• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

I'm talking about being attacked by live players and they take away my points. But I can't take the points away from them. I have to attack the bots. Unless of course I want to be involved in beating babies
I mean you raise another completely different issue that the devs didn't think about. By introducing the bots, they are artificially inflating the scores of players who choose to fight them instead of having the points circulating amongst players.

Owl II

Emperor
I mean you raise another completely different issue that the devs didn't think about. By introducing the bots, they are artificially inflating the scores of players who choose to fight them instead of having the points circulating amongst players.
Clearly!:) But conversely

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But the bots are to guarentee that you have matches.
An attrition system, as in GBG, on existing players would be more appropriate.
Already the most advanced players can not be attacked by a higher age ...

That said, the community is hypocritical, if the gains were like in GBG, everyone would go out on the arena.

My only request, FINALLY enhance defense with a good GB or with real bonuses.

bornempire

Steward
Forced suicide: Really great: get 3 opponents which are obviously way too strong with their 700 % defense bonus. Then refresh, same story. Have to wait another hour or spent diamonds to 'refresh'. And then? Then I got again 3000% defensebonus, for all 3 opponents.
The solution: just put one rogue in your attack field and press autofight. This is so annoying. Forced suicide.
Forced suicide.

bornempire

Steward
How do you know before even stepping into the fight and seeing the armies? Even if you would know, you can refresh the 3 enemies once. And if you start the battle and see, that you can't win, you can just surrender withour loosing more units.

If the attempts are not enough, you can buy more with diamonds or medals. Every "good" player has more than enough of them.

And what is so stupid about that? Please tell.
How I know before stepping into the fight? I have years of fighting experience and can see from a distance if an attack/defense bonus is doable or not. Plus I keep a spreadsheet of opponents. See my latest comment on what happened today with that 'diamond theory'.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
An attrition system, as in GBG, on existing players would be more appropriate.
Already the most advanced players can not be attacked by a higher age ...

That said, the community is hypocritical, if the gains were like in GBG, everyone would go out on the arena.

My only request, FINALLY enhance defense with a good GB or with real bonuses.
These ideas, attrition for 'farming' the same players and some way to improve the defensive stats, have been forwarded.

Aragorn I

Farmer
[QUOTE = "Julian24, post: 115895, membro: 7371"]
Legal, você não gosta e então não dê aos seus companheiros de guilda a chance de talvez gostarem. Deixe-os descobrir e decidir.
[/CITAR]
Nice, you don't like it and so don't give your guild mates a chance to maybe like it. Just let them discover it and let them decide.
I'm sorry if it bothers you, but I'm not forbidding anything, I just say that opinions and suggestions within a group are normal. The same goes for movie releases, new restaurants, markets etc. They can still decide whether or not to investigate.

esoterism

Squire
Nobody is really interested in this PvP Arena, the mechanics of if is not correct, the reward are fuzzy, Considering only the top 10 players will win something why not suppress this PvP Arena and simply directly give the prizes to the top 10 against diamonds, as we all know that this is only done to make them disburse diamons.
On the other with the PvP Towers, everyone in each vicinity was pleased to win someting against his neighbours.
Then you exchanged the joy of hundreds of players against only the top 10 for some dollars in your pocket.
Down the road the game is dead as without joy people are leaving the game by hundreds.
Shame ! Shame ! Shame !

esoterism

Squire
Everybody here should realize that we are not discussing about a new supplementary feature but the burial of the PVP Towers and its replacement by someting nobody wants but the socalled developpers that have never played FOE, that are alimented by a socalled community manager that does manage a community as he refuse to exchange on any topics players wishes but only his restrictive own views.

that are alimented by a socalled community manager that does manage a community as he refuse to exchange on any topics players wishes but only his restrictive own views.
I think that is totally unfair to our Community Manager. He is a player like us, and doesn't get all the answers either he or we want from the developers.

I may disagree with his approach at times, and think he digs un-necessary holes for himself unintentionally, but that doesn't mean that he isn't trying to make our voices heard. He can't control what gets done or doesn't get done, he is simply a pass through for information given to him from players and developers alike.

In the end his boss is the company, don't forget that. And if the boss doesn't like their representative, they will replace him. I wouldn't take the job for less than a million bucks :rolleyes:

Disagree with him all you like for legitimate reasons, but at least make sure that they are legitimate.

lewel

Farmer
the new pvp is nicer but it would be nice to see the cup in your profile and count your personal points in this way, abolishing the old rules ..

hvck

Farmer
I haven't read all 18 pages of comments but I've read a few and I'll have to agree with the basic gist.

The rewards are simply too paltry compared to other activities in the game.

With PvP I lose a lot more units fighting and I get very little return for my investment. Practically nothing. So why do it?

In GBG I can fight at least 10-20 battles per day before friction starts eliminating multiple units per fight, and in the meantime I've usually earned some interesting rewards.

In GE with the Temple of Relics and a reward for EACH battle I can get many more rewards with relatively few losses.

The Return on Investment for the reworked PvP simply isn't comparable to everything else. So today I decided to stop. Just isn't worth it.

Osserc

Merchant
This version is definitely more polished than the initial release, but a polished turd is still a turd...

Releasing this to the live servers will be a huge mistake. It's another thankless task in a game already saturated with make-work chores. Many players are already burned out from GbG and adding another time-consuming activity is a bad idea. Best case scenario is that it gets ignored; worst case is that it drives players to quit the game.

I just can't figure out the desire to ram such an unpopular feature down our throats. No rational person will ever spend diamonds on this feature. It's highly likely that the revenue lost from all the unhappy players will massively outweigh whatever pittance this dumpster fire will generate.

Here's my constructive criticism: give up and cut your losses. There are many existing aspects of this game that need attention. There are other new game modes that could be created that the players will actually enjoy. Use your development time to make the game more appealing, not less. Happy players are good for your bottom line.

OmegaLee

Steward
The Return on Investment for the reworked PvP simply isn't comparable to everything else. So today I decided to stop. Just isn't worth it.
That sums me up perfectly to. I'm stuck with manual mode in GE, level 4. However, I almost always get diamonds, plenty of stuff for AD, and a decent amount of FP.
Way to little from PVP arena.