• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

looking at all this, what I have left to say is that for a short term that can make significant changes without having to create something to implement is to see what we already have available and that gives attack and defense to the defense army and huff, that includes:
- Catedral de São Basilio and Deal Castle - instead of level 11 onwards, the increase per level decreases from 3% to 1%, making the increase per level continue to be 3%, that is, at level 100 we would have 300 of each of these % attack and defense for the defending army.

-Terracotta Army - after level 10 the increase of 2% for each level will continue, that is, at level 100 we would have 200% of advanced tactics.
(adding all these three gbs we would already have an increase of 800% in attack and defense for the defense army) and amortize a portion of those 2,569% necessary to complete level 5 without having to create subsequent events and other gbs for just attack and defense for the defense army and introduce us to this new idea of wanting to make the defense of the city as important as the attack.

- Have the ancient face and sunstone give at least 7% attack and the other 7% defense to the defending army.

- That the next gb gives advanced tactics as well as in terracotta as an active bonus and with the same percentage (2% per level from nv 1 to 100) and that it increases x% the amount of attack and defense of the city buildings including the event buildings as a passive boost

- Military buildings also offer 5% of advanced tactics from the Progressive Age and progressively increasing as the ages progress. (ex: 5% PA to 50% SAT).

I own my city since 2016 and from 2016 to 2020 the focus of the game was fps. and the attack came as a secondary, when the GBG arrived in the middle of 2019-2020 it was that I started to change the buildings that until then was only pfs and attack for the attacking army, because until that time there were no buildings that gave defense to the attacking army, they started to put defense for the attacking army massively in buildings in 2019. From 2020 to 2023 I managed to go from 300% atq and 100% defense for the attacking army to 1,953% attack for the attacking army attack and 1612% defense for the attacking army and I'm currently on SAV. So even in those 3 to 4 years that I changed my game tactics to match GBG I don't have 2000% attack and defense for the attacking army. Even if they changed GE5 to attack and defense to the attacking army, many players still wouldn't be able to complete. So I think it's absurd to want to put something without thinking about a logical difficulty because what they put was an unattainable level for the next 4 to 5 years. And look there because even if you have 2600% of attack and defense for the defense army it doesn't mean that you will win the battles for the little that is offered that not even diamonds have.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Finished GE5 for the 3rd time. The difficulty reduction does make the end curve less crazy. I forgot to check the last encounter until after I had a set of negotiation goods in and I wasn't about to give them up to look:

Era: Arctic Future

Encounter​
Before​
After​
65​
255​
255​
66​
269​
269​
67​
283​
283​
68​
298​
298​
69​
313​
313​
70​
329​
329​
71​
345​
345​
72​
361​
361​
73​
413​
395​
74​
527​
468​
75​
656​
547​
76​
801​
633​
77​
1021​
801​
78​
1277​
992​
79​
1574​
1210​
80​
1920​
???​

I fought all but the last 2 this week, but that has as much to do with using wildlife event to catch up my defense as it does with the difficulty adjustment - first week my base stats were 201/101. Now they're 476/245. (I'll emphasize the degree to which I'm "making it work" is not a choice I would make on any of my live worlds).

I'm still using an ultimately unsustainable amount of defender potions to catch up that half - and the alternative is a whole lot of ritual flames (which i don't have on beta, but do have on live) and that would add a ton of extra space. 476/1205 was my boosted stats I used without fortifications.

I used fortifications on encounter 76-78 this week (atk/def + infiltrate, atk, atk).

I also remain pessimistic that eras beyond AF will be as forgiving - i feel AF is a particularly good era for this.

Sinitar

Regent
Finished GE5 for the 3rd time. The difficulty reduction does make the end curve less crazy. I forgot to check the last encounter until after I had a set of negotiation goods in and I wasn't about to give them up to look:

Era: Arctic Future

Encounter​
Before​
After​
65​
255​
255​
66​
269​
269​
67​
283​
283​
68​
298​
298​
69​
313​
313​
70​
329​
329​
71​
345​
345​
72​
361​
361​
73​
413​
395​
74​
527​
468​
75​
656​
547​
76​
801​
633​
77​
1021​
801​
78​
1277​
992​
79​
1574​
1210​
80​
1920​
???​

I fought all but the last 2 this week, but that has as much to do with using wildlife event to catch up my defense as it does with the difficulty adjustment - first week my base stats were 201/101. Now they're 476/245. (I'll emphasize the degree to which I'm "making it work" is not a choice I would make on any of my live worlds).

I'm still using an ultimately unsustainable amount of defender potions to catch up that half - and the alternative is a whole lot of ritual flames (which i don't have on beta, but do have on live) and that would add a ton of extra space. 476/1205 was my boosted stats I used without fortifications.

I used fortifications on encounter 76-78 this week (atk/def + infiltrate, atk, atk).

I also remain pessimistic that eras beyond AF will be as forgiving - i feel AF is a particularly good era for this.
Interesting
This week I wanted to fight. I'm also in AF
For now with 203/315 I was able to fight half 5th level but I missed to write which units I used but in general, dragon drones,battle fortress and plasma artillery

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Interesting
This week I wanted to fight. I'm also in AF
For now with 203/315 I was able to fight half 5th level but I missed to write which units I used but in general, dragon drones,battle fortress and plasma artillery
I use mostly dragons or plasmas. 6 plasmas 2 behemoths is a setup i go to for fights where i want to use plasmas but the enemy has 1-2 dragons per wave. I picked behemoths over fortresses because they have higher attack and because with high defense from chugged defender potions force field is better than reactive armor.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You could cut off the first 8 encounters as it was written in the announcement that only the last 8 encounter was changed (...if I remember right).
That was written yes. But I just copied and pasted the table from my spreadsheet where I also had the first 8. Didn't really think formatting was a big deal.

Sinitar

Regent
I use mostly dragons or plasmas. 6 plasmas 2 behemoths is a setup i go to for fights where i want to use plasmas but the enemy has 1-2 dragons per wave. I picked behemoths over fortresses because they have higher attack and because with high defense from chugged defender potions force field is better than reactive armor.
Ok but you have twice the attack than me...

I did not open GE L5 this week (and previous week also not) ... I'm in SAM and from SAM on the skill "Keen Eye" is a real pain !! I need a lot more of Attack boost for defending army, which is hard to get by, even via other buildings than GB's ! Defense is not really that difficult to get (eventually with drinking a lot of potions, althought that way they get one day all gone!!) ...

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok but you have twice the attack than me...
I used the same army comps the first week when I didn't have twice the attack of you (and made it through 11/16). It seemed even more important then to use the higher attack units (plasmas and behemoths) to take advantage of what little attack I did have when the defense side could be stacked by pots.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The GE tests have been convincing since they arrive this week on the live server!
I conclude that not only level 5 was not boycotted (much less the GE as a whole) but also that the community is "very happy" since no other adjustment is planned before the surge of anger on the community forums.

Una Queen

Squire
also why were the guild expedition lvl 1 - 4 fragmented rewards on big encounters gone back to the same numbers needed from the first week?

MoridSecler

Farmer
How many pages of negative feedback do Inno need to recognise they have failed to come up with the goods yet again? Seems a few positive comments in the sea of criticism is sufficient to persuade them to unleash this abomination on to live servers. Why even bother soliciting feedback if you're not going to listen?

The whole concept of tacking defense bonuses onto a well established feature that is built on attack is simply wrong - regardless of how you want to tweak the bonus given to the defending armies. It is not a "novel twist", it is simply incredibly poor game design and a lame knee jerk attempt to fix a problem of their own creation. A novel twist would be for GE5 to have been a natural progression from the previous levels, using attack bonus, but with some interesting new mechanisms to limit them, e.g. instead of fixed bonus for AI per age make them more dynamic based on attack bonuses of the player.

For defensive bonus to be meaningful there needs to be a compelling game feature that requires it - it should be possible to make progress immediately with only low values, with difficulty increasing gradually so people can build their defence over time. It isn't rocket science, but sadly seems to be beyond the collective imagination of those responsible.

It seems every new feature is designed in isolation without any consideration of how it relates to other parts of the game and affects overall game play. Is it too much to hope for a cohesive development plan?

Last edited:
I've read a lot in this thread and the majority is (totally) not happy with how GE L5 will comes to live servers !
I've read a lot on this thread and also a lot have given feedback, suggestions, ideas, ... not just 1 idea of a player who cares about this game and taking the TIME to write down suggestions we have seen that the developer's team DID something with it ! And if so, please inlighten me about them.

I'm even wondering why Juber spend a lot of time reading messages to filter them and send the "suggestions" to the developer's team ! Did Juber this all for nothing? It currently feels to me it's the case!

This all makes me sad, very sad .... And my confidence in Inno Games is melting like snow in the sun !! I don't think I will even spend real money on something wherein I lost confidence !

shad2389

Viceroy
Come on Inno, what is it with the rush? Quality over qunatity seems to be non existent for you.
The announcement on the german forum is a copy of the first anouncement of GE V on BETA. FoY in the Level 4 Kit...

You do know that there's gonna be a whole bunch of ****storms brewing for your CMs, right?
this might be INNO wanting to AB test it , well i hope

hades8840

Squire
Where is it listed it's going live tomorrow? even though I dont mind lvl 5 was hoping some tweaks would get done to lvls 1-4 thought would be a few months of back and fourth tweaking