• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8489

• Nice presentation of the quest line
  • Nice to have upgrades for the graveyard.
  • Haunted house? Booooo! Does anyone ever keep that?
  • 2 weeks for 45 quests... You want us to play FoE 24/24 7/7 apparently. Think this will scare newer users off the game
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Not me! But I'm sure that somebody out there wants a building that takes 'happiness' away! LOL
  • With the built-in timers (ie: spend x forge points) this LENGTHY questline will definitely scare off newer players that don't have a stash of FPs in Inventory and also don't desire to be glued to the game for 15 hours a day minimum. (3 quests/day)

Silveralius

Squire
  • 2 weeks for 45 quests... You want us to play FoE 24/24 7/7 apparently. Think this will scare newer users off the game

Yes
Yes
I like it and I will build it. It looks awesomely.
Someone finished all quest in two days. And you can't complete all in 14 days? Why? Quests are easy.

DeletedUser7059

• Yes
  • Nice to have 1 upgrade, 2 is litle mutch.
  • I love haunted house! Yes, it is useless, but i just love idea behind this building.
  • If you spend some time for prepare, you can finish questline in few days.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Noooooo! Research a Tech and Scout a Province quests with no alternative!! Huge step backwards by the Inno staff! Do we really have to reiterate all the feedback from earlier this year about either removing theses quest requirements or offering alternatives?
Please, please, please offer alternatives before the event goes live otherwise I'm already getting feedback from live server players that they will stop halfway through the event irrelevant of how nice the Black Tower building is!

Silveralius

Squire
Some math about Black Tower.
Black Tower = 4*5 = 20 (3 fp, 5 goods, some medals)
Shrine of Knowledge = 2*2 = 4 (1 fp)
Oasis = 3*4 = 12 (5 goods)
Shrine of Awe = 2*2 = 4 (some medals)

So the math can by: 4*3 + 12 + 4 = 28 (Awe produce less medals than Tower)

On one motivate we get more than from 5 buildings that need 5 motivation.
That is awesome. And yes there is that lowering happiness.

DeletedUser8429

love the black tower:cool::cool::cool: would look better with bats flying around it;) , like the way it sits in my city:D, it a good change to the normal buildings.. can anybody tell me what the rewards are after LMA as that's what era i'm in:)

DeletedUser8429

bit of a bummer with no alternative on some tasks, like do a tech, scout/take province take sectors and i'm having to keep changing city layout/delete buildings with limited space to complete tasks:(:(:(:(

Lionhead

Baronet
Noooooo! Research a Tech and Scout a Province quests with no alternative!! Huge step backwards by the Inno staff! Do we really have to reiterate all the feedback from earlier this year about either removing theses quest requirements or offering alternatives?
Please, please, please offer alternatives before the event goes live otherwise I'm already getting feedback from live server players that they will stop halfway through the event irrelevant of how nice the Black Tower building is!

Well, it can´t be ALL feedback from earlier this year, as I have been supporting the No Alternative Policy in the actual events, and only offering alternatives in the shorter Historical Questlines. I also had a few likes on a post stating this, so I´m pretty sure I don´t stand alone with that point of wiev.

DeletedUser8471

Well, it can´t be ALL feedback from earlier this year, as I have been supporting the No Alternative Policy in the actual events, and only offering alternatives in the shorter Historical Questlines. I also had a few likes on a post stating this, so I´m pretty sure I don´t stand alone with that point of wiev.

I feel like all players should have a chance to finish each Event Quest-line if they choose to, and some players that have reached a point where they have no research to unlock, or have run out of sectors and provinces, should have an equal chance at getting the Event Quest rewards if they deem them worthy.

And for those that wish to "camp" at certain points in the game should also not be penalized for doing so. It is unfair that they could be forced to move forward if they do not wish to yet. This is a Strategy game after all, and part of Strategy is planning ahead, allowing yourself time to stock up on resources, expansions, and level/obtain Great Buildings at a pace the player themselves choose. Forcing a player who is not ready to advance takes away this element of the strategy aspect of the game.

I'll use the Final Fantasy franchise as an example. Before I want to head to a boss battle or a difficult dungeon, I would always ensure I have the proper gear for my characters, as well as enough items stocked up to allow me to make my way through each part, ensuring I would have to backtrack as little as possible. I would also power level my characters to allow for a sure victory for boss battles, and make sure every available tech/magic was available to me to make the battle that much easier on me.

Camping in 1 Age/Era for extra time is similar in this aspect. It will allow me to gain enough coins, supplies and goods to unlock all tech tree options I wish to when advancing. It allows me the opportunity to stock up on goods I may need for Cmap negotiations, GE negotiations, building later Age/Era GBs, and extra stock to trade with other players that may need them and have a different playstyle than I do. It also affords me the opportunity to stock on medals and Diamonds allowing me to purchase additional expansions, allowing me to make better use of limited space in future Ages/Eras.

Sure this may take extra time, but it is a strategy used to ensure complete "victory". Now this may not be everyone's strategy, but it is one that is used heavily amongst the strategy game playing community.

You may not feel the same as I, or others like me, and want to rush through to finish as fast as possible. Others however, do want to have this opportunity available to them. Removing alternates for quests that push players into areas of the game they are yet ready for is rude to a large portion of the player base. You may not want to use the options given, but they should be made available for those that want this.

DeletedUser7059

Is Black Tower (Minas Morgul) on the list of primary motivated buildings? It definetly should be. :)

Lionhead

Baronet
I feel like all players should have a chance to finish each Event Quest-line if they choose to, and some players that have reached a point where they have no research to unlock, or have run out of sectors and provinces, should have an equal chance at getting the Event Quest rewards if they deem them worthy.

And for those that wish to "camp" at certain points in the game should also not be penalized for doing so. It is unfair that they could be forced to move forward if they do not wish to yet. This is a Strategy game after all, and part of Strategy is planning ahead, allowing yourself time to stock up on resources, expansions, and level/obtain Great Buildings at a pace the player themselves choose. Forcing a player who is not ready to advance takes away this element of the strategy aspect of the game.

I'll use the Final Fantasy franchise as an example. Before I want to head to a boss battle or a difficult dungeon, I would always ensure I have the proper gear for my characters, as well as enough items stocked up to allow me to make my way through each part, ensuring I would have to backtrack as little as possible. I would also power level my characters to allow for a sure victory for boss battles, and make sure every available tech/magic was available to me to make the battle that much easier on me.

Camping in 1 Age/Era for extra time is similar in this aspect. It will allow me to gain enough coins, supplies and goods to unlock all tech tree options I wish to when advancing. It allows me the opportunity to stock up on goods I may need for Cmap negotiations, GE negotiations, building later Age/Era GBs, and extra stock to trade with other players that may need them and have a different playstyle than I do. It also affords me the opportunity to stock on medals and Diamonds allowing me to purchase additional expansions, allowing me to make better use of limited space in future Ages/Eras.

Sure this may take extra time, but it is a strategy used to ensure complete "victory". Now this may not be everyone's strategy, but it is one that is used heavily amongst the strategy game playing community.

You may not feel the same as I, or others like me, and want to rush through to finish as fast as possible. Others however, do want to have this opportunity available to them. Removing alternates for quests that push players into areas of the game they are yet ready for is rude to a large portion of the player base. You may not want to use the options given, but they should be made available for those that want this.

I´ll postulate that all players can finish any questline if they so desire, there´s no such thing as having run out of techs to research or sectors / provinces to conquer. And besides being a strategy game, it´s also a game of steady progress.

I´m not familiar with the Final Fantasy franchise, but I fail to see the relevance. Here we have about 5 events per year, which lasts 2 weeks or longer. Most players know this and know approx. when they are released. Most players even gets a heads-up through the Beta-server here. It´s absolute possible to set yourself up to advance the mentioned 5 times every year. If not, I have no problem, if they fail to finish the questlines.

To be honest I´m so sick and tired of everyday reading 90% negative comments on any new release, and how it´s impossible and worthless. It seems that most of the players complaining, wants IG to adapt the game to their particular playing style, instead of themselves trying to adapt their strategy / gameplay to what seems to be the overall direction in which IG wants this game to go. And in this particular case, it seems clear to me, that IG thinks that steady progress is a part of the game, and should so implement this in their overall strategy.

DeletedUser8489

I have to agree with most of your post in this respect. I do think we have different definitions of "camping" though. I stay in an age until I feel I have enough resources to move on. I don't consider that to be "camping". I've always understood that "Camping" is staying in an age for the express purpose of terrorizing the neighborhood. You know: the guy in IA with 4,000,000 points, 24 GBs, and the army of Rogues ... and has no plans to go anywhere ... ever.

And for the others that are so vocal on how they love the 'new and improved' Questlines:

I have been playing in 'live' for around 7 months now. I've read and/or tried all the tricks. I know that one can do all the quests in a few days if they are in the higher ages and have immense stashes of goods and oodles of FPs in Inventory and don't mind fighting and don't mind moving up an age every time a new event comes out or buying their way around it.

That's maybe 1 in 1000 players who can or even wants to. Yes, we know you are out there ... we hear you. All the time.
BUT, not everybody chooses to or can decide to play just like you ...

I don't do the Events or Hysterical Questlines any more. Why?
  1. I don't attack players ... at all.
  2. I will move up in the game when I decide to ... not when forced to.
  3. I don't have a never-ending stash of FPs in Inventory to buy off the timers.
  4. I don't have a never-ending stash of Goods in Inventory to buy my way around #1 and #2. (3650 for the Fall Fiasco)
  5. The cost/reward ratio is utterly ridiculous.
The questlines over the last 6 months have developed into something that only SOME small minority of players enjoy and are willing to do ....
... but in the 'real world' a lot of players just decide to skip it. Just like me.
Newer players just can't participate! Period.
We are being sifted out just like Mek2 says. I find that this is a deliberate and fairly obvious trend here and not a figment of my imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
I have been playing in 'live' for around 7 months now. I've read and/or tried all the tricks. I know that one can do all the quests in a few days if they are in the higher ages and have immense stashes of goods and oodles of FPs in Inventory and don't mind fighting and don't mind moving up an age every time a new event comes out or buying their way around it.

Why are you so focused on doing all the quests in a few days? You have 8 days for Historical Questlines, and at least 14 days for events depending which event we´re talking about.

That's maybe 1 in a 1000 players who can or even wants to. Yes, we know you are out there ... we hear you.
BUT, not everybody chooses or can decide to play just like you ...

On my main we are usually 3-5 of 42 which finishes questlines in "a few days".. a bit more than 1 in 1000, I would think. But also pretty pointless, as you can use all days during an event / questline and not only " a few days".

Cardena

Squire

Exactly, it is a Strategy game. But that does not mean that no matter what kind of strategy you choose to play, that all kinds should give you the same result. If you decide, because you think it is worth, do stay in one era. Fine. That is your decision. You can do that. No one is doing anything to stop you doing so. But why do you think you should, beside the advantages your choice gives you, you should also gain anything else available? Every decision has pro and con. You are demanding to be able to make decisions that have no con. That is not strategy. That is easy child playing.

Last edited: