• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have tried to look there also, but I suspect that this tower will not need much time to get to 10st levels. That list is quite useless (it should be possible to use a filter to sort it by GB).

If it's a commonly found building though some of the ones put up won't be leveled very fast as they'll be planted by new players without the contacts to move it further.

Logical spots for it might be the EMA or LMA bonus questlines. EMA it could replace the monastery that conceptually was to help you defend your city *snicker*. LMA is an age where new players often start worrying about plunder a lot more due to escalating costs for goods buildings as well as escalating need for goods.

If it's a commonly found building though some of the ones put up won't be leveled very fast as they'll be planted by new players without the contacts to move it further.

Logical spots for it might be the EMA or LMA bonus questlines. EMA it could replace the monastery that conceptually was to help you defend your city *snicker*. LMA is an age where new players often start worrying about plunder a lot more due to escalating costs for goods buildings as well as escalating need for goods.
I figured it'd be activated once the tech that unlocks pvp is researched. I'm in LMA on beta and have no quest for it.

Azertonn

Merchant
I doubt less active players will get it to high levels...

On the other hand, Inno will likely continue to add high yielding plunderable buildings to the game (like train, hippodrome) - so overall you will still plunder more than before I assume

Fair points

CrashBoom

Legend
I think it would be the best for both sides if the defender won´t loose anything but the plunderer still gets the FP/ goods etc
In that case the plunder repel effect could be even higher
only if that also applies to the Atlantis Museum
if that GB gets active the plundered don't lose anything

because if the defenders GB gives an advantage to the plunderer the attackers GB must also give an advantage to the plundered

jovada

Regent
only if that also applies to the Atlantis Museum
if that GB gets active the plundered don't lose anything

because if the defenders GB gives an advantage to the plunderer the attackers GB must also give an advantage to the plundered

If a plunder GB like Atlantis is countered by a repel best is to not subtract from his attempts so he keep his attempts and not loosing the effect of his GB

thelegend88

Squire
Many players complained about being plundered as there was a lot of those who had plenty of time and resources to attack neighbors. Then GBG was added to consume time and troops of those who plundered and offered a much more lucrative alternative. Plundering decreased significantly but it wasn't enough as era campers who have unlimited time and highevel GBs plus Traz can still easily do both.

So next step was to add PvP arena and remove PvP towers as another means of reducing fights in neighborhoods and that way reduce plundering even more. It was obvious reason for which PvP arena was added, or better said rushed, in a first place. But then arena failed and we get this new GB as a direct result.

I will strongly advise against it, waste of many FPs in order to save just a few and although 3x3 space is not that large it can be crucial for new players. Better for them to place Dark Doorway for example and take 3 basically guaranteed FPs a day than to invest thousands of FPs into this and slow down their growth completely.

Panthera

Merchant
5 days and still no GB in sight
the quest must be well hidden
knowing that it takes 2 days to have the Oracle, we will assume that it must be at the end of ADF or at the beginning of ...........the end

jovada

Regent
I will strongly advise against it, waste of many FPs in order to save just a few and although 3x3 space is not that large it can be crucial for new players. Better for them to place Dark Doorway for example and take 3 basically guaranteed FPs a day than to invest thousands of FPs into this and slow down their growth completely.

You forget that second bonus you receive goods, and they are very welcome for new players , also advanced players can remove san marco and build Galata instead , they save space and can add Dark Doorways or carrousels in the free space ;)

Panthera

Merchant
You forget that second bonus you receive goods, and they are very welcome for new players , also advanced players can remove san marco and build Galata instead , they save space and can add Dark Doorways or carrousels in the free space
san marco (saint mark probebly) is mainly used for bonus coins

when you are a farmer at the beginning you need a lot of coins and supplies to produce
but after the refined you use it to buy FP

Last edited:

Sigmus

Farmer
Das Gebäude ist eine tolle Sache ich ärgere mich oft über Plünderungen. Wenn man später angefangen hat besteht keine Chance die Armee so hoch zu pushen Das man eine Chance hat.
Daher Daumen hoch für diese Idee

qaccy

Emperor
I'd prefer a Fierce Resistance passive to go along with the plunder repel, but I realize this is impossible with the repel having charges (a collection is necessary to refresh them). And unlike with The Virgo Project, I think this having charges makes sense - plundering generally doesn't happen often.

I do hope we occasionally see constant passive effects moving forward though, and that it's not only going to be charges from now on.

CrashBoom

Legend
plundering has its own achievement

and for that reason I think plunder repel also deserves an achievement for the defender: you successfully repelled plundering x times
(and maybe even another one for the attacker like for losing fights: nice plunder try. you failed x times plundering)

thelegend88

Squire
You forget that second bonus you receive goods, and they are very welcome for new players , also advanced players can remove san marco and build Galata instead , they save space and can add Dark Doorways or carrousels in the free space ;)
No, who says I've forgot goods? I find it insignificant, it's 12 goods on level 10 (prior to ME). I built St. Marks somewhat early on as it helped me complete many RQs trough the early eras which gave a lot more goods and gain enough coins for FP buying. Currently I hold onto it as I regret deleting something which I've invested FPs on to replace it with something new and again use FPs just to get urenfied goods... I don't care about being plundered, if someone manages to - it's my fault for not being on time once a day. And if they do plunder, I'm sure I can take more :)

Logical spots for it might be the EMA or LMA bonus questlines. EMA it could replace the monastery that conceptually was to help you defend your city *snicker*.
I agree, it would be a very nice replacement for the monastery.

I don't understand why Inno doesn't give the whole information on the way to get this GB. Noone is going to delete their city to begin anew and find the new quests. One day, we will know because someone will finally get it but why make us wait?

jovada

Regent
san marco (saint mark probebly) is mainly used for bonus coins

when you are a farmer at the beginning you need a lot of coins and supplies to produce
but after the refined you use it to buy FP

I said advanced players when you have 15g coins in stock you don't need san marco anymore.