• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Yekk

Viceroy
Keeping track of such players on a crib sheet will be wise. Refresh and then hope they do not reshow a couple encounters later again.

I will also ask/cpmplain on getting the same encounters way to often...The parameters the game uses to choose fights are poor leading to getting the same fighters way to often. It hurts the defender way to much. They will be at a disadvantage to begin with. It really needs to be reworked.

Sinitar

Regent
Keeping track of such players on a crib sheet will be wise. Refresh and then hope they do not reshow a couple encounters later again.

I will also ask/cpmplain on getting the same encounters way to often...The parameters the game uses to choose fights are poor leading to getting the same fighters way to often. It hurts the defender way to much. They will be at a disadvantage to begin with. It really needs to be reworked.
it's strange having again several times the same player...
that poor guy has decreased his points by 2k from my attacks

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Why is it the same icon for Combat Points, and Personal Ranking?
I personally find it a little bit confusing, especially since only the battles you attack and win are in the Personal Ranking, so you don't even count all the positive and negative combat points you recieve.

Also the Log and all the Ranking Lists for Global, Age and Guild uses the same icon once you click to look on them. Makes maybe more sense on them than the personal ranking though.

These 2 icons for example should be different.

1611513335728.png

And this of course should be different as well.
1611513971110.png

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
From the announcement:
"In this announcement we'll be describing the main changes applied to the PvP Arena. You can find more details about the previously launched PvP Arena here, but keep in mind that some information from the previous announcement might be obsolete."

Is it possible to know exactly what parts of the previous announcement is obsolete? Even though some things of course are obvious from reading the changes mentioned in the new one.

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
Well, I've had a go at it and I think it still suffers from the same problems as the first effort.

For the vast majority of players playing against the whole server instead of 70 to 80 neighbours means they stand no chance of feeling any sense of achievement. Most of my guildmates will be disappointed. Some of them would never win the old towers, but they could be in the top ten with effort. In the new version, I don't think they will feel the same sense of achievement by coming in the top 5000.

I'll play it because I'm a top 10 player in my main city and it won't take up much of my time, but in my other cities I'll be giving it a miss.

i find this PvP is better, but is there a way to see the defending battles ? I lose all mine, and i'd like to know if it is just a bonus problem or a bad defense ;)

The military bonus escalation is a problem, maybe we should be opponed by age AND bonus, it is clever a battle with adequate army, than just a higher bonus...

Owl II

Emperor
In general, I tried. I understood how it works. I don't want to play it. There are other more fun things in FOE. It's a pity, but PVP here boring, no matter what wrapper it is wrapped in. This may be interesting for players of the younger and middle ages at some point. But not at the top.

Last edited:

Pachom

Farmer
In general, I tried. I understood how it works. I don't want to play it. There are other more fun things in FOE. It's a pity, but PVP here boring, no matter what wrapper it is wrapped in. This may be interesting for players of the younger and middle ages at some point. But not at the top.
I am in a lower age and think it is much fun, I suggest for the High Endgamer inno should create a kind of virtual 2age higher adversary, that fights would be a real challenge, that would give an addon to the system, till the next ages are developed.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I can not understand how INNO thinks
when he first appeared
there were many negative messages
ok it has some improvements but the base / idea is the same
i know i'm a little strict with INNO
but if you truly love someone you should tell them the truth
players will soon get bored of PvP Arena
and I'm afraid that will make them generally bored of FOE

there is a well-known children's book by Hans Christian Andersen
'' Kejserens nye klæder
'' / ''The Emperor's New Clothes ''

it's time to read the book's ethical lesson carefully

sorry for english is by automatic translation
the text in Greek

Δεν μπορω να καταλαβω πως σκεπτεται η ΙΝΝΟ
οταν εμφανιστηκε την πρωτη φορα
υπηρχαν πολλα αρνητικα μηνυματα
οκ εχει καποιες βελτιωσεις μεν αλλα η βαση /ιδεα ειναι η ιδια

Ξερω οτι ειμαι λιγο αυστηρη με την ΙΝΝΟ
αλλα εαν αγαπας καποιον αληθινα θα πρεπει να του λες την αληθεια
οι παιχτες θα βαρεθουν συντομα την PvP Αρενα
και φοβαμαι οτι αυτο θα τους κανει να βαρεθουν γενικα το ΦΟΕ

Υπαρχει ενα γνωστο παιδικο βιβλιο του Χανς Κρίστιαν Αντερσεν
Τα Καινουργια Ρουχα του Βασιλια
ηρθε καιρος να διαβασετε με προσοχη ηθικο διδαγμα του βιβλιου

Last edited:
Actually. It's funny, but I get points at the expense of bots. And someone gets points at my expense. The result is obvious: I am constantly falling in the rankings. Although I win. If you want to move up in the rankings, you no need to attaking the highest difficulty, but average opponents. But if you want to advance in the league, then attack difficult bots. In fact, they are still simple :D
I understand basic maths yes, I was gaining less points than I was losing. Ultimately it was just more work with little reward.

Praeceptor

Marquis
What I don't understand is what was wrong with the old towers? Why try to fix something that wasn't broken? Nobody complained about the towers, ever. What is it that drives Inno to keep upsetting it's customers for no benefit? If it's about selling more diamonds, then be honest about it. Of course Inno needs a sustainable revenue model, but annoying your customers is surely not the way to do it.

-Alin-

Emperor
I don't understand what was the problem for Inno with old PvP Towers to be removed ...

Regarding fights, I am bored af by bots ...
Not a single real player as a hard battle? lol

1611574998912.png

I totally agree with this - why must you insist on removing the PvP Tournament Towers? They work - everyone likes them - Why can't you just let them run along side this total failure for those of us who look forward to the weekly PvP Towers.

That statement (marked in bold by me, not the original poster) is about as valid as if I would say everyone likes the PvP Arena. There are a few players in each neighbourhood that really cares about the towers, but the vast majority simply ignores them. You get a place in the tower because you do fighting in other places in the game, but at least I doesn't care at all about my position or the few medals that it gives.

In my opinion the PvP Arena, with the reworked matching system (still not perfect, but far better) and the new rewards are far more interesting than the PvP towers. And if you don't like the arena, ignore it just as I do with the towers.

When the Arena started the PVP towers were still there so I hoped that we were actually listened to (as last time not having them made me loose the fun in fighting or actually playing all together)...
But hey here we are some small bits might have been improved but we were not listened to and the PVP towers are now gone again...

If the PvP towers return the arena is a nice addition for those who enjoy some more fighting... But if they don't this really is going to distroy the fun in the game (especially in the GvG) and will be as much a failure as the first introduction was

When the Arena started the PVP towers were still there so I hoped that we were actually listened to (as last time not having them made me loose the fun in fighting or actually playing all together)...
But hey here we are some small bits might have been improved but we were not listened to and the PVP towers are now gone again...

If the PvP towers return the arena is a nice addition for those who enjoy some more fighting... But if they don't this really is going to distroy the fun in the game (especially in the GvG) and will be as much a failure as the first introduction was

A clarification, it will destroy the fun for some players, but far from all players.

A clarification, it will destroy the fun for some players, but far from all players.
Well, it will clearly kill the fun in the GvG, or what other arguments can you then use as a guild leader than "Fighting open in GvG for tower points"? Like for what reason should players waste their units in the GvG then if that doesn´t give any benefits to them any longer?
Also, there won´t be any fun in fighting with other age units, as they won´t give you any additional rewards, but rather are just weaker and get easier destroyed...

Again, I cannot test this since Iron Age is excluded. Please stop excluding Iron Age players from new features.
While I agree that excluding players from participating isn't great (annoyed me with the Atztecs), it makes sense to stop players from camping in ages and make them progress through the ages. It also makes sense that players are only able to participate from EMA onwards, as it would not make sense to get the Arena before actually getting PvP. Also why just scramble all new features into one age... if you want to try new features progress to the era they unlock