• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Cardena

Squire
The questlines over the last 6 months have developed into something that only SOME small minority of players enjoy and are willing to do ....
... but in the 'real world' a lot of players just decide to skip it. Just like me.
Newer players just can't participate! Period.
We are being sifted out just like Mek2 says. I find that this is a deliberate and fairly obvious trend here and not a figment of my imagination.

I am playing this game now for 3 years. I do not think that the questline and events got any more complicated during that time. There are more now, yes, but not more difficult to do. During this time there was 1 (one) event I was unable to finish. That was my first event and I started playing almost at the same time as the event. Yes, it may be good to know the quests in advance, but there is no problem on the live servers to get the quests in advance.

BTW I am playing on Beta also for 3 years now, I am in modern era, but I did not have to skip a questline because research or province. One just has to keep something open for those cases. Well, if there are no alternatives to research now, I will have to advance to postmodern era, well, I was probably long enough in modern era ...

DeletedUser8489

Why are you so focused on doing all the quests in a few days? You have 8 days for Historical Questlines, and at least 14 days for events depending which event we´re talking about.
On my main we are usually 3-5 of 42 which finishes questlines in "a few days".. a bit more than 1 in 1000, I would think. But also pretty pointless, as you can use all days during an event / questline and not only " a few days".
this was brought up by another poster. claims we are just a bunch of whiners because 'anybody can' do it in a few days. I suggest you read back a bit. not my choices or comments. ;)

(PS: the 1 in 1000 comment was, of course, rhetorical but goes to elucidate my point)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8489

I do not think that the questline and events got any more complicated during that time.
I think you need to go back and compare ... let's see ... the Summer Event questlines from last year with this year. Or any in the last year. Then come back and say that again. I don't think you will be able to.

I stand by my comments. 100% I've checked them. I don't just blurt stuff out ... ;):)

Cardena

Squire
I think you need to go back and compare ... let's see ... the Summer Event questlines from last year with this year. Or any in the last year. Then come back and say that again. I don't think you will be able to.

I stand by my comments. 100% I checked them.

Well, I did check now. I stand by my comments. 100%. The last summer event was not more difficult than the one from last year.

DeletedUser

sure this halloween is more complicated than ever before

but in the past you won:
1 graveyard OR one upgrade
one other building (two last year: Jack O'Lantern Chapel but that is not really something countable)

this year
1 graveyard AND two upgrades
3 other buildings: new Blacktower and 2 from previous halloweens: Scarecrow & Haunted House (and as 4th Jack O'Lantern Chapel)

3 times the reward: so it should be 3 times the work :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8490

Hi, to represent the bronze age campers:
Quest 13 and 30 is impossible. (like quest 10 in fall Event 2017 and quest 12 in Mahātmā Gandhi).
The rest would have been possible - I of course already have one graveyard and was looking forward at least for the haunted house.

Never the less: Thanks for the Jack O' and the nice quest Interface.

Kind Regards

Cardena

Squire
Hi, to represent the bronze age campers:
Quest 13 and 30 is impossible. (like quest 10 in fall Event 2017 and quest 12 in Mahātmā Gandhi).
The rest would have been possible - I of course already have one graveyard and was looking forward at least for the haunted house.

Never the less: Thanks for the Jack O' and the nice quest Interface.

Kind Regards

Why does anyone want to camp in bronze age?
And that for more than 1 year?

In any other case of bronze age players there is no problem with those quests.

DeletedUser

bronze age campers ?
you can't do GE, don't donate to other GB (later you can do FP for goods deals), only bronze age goods

so why in the hell should someone want to stay in the bronze age ?

DeletedUser8489

Well, I'm done with the silly debating. I let my post stand as is. That's my feedback: I'm not going to change it. Those that criticize it need to reread it. Some folk will argue about anything, it doesn't matter what ... they are bored.

DeletedUser8471

bronze age campers ?
you can't do GE, don't donate to other GB (later you can do FP for goods deals), only bronze age goods

Because they choose to? It baffles me as well for BA don't get me wrong, but all players should have the opportunity to complete questlines that Inno throws at us, regardless of their choice of gameplay.

I´ll postulate that all players can finish any questline if they so desire, there´s no such thing as having run out of techs to research or sectors / provinces to conquer. And besides being a strategy game, it´s also a game of steady progress.

I´m not familiar with the Final Fantasy franchise, but I fail to see the relevance. Here we have about 5 events per year, which lasts 2 weeks or longer. Most players know this and know approx. when they are released. Most players even gets a heads-up through the Beta-server here. It´s absolute possible to set yourself up to advance the mentioned 5 times every year. If not, I have no problem, if they fail to finish the questlines.

To be honest I´m so sick and tired of everyday reading 90% negative comments on any new release, and how it´s impossible and worthless. It seems that most of the players complaining, wants IG to adapt the game to their particular playing style, instead of themselves trying to adapt their strategy / gameplay to what seems to be the overall direction in which IG wants this game to go. And in this particular case, it seems clear to me, that IG thinks that steady progress is a part of the game, and should so implement this in their overall strategy.

You are wrong. What happens when you reach the very end of OF, have unlocked all techs and have completed every province including bonus sections. What are they supposed to do? Can you explain to me how they are going to be able to finish a Questline with no alternates to "Research a technology" or "Conquer a Province" or "Take X sectors with/without attacking"?? Hmmm?? I'll wait for your explanation because at that point it does in fact become impossible for the player to complete the quest.

You have to think about other players and their decisions on gameplay. How they view the game is different than how you or others will play as well. But I truly believe each and every quest the Devs decide to throw at us should be able to be completed, regardless of play style or level of progress in their world.

It is silly to think that everyone should not be granted an equal opportunity to complete every quest the Devs will offer. It should be up to each individual player if they choose to go after a quest reward or not, but they should be given the opportunity to do so, without hindering any progress they are trying to make in their own city with their own playstyle.

And I do understand that things can be overlooked, but isn't that why we are here as players on Beta? To test in ways that the limited group of Alpha testers may not consider?

DeletedUser7059

bronze age campers ?

I know one player from cz server playing that style, it is a most hardcore mode that can be in FoE played. Its not a stupidity, its a challange. ;)
oOBs.png

DeletedUser8490

Greetings,

Why do I play only low-tier in other games. Why do I try to 'maximise' a character on Level 20 when level cap is at 100? You summarized challenges in this game I 'love' to face.
I was expecting even more feedback from other play-stylers like:
- no use of Expansion (only start-up area), because 'finish a X-minute-production X times' is hard for them.
- no use of happiness (use space of cultural buildings and decoration for more residential and production buildings instead), because 'Make people enthusiastic' is impossible.

But this discussion 'Feedback Halloween 2017' is not the right place for this topic - I just want to give a feedback from my point of view.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• BA Town.jpg
    BA Town.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 9

Lionhead

Baronet
In regards to a previous post (this thread is highly active now so it's getting harder to keep up), someone stated that players will never run out of Techs or Provinces to complete these quests. You are wrong. What happens when you reach the very end of OF, have unlocked all techs and have completed every province including bonus sections. What are they supposed to do? Can you explain to me how they are going to be able to finish a Questline with no alternates to "Research a technology" or "Conquer a Province" or "Take X sectors with/without attacking"?? Hmmm?? I'll wait for your explanation because at that point it does in fact become impossible for the player to complete the quest.

I have been at the end of OF (or the era in which I was at the time about 1½ year back) here, on my main and on 2 other worlds I play more or less regularly. Whenever a player who is at the end of the final era available gets these quests in a questline, they are automatically solved.

Cardena

Squire
You are wrong. What happens when you reach the very end of OF, have unlocked all techs and have completed every province including bonus sections. What are they supposed to do? Can you explain to me how they are going to be able to finish a Questline with no alternates to "Research a technology" or "Conquer a Province" or "Take X sectors with/without attacking"?? Hmmm?? I'll wait for your explanation because at that point it does in fact become impossible for the player to complete the quest....

As Lionhead says, than the quest is automatically fulfilled. I had that also happened in my main city. That is the main reason why players from the end era are able to solve such questlines so fast.

You have to think about other players and their decisions on gameplay. How they view the game is different than how you or others will play as well. But I truly believe each and every quest the Devs decide to throw at us should be able to be completed, regardless of play style or level of progress in their world.

It is silly to think that everyone should not be granted an equal opportunity to complete every quest the Devs will offer. It should be up to each individual player if they choose to go after a quest reward or not, but they should be given the opportunity to do so, without hindering any progress they are trying to make in their own city with their own playstyle.

And I do understand that things can be overlooked, but isn't that why we are here as players on Beta? To test in ways that the limited group of Alpha testers may not consider?

Why do you think that should be the case?

Each game has rules, and in a strategic game not all rules are written down so that players can read them, but they still form part of the game. And this game is "Advance through the ages" and as long as you do so and do not decide to camp in Bronze era for more than 1 year, and anything similar, or advance too far on the map for your age, you should be able to solve all questlines (playing almost every day of course).

Your request means, that there should be no disadvantage for certain playstyle. And I do not think that this would be a good idea. This is not the play "Take part and nothing else matters".

DeletedUser8471

I was unaware these quests would solved automatically if those conditions had been met, and will apologize for my previous statement on the matter.

However, I still think it is wrong to force players to advance when they are not ready, or unwilling to do so for whatever reason they have decided upon.

Yes I understand planning should be made ahead of time about whether or not a province should be taken too fast, or if one should unlock every tech available to them at that age. That is a part of the strategy of camping in one age. Even so, with the number of events we receive it can make it difficult to still remain in their decided Age with that playstyle, while still being able to complete the quests that are presented to each of us.

None of the quests are truly impossible to complete, I will agree to that, but as I have stated it makes things difficult to finish such quests when not given an alternate to complete and continue their style of play.

Not everyone will play the same way, but each feature added should have parameters to complete in a way that allows them to continue their own style. Take GE for example, the Devs made sure it was something that could be completed for both styles, Farmer or Fighter, without being forced to do the opposite. Yes it is not a requirement to continue playing, but they gave us the option to play the way we want to to complete such feature.

The same should be allowed for every feature that is introduced, regardless of what it is. Wouldn't you feel the same if you were the Fighter, but Inno only gave the option to Negotiate through GE? Or being a Farmer and only having the option to fight your way through? Wouldn't you feel like you were left out of something? You might consider not playing anymore. Then Inno loses a potential customer, and that player won't recommend to others to play as well, or try to have other players quit as well in protest.

Do you understand what I am trying to say here?

{And yes I am aware of GvG and how it is battle oriented, but it does also require goods and medals if I am not mistaken (I don't personally know since I am a Mobile app player and do not wish to use the Browser version [and that's a whole other discussion]). The feature makes it important to have both Fighters and Farmers to achieve victory.}

DeletedUser7951

Or being a Farmer and only having the option to fight your way through?
Then me thinks I am probably playing the wrong game.
Yes some options are good, but too much are not good.
If a player for some reason or the other choose to stay say bronze age for a year, then in my opinion has chosen to forgo the option of finish every event. One can not have the cake and eat it too. If I choose to not have any supply buildings in my city at all, then I have chosen to not do events as well. My decisions have consequences of what I can and cannot do. That is part of making a strategy.

Besides participating in an event isn't crucial for the game. From feedback threads one should think they only offers rubbish rewards anyway :D

Cardena

Squire

Not everyone will play the same way, but each feature added should have parameters to complete in a way that allows them to continue their own style. Take GE for example, the Devs made sure it was something that could be completed for both styles, Farmer or Fighter, without being forced to do the opposite. Yes it is not a requirement to continue playing, but they gave us the option to play the way we want to to complete such feature.

The same should be allowed for every feature that is introduced, regardless of what it is. Wouldn't you feel the same if you were the Fighter, but Inno only gave the option to Negotiate through GE? Or being a Farmer and only having the option to fight your way through? Wouldn't you feel like you were left out of something? You might consider not playing anymore. Then Inno loses a potential customer, and that player won't recommend to others to play as well, or try to have other players quit as well in protest.

Do you understand what I am trying to say here?

I understand you, but that does not mean I that I cagree with it.
You can stay very long in one era, and still be able to fulfill the historical questlines and events. You just cannot stay there for ever and you cannot rush through all the tech (because it comes in handy to have all available) and than decide to stay in that era and still be able to fulfill all historical questlines and events.

And by the way, for a very long time, in every historical questline and event there was a quest that demanded to buy sectors on the map. But there were players, who did not like that because they did want to fight for all sectors (at that time buying a sector did not give any points). But I never had heard as many complaints about that from the fighters than now from those that does want to camp for ever in one specific era. Why is it so hard to accept consequences of the decisions one did make?

DeletedUser8471

Then me thinks I am probably playing the wrong game.
Yes some options are good, but too much are not good.
If a player for some reason or the other choose to stay say bronze age for a year, then in my opinion has chosen to forgo the option of finish every event. One can not have the cake and eat it too. If I choose to not have any supply buildings in my city at all, then I have chosen to not do events as well. My decisions have consequences of what I can and cannot do. That is part of making a strategy.

Besides participating in an event isn't crucial for the game. From feedback threads one should think they only offers rubbish rewards anyway :D

What was appealing to me about this game was the city building aspect, and that it had Guilds I could join and be a part of a team. Not many games available on the AppStore (if any at all) provide these options. The fighting aspect may well have been what had drawn others to the game as well.

You choose to base your strategy around not having supply buildings, and that works for you and you seem fine with not being able to complete events (though I'm sure you wouldn't mind making available enough space to throw down some Blacksmiths to complete the event if you chose to do so). I'm choosing to not advance in age to create a stockpile of resources and level my GBs to make my advancent through the ages easier on myself, but that doesn't mean I am choosing to it complete the events.

Why do you make it sound painful to ask for both options?

I understand you, but that does not mean I that I cagree with it.
You can stay very long in one era, and still be able to fulfill the historical questlines and events. You just cannot stay there for ever and you cannot rush through all the tech (because it comes in handy to have all available) and than decide to stay in that era and still be able to fulfill all historical questlines and events.

And by the way, for a very long time, in every historical questline and event there was a quest that demanded to buy sectors on the map. But there were players, who did not like that because they did want to fight for all sectors (at that time buying a sector did not give any points). But I never had heard as many complaints about that from the fighters than now from those that does want to camp for ever in one specific era. Why is it so hard to accept consequences of the decisions one did make?

If I choose to not complete a Questline I want that to be my choice, regardless of how I am choosing to strategize and play. As it stands now some players like me could be unable to complete a quest they choose to do, without compromising their choice in style of gameplay and strategy.

Even when taking the necassary steps to ensure I have extra Techs/Provinces saved just for quests that ask them of me, I will still reach a point when all available techs are gone and I am forced to advance in age or stop the quest. Yes it would be my choice then to complete and advance, or skip the event and stay where I am, but why does it have to be so? We have seen it is possible in these last few events to give players the options to complete quests like these. This allows them to remain playing the style they choose to play.

You are asking that we forfeit our style of gameplay to complete an event, in which we have seen is possible to complete without doing so. Can you understand our frustration with this, and why we are giving such feedback?