• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Message Center Changes

Aurora

Farmer
Like the changes of the message center very much! Good job!

There is just one point that I don´t like. Every guild chat is now to be found in the Social Conversation Section. The leader of the guild is not interested in putting these conversations to the Guild Section. So the chaos is the same as before, it´s a mixture of personal and guild conversations. That makes no sense! Maybe there should be found a possibiliy to switch these conversations to another section?

DeletedUser9056

Hi, I like the new format.
I think there can be 3 sections, not counting INNO (which we should be able to delete once read).
  • Guild Business - for urgent notifications and alerts (from privileged users)
  • Guild General - for Threads including swaps, 1.x GB, trades, treasury, etc.
  • Private - user to user messages.
The ability to move messages from one category to another would smooth the transition.
It could take considerable amount of time for moderators to re-establish re-occurring threads into the Guild section.

Thank you for the great effort put into this feature.

Aether7

Farmer
Overall I like the new message center. Well done Inno! A few comments:

- Messages marked as important should also be pinned to the top. Guild members that log in should see those first. Once they have read it they should be able to hide the message.

- Some guild messages should only be seen by members that have been given the proper guild rights. Useful for GvG, GBG threads.

- Add an option to move our existing guild threads over from the social tab.

- Add a separate tab for private messages.

DeletedUser9570

sorry, but the new center is a total failure. It's totally confused, you don't find a thing. Please bring back the old one!

Guild threads can be created by any Guild members with notifier rights.

This needs to be changed to: "Guild threads can be created by Founders or Leaders only." Without the requested restriction, the guild thread section will be cluttered with social messages that no one can leave and the actual Social section will simplely die off.

shemilla

Farmer
I dont care much about the message centre itself as I rarely communicate with others in the game but I am over seeing a flashing message symbol that will not go away despite there being no new messages there.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This needs to be changed to: "Guild threads can be created by Founders or Leaders only." Without the requested restriction, the guild thread section will be cluttered with social messages that no one can leave and the actual Social section will simplely die off.

Notifier rights is fine. Just take away notifier rights if you don't want them making guild threads (by default they don't have them - and the only purpose that right serves is enabling them to make guild threads!)

Overall this looks promising but i'm not in a situation in beta to really test it.

revrick

Farmer
Overall there are some great usability changes in the rework. Some suggestions..

The titles of the threads have the date appended to it in the same size text, font, and weight. This makes it hard to scan down the page by only the title of the thread. Please consider changing the date portion for readability.. i.e

Orig.png =>Tweaked.png

The messages in threads have the date and then the name of the person. Since the date's length can change quite a bit, now the names are not in a consistent location. Please consider separating this data - it seems busy the way it is currently laid out.. i.e

Orig2.png => Tweaked2.png

Alphatier

Farmer
Thanks for the changes in the Message Center, they have been successful.
A suggestion from my side for further changes: a tab with all messages would be nice, especially in the app I miss such a feature.

Tigertjheu

Squire
I think it is a good idea that you would still be able to leave guild messages if you want to.

And I think it would be great if we had the possibility to add a extra tab below guild en personal just how users want to, with the possibility to place conservations to there from guild or personal for your own tab.

Also i would like to see that if you would hold the personal messages tab and take it above it will change the order.

And if you open a conservation you get a new window. I do not like this and i think it would be good that the menu would always be visible.

DeletedUser5882

+ Message box is wider
+ Contrast is good
+ There's enough space between each message
+ Nice message features like hide or starred
+ The small alert is still there in case there are any unread messages left (some messages get easily buried down when inbox is constantly active due to many group threads)

- The background color is too dark, former yellowish color was better
- Tabs are making it confusing! We chose to continue our guild threads in Social tab where we have all our other conversations going on for easy access
- The message details such as sender and date/time is displayed on top with bold characters whereas the actual message is hardly noticed especially if only few words are used. Details should go to bottom and in a different position like it used to be in the past! We should see the details only if we want to see them, it should not force itself into our eyes!

Edit: The tags could be turned into tabs for easy access! Then even guild threads could be easily filtered with tag/tab
So all messages would still be in the same place with tabs/tags making them easy to filter

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Give it a chance. Yes I know, not all like changes and will have hard to get use to them.
But
All in all, this changes are good, I'm speaking as a guild leder.
The Guild section/tab gives me a lot more options.
1. Leader info tread, that can be locked so member can't write in it. I can also make it sticky. I can't stop members from heiding it but guess I can loive with that.
2. All the guild threads do not need to wait for a leader to add new members and the members can hide the ones they don't want to look of all the time.

I do miss a guild leader section/tab, that only will be there for guild leders else the guild leader threads will have to go to the social section/tab

The Social section are the members own mess of messages, I love they are seperate from guild messages

Here could be need for a few extra setting.
Make an options so all can add Group treads, guildmembers, friends or Neighbours to a new message, only one of them at the time.
Yes it could be annoying but with favorite and hitten options, I believe it won't be so bad.

I also love Inno treats got their own section/tab