• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Increase the challenge at Side Quests, at least once per Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To increase challenge level, at least once per Era, and Player satisfaction.
Details
See above at Proposed.
Balance
Requirements of quest must be balanced by era.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues detected.
Summary
To insert at each Age (just to new ages? or also edit current requirements at one side quest at Eras already released) new Side Quests (abortable) that raise the challenge to the Player and require more mind / strategy effort that simply wait to city collection to complete the spend or pay X of this resource or complete N battles without losing.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, not find any duplicates or similar ides. DSNSL reviewed, no conflicts here.
Current: Most of the quests at the game are just menial boring everyday tasks, no real challenge after a while in the game. Some asks for things that the player does not really needs or be aligned to the Player's strategy and ends as resources wasting in build or doing things to get demolished after the quest is done. Quest reward does little to compensate resources invested. Examples:
  • Build N houses (Really I have thousands or millions of extra population at the moment).
  • Raise Happiness by X (My Happiness level is over 1200 and have XX,XXX or more extra from Alcatraz and others.)
  • Spend Y FPs (Yeah, take that Y FP Swap thread, or finish unlocking that Research, 3 seconds work and done, No challenge).
  • Defeat X units.
  • more examples can be mentioned.
Very few quests do really require the Player to think how to solve it and set an strategy to get it done. At the most, the greater side quests challenge is to hold the Player until city collection time to complete a Collect X coins or y supplies, not a mind challenging tasks.

Proposed: Increase challenge level of one Side Quest per Era, that really put the Player to think how to complete the requirement. Three of the current quests that stands out from the menial, easy, every day tasks mentioned earlier are listed below:

• Industrial Age Era: A Real Challenge :
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! Are you up for a real challenge? Well, I am. Let's play a game - I bet you can't do this!
    • Have exactly 1997 population available.
  • Modern Era: A New Challenge:
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! I have another challenge for you, so you don't get bored!
    • Have exactly 6750 population available.
  • There is another by Fernicus the Architect that requires to have exactly 0 population available. was looking for it but could not find it.
New or edited side quests to increase challenge level does not have to be always related to population, but to bring another task other than simply collect x of this resource, spend y of that resource.

As all Side Quests, these new/edited quests to be abortable.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
- Heal 1000 units is more challenging for me. Even if I get 100 diamonds or 1000diamonds, will abort it anyhow
1.000 diamonds base reward? With an decant CF that are multiple thousands of diamonds. I would invest it without 2nd thought as I'll easily earn it back with an high enough cf (live city, not Beta city). Even just 1 cf lvl extra beyond lvl10 will increase it with 50 diamonds.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
who remembers those one level up voucher for Zeus, Aachen and CdM ?
I remember, if such voucher was the final reward of the Mughal empire settlement. I would
even go through the torture of completing those settlements. Never mind the frustrations
of the buggy and unfairly flawed settlement, such reward worth a lot. Easily the most valuable
item in the entire game.

nice2haveu

Baronet
1.000 diamonds base reward? With an decant CF that are multiple thousands of diamonds. I would invest it without 2nd thought as I'll easily earn it back with an high enough cf (live city, not Beta city). Even just 1 cf lvl extra beyond lvl10 will increase it with 50 diamonds.
So, intentionally buttering up the FOE devs in the means of requesting harder quest to make ourselves richer with big rewards from this proposed idea. Slightly feeling like DNS don't know why.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, intentionally buttering up the FOE devs in the means of requesting harder quest to make ourselves richer with big rewards from this proposed idea. Slightly feeling like DNS don't know why.
Not really, OP didn't request such, the 1k diamonds where just one of you're examples, not from the original proposal.

It is normal to expect that a regular task is awarded with a regular sized reward, and therefore a higher difficult task be paired with a bigger reward. I'm not an expert in balancing rules / issues so I let the developers to calibrate how much more a reward should be for a higher challenging quest.

1000 Diamonds? I never asked for that. The quests I quoted as examples ("A Real Challenge" and "A New Challenge") just give 30 Diamonds + 1 Blueprint, and the other 40 Diamonds.

The rewards for what I ask dont have to be in Diamonds, could be other things, as I said before I leave that to the developers to balance.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
It is normal to expect that a regular task is awarded with a regular sized reward, and therefore a higher difficult task be paired with a bigger reward. I'm not an expert in balancing rules / issues so I let the developers to calibrate how much more a reward should be for a higher challenging quest.

1000 Diamonds? I never asked for that. The quests I quoted as examples ("A Real Challenge" and "A New Challenge") just give 30 Diamonds + 1 Blueprint, and the other 40 Diamonds.

The rewards for what I ask dont have to be in Diamonds, could be other things, as I said before I leave that to the developers to balance.

1000 diamonds You didn't ask for it, me neither. Just to give my perception towards increasing challenge will bring more speed to abort from our end even if it comes with huge rewards.

Increasing challenge~Increasing reward
Only CF gb players who pushed to extreme levels will get much benefit.

Idea will make few peoples rich, who are already strong in the game. When myself started playing the game initially without anyone guidance, every quest is challenging. Still remembering those initial days, where no arcs and no alcatraz in the city but only having delphi and zeus waiting for prints of LOA gb to get the last blueprint box for unlocking it. Those are unbelievable memories, hunter and pottery production building for 24hrs cycle execution daily. Providing happiness by building cultural building, and worried for deleting the cultural building to witness the happiness reduction. So, that time, side quest (story and recurring ) are the only source to benefits the city. When some events started, after 7 or 12 quests, ended up with blocked situation in earlier days for not having enough resources in the city. That time side quest makes us happy with decent rewards. Bringing challenges to it, make the people dislike the game too since it affect their easy chance of collecting the rewards. It is a easy chance/way only, not a easy side/story/recurring quest for few players. Because chances are given, but you have to make your city support that needs otherwise it is a challenging one only.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Only CF gb players who pushed to extreme levels
What are extreme levels? At lvl10 it's already pretty decant, at lvl80 which is an relative normal lvl it also gives a large
enough bonus to make an big difference. Personally I consider an CF lvl beyond lvl100 to be on the high end of things.
Over lvl200 at the extremely high end of GBs but I wonder what is considered to be ''extreme'' for others. It also only
affect resource rewards, especially diamonds but who knows? Maybe they'll give unique rewards like an special
building or something which isn't boosted by CF anyways.
Idea will make few peoples rich, who are already strong in the game.
How so? Anyone can do an extra challenging quest by choice. It's not something only the strongest can do. Unless
it's defeating an army with huge bonuses of course.
When myself started playing the game initially without anyone guidance, every quest is challenging. Still remembering those initial days, where no arcs and no alcatraz in the city but only having delphi and zeus waiting for prints of LOA gb to get the last blueprint box for unlocking it. Those are unbelievable memories, hunter and pottery production building for 24hrs cycle execution daily. Providing happiness by building cultural building, and worried for deleting the cultural building to witness the happiness reduction. So, that time, side quest (story and recurring ) are the only source to benefits the city. When some events started, after 7 or 12 quests, ended up with blocked situation in earlier days for not having enough resources in the city. That time side quest makes us happy with decent rewards. Bringing challenges to it, make the people dislike the game too since it affect their easy chance of collecting the rewards. It is a easy chance/way only, not a easy side/story/recurring quest for few players. Because chances are given, but you have to make your city support that needs otherwise it is a challenging one only.
Well very easy solution, just give extra challenging quests in more advanced ages. I think that was also the aim to
begin with, with this proposal.

Idea will make few peoples rich,
If a player receives 1000 Diamonds from completing one challenging quest from this idea I would agree that this make him/her "rich". But we are far from that.

First, this idea calls for just one side Quest per Era, This is not a constant or daily income for the player, but just a once in a while.

Second, the amount to receive is not either a big fortune, taking the actual quoted quests ("A Real Challenge" and "A New Challenge") as examples the reward granted replaces a "regular reward" by 40 Diamonds (at best since the rewards could be other). That is enough for four (4) additional guesses in GE Negotiations, or healing a few units after a battle, but not enough for buying a small basket of ingredients for the current baking event. Are then 40 Diamonds per Era going to make rich anyone? I wont say so.

And again I repeat: The rewards for what I ask dont have to be in Diamonds, could be other things, as I said before I leave that to the developers to balance. I'm not saying the rewards to be like 40 Diamonds.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Well very easy solution, just give extra challenging quests in more advanced ages. I think that was also the aim to
begin with, with this proposal.
Why it has to be implemented. First, making few rich for sure, no denies on it ( because proposed idea works very well for their strong built city when compared with few others who are yet to reach higher levels ). Second, expecting rewards(items) or building. Third, abuse or balance issues. Perfect for DNSL.

Anyways, by choice everyone can do the challenging quest, but stronger player doesn't feel anything challenging. For them only challenging or painful factor is, waiting 24hrs for next event quest once rush quests are done already.
First, this idea calls for just one side Quest per Era, This is not a constant or daily income for the player, but just a once in a while.
Even myself saying the same, having recurring quests in place, got abort limit also, but now asking to increase challenge in the side quest to get bigger rewards which comes up to the players progressively. Myself couldn't stop thinking about, proposed idea never likes to get less rewards by having CF with extreme levels. (Extreme levels - use your imagination above 10+ levels any number).

Noname 5.0

Steward
I now that in discussion that those ideas are not going to be considered by Inno games.
What about hear in new ideas,will any of these ideas make it a cross the desktops of anyone at Inno Games?

Why it has to be implemented. First, making few rich for sure, no denies on it ( because proposed idea works very well for their strong built city when compared with few others who are yet to reach higher levels ). Second, expecting rewards(items) or building. Third, abuse or balance issues. Perfect for DNSL.

Anyways, by choice everyone can do the challenging quest, but stronger player doesn't feel anything challenging. For them only challenging or painful factor is, waiting 24hrs for next event quest once rush quests are done already.

Even myself saying the same, having recurring quests in place, got abort limit also, but now asking to increase challenge in the side quest to get bigger rewards which comes up to the players progressively. Myself couldn't stop thinking about, proposed idea never likes to get less rewards by having CF with extreme levels. (Extreme levels - use your imagination above 10+ levels any number).

Why it has to be implemented?
  • To increase the level of difficulty of the game a bit, and by that making the game more interesting and enjoyable.
  • To reduce the boring, repetitive nature of quests.
First, making few rich for sure, no denies on it
  • I deny it, see post #30 above.
Second, expecting rewards(items) or building.
As I said more than once:
  • Fairness calls for rewards be balanced with efforts required to complete the task. If developers agree to raise the challenge/difficulty level of just one Side Quest by Era (or as drakenridder suggest make this idea applicable to new eras only) then it is fair that the reward of that single side quest be more than rewards for a regular side quest.
  • I leave rewards decision to the developers, I'm not specifying what or how much they should be.
Third, abuse or balance issues.
  • Again, Balance Challenging/Difficulty of task vs Reward quality & quantity, and I'm open to what the developers judge to be fair and balanced. Balance Issue solved.
  • Abuse? How a Player will be able to abuse this?
    • Every Player will receive the same Side Quests, with requirements set by the Developers adjusted to the Player's Era.
    • Player choices (as with any Side Quest) are Complete the quest and get reward, or Abort the quest and continue. every Player have same choices.
    • Player can not get the reward multiple rimes. This is just one Side Quest per era, not a Recurring Quest that can be completed multiple times in the same era until the Player decides to move on. Recurring Quests (RQs) are not part of my idea, the RQs stay as they are right now, they are irrelevant to this debate.
Chatteau Frontenac (CF) impacts most of quests (regular, side, recurring, event) boosting the rewards given, except those giving FPs.
  • If the developers decide to give FPs Packs as rewards then CF is irrelevant to this idea.
  • If the developers decide rewards to be resources that CF can boost then CF retain its current value as designed. My idea is not calling to nerf CF or to change its design to treat a single side quest differently. I see CF as one of the most valued GBs in the game, every Player should evaluate its potential and decide to build one at their city.
  • Having a Chatteau Frontenac or any other GB is not abuse. Leveling it up at a level designed by the game is not abuse. This is just playing the game as it is designed.
Explain what you mean by abuse with my idea.

Anyways, by choice everyone can do the challenging quest, but stronger player doesn't feel anything challenging
  • As explained at the idea, the challenge Im looking for are tasks are not the simple and menial every day tasks that don't require much thinking to solve.
  • Asking to low era player and high era Players to gather 150 goods would fit your statement... the low era would likely abort, while the high era (strong?) player will not see that as a challenge. Im not asking for that, Im not even proposing quests requiring low era Player to gather 15 goods and asking the strong high era player to gather 500 goods, That is not what I call challenging.
  • The type of quest Im asking for need to put the Player to figure out how to solve the quest requirement, to produce a mind challenge, to solve a mathematical or logical problem, for example the quests that asked to reach to an specific number of Free Population where the Player will have to figure out how many houses to build or delete to reach that number, combined with how many supplies, military or goods buildings to add or delete from city to impact the free population and reach the goal.
Perfect for DNSL.

I now that in discussion that those ideas are not going to be considered by Inno games.
Which ideas are "those ideas"? Some of my ideas have been forwarded to the developers, other don't.

Anyway, this thread is only focussed in the idea described at the first post. Not in any other "new ideas".
Do you think any part of this idea should be edited? changed? or explained further? Which one?

nice2haveu

Baronet
Why it has to be implemented?
  • To increase the level of difficulty of the game a bit, and by that making the game more interesting and enjoyable.
  • To reduce the boring, repetitive nature of quests.
First, making few rich for sure, no denies on it
  • I deny it, see post #30 above.
Second, expecting rewards(items) or building.
As I said more than once:
  • Fairness calls for rewards be balanced with efforts required to complete the task. If developers agree to raise the challenge/difficulty level of just one Side Quest by Era (or as drakenridder suggest make this idea applicable to new eras only) then it is fair that the reward of that single side quest be more than rewards for a regular side quest.
  • I leave rewards decision to the developers, I'm not specifying what or how much they should be.
Third, abuse or balance issues.
  • Again, Balance Challenging/Difficulty of task vs Reward quality & quantity, and I'm open to what the developers judge to be fair and balanced. Balance Issue solved.
  • Abuse? How a Player will be able to abuse this?
    • Every Player will receive the same Side Quests, with requirements set by the Developers adjusted to the Player's Era.
    • Player choices (as with any Side Quest) are Complete the quest and get reward, or Abort the quest and continue. every Player have same choices.
    • Player can not get the reward multiple rimes. This is just one Side Quest per era, not a Recurring Quest that can be completed multiple times in the same era until the Player decides to move on. Recurring Quests (RQs) are not part of my idea, the RQs stay as they are right now, they are irrelevant to this debate.
Chatteau Frontenac (CF) impacts most of quests (regular, side, recurring, event) boosting the rewards given, except those giving FPs.
  • If the developers decide to give FPs Packs as rewards then CF is irrelevant to this idea.
  • If the developers decide rewards to be resources that CF can boost then CF retain its current value as designed. My idea is not calling to nerf CF or to change its design to treat a single side quest differently. I see CF as one of the most valued GBs in the game, every Player should evaluate its potential and decide to build one at their city.
  • Having a Chatteau Frontenac or any other GB is not abuse. Leveling it up at a level designed by the game is not abuse. This is just playing the game as it is designed.
Explain what you mean by abuse with my idea.

Anyways, by choice everyone can do the challenging quest, but stronger player doesn't feel anything challenging
  • As explained at the idea, the challenge Im looking for are tasks are not the simple and menial every day tasks that don't require much thinking to solve.
  • Asking to low era player and high era Players to gather 150 goods would fit your statement... the low era would likely abort, while the high era (strong?) player will not see that as a challenge. Im not asking for that, Im not even proposing quests requiring low era Player to gather 15 goods and asking the strong high era player to gather 500 goods, That is not what I call challenging.
  • The type of quest Im asking for need to put the Player to figure out how to solve the quest requirement, to produce a mind challenge, to solve a mathematical or logical problem, for example the quests that asked to reach to an specific number of Free Population where the Player will have to figure out how many houses to build or delete to reach that number, combined with how many supplies, military or goods buildings to add or delete from city to impact the free population and reach the goal.
Perfect for DNSL.
Abuse - use to one's advantage in a way that was not intended to be in the game.

It is not for you to say as like "not DNSL" too. Check the DNSL details one more time.

In the DNSL, "changes to exisiting rewards" is mentioned. You can argue like, proposed idea not to change exisiting rewards but changing side quest into more challenging to expect bigger rewards when compared to current rewards. (Still I will say this belong to DNSL). This idea has most of the DNSL listed things which myself have mentioned earlier.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
1.) It's equal chances for everyone by making the choice to either doing it or leaving it. Settlements and events for
example require some time and effort. Those who do become ''richer'' and stronger out of it, those who don't
are left behind. So, those features should be removed among GE, GbG, GvG, all GBs, the antique dealer, the DQ
and above all else all the events must be banned because especially events making a few that do those richer.
Shame on Inno to spicing up this game so a few can become richer!

2.) Expecting is something different then proposing. Proposing items and buildings not present yet are DNSL but
those ain't proposed, just speculated up on but not by design proposed so, no DNSL otherwise nearly any new
feature is DNSL with an reward waiting at the end.
Who knows what the rewards are. Maybe it's just an fancy achievement for completing X extra hard 1-time offered
Challenges. Does those achievements make me richer or stronger than offer players? Does make 1 building that
does something many event buildings do or many settlement reward buildings make me much richer and stronger?
I think it's overestimated.

3.) What abuse or balance? It's limited to an 1-time quest. How can you abuse an 1-time offer? It can't be
dubbed and balance is an joke events power creep have payed the way already. So, no problems there
either.

I still feel like the first statement is the actual real problem. Not wanting to putting in the effort for getting
to the reward while offers do and get their rightful reward. Events should for that reason be banned all
together and GE, GvG, GbG and settlements must be removed. Since some don't bother with them
too.

What are considered ''strong'' players? AF players, those who have put time and effort into growing
their GBs high, those who took the time and effort to collect sufficient event buildings, those who
completed settlements? Everyone can reach that point by choice. There are those who choice to
become stronger and those who've chosen not to and be left behind.
It's just all choice, effort and reward. Everyone has equal chances. The problem is choice itself and
the will to putting in the time and effort to reach it. The problem with many is they want the reward but
don't want to paying the price attached to it for reaching their goal.

You're confusing Side quests with reoccurring quests. Side quests are 1-time offered deals, reoccurring quests
are cycling in an endless loop.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
reoccurring
I like that name. Recurring - Repeating. You think like myself got confused about side quest and recurring quest. May be you are misunderstanding me.
Everyone can reach that point by choice. There are those who choice to
become stronger and those who've chosen not to and be left behind.
Ofcourse. But the proposed idea immediately benefits the one who are stronger already. Did you not understanding my point. Don't suggest any idea which will benefit one side of players category. That's my wish, if you agree or disagree, its your mind set. For me, this is DNSL.

For example, take a note of production carousel. Will it have any scenario like stronger players or normal players to use it. Proposed idea is completely not balanced rite. To make it balance, suggesting to higher age players only which itself not a perfect fit. Why to have a new idea which needs to leave new players (or) players who is working on a new world. Myself totally against this idea.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I like that name. Recurring - Repeating. You think like myself got confused about side quest and recurring quest. May be you are misunderstanding me.
Proposal is about side quests, turning the tables to you’re self claimed “right” doesn’t change the facts.
Ofcourse. But the proposed idea immediately benefits the one who are stronger already. Did you not understanding my point. Don't suggest any idea which will benefit one side of players category. That's my wish, if you agree or disagree, its your mind set. For me, this is DNSL.
If I've understood the proposal correctly it can start roughly around EMA. In any case it doesn't just benefit
those who are established. It will benefit everyone who choice to complete them, when such side quest
shows up. Assuming that the first starting to show up around EMA and continuing through the game, I can't
really see how it only benefits immediate and exclusively the ''strong.''
There are plenty AF players that have weak build cities. My Beta city suffers greatly from my choice to pushing
it through an experiment. Those cities you would classify immediately as ''strong'' because of their age are
actual weaker than camping BA/IA players.
Will it have any scenario like stronger players or normal players to use it.
I don't know what you classify as ''normal'' and ''strong'' so, I just go on assumption. Assuming that the
''normal'' players are inexperienced and running not established cities and the strong actually have put
in years of effort and hard work in to establishing themselves... I would say yes both groups will equally
likely making an choice to either taking the challenge to become strong or taking the challenge because
they want to challenge themselves. If it's just an achievement it depends on the mindset.

Anyways you've completely ignored or been unaware why many features and parts of the game isn't
available from the start. Examples: Mughal Empire and Aztecs in settlements. Space colonies and
special resource ports, guilds, PvP, not even DQ, etc. The reason is to not overwhelm new players
with the complexity of many features. Implementing challenging Side quests might confuse and
frustrate new players. Letting challenging Side quests appear roughly from EMA makes much more
sense instead of following an mindset of disgust towards what must be unlocked first and towards
those who've played for many years for achieving what they've achieved with their cities for such
making purposely hard optional side quests available at the beginning while there's no realistic
chance for completing them any time soon at that stage of the game.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Proposal is about side quests, turning the tables to you’re self claimed “right” doesn’t change the facts.

If I've understood the proposal correctly it can start roughly around EMA. In any case it doesn't just benefit
those who are established. It will benefit everyone who choice to complete them, when such side quest
shows up. Assuming that the first starting to show up around EMA and continuing through the game, I can't
really see how it only benefits immediate and exclusively the ''strong.''
There are plenty AF players that have weak build cities. My Beta city suffers greatly from my choice to pushing
it through an experiment. Those cities you would classify immediately as ''strong'' because of their age are
actual weaker than camping BA/IA players.

I don't know what you classify as ''normal'' and ''strong'' so, I just go on assumption. Assuming that the
''normal'' players are inexperienced and running not established cities and the strong actually have put
in years of effort and hard work in to establishing themselves... I would say yes both groups will equally
likely making an choice to either taking the challenge to become strong or taking the challenge because
they want to challenge themselves. If it's just an achievement it depends on the mindset.

Anyways you've completely ignored or been unaware why many features and parts of the game isn't
available from the start. Examples: Mughal Empire and Aztecs in settlements. Space colonies and
special resource ports, guilds, PvP, not even DQ, etc. The reason is to not overwhelm new players
with the complexity of many features. Implementing challenging Side quests might confuse and
frustrate new players. Letting challenging Side quests appear roughly from EMA makes much more
sense instead of following an mindset of disgust towards what must be unlocked first and towards
those who've played for many years for achieving what they've achieved with their cities for such
making purposely hard optional side quests available at the beginning while there's no realistic
chance for completing them any time soon at that stage of the game.
Will stick with the mind set like, side quests are already challenging. Where do you get the confirmation like, it is not challenging.
If you want more challenging, let the Dev's remove the abort option. It brings challenges to the side quest where every players will need to follow that path mandatorily.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Will stick with the mind set like, side quests are already challenging. Where do you get the confirmation like, it is not challenging
Just read this:
Current: Most of the quests at the game are just menial boring everyday tasks, no real challenge after a while in the game. Some asks for things that the player does not really needs or be aligned to the Player's strategy and ends as resources wasting in build or doing things to get demolished after the quest is done. Quest reward does little to compensate resources invested. Examples:
  • Build N houses (Really I have thousands or millions of extra population at the moment).
  • Raise Happiness by X (My Happiness level is over 1200 and have XX,XXX or more extra from Alcatraz and others.)
  • Spend Y FPs (Yeah, take that Y FP Swap thread, or finish unlocking that Research, 3 seconds work and done, No challenge).
  • Defeat X units.
  • more examples can be mentioned.
Very few quests do really require the Player to think how to solve it and set an strategy to get it done. At the most, the greater side quests challenge is to hold the Player until city collection time to complete a Collect X coins or y supplies, not a mind challenging tasks.

Proposed: Increase challenge level of one Side Quest per Era, that really put the Player to think how to complete the requirement. Three of the current quests that stands out from the menial, easy, every day tasks mentioned earlier are listed below:

• Industrial Age Era: A Real Challenge :
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! Are you up for a real challenge? Well, I am. Let's play a game - I bet you can't do this!
    • Have exactly 1997 population available.
  • Modern Era: A New Challenge:
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! I have another challenge for you, so you don't get bored!
    • Have exactly 6750 population available.
  • There is another by Fernicus the Architect that requires to have exactly 0 population available. was looking for it but could not find it.
New or edited side quests to increase challenge level does not have to be always related to population, but to bring another task other than simply collect x of this resource, spend y of that resource.

As all Side Quests, these new/edited quests to be abortable.
And @nice2haveu meh I think after 8-9yrs playing FoE I myself can decide for myself what is challenging and not. For the vast majority paying a few supplies, coins and goods, completing a few tasks you'll do daily isn't exactly challenging. Even in EMA most side quests ain't challenging at all. DQ because of the time limit at times are the closest thing of such but best examples are already given in the quote above.

Status
Not open for further replies.