• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Have you bought buckets and buckets of popcorn? I already. I think someone still doesn't understand that it's not a challenge to have to remodel an entire city, it's not a challenge, it's just wasted time and a very, very boring thing to do.
Sure it's a challenge. Maybe not a welcome/worthwhile challenge for many, but a challenge nonetheless.

To remodel an entire city will require a great deal of new buildings, a new reason to care about events and optimize your performance in them towards the (potentially) desired remodel.

Main problem is that for a lot of people, especially space age cities, the distance between where they're at and where they get to start to see any kind of positive results is going to be simply too large and thus will pass on it for the foreseeable future. And just negotiate (or skip it entirely).

Beta King

Viceroy
I am shocked to see this on live markets after almost no testing in beta and especially after so many negative feedback. I am at a loss for words, this will be a big fail and just proves how feedback we give is absolutely meaningless and futile. Big dissapontment
I wouldn't say that, with a little strategy and a lot of complaining we managed to shut down the GBG 0% nerf which toward the end i was kinda starting to warm up to the idea but ohh well. With the right amount of persuasion change can happen here.

Dessire

Regent
I love see how there are people complaining about the 5th level because now they need redesign their cities when Innogames never told them how they must build their cities. Good I have chosen the path of produce tons of goods and FPs instead of focus only in attack XD

Dessire

Regent
Time to talk serious.
The problem is that Inno has been in a wrong direction long time, and has created a comunity of players that reacts as a spoiled children. They want everything easy. Just 2 troops and 6 spies, and everything done; asking for buffs in a useless GB to help... They want everything easy; just click, no think.
Juber tolds it: this is a challenge for players. But all these players that have fulled their cities with winner's plazza or thing that only gives attack, attack and more attack, now are crying, because its imposible for them, and their not going to change the prizes of BG for the prizes of the GE5.
Inno pushed players to create full attack cities with the BG feature. Fp, goods, and other stuff, just for doing battles. So, the more battle you do, the more prizes you get. And the way to do more battles are increasing attack. Why do i need buildings that gives me pf or goods, if i can take it in the BG? You make people forget all the resources and focus in one, attack. Now you create a new feature that attack is useless... thats the trouble!
Wrong! Inno never pushed players to create full attack cities with the BG feature. there are some players like me who since the begining have decedided to focus in produce goods and FPs and gues who will not have problems with level 5! oh and I remember you that there are some players that almost all their cities are filled up with defensive buildings like ritual flames. . Inno never pushed you or to any player focus in attack. The problem are player who can't understand what is efficiency and guess what, have a city with 90% or more of it's space with attacking buildings is not equal to efficiency!

shad2389

Viceroy
Wrong! Inno never pushed players to create full attack cities with the BG feature. there are some players like me who since the begining have decedided to focus in produce goods and FPs and gues who will not have problems with level 5! oh and I remember you that there are some players that almost all their cities are filled up with defensive buildings like ritual flames. . Inno never pushed you or to any player focus in attack. The problem are player who can't understand what is efficiency and guess what, have a city with 90% or more of it's space with attacking buildings is not equal to efficiency!
what's wrong here is that the GE lvl 5 def % is higher then any def i ever ancountered in citys of my hoods wich most of the time i can beat eaven the #1 city of my hoods eaven if my ranking is around 10th of the hood most of the time , now i know i can't convince those who think this is a good change but i think the lvl 5 is rediculous cause eaven with my highest ranked city i won't beat the lvl 5 with almost no loss like i did against the def of players in my hoods eaven against #1 players of my hoods i lost less then in 1st few of that lvl 5and on my live world my def is about same as on beta so it can be compared

I'm afraid maybe high Age players (let's say from SAM on and higher) rather wish to neglet GE5 or delete city ...and "maybe" starting a "New game" ...
Others that go for GE L5 will mostly using up a lot of Goods by negotiate almost whole of GE5 ...
Since new players wish to get as soon as possible a few GB's build, they need also Goods and asking this to higher Age players :
1) almost nobody have "spare" Goods for sale for GB's for those "beginners" OR
2) they say "Goods are rare", you need to pay a lot of fp's for it!!
That's why I, being in SAM, can't even think about start playing GE5 : negotiating cost more than what I get back, so in some way worthless ... That's WHY I like to do the battles, even if I loose each battle almost all my units (or rogues), I don't care, Alcatraz can give me tons of units (if needed!). I care about Goods, I want always to have "spare" Goods so I can help fellow guildmates to get GB's constructed, etc ...
I'm not against negotiating, I just prefer to do the battles, but that's currently a real pain. I do not want it ALL EASY in this game, o no, not in a hundred years !
Being impossible is something else ... !
I hoped Inno Games DID something with all given suggestions and what I was hoping to see happen (just an idea which can, of course, be adjusted!!) :
1) GE5 get "scaled up" with the players's defender army boost ... so it STAY as a challenge, forever !
2) The Forgotten Temple: each time a player's Forgotten Temple become INactive after 28 days : it can be put INTO another fresh builded Forgotten Temple, which makes that second one even a bit "better" ! (makes Forgotten Temple L2, for example!) ... that way player's do not need to sell the inactive ones or using a "Store Building item" (which become more rare now) to sell in Antique D. ...

Norde

Merchant
Well, I couldn't check it in Dunarsund because my city was weak and new.... I was waiting for the update.
I'm (We're..) quite disappointed.
- Defending not possible. (something the guild could do together would have been better)
- Negotiation is the only way, but only if I activate the extra expedition turn in tavern. It's ok. Expensive, but maybe it's ok.
- Fortifications: defending fortifications are out of the picture. negotiation fortifications, why would I build it when cheaper to negotiation without it?
(Costs: 30 goods / reducing 1 / 3turn> max15 less goods, 4 turn> max20 less goods)
(Costs: 50 goods / reducing 2 / 3turn> max30 less goods, 4 turn> max40 less goods) etc.
Maybe this one worth it: Tlacotzontli Statue.
- Lower levels new rewards / selection kits, no comment.
- Greater Ritual Flame, Divine Sky Watch: in an aspect it's kinda funny.
We have: Sacred Sky Watch > Sacred Sky Watch Upgrade Kit (Lv1-2), but no! Divine Sky Watch is a new building (fragments).
Make use the lesser versions of the building, create a new upgrade kit, not new building... not a big deal, it's just like you can skip the first two levels and jump straight to the third.

At the moment I don't see anything that would motivate us to spend tons of goods on Lv5. (Btw Feathered Serpent Statue is nice)

Can someone explain how the "reduce goods cost by X" makes any sense? By my math the cost in goods to build it was more than the goods it saved.
It only makes sense for INNO. It takes 25 failed option selections to just break even. All of the first round is a given (20 goods saved). Beyond that, it's a matter of luck. The building could pay off if the negos go bad but then diamonds would be needed to complete the negotiation. When it comes to fighting, negotiating, construction, I say "none of the above".