• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

1BFA

Viceroy
My guess is that the opponents are more or less the same because your opponents are based on your rank, rather than your age. So if you're rank #500 out of 1000, your possible opponents are probably in a narrow range of something like #490-#510, and those opponents could very well be from a wide age range (higher age players still climbing, or lower age players who got stuck). Again, just guessing, but it does sound like the current system is pretty much just based on rank. If your rank isn't changing, your opponents won't really change either, until those around you change their own rank.

Yeah right... that's all bonkers...doesnt matter how much attach/def my HMA army has, they will for sure get nailed by 8 nail storms from SAAB.

What if all no-age troops were prohibited in the PvAI Arena, including Rogues, Drummers, and Color Guards? That seems like it would be a fairer battle, at least for same era battles.

@Dudettas Still haven't heard if the end of battle points breakdown is going to be returned to the game. Do you have any idea about this, or can you find out?

Natalia1

Squire
So the current PvP system basically mirrors the ranking we already have in place with SAAB players who have a lot of battles and high level GBs ranking on top. What was the need to devise a system which repeats something that already exists???

1BFA

Viceroy
So the current PvP system basically mirrors the ranking we already have in place with SAAB players who have a lot of battles and high level GBs ranking on top. What was the need to devise a system which repeats something that already exists???

Yup side impact will be ppl will be encouraged more to age up...also i guess city defense now has some value in the game.

qaccy

Emperor
Yeah right... that's all bonkers...doesnt matter how much attach/def my HMA army has, they will for sure get nailed by 8 nail storms from SAAB.
My reasoning was all explained in my post. It has nothing to do with whether or not HMA troops can beat SAAB troops. But if you're in HMA at rank 2000 and the guy currently at rank 1999 is in SAAB, you've got a good chance of seeing him as one of your opponents. Again, it has nothing to do with ages and everything to do with rank. What this means is that, with how it's currently set up, you aren't going to be able to climb higher than a certain rank and will never be at the top unless you're at the last age of the game and probably with a huge military bonus as well. Anyone in a lower age is going to get stuck somewhere because eventually everyone around their rank is going to become unbeatable opponents.

1BFA

Viceroy
My reasoning was all explained in my post. It has nothing to do with whether or not HMA troops can beat SAAB troops. But if you're in HMA at rank 2000 and the guy currently at rank 1999 is in SAAB, you've got a good chance of seeing him as one of your opponents. Again, it has nothing to do with ages and everything to do with rank. What this means is that, with how it's currently set up, you aren't going to be able to climb higher than a certain rank and will never be at the top unless you're at the last age of the game and probably with a huge military bonus as well. Anyone in a lower age is going to get stuck somewhere because eventually everyone around their rank is going to become unbeatable opponents.

Still bonkers right? Earlier as a HMA player I could win HMA tower and maybe even compete in LMA tower if i had higher age troops...of-course i could also compete in lower age towers. In this bonkers concept, I will never ever ever as a HMA tower be in top 100...not even 1000 etc.

My guess is that the opponents are more or less the same because your opponents are based on your rank, rather than your age. So if you're rank #500 out of 1000, your possible opponents are probably in a narrow range of something like #490-#510, and those opponents could very well be from a wide age range (higher age players still climbing, or lower age players who got stuck). Again, just guessing, but it does sound like the current system is pretty much just based on rank. If your rank isn't changing, your opponents won't really change either, until those around you change their own rank.

good idea :)

doesn't seem to be the case, though: mine is about #900 (contemporary), ranks of my current opponents -
- first #40 (asteroids),
- second #1555 (Industrial)
- third #3600 (colonial)

now about to beat the poor second a second time in a row ... If this weren't beta, I would have quit doing it at all

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
The manual fighting gave me another perspective. I still can't beat high era players (but at least I can retreat). What I did not know was how weak are the easy fights opponents, it is almost embarrassing to beat them. The easy fights should be at least from my age. I am colonial, with colonial army, and I am fighting iron army... appalling.

1595936322613.png

Last edited:
The manual fighting gave me another perspective. I still can't beat high era players (but at least I can retreat). What I did not know was how weak are the easy fights opponents, it is almost embarrassing to beat them. The easy fights should be at least from my age. I am colonial, with colonial army, and I am fighting iron army... appalling.
Watch out with that attitude, one time I had someone on easy an age below me with 400%+ defense to my attack and kicked my bum.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
What I did not know was how weak are the easy fights opponents, it is almost embarrassing to beat them. The easy fights should be at least from my age.
I also had too easy opponents but after several fights I am always blocked by a too strong opponent.
Last week I was stuck, yesterday I attacked and gave up the fight. With the points lost on Monday I found easy opponents of my age, gained points and I am stuck again (in LMA I have 2 SAAB and 1 modern)

DeletedUser7669

The PvP Arena had two fundamental faults for a strategy game. One was the automatic fighting. That one is fixed. The second fault is that you can be confronted with a choice between three fights of which non gives you the slightest chance to win. When your opponents are all at least 7 ages higher than you are, there is no way to win a battle. The fun of a strategy fame is finding the solution for a difficult lay out.

Sinitar

Regent
The PvP Arena had two fundamental faults for a strategy game. One was the automatic fighting. That one is fixed. The second fault is that you can be confronted with a choice between three fights of which non gives you the slightest chance to win. When your opponents are all at least 7 ages higher than you are, there is no way to win a battle. The fun of a strategy fame is finding the solution for a difficult lay out.
sometimes is possible take off the opponents army 5-6 ages higher than you as howitzer vs tomorrow stealth tank

Fenix

Viceroy
One thing that I would like to know, and I do not want to have the trouble to find.
In here:
1595981411866.png
This interval, in points! That is the most relevant information, give us a goal

sometimes is possible take off the opponents army 5-6 ages higher than you as howitzer vs tomorrow stealth tank
Ok, true, but then you need to reach at least Industrial Age ;-) So players who're still on EMA, HMA, LMA & ColA all can't do that and so it's still an UNfair matchmaking system ! OF COURSE : IF this matchmaking system prevent you face opponents of more than 4 a max 5 Era's above you, then that's already a lot better !
So counting TW (Stealth Tank!) >1 down > CE > 2 down > PM > 3 down > ME > 4 down > PE > 5 down > IndA (Howitzer, ignore "stealth" skill !)