• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

[QUOTE = "Sigmus, Post: 110660, Mitglied: 10966"]
Das Gebäude ist eine tolle Sache ich ärgere mich oft über Plünderungen. Wenn man gehört hat, hat keine Chance die Armee so hoch zu pushen Das man eine Chance hat.
Daher Daumen hoch für diese Idee
[/ ZITAT]
I always harvest on time, for this reason I have never been looted in my 4 worlds. Only occasional players are looted.

especially for the goods production
at level 60 it produce 124 goods(62 for who is up to PE) x 13,77 space
the 2nd best is LoA with 138 x 8,625
Where did you get that number? From the graph on page one it looks like it only goes up 1 good per level, and after the first 10 levels of GB the return starts deminishing. If it is 124 goods at 60, I'd say that was really good although I probably still wont build it because I don't want or need unrefined goods.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Where did you get that number? From the graph on page one it looks like it only goes up 1 good per level, and after the first 10 levels of GB the return starts deminishing. If it is 124 goods at 60, I'd say that was really good although I probably still wont build it because I don't want or need unrefined goods.

If you mean the fandom page that currently goes up to 37 goods on level 35, that will be 62 goods on level 60 with one good per level. Double that up from Modern era onwards as 1CCX said and you get 124.

-Alin-

Emperor
especially for the goods production
at level 60 it produce 124 goods(62 for who is up to PE) x 13,77 space
the 2nd best is LoA with 138 x 8,625

Hmmm, if it is really giving 124 unrefined goods at level 60, I can change my mind and build it, RFp on 6x6 gives me only 208 goods, and galata is only 3x3 ...

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Unrefined goods are quite useless on my live world since the whole concept of unrefined goods doesn't exist anymore in the Space Ages and I'm in SAAB. But since it's so small, I consider building it anyway as more of a fun thing, but we'll see, I might have completely changed my mind then.
I built it here on beta though, since it's testing after all and since being in PME having a need for unrefined goods. Don't care too much about the plunder repel, even though it's an interesting effect.

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
according to the progress of the shots, they increase by 1 every 16 levels so at level 60 we would have just 6 shots and arround 44,8 % chance to plunder repel ;
probably at level 76 the 7th shot

Last edited:

Hera

Farmer
Some players have this tower in Beta but it’s not released yet on the live world servers. This medieval stone tower was utilized for surveillance of the harbor in the Golden Horn, Istanbul. After the conquest of Constantinople in 1453, the tower was used to detect fires in the city. In Forge of Empires, it will be used to detect plunderers out ‘n about.

It gives a certain chance to repel a plunder for a number of tries! Yes!!!!! Game devs heard our plea. I think I’ll invest in InnoGames again.

The Galata Tower is a Great Building similar to the Oracle of Delphi (no age). It produces goods every 24 hours. Blueprints are obtainable via an early game questline or by contributing to other players' Galata Tower.

I haven’t seen the questline yet but I’ve found players who’ve built this tower, even one at Level 38. The Ranking screen takes forever to find players with this tower so I just looked in my neighborhood and sent a Global Chat message.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
In the table in the announcement it states that ranking also is affected:

I can't see that in the inventory as I for example can see about support pool in tab Information for "Deal Castle" or "Observatory".
How come ?
all GB affect the ranking

because you get ranking points for them
a) for placing it
b) for each level up (level costs * 15)

as we can see in the announcement
at level 1 it gives 301 points. it takes 20 FP to get to that level. multiply with 15 = 300. so placing the GB gives 1 point
at level 2 it gives 901 points (in total not additional). so level 1 + 40 FP * 15 = 301 + 600 what makes the 901 from the announcement

agramer66

Steward
Somehow typical Inno...
First let the players invest thousands of FPs in Atlantis Museum or Voyager, then let just spit in their soup and let others build something like that...
Just another not really thought through "re-balance" of the game that only just resembles the very nice game we used to play.
It's like with Apple - no more innovative ideas, just milking the cow to death...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Here is the Galata Tower Special Questline. The bullet points under each quest go by Text, Requirements, Completion Text, and Rewards.
Repair a Plundered Building to trigger the questline.

1. Time for Action! (Special Quest)
  • ??? After repairing a plundered building, I got the complete quest notification and that began the questline.
  • Ruler! Those fools! I have been tracking those plunderers for weeks now and they turn up at your doorstep. We must block their advances and put an end to this. They will know our names when we are through with them!
  • 4000 coins

2. Attracting Attention!
  • Ruler! So we finally meet face to face. As I said, I am Queen Teuta. I've had my eye on your impressive city for quite some time. This Blueprint is the first taste of what defensive measures could lay before you! If you are up for the challenge...
  • Pay 5200 Supplies
  • Ruler! My instinct was right, it seems we were destined to be true allies. Nevertheless, you will need to improve your defenses if we are to work together in catching our enemies. I attract many adversaries...
  • 1 Galata BP

3. Protect What's Yours
  • Ruler! My sources say your existence hasn't gone unnoticed by many. Others will follow, both friend and foe. Enemies can and will attack to plunder your buildings if you don't protect them...
  • In a production building, finish a 15-minute production 9 times. Gather 4000 coins.
  • Ruler! Luckily, there are many measures we can take to limit and even stop the plundering. Make sure to collect your productions on time to make sure motivated buildings are not plunderable. Take this and try it out...
  • 1 Galata BP, Self-Aid kit

4. City Attacks and Defense
  • Ruler! While impressive, your city is always vulnerable to attack whether you initiate it or not! Using a self-aid kit on a favored building can block it from being plundered by your enemies. We must take action!
  • Use a self-aid kit on a building in your city to prevent it from being plundered OR Motivate or polish 25 buildings for other players.
  • Ruler! That's it! Don't forget, you can use self-aid kits on any building you desire without your enemies knowing. A trap is only a trap if you don't know about it.
  • 1 Galata BP

5. Name???
  • Ruler! The Galata Tower is a great gift I bestow onto you. Let me explain why. When your enemies succeed in an attack and try to plunder, there is a chance that the plunder attempt will be repelled and the attacker will gain nothing!
  • Build 2 Residential buildings from your age OR Build 3 residential buildings from the previous age
  • Ruler! I expected this, news of your new Great Building has reached the outer lands. We should expect some threatening company any day and make the necessary preparations.
  • 2 Galata BP

6. Our Enemies Approach
  • Ruler! I enjoy attracting attention, but the right attention! My informants have brought news of incoming scouts already. I will not take this lightly. We must strengthen your army!
  • Recruit 2 units from your age OR solve this simple negotiation, gather 40 goods, e.g. from goods buildings or by trading.
  • Ruler! Help your allies by contributing to their Great Buildings, prehaps they will return the favor on your Galata Tower! Your defenses are growing day by day and so is my impression of you Ruler.
  • 1 Galata BP

7. Man the City!
  • Ruler! Your units are ready and awaiting orders. Assigning units to your defending army is important as they are your front line against plunderers. Will you be taking care of it or will you leave it up to your army?
  • USe the city auto-defense option in the army management OR assign at least 2 units to your defending army in army management.
  • Ruler! You are learning fast, but there is always room for improvement. I think your army will benefit greatly from this additional defense gift.
  • 1 Galata BP, 20% Defender Boost

8. Trust in Defense
  • Ruler! Your army is in place! Such progress, but let's give them that extra boost. The Friends Tavern has an abundance of defensive benefits you can activate at any time to help protect your city!
  • Use a defender boost item from your inventory OR Activate 1 boost in the Friends Tavern, gain 105 total population
  • Ruler! Did you see you can activate a shield in the Friends Tavern to completely block attacks on your city? The ultimate defense!
  • 1 Galata BP

9. Defense Boost
  • Ruler! The plans for the Galata Tower are nearly complete! The hour of revenge has come, let's put this army to good use. Defense is the first act of war after all!
  • Defeat this very small army OR solve this simple negotiation
  • Ruler! You did it and for this, I award you with my final gift. I must say the excitement of revenge is intoxicating don't you think!
  • 1 Galata BP

10. The Galata Tower
  • Ruler! The final plans are yours! Construct the Galata Tower in your city as a symbol of your defensive strength to any enemy who may come your way.
  • Build the Galata Tower in your city OR contribute 10 Forge Points to Great Buildings
  • Ruler! Protecting your city is every great ruler's basic duty. You have come far, the key now is to continue to defend and let your city flourish.
  • 2 FP

End of Special Questline

Enjoy :)