• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

So new players will have to wait two more years to get Necropolis?

DeletedUser8471

I feel like there is a bug with the "Graveyard Upgrade" item, or st least in the window pop up anyway. It show in progression:
Graveyard
Old Graveyard
Ancient Graveyard
Legendary Graveyard
Graveyard <-----***
Old Graveyard <-----***

*** shouldn't these be listed as "Monumental Graveyard" and "Necropolis" ??

And I cannot confirm if the upgrade will actually work as intended either since this is my first Halloween, so I have no Graveyard.

Typo maybe?

Edit: forgot to mention this was on Mobile, not sure if it shows the same on browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

I think this is an very interesting and cool new way for linear quest lines. Great job whoever thought it up, multiple rewards for different checkpoints instead of all or nothing should be very good for people.

I do have some questions/comments:
With only 14 days to do 45 quests I wonder how many newer players are going to be able to complete this? In an established city with loads of FP and goods stocked it's probably doable, but for any new player starting out who doesn't have these things can it be done? I dont know what the quests are yet and if any of them require time delays- scouting building etc. Or loads of FP to unlock a tech but even without those things I just don't know if there's enough time allowed.

Dark Tower seems very cool. The negation of happiness for something worth while (unlike the haunted house) is interesting. But I think this negation for happy should come at a smaller size than it's 4x5. It only gives 1 person for population. For an advanced player who has their happy GBs high enough the negation wont mean much to them, but for a new player that negation means another cultural building on top of this buildings already large 4x5. The benefits are good enough that on live I am definitely going to work hard to get it in time and put this down, on beta having to add a cultural building to cover it along with the size of it I don't know if I will be able to fit that all in but will try.

I actually think it's good that this quest line rewards those who have played for a longer period of time. I think that's how it should be. If you've been a fan of this game for years collecting the buildings and keeping them around I think it's right the game rewards them for this.

Overall I think this format and Dark Tower are quite interesting, looking forward to both of them making their way over to live.

DeletedUser8471

Also, for some reason I have an option to purchase apples with diamonds in the beta server, during the Halloween event, where apples are not used....

Andi47

Overlord
Black Tower makes people unhappy. Something different.

Not everyone wants to have a copy of Barad Dûr or Minas Morgul in their town.

BTW: Do I understand correctly, that we get the rewards shown at the bar when we solve the respective number of quests (e.g. 45 quests for the Black Tower)? The announcement doesn't say anything about this.

DeletedUser8055

Can anyone post a list of the quests please? I bet someone's marched way ahead already!

DeletedUser7059

It is little unfair to old players who had to wait 2 yers to get 2 upgrades....:mad:
But, i like haunted house... :D and new black tower too... so relatively god event. :D

Achaeus

Marquis
So in the progress bar along the bottom, when it says 11/13, for example, does that mean you are on Quest 11 or have completed 11 Quests?

DeletedUser8489

Here's my initial feedback:
  1. At 45 quests this is just way too involved. That is 3 two-part quests/day for the 15 day run. It leaves me thinking " Maybe I will or maybe I won't. That's a lot of time investment." These questlines just keep getting more and more top-heavy. :(
  2. After viewing the first 26 quests on the Wikia page: the quests, in general, seem more doable. Less demanding of players to 'age advance' or "fight" and the "donate goods" options are more realistic. :) (unlike the current Fall Fiasco which requires 3650 goods to circumvent the age/fight options; which I did not participate in at all).
That is all for now. Maybe more later ...
(just my personal feedback, not looking for a running debate with other Forum members. LOL :eek:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1418

Only 2 upgrades for the graveyard? That's not enough....

DeletedUser8277

I just noticed in my inventory I have a Jack o'lantern Chapel. I wasn't on beta for last years Halloween so I know it must have come from this one but I have no idea how I got it.

Is it part of the questline that at the beginning they reward you with the Chapel and I just didn't notice? If so that's pretty great.