• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Increase the challenge at Side Quests, at least once per Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To increase challenge level, at least once per Era, and Player satisfaction.
Details
See above at Proposed.
Balance
Requirements of quest must be balanced by era.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse issues detected.
Summary
To insert at each Age (just to new ages? or also edit current requirements at one side quest at Eras already released) new Side Quests (abortable) that raise the challenge to the Player and require more mind / strategy effort that simply wait to city collection to complete the spend or pay X of this resource or complete N battles without losing.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, not find any duplicates or similar ides. DSNSL reviewed, no conflicts here.
Current: Most of the quests at the game are just menial boring everyday tasks, no real challenge after a while in the game. Some asks for things that the player does not really needs or be aligned to the Player's strategy and ends as resources wasting in build or doing things to get demolished after the quest is done. Quest reward does little to compensate resources invested. Examples:
  • Build N houses (Really I have thousands or millions of extra population at the moment).
  • Raise Happiness by X (My Happiness level is over 1200 and have XX,XXX or more extra from Alcatraz and others.)
  • Spend Y FPs (Yeah, take that Y FP Swap thread, or finish unlocking that Research, 3 seconds work and done, No challenge).
  • Defeat X units.
  • more examples can be mentioned.
Very few quests do really require the Player to think how to solve it and set an strategy to get it done. At the most, the greater side quests challenge is to hold the Player until city collection time to complete a Collect X coins or y supplies, not a mind challenging tasks.

Proposed: Increase challenge level of one Side Quest per Era, that really put the Player to think how to complete the requirement. Three of the current quests that stands out from the menial, easy, every day tasks mentioned earlier are listed below:

• Industrial Age Era: A Real Challenge :
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! Are you up for a real challenge? Well, I am. Let's play a game - I bet you can't do this!
    • Have exactly 1997 population available.
  • Modern Era: A New Challenge:
    • Rinbin: Your Grace! I have another challenge for you, so you don't get bored!
    • Have exactly 6750 population available.
  • There is another by Fernicus the Architect that requires to have exactly 0 population available. was looking for it but could not find it.
New or edited side quests to increase challenge level does not have to be always related to population, but to bring another task other than simply collect x of this resource, spend y of that resource.

As all Side Quests, these new/edited quests to be abortable.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It gives me the feeling like that, because what @nice2haveu mentioned is a valid reason.
The Reason for my idea is clearly posted at the first post of the idea.
"Valid reason" mentioned by nice2haveu? You mean this ?
Simple, this idea directly well supported for players who have built everything nicely in their city to overcome the difficulty. It's an advantage for them to get easily an reward from another side quest. It won't be suitable for new players who just entered into the game.
That was properly refuted at the post following that, and by others after that.

Or you mean his "feeling" that my reason is to get more diamonds (1000?) or to get "Rich"?
Actually, you are correct. Not in the original proposal, since it was a cover up I feel.
That was properly replied in post in post #30 and others following it. I never asked for 1000 Diamonds for solving a simple quest. And even if +Inno decides to grant 30, 40 or 50 Diamonds for a Side Quest that amount come and could go in a simple "Heal All" action or in extra turns in a negotiation or two. 30 to 50 Diamonds is not going to make anyone "Rich". Anyway, I'm not asking for Diamonds, Do I need to say it three (3) times? Or 10 times?

Forums rules tells to avoid repeating a point over and over, lets more forward. Do you have something new to add to the debate that has not been raised or replied before?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@SlytherinAttack both of you misunderstand the proposed challenge and think that it has to do with more intensive “normal” quests and taking that thought as fact.
Conveniently ignoring the actual proposed SQ. It’s not like you’re gameplay will be hindert by it at all. I’ll once again will quote what you’ll missing in the false believe you’ll read and understand that the proposal is not DC quests in SQ but quests requiring the ability to solve mathematical challenge or puzzle challenge. In both cases are resources not in any way a factor, rather the capability to solve the riddle/puzzle.

Puzzle example:
Can a new or low era player solve a logical problem? Can a new or low era player solve the "minesweeper" clone mini game used at the Aztecs Settlement? or similar "candy crush" clone set for a previous event?
Another example from the already existing challenging SQ;

Have exactly X population available

Why does it hurts and bothers you guys sooo much if there would be a few more of such SQ. It’s not even about the reward, it’s about the challenge to overcome.

@SlytherinAttack pls read those proposed riddles:
Quest instruction included a "Think it through!" riddle that the player had to solve to be able to continue. the solution was "Research", the Player had to spend a few FPs at a research to finish the quest.
Other quest asked the riddle: "Go! Go! Go! Visit some friend, make him happy with a helping hand. To so thrice, that would be nice."
Solution: "Visit / helping" leads to Motivate /Polish, "happy" leads to Happiness, so Polish not Motivate is confirmed; and then "Go!" repeated 3 times and "trice" leads to number 3, so Polish 3 times to solve the quest.
@SlytherinAttack and @nice2haveu you’ll actually claiming that solving riddles and puzzle quests are heavily depending on resources and not capability to understand the quest and solving it???o_O Thus being such impossible for an less well managed and build up city?

But in HMA may feel bit challenge and might get forced to do 'abort', which is happening currently also.
I have given examples for the Developers of challenges for low era players that are not demanding on city resources, so they just need to use their brains without needing a large inventory or a full developed Future city to accomplish the quest.

Not able to understand what you guys really expecting.
I expect:
  • To have one, just one SIDE Quest, at each Era added (or edit a current one), to be a mind challenge, not the usual gather resources, raise happiness, win a few battles, raise population, etc. that we get over and over and over and over.
    • Some commented to be just implemented at new eras, without altering Side Quests at released eras.
    • I think mind challenges can be solved by players of all eras.
  • The Side Quest difficulty level IS NOT to necessarily be tied to city resources expending, but to force the Player to use his/her mind to solve a logical, mathematical problem, puzzle or riddle to achieve the goal.
    • This has been done before in Aztecs Settlement, Halloween Event 2015 (and few others), and in the nature related event that had the Eagle, Bear and Moose Mountains this year.
    • So what I'm proposing (challenges to the mind, not challenges to the city resources) is something that the developers have done before, the mentioned events have been available and solved by low era players, so mind challenges/strategic/logic/puzzles are not impossible for them.
Are you able to understand me now? Need further explanations? On what specific part? or the whole idea?

nice2haveu

Baronet
I expect:
  • To have one, just one SIDE Quest, at each Era added (or edit a current one), to be a mind challenge, not the usual gather resources, raise happiness, win a few battles, raise population,etc. that we get over and over and over and over.
    • Some commented to be just implemented at new eras, without altering Side Quests at released eras.
    • I think mind challenges can be solved by players of all eras.
  • The Side Quest difficulty level IS NOT to necessarily be tied to city resources expending, but to force the Player to use his/her mind to solve a logical, mathematical problem, puzzle or riddleto achieve the goal.
    • This has been done before in Aztecs Settlement, Halloween Event 2015 (and few others), and in the nature related event that had the Eagle, Bear and Moose Mountains this year.
    • So what I'm proposing (challenges to the mind, not challenges to the city resources) is something that the developers have done before, the mentioned events have been available and solved by low era players, so mind challenges/strategic/logic/puzzles are not impossible for them.
Are you able to understand me now? Need further explanations? On what specific part? or the whole idea?
Understood from the beginning. Side quests are already challenging. Why to increase more challenge on it. Where do you get the report saying side quests are easy or boring. Myself saying it is already complex and challenging. Increasing more challenge will affect the new players if they wish to get benefit from side quests. Is it difficult to understand my point.

Why to increase more challenge on it?
  • Because most of them (there are few exceptions) are just boring, just same as the usual quests already seen through all the game: at Main Story line quests, Events, Daily Challenges, Recurring Quests, etc.
Where do you get the report saying side quests are easy or boring?
  • From my own experience, having playing FOE since the first ever Summer Event, on the year the game was released on live.
  • For several years my graveyard at my EN4 Dinegu city marked how many Halloween Events my city have seen getting my 3x3 Graveyard and upgrading it yearly at the end of each annual Halloween Event until reaching the 7x3 Necropolis (now stored at inventory). they have not released more upgrades for the Graveyard and replaced it by other main event buildings on Halloween.
  • My first and most advanced city is at EN4 Dinegu and is at the end of the Research Tree. Have been waiting for the new SAJ era for months doing RQs. Therefore, I have seen ALL Side quests of all released eras.
  • Also, the information for the "report" can be obtained form the Official wiki or from the fan made Wiki.
Side quests are already challenging.
  • True, but what kind of challenge?
  • Most of them are: Gather X coins, Spend Y Supplies, Spend Z FPs at Research Tree or GBs, Complete X Battles, Build Y of these, or Y+1 of the previous era. What is the current challenge/difficulty of the actual Side Quests?
    • They require to spend more FPs, coins, or supplies than the Regular quests, the player just need to gather more, maybe not able to collect enough and will need to wait more time to collect again and that is it.
    • The challenge is TIME that is all. The challenge is to have patience since completing the quest will take you more time to finish vs Regular or other quests.
    • No much thinking need to plan how to do them.
Need Examples? (will add them later).

Increasing more challenge will affect the new players if they wish to get benefit from side quests.
  • The challenge to be added is NOT to increase the number of Coins, Supplies, Goods, FPS, Tavern Silver to gather or spend.
  • The challenge to be added is NOT to increase the number of Battles Victories, or Negotiations to complete.
  • The challenge to be added is NOT to increase the number of Buildings to built of this era or the previous.
  • The challenge to be added is NOT to affect the new players.
What then is the increasing challenge Im asking for just one SIDE Quest per Era?
  • Challenge to the mind, not to the city resources.
  • Challenge the player to solve a logic, puzzle, strategy problem, or mini game clone.
Examples of challenging quests that even new players can solve after a few strategy thinking
  • Example 1: Quest instructions: Here is another riddle: You need to get the monkey in the middle. If you find it let it go, but here is what you need to know: Manage your army and if you want to thrive, boot one from the middle of the five.
    • Challenge: THINK, Solve the riddle, then you will know what to do to finish the quest.
    • Solution: "Manage your Army" = Go to the Army Management screen, "boot one" select an unit and delete it.
    • Now tell me, deleting one army unit, example a Spearfighter heavily wounded, will affect the new players? YES? or NO?
  • Example 2: Quest instruction: Hear me, trader, this is your mission: To your empire make an addition. But - careful now! - there is a condition: Always stay peaceful during acquisition!
    • Challenge: THINK, Solve the riddle, then you will know what to do to finish the quest.
    • Solution: " Mission: To your empire make an addition", To expand the empire more sectors are needed, Called as "trader" and "condition: Always stay peaceful during acquisition" stay peaceful = no battle, traders use goods to negotiate. Acquire a sector by negotiation
    • Now tell me, negotiate a sector will affect the new players? YES? or NO?
  • Example 3: Quest instructions: Play this "minesweeper" clone game and unlock X treasure chests before your lives run out.
    • Solution: Use strategy and solve the mathematical/logic puzzle "minesweeper clone" like the one at the Aztecs settlement. Choose carefully which next square to hit based on the numbers of the surrounding squares. If fail, then try again.
    • Not city resources needed to finish the quest.
    • Now tell me how will this affect the new players?
A lot of riddles or logical questions like the above can be used. Minimal or no costs to the low era players to finish these Challenging Side Quests. The challenge is at the riddle or mini game or logical problem, not a expense or waste of city resources.

Last edited:
Current BORING Side Quests examples:
  • BA: The Merchant : https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/The_Merchant
    • Just complete one production cycle at a Pottery.
    • Challenging? Really? Nah, just BORING, just to wait for the flagon be finished.
  • IA: Meat for the Masses
    • Just complete 4 times a production cycle at the Butcher producing Steaks.
    • Challenge? TIME. Just wait for Steaks be ready and collect. Four times more BORING than the previous one.
  • EMA: Build Frame Houses
    • Requirement is to build 4 Frame Houses, if the city is at EMA it is expected to gradually upgrade your Iron Age houses to EMA houses.
    • What is the challenge here? How much costs 4 Frame Houses? Highly difficult is to find 4 Iron Age Houses to upgrade or space for 4 2x2 houses?
    • Also, the requirement is to BUILD, not to HAVE 4 Frame Houses. The quest can be solved by building 1 Frame House, deleting it, build next, house and repeat until 4 houses are built. Not even need to wait for houses to complete construction.
    • So the challenge is not TIME, but just spend resources to build 4 houses. Not difficult, not complex, just build, delete, build, delete, build, delete, and build. Isnt BORING to repeat a command 4 times, alternating with another command 3 times? and maybe repeat again the delete command because you dont like or need Frame Houses?
  • EMA: Annoy Fernikus: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Annoy_Fernikus
    • Task: Delete 3 Buildings. If the Player is smart just build 3 no cost BA Trail roads, delete them and quest solved. Road counts as buildings, you knew that?
    • What is the Challenge here? NONE. Toooooooooooooo easy, no challenge at all. Not even a waiting time challenge, roads build and deletes in seconds. BORING.
  • EMA: Research Bridges https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Research_Bridges
    • Requirement: Research the technology "Bridges"
    • Challenge? Change the priority of your FPs from raising your GBs to hit the Research Tree again, unlock "Bridges" and that is it.
    • Challenge? Expend resources like FPs, Coins Goods, and/or others this time at Research Tree. The same type of requirement seen at Main History Line Regular Quests, or Daily Challenges, or at events... same as usual, BORING.
Do more examples are needed to prove that SIDE Quests are BORING? Not real mind or strategy challenge?

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
You call it boring, myself saying like it make them understand like what would be the strategy to excel from the quest to apply on the city. When did you know roads are considers as building. By entering the game itself or by playing through many quests. By first time playing the game itself you know means, you are genius. Sorry am not. Myself got to know it one by one. It will make the players also get to know the game mechanics more. From your example, all are quite interesting side quests. Not find anything boring. Can explain in detail why not boring, but again you will argue against simply. Idea is invalid, doesn't matter however you mention boring, not mind work.

Also @SlytherinAttack , you might guessed what my answer to be but given below.
Abort: yes

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Side quests are already challenging.
You know you actually can press an ? On any quest to ask what you have to do. Nearly all SQ are “build Y production in X building of you’re age N times” and “build N of this buildings” and “raise population by N population” and “increase happiness” sure those are super hard and extreme challenges. Especially those “collect N coins” those are almost impossible tasks.
Increasing more challenge will affect the new players if they wish to get benefit from side quests.
Once again completely ignoring the proposed SQ. Beginners’ capability to understand and solve puzzles and in later ages riddles are out of reach for them? I wished those where around during the riddle Halloween event, an entire event with quests of pure riddles.

Is it difficult to understand my point.
Is it so hard to read the proposed SQ and so hard to understand that those SQ don’t affect new players’ resources any more than any regular SQ and it only has to do with general capability to solve 1 single riddle or 1 single puzzle? It also doesn’t affect beginners’ gameplay any more then it does to anyone encountering the existing 2 puzzle SQ. So, how can a suggestion for adding more of something in the game be invalid?o_O It’s still up to the staff to decide what is valid and what is not.

Understood from the beginning. Side quests are already challenging. Why to increase more challenge on it.
Well a few posts ago it was suggested to making such SQ appear later but you had massive problems with that. Cause only those advanced enough would benefit from it “immediately”. Then the proposal was for all ages and now that’s the problem?o_O
Anyways when I started playing I didn’t find the SQ challenging at all. No more challenging then going through any tutorial. If in the end of BA an SQ would be with an puzzle request or riddle I wouldn’t be any more puzzled then when I would get to solve something like that at primary school.
You call it boring, myself saying like it make them understand like what would be the strategy to excel from the quest to apply on the city. When did you know roads are considers as building. By entering the game itself or by playing through many quests. By first time playing the game itself you know means, you are genius. Sorry am not. Myself got to know it one by one. It will make the players also get to know the game mechanics more. From your example, all are quite interesting side quests. Not find anything boring. Can explain in detail why not boring, but again you will argue against simply. Idea is invalid, doesn't matter however you mention boring, not mind work.

Also @SlytherinAttack , you might guessed what my answer to be but given below.
Abort: yes
So, first you statement against it was:
> Will benefit the “mean” biggies only (then it was made clear it would be available to everyone and having a decked out city wouldn’t give any advantage)
> Will be impossible for beginners due to resources (ten it’s explained that resources ain’t affected)
> You’re against it because it’s not a simple do this or that task after claiming those tasks are extremely hard challenges

It conviently changes every time and when arguments are given clearing up you’re misconception the narrative changes. Anyways what are the stakes if it’ll be implemented anyways? A few coins/supplies, maybe a few goods or up most 5fp you may missing out on? That surely gonna effect the gameplay so much that without it you might never pass IA.
Guess what? I’ve skipped many SQ when I was a beginner because I didn’t want to change my city for a few coins or supplies. With the first Halloween with riddles I didn’t find it in particular harder to complete then any SQ. The challenge was in the riddle itself and my capability to understand and solving the riddle. This was with an event with for that time higher stakes. With SQ there are barely any stakes unless for whatever reason you’re determent to complete all SQ you get ofc but for the vast majority and beginners not much changes. Especially if the first easy riddle SQ spawns in LMA/Col where you even unlock more and far more complex settlements.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
skipped many SQ when I was a beginner because I didn’t want to change my city for a few coins or supplies
You agree and disagree. Bringing more challenges, going to do skip anyways. What is your counter argument on this. Devs will do hard work delivering this, but players can do a simple abort. It's like saying to Dev's "not interested". If we are not aborting and spend some time to complete it, then everything goes well. That's what currently also happening. You guys taking deleting and building again and again as a easy task. Yeah, for some people it is just a piece of cake(including me). But for few others it's a nightmare. I actually praise the developer who plot the side quests currently in the game with decent logic. Have to say it like, it is not easy or boring. By having good levels of Alcatraz, Arc, store buildings and expansions in hand, it will be easy for them. They can tap their shoulders for not feeling the challenge/complexity. Not supporting this idea anytime. Even some more discussion piles up, not going to change my mind and vote on this. Reason to vote against is very clear from my side.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Devs will do hard work delivering this, but players can do a simple abort.
It's not like recycling 1 of the Halloween 2015 riddles or changing them slightly and making them
into SQ is gonna take like months to develop. Unlike GvG which is hardly played anymore, or
settlements from which many ain't replayed very often but great supplementary side game, or
like the colonies which are getting little action from Space Age players... this is just a very very
easy and quick suggestion to add for spicing up SQ a bit. With a few SQ in which no building
present gives any particular large advantage for their owner.
You guys taking deleting and building again and again as a easy task. Yeah, for some people it is just a piece of cake(including me).
Anyone who wants to advance in the game will upgrade from time to time to a freshly unlocked
house, production building and in the past cultural buildings and in general roads. So, I don't know
how lithely playing the game is an impossible task to complete o_O but I think slowly that I
should be extremely concerned for the future. If just playing the game and advancing it it are already
considered to be ''hard'' and ''challenging.'' As if playing this game is so hard and challenging, this
game is probably not the cup of tea for those. Since the game must be one long frustrating
experience to just getting further in the game.

And also once again just conveniently ignoring the example tasks:

Produce this production N times in Y production building - *cough* it's sooo hard to open the
production menu of an production building already present in the city
Gain N population - Cheese this is such an hard task, we need to do this all the time in the game anyways,
BUT for the sake of being against SQ it's such an massive task to accomplish
Obtain N goods of you're age - Cheese, this is even more impossible task then those other tasks we
do while playing the game anyways because goods are needed for technologies and thus gathering them
is something you do anyways
Collect N coins / supplies - Cheese talking about the impossible hard task! Collecting resources lithely any
city in existence of the game, yeah defiantly gonna press abort on this one :rolleyes:
By having good levels of Alcatraz, Arc, store buildings and expansions in hand, it will be easy for them.
How often must you've been told that with the proposed SQ an Alcatraz or Arc does absolutely nothing
to help to solve the riddle. Please tell me how an high lvl Alca, Arc, CF, Military GB or any other GB can
help me solving the following riddles:

Roll up your sleeves and start with it! Producing 15 times 15 is what I see fit

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, go and search for a foe. Take his land, 'cause I say so, eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Hear me, trader, this is your mission: To your empire make an addition. But - careful now! - there is a condition: Always stay peaceful during acquisition!

Spoilers, their pretty high lvl GBs don't do anything to solve any of this. So, where is their ''unfair''
advantage now? I've just asked my Arc on my live city. It still remains quiet... is my Arc broken, is
it sick? Pls @SlytherinAttack help me cure my GB to solve this type of riddles, I can't live in a world
where my GBs can't brute force completing quests.:'( It's not fair to have quests with equal difficulty
regardless of what is present in my city :/ cause you're arguments don't work on this type of proposed
SQ from the OP.:/

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
It's not like recycling 1 of the Halloween 2015 riddles or changing them slightly and making them
into SQ is gonna take like months to develop. Unlike GvG which is hardly played anymore, or
settlements from which many ain't replayed very often but great supplementary side game, or
like the colonies which are getting little action from Space Age players... this is just a very very
easy and quick suggestion to add for spicing up SQ a bit. With a few SQ in which no building
present gives any particular large advantage for their owner.

Anyone who wants to advance in the game will upgrade from time to time to a freshly unlocked
house, production building and in the past cultural buildings and in general roads. So, I don't know
how lithely playing the game is an impossible task to complete o_O but I think slowly that I
should be extremely concerned for the future. If just playing the game and advancing it it are already
considered to be ''hard'' and ''challenging.'' As if playing this game is so hard and challenging, this
game is probably not the cup of tea for those. Since the game must be one long frustrating
experience to just getting further in the game.

And also once again just conveniently ignoring the example tasks:

Produce this production N times in Y production building - *cough* it's sooo hard to open the
production menu of an production building already present in the city
Gain N population - Cheese this is such an hard task, we need to do this all the time in the game anyways,
BUT for the sake of being against SQ it's such an massive task to accomplish
Obtain N goods of you're age - Cheese, this is even more impossible task then those other tasks we
do while playing the game anyways because goods are needed for technologies and thus gathering them
is something you do anyways
Collect N coins / supplies - Cheese talking about the impossible hard task! Collecting resources lithely any
city in existence of the game, yeah defiantly gonna press abort on this one :rolleyes:

How often must you've been told that with the proposed SQ an Alcatraz or Arc does absolutely nothing
to help to solve the riddle. Please tell me how an high lvl Alca, Arc, CF, Military GB or any other GB can
help me solving the following riddles:

Roll up your sleeves and start with it! Producing 15 times 15 is what I see fit

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, go and search for a foe. Take his land, 'cause I say so, eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Hear me, trader, this is your mission: To your empire make an addition. But - careful now! - there is a condition: Always stay peaceful during acquisition!

Spoilers, their pretty high lvl GBs don't do anything to solve any of this. So, where is their ''unfair''
advantage now? I've just asked my Arc on my live city. It still remains quiet... is my Arc broken, is
it sick? Pls @SlytherinAttack help me cure my GB to solve this type of riddles, I can't live in a world
where my GBs can't brute force completing quests.:'( It's not fair to have quests with equal difficulty
regardless of what is present in my city :/ cause you're arguments don't work on this type of proposed
SQ from the OP.:/
Kids play of solving puzzles are referred as challenging nowadays.

Finish 15mins prod 15 times,
Own a province and
Negotiate a sector in province.

What about my challenging quest requested earlier. I take it for granted like, you will abort for sure. My decision is still the same. Not support this proposed idea.

When did you know roads are considers as building. By entering the game itself or by playing through many quests. By first time playing the game itself you know means, you are genius.
When? Sorry, I don't remember the exact date, it was long time ago, maybe in 2013? or 2014?.

After the first time I had a quest asking me to build or delete X buildings of my current date and I built or deleted a Road piece and the game counted that as a +1 towards complete the quest requirement. Not remember if it was my first time with a quest like that or not. I learn many things by own experience and trial and error, I also like to read. Maybe I learn that by pressing the ? at the quest instructions, the tip that Roads count as buildings is probably there, or by reading the wiki:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Buildings
The wiki says " Buildings are the key to success in Forge of Empires. To build buildings to simply have to open the construction menu at the bottom left corner of your game screen. Buildings are sorted into different categories and you can choose them via different tab "

One of the six (6) Buildings Categories is named "Roads".
===
Me a genius?
===
Can explain in detail why not boring, but again you will argue against simply. Idea is invalid, doesn't matter however you mention boring, not mind work.
I have explained that several times.
  • Boring means not interesting; tedious.
  • Tedius means: too long, slow, or dull; tiresome or monotonous.
Most of tasks are repetitie, monotonous, takes too long, slow to finish then: Boring, Tedious.
Some of the tasks maybe interesting to some players given the players goals, and status of the city, for others some Side Quests are not. for example: building Frame Houses.
  • If the Player usually play in intervals of 8 hours (a game session in the morning) then going to work or school and return to the game during the night for a second session, a house that gives coins every hour is not interesting, it will sit there as a risk of plundering for a long time until the Player returns, and even if not plundered it will give a tiny coins amount when collected. For that Player a house with longer production cycle is better.
  • If the Player has already upgraded his/her houses before this quest arrives, and has extra population building 4 Frame Houses is jus a waste of resources and the houses will be likely be demolished at the end. Not interested, reward to be received don't compensate the wasted resources.
  • For a Player with thousands or millions of extra population a side quest to build houses of any type the quest is a automatic abort.
  • Quests may be useful for other players but not for all.
I dont think I need to continue. I respect you opinion, your point is noted and your vote is counted. If you got something new to discuss I'm happy to attend the matter.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Sorry, I don't remember the exact date, it was long time ago, maybe in 2013? or 2014?. It was the first time I had a quest asking me to build or delete X buildings of my current date and I build or delete a Road piece and the quest counted that as a +1 to complete the quest requirement.
you got bored or surprised

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Kids play of solving puzzles are referred as challenging nowadays.

Finish 15mins prod 15 times,
Own a province and
Negotiate a sector in province.
Precisely the point and yet ya claimed it's an impossible challenge. Also, did you're Arc, CF, military GBs or any other
GB help you out with figuring this one out? If no then that has already disproven the argument that the ''mean''
biggies with their large cities have an unfair advantage and it being impossible hard for a beginner.
Those where public knowledge on the internet anyways but it's proving the concept proposed by the OP.
What about my challenging quest requested earlier. I take it for granted like, you will abort for sure.
You're challenging quest are DC (Daily Challenge) matter, not what is proposed. So, yeah the problem
isn't in this proposal. It is in what you define as ''challenge'' and not in what is proposed. That way you
can turn any proposal in something ridiculous, even while it isn't proposed.
And both of you got you're ''concerns'' regarding beginners and unfair advantages from high lvl GB and
high efficiency cities disproven.:p

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Precisely the point and yet ya claimed it's an impossible challenge. Also, did you're Arc, CF, military GBs or any other
GB help you out with figuring this one out? If no then that has already disproven the argument that the ''mean''
biggies with their large cities have an unfair advantage and it being impossible hard for a beginner.
Those where public knowledge on the internet anyways but it's proving the concept proposed by the OP.

You're challenging quest are DC (Daily Challenge) matter, not what is proposed. So, yeah the problem
isn't in this proposal. It is in what you define as ''challenge'' and not in what is proposed. That way you
can turn any proposal in something ridiculous, even while it isn't proposed.

And both of you got you're ''concerns'' regarding beginners and unfair advantages from high lvl GB and
high efficiency cities disproven.:p
Oh my badluck, still you didn't understand what myself saying. Solving the puzzles and after that what you do with new side quest which got introduced. Please explain that also. You will get to know what we are trying to say. Are you saying, bringing the side quest with riddles are the proposed idea as saying "increase more challenge on the side quest". Please clarify.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
OP mentioned this,
Raise the challenge to the Player and require more mind / strategy effort that simply wait to city collection to complete the spend or pay X of this resource or complete N battles without losing.

Introducing puzzle, challenge is brought to the side quest. Lol. It makes you happy by disproving means, no objection. Carry on. None of my comments got mixed. If you read along the comments, you both put mixture of diffrent context everytime making the point. Anyways, completely disagree with this idea.

Maybe the first time the quest was interesting, later after having seen the same quest instructions as a regular quest, or at every event during the year, as part of a Daily challenge, etc etc etc, seeing the same quiest at the next era is not interesting.

Surprised that a road be counted a a building? A bit, not much.

Last edited:
OP mentioned this,
Raise the challenge to the Player and require more mind / strategy effort that simply wait to city collection to complete the spend or pay X of this resource or complete N battles without losing.

Introducing puzzle, challenge is brought to the side quest. Lol. It makes you happy by disproving means, no objection. Carry on. None of my comments got mixed. If you read along the comments, you both put mixture of diffrent context everytime making the point. Anyways, completely disagree with this idea.
Sorry for typo error, thanks for clarifying it. It should be "than" not "that"

Raise the challenge to the Player and require more mind / strategy effort than simply wait to city collection to complete the spend or pay X of this resource or complete N battles without losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.