire
A quick question regarding the current auto battle. Can a mod or dev please explain how it is possible to regularly beat a player with no losses and then suddenly lose with exactly the same troops and attack bonus against exactly the same defense and defense bonus. And then to immediately win the next battle against the same player with identical configurations. It really is a total lottery.
If the defense is 8 nails (or has nails in it), they sometimes manage to hide in rubble. That's how you lose

Thunderdome

Emperor
They need a way to make medals have use beyond beginner cities. Like cashing in 1milll medals for 50,000 coins for auction house or 1mill medals give 200 FPs or something....
I would go for supplies or goods myself. I got 167 million reasons why gold would be useless but you could figure it out lol.

Fenix

Viceroy
Just to change a little. I think that more information about the ending time would be appreciated.
Instead of this:
1595816216518.png
Could be this:
1595816713680.png

Regarding the impossible battles, the idea above (post #1147), to transform the higher unites into their counterparts in the players age. I think this could work fine (it has to be tested).

Better yet. This thing could become almost irresistible. I really would like the opportunity to use high units in manual battles, units that I never used before.
If some how my attack units were transformed into the defenders unites age counterparts, this fiasco could be totally reverted.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Also why have I been offered the same player (hard) for 7 of the last 8 encounters? I additionally have to question the number of losses that a player can suffer in a day. We have been informed that points would only be deducted for up to 5 losses in any one day. So far today I have had 6 losses deducted and the day is not over yet. What on earth is happening because I really am getting evermore frustrated with this entire thing.
6 losses or 6 defending losses?

How did I lose points overnight?
Other players can still attack you when you are not playing. Your points are adjusted for up to the first 5 interactions daily.

Fenix

Viceroy
Only thing urgently needed to do: let us fight against similar unites (ours, or the unites from the defending army), fixing the impossible fights.

Make the ranking global and make the matches between players of the same age. How difficult is this INNO??? You do it every week with the hood shifts!

If they added random chance for rewards after every battle, it would at least compare to gbg. No point waste my units for this feature, just use my units to farm gbg.

DeletedUser

Give us back the old PvP Towers plz and make the Arena a new thing, not at thing that replace something that many of us like as it is....

The Arena could be made good if it was made with somewhat the same system as GE

Arena players pr turn/Arena (a week) something between 80-100 players FROM THE SAME AGE :)
and take the players from all worlds like GE takes guilds from different worlds,, that would make it possible to get full groups in all ages and reasonable fair fights..

GE = Cross world fights for guilds
Arena = Cross world fights for players

EDIT: In the years i played FoE there has been a great deal of suggestions for cross world fights or events, now InnoGames has the chance of making that happen not only for guilds like in GE, but for players as well..... go go go :)

EDIT: And again leave the old towers as they are.... thought i would mention that again so you dont miss it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arwaren

Squire
@Dudettas
It's been two weeks since Arena PvP was introduced. And it's still bad.

The matchmaking system is broken... really broken.

Let's take a look at how this system works. How can we read "Rankings are based on Combat Points". Only. The era in which the player is located is not taken into account. We come to a situation where after two weeks of the PvP arena (where I am in the EMA) I get an opponent "Hard" (or rather impossible) from the Asteroid Belt. "Medium" (ie still impossible) opponent from Tomorrow or Oceanic Future. So out of 3 choices, I really have one choice.
"it is possible that you will face much higher eras until the rankings settle down."
But what does it mean that the ranking will settle down? And when will it happen? And will it even happen? It's been two weeks now. Does the system need more time? But how much more?
Requiring only combat points in the matchmaking system is not enough for me. The system should select players who:
- there are 2 ages above us.
- are one age below us.
Example (the age where we are in bold):
LMA - CA - INA - PE
A player in the Colonial Era would meet at most a Progressive Era player where he might still have a chance. A Colonial Age player would never encounter an Early Middle Age player where it is known that he would win without any problems.
A player in CA will never see a player in SAAB and vice versa.

Manual fight problem: 1 unit and 7 rogues

The attacker has a significant advantage when he fights manually:
- fights with AI
- The attacker can place an army: 1 common unit and 7 rogues. A defender cannot set the army like this because it means a loss for him.
While nothing can be done with the first point, you can do with the second point. As for me, the rogues are such a specific unit that it should not take part in the fight. Attackers gain a huge advantage when using these units.
Disable rogues from being used in the PvP Arena.

For me, a defense army should never lose points for losing a fight.

A very simple explanation. We have no influence on how the units behave in defense. If we could fight the enemy in real-time, this system would make the most sense. But what do I lose points knowing that they are controlled by the computer and that the opponent can fight manually? I know that there is already a limit where you lose points (5 lost fights a day), but for me, a defensive army should never lose points
When the Attacker wins the fight: Attacker gain combat points, Defender loses nothing
When the Attacker loses the fight: Attacker loses combat points, Defender gain combat points.

Attacking units should not die in the PvP Arena.

In the PvP Arena, we are really only fighting for a place in the ranking, gaining or losing points. If so, there is no point in losing units by the attacker. It should be like with the defender that after each fight every wounded unit is healed and lost units are restored. Players with few units could take part in this tournament fully. And so we have a limiter in the form of getting attempts every 2 hours. And so we already use units in GE, GBG, or conquer the continental map.

They did NOT the correct thing adding the manual battle :
I was hoping, when I face on all 3 battle options an impossible to defeat opponent, that I can start manual battle, then clic "surrender" to not loose all my units AND after doing that the opponent(s) get a REFRESH !
No, they're still all the same !! So I've still NO choice than send 1 military drummer (or fast build a Spearfighters barrack from Bronze Age!) and let it be killed to "really" loose that battle and get a refresh !
But I always thought that surrender = the same as loosing a battle, not ? (confused !)

They did NOT the correct thing adding the manual battle :
I was hoping, when I face on all 3 battle options an impossible to defeat opponent, that I can start manual battle, then clic "surrender" to not loose all my units AND after doing that the opponent(s) get a REFRESH !
No, they're still all the same !!

hmm .. just tested: the opponents were different after surrender (the same "different" as after battling - weird that out of the 4k opponents it's always the same handful filling the slots)

I really HAD the same opponent from Tomorrow Era with 8 Stealth Tanks ! LOL ... probably just BAD LUCK on my side hahaha ... tried that opponent again, did surrender, lost 1 attempts and this battle (-50 CP's) and yes, this time all 3 opponents did changed, luckely back one (only one!) which I can win from ! lol

Nice that manual battles are now possible ... next change : the match making system !!

Fenix

Viceroy
I have to say I am sorry to Diva Bia, but she was the only fight that I could win... I will not say that I will not attack you once more...

1595862188979.png

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I am in L.M.A. So, you are "saying" to me that the green one (difficulty level) is more easy than the other two? Are you serious?
The difficulty levels are... whatever
L.M.A.jpg
If you can't adjust as appropriate the difficulty levels, take out the feature "all Eras in one Arena" and make every Era just with one Era next and one previous. So simple...

And... by the way, bring back the Towers, please!

qaccy

Emperor
hmm .. just tested: the opponents were different after surrender (the same "different" as after battling - weird that out of the 4k opponents it's always the same handful filling the slots)
My guess is that the opponents are more or less the same because your opponents are based on your rank, rather than your age. So if you're rank #500 out of 1000, your possible opponents are probably in a narrow range of something like #490-#510, and those opponents could very well be from a wide age range (higher age players still climbing, or lower age players who got stuck). Again, just guessing, but it does sound like the current system is pretty much just based on rank. If your rank isn't changing, your opponents won't really change either, until those around you change their own rank.