• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
There is not a hard reset but decay.
Every week the age ranking and guild ranking will be reset and a small ammount of your global ranking points will decay.
Every month the Personal ranking will reset and you will start in the Copper League again with 0 points.

Nessie

Baronet
What exactly does InnoGames mean with:

"decay"

I contacted dictionaries: rotting, decompose, moulder, disintegrate, fall apart, crumble

All this sounds discouraging and disgusting

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
At the conclusion of each week, all players receive a 10% deduction in points to prevent any players from becoming too far advanced that they will no longer have any matches.

At the conclusion of each week, all players receive a 10% deduction in points to prevent any players from becoming too far advanced that they will no longer have any matches.
Wouldn't this be better with a progressive tax rather than a flat tax? People in lower ages will always have matches, it's the people at the top who are the most at risk for flying to the moon. Perhaps the bottom 10% only lose 1% while the top 10% lose 20%. That keeps people somewhat in moderation.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Wouldn't this be better with a progressive tax rather than a flat tax? People in lower ages will always have matches, it's the people at the top who are the most at risk for flying to the moon. Perhaps the bottom 10% only lose 1% while the top 10% lose 20%. That keeps people somewhat in moderation.
This mechanic was made to prevent the inability of matchmaking on the longterm rather than to punish the top players for participating actively.
Therefore a system was chosen where players lose relatively the same ammount of points.

esoterism

Squire
Please consider answering to real questions :
Would be great if a Dev could explain how this new system is a replacement for the Event History Age Towers.

The new system is a new system - it does nothing that the previous system does.
Our neighbors can still be attacked and plundered and they can attack and plunder us.

The simple fix I see is from EMA on remove the medal reward in the Age Tower, but leave the towers in all ages.

If the blind response is still "we want to replace the tower system with this *optional* PVP Arena, then please answer these questions:
  1. Does removal of the Age Tower System free up significant DB storage?
  2. Does removal of the Age Tower System code make the game more efficient or remove one or more bugs from the game?
  3. Was the upkeep of the Age Tower System unwieldy across platforms? I could see this reducing man hours per update if somehow the code was regularly being worked around/updated on newer versions of the game.
  4. Was there too much overhead to show progress compared to our neighbors using same age units after each battle?
At the minimum I think a simple explanation should be given on removing a feature. Stating that PVP Arena is a replacement for Age Towers is like saying I replaced a part of the west side garage with a new east wing pool on a hotel when in reality the two don't occupy the same space at all. Doesn't make much sense.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I honestly can't see this providing much income for Inno. As a late era player I am much more interested in my overall player ranking than some weekly competition with negligible rewards, and I can do almost infinite fights for free for that. Early age players stand very little chance of topping the arena competitions unless they've been camping in Iron Age for a long time and have a vast array of high level GBs. At least with the towers low age players were only up against 70 odd opponents, not thousands.

OmegaLee

Steward
Add another issue with the PVP tower. I'm gaining +283, yet someone hit for -226. Another for -212.
Progress is going to all but impossible if I keep getting hit as hard as I am hitting.
Please don't suggest I work my defense. With 4 attack GB, and just 2 defense GB it is impossible to get enough defense.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
As I get n
Okay is it just me who missed that, but I thought the ranking reset at the beginning of the month and would not stay at the same points one had from the last month (which I assumed was like a season?)?
This means that a player can easily accumulate enough points to just stay in the first couple of places forever instead of giving everybody the chance to start afresh each month? Will that be adapted or is it mean to stay that way? Would consider that even more discouraging and making even more people dislike that new arena..
Please consider answering to real questions :
The reasoning and information about the development of our game are made by our gamedevelopers.
These answers to these questions are internal information and I sadly cannot share that information.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The reasoning and information about the development of our game are made by our gamedevelopers.
These answers to these questions are internal information and I sadly cannot share that information.
When a car manufacturer issues a recall for their vehicles, they explain why the recall is warranted.
When an event venue is created and hosted, they explain why it is made and their purpose.
When a person makes a change to something they agree with another, that person explains why that change was important.
When a game developer replaces something that is a game changer, I am sure they do explain on why this is needed and why the old system has to be retired.

Now, as a player yourself, I am very sure you wanted to know why this was done and what was done for the other "features" that were removed for those that are not at the age to utilize said change. I, as well as everyone else who plays, wanted to really know.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I prefer to compare myself to all the players of my era than to 75 neighbors including 40 ghosts.