• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

-Alin-

Emperor
Where is it listed it's going live tomorrow? even though I dont mind lvl 5 was hoping some tweaks would get done to lvls 1-4 thought would be a few months of back and fourth tweaking.
It is going live tomorrow, all forums posted that, but only the german forum put the date 04.04.2023, others just copy pasted the announcement from beta and translated it. :))

I re-read the announcement Inno sended for live servers : ...I needed to make one BIG groan ....
Here on beta I've already "tried hard" to get my attack boost for DA higher, but still can't get to the 4th bigger encounter AND win it, so how am I ever supposed to get any frangment for the Forgotten Temple or the Feathered Serpent Statue ? Not in the first 6 months I'm afraid !
I agree that it may being a long marathon ... and a real challenge too ... hmm... GE L5 like it is now is like asking players to start a marathon by presenting a high vertical wall to crawl on and try to survive ! Know that GE L5 do feel for me like such wall !!
Why not give EACH of the 16 encounters at least a few fragments and not only after the 4 bigger encounters ? That would be more rewarding to play just what you "currently CAN play" (me, even after a bigger city change, just only still the first 3 encounters!!) .. That way you can at least win some fragments of those 2 new buildings !

And more : that Feathered Serpent Statue give attack & defense for attacking army? What? If this new building is created for GE L5, why do it not give boost for defending army?!?
I'm willing to offer a big amount of my boost for attacking army to get more boost for my defending army ... all my "Store Building" items are almost gone re-arranging my city and I've only just make a "start" with it ! On top of that, Inno find it funny to give now just fragments of Store Building item? Hm... Inno games is rather punishing players who wish to try each and every new feature ... so sad ! The more because Inno Games is proud to present this new feature and at the SAME time they're asking players to do a 180° switch of their attack & defence boost ... No, stronger, not really a 180° switch, but forcing players who like to play GE L5, to get on top of the boost for attacking army, also a boost for defending army, all in 1 existing city! To re-arrange such city is even a longer marathon than GE L5! LOL

One thing I also not understand : Relics in the fog of my ToR : in the PAST, when I knew I couldn't play till end of L3 or L4, I did not started a next level TILL my boost was high enough to almost finish a GE level ...so I never lost "Relics" of my GB, ToR ! Now, with this "marathon level", which will take me a very long time till I can even think about it ...if I wish to do the same as in the past (by first boosting my defending army) ...I don't like that, so I wish to start playing GE L5, even if I only can do 1 or 2 encounters... but then all Relics from ToR I get in the fog will be all lost?

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Man, reading this feedback is funny. Forum posters really don't know how to take changes in stride and adapt to them. Anything that shakes up their gameplay or that they can't complete immediately is cause to quit the game apparently, even though all the other stuff they've been interacting with up to that point still remains. Talk about being petulant!

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
I am shocked to see this on live markets after almost no testing in beta and especially after so many negative feedback. I am at a loss for words, this will be a big fail and just proves how feedback we give is absolutely meaningless and futile. Big dissapontment
Nothing shocking, everything is normal ;)

Goldra

Marquis
Time to talk serious.
The problem is that Inno has been in a wrong direction long time, and has created a comunity of players that reacts as a spoiled children. They want everything easy. Just 2 troops and 6 spies, and everything done; asking for buffs in a useless GB to help... They want everything easy; just click, no think.
Juber tolds it: this is a challenge for players. But all these players that have fulled their cities with winner's plazza or thing that only gives attack, attack and more attack, now are crying, because its imposible for them, and their not going to change the prizes of BG for the prizes of the GE5.
Inno pushed players to create full attack cities with the BG feature. Fp, goods, and other stuff, just for doing battles. So, the more battle you do, the more prizes you get. And the way to do more battles are increasing attack. Why do i need buildings that gives me pf or goods, if i can take it in the BG? You make people forget all the resources and focus in one, attack. Now you create a new feature that attack is useless... thats the trouble!

Quoras

Merchant
Time to talk serious.
The problem is that Inno has been in a wrong direction long time, and has created a comunity of players that reacts as a spoiled children. They want everything easy. Just 2 troops and 6 spies, and everything done; asking for buffs in a useless GB to help... They want everything easy; just click, no think.
Juber tolds it: this is a challenge for players. But all these players that have fulled their cities with winner's plazza or thing that only gives attack, attack and more attack, now are crying, because its imposible for them, and their not going to change the prizes of BG for the prizes of the GE5.
Inno pushed players to create full attack cities with the BG feature. Fp, goods, and other stuff, just for doing battles. So, the more battle you do, the more prizes you get. And the way to do more battles are increasing attack. Why do i need buildings that gives me pf or goods, if i can take it in the BG? You make people forget all the resources and focus in one, attack. Now you create a new feature that attack is useless... thats the trouble!

Sorry but you are just wrong. Nobody wants everything easy, but they want a doable, reasonable balance. 69 Pages an still going tells you a lot. And its also not about being to hard or too costly, but also about the huge nerfs of 1-4 and the mediocrore rewards that take an forever and ongoing grind because the main objective, the temple is only temporary.
You talk about Cities full of Attack as if Inno offered a huge load of Buildings that have blue stats. They didnt. There are like 4!!! Eventbuildings that have Both Blue Stats, and only like 3 further that even have Attack as an Option. The big majority are tiny defensive bonuses scattered around big set buildings. So please dont create the Myth that people even could have the stats to do this.

thelegend88

Squire
Time to talk serious.
The biggest problem are people who are looking at this solely feom their own perspective. I can beat this level without a fuss but I am not as self centered as some people that comment in here. You have absolute lack of any understanding about full implications of this neither will you ever have it from your limited perspective.

zookeepers

Marquis
About this (using boost for defenders in GE5), I regard that Inno has no conceptual perspectives in mid-long term, and that is the biggest problem. It's not about the difficulty.

They could have introduced a new upgrade to the Globe Fountain (L2) or Tactician's Tower (L3) or new defensive version of SoA and released it in the ongoing event. That way, we could think, hey GE5 is incredibly difficult, but let's sit down and collect buildings from events. Eventually maybe we'll do fine. But reality is that both Globe Fountain and Tactician's Tower is not available, not included in the epic selection kit either.

Inno seems to be saying collect items through GE5 (greater ritual flame and the chain building) but they should know it'll take tens of years to do so.

thelegend88

Squire
About this (using boost for defenders in GE5), I regard that Inno has no conceptual perspectives in mid-long term, and that is the biggest problem. It's not about the difficulty.

They could have introduced a new upgrade to the Globe Fountain (L2) or Tactician's Tower (L3) or new defensive version of SoA and released it in the ongoing event. That way, we could think, hey GE5 is incredibly difficult, but let's sit down and collect buildings from events. Eventually maybe we'll do fine. But reality is that both Globe Fountain and Tactician's Tower is not available, not included in the epic selection kit either.

Inno seems to be saying collect items through GE5 (greater ritual flame and the chain building) but they should know it'll take tens of years to do so.
But even if you do have those items readily available where to put that many of them? A few or even a dozen won't help and who has got extra space that is empty?

qaccy

Emperor
Sorry but you are just wrong. Nobody wants everything easy, but they want a doable, reasonable balance. 69 Pages an still going tells you a lot. And its also not about being to hard or too costly, but also about the huge nerfs of 1-4 and the mediocrore rewards that take an forever and ongoing grind because the main objective, the temple is only temporary.
You talk about Cities full of Attack as if Inno offered a huge load of Buildings that have blue stats. They didnt. There are like 4!!! Eventbuildings that have Both Blue Stats, and only like 3 further that even have Attack as an Option. The big majority are tiny defensive bonuses scattered around big set buildings. So please dont create the Myth that people even could have the stats to do this.
I believe GE5 was added with the expectation that a new player would be building up their military bonuses relatively equally as they go, assuming they want to fight through GE. A jarring experience for established players who got thrown into it overnight, but someone just starting out is going to experience a more natural growth curve as they develop their city and collect various bonuses, rather than only focusing on one.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Phantom Tower of Conjunction
Key Master's Workshop
Panda Reserve/Shrine
Bamboo Path
Bear Mountain instead of Eagle available in both anniversary and wildlife

They have provided a decent number of things to collect in these two events if you want to. I have in beta. But do you really want to for just GE5 is the question (on live I'm not planning to).

I actually wondered if the rush to live was to trigger better sales for anniversary event that's so expensive. Buy 20 phantom towers now at 50k diamonds each! (1M diamonds) and you can GE5!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I believe GE5 was added with the expectation that a new player would be building up their military bonuses relatively equally as they go, assuming they want to fight through GE. A jarring experience for established players who got thrown into it overnight, but someone just starting out is going to experience a more natural growth curve as they develop their city and collect various bonuses, rather than only focusing on one.
I'm still most concerned about the experience in the highest ages where you have a jaw-dropping obstacle to hit just the first encounter in space ages. But it is what it is - maybe after some time on live where "noone" is fighting and everyone is negotiating in those ages they'll revisit where they set the boosts.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You need not 20, but 100. And buy an extra place to put them all
Well 20 would be a start to do something :p I'll concede probably not enough to do 80 in SAJM ;)

You don't *need* 100 for sure though, in any age - you can manage to win with slightly lower stats, you can augment with fortifications. And it's better than your existing attack buildings so a place to put it is easy, remove your worst buildings :p

Owl II

Emperor
Well 20 would be a start to do something :p I'll concede probably not enough to do 80 in SAJM ;)

You don't *need* 100 for sure though, in any age - you can manage to win with slightly lower stats, you can augment with fortifications. And it's better than your existing attack buildings so a place to put it is easy, remove your worst buildings :p
You needed at least 100 towers to make the encounter 80, before they lowered the bonus. This was equivalent to the attrition of 105-106 in GBG. Now it is equal to 95 attrition. It won't take much less
And it's better than your existing attack buildings so a place to put it is easy, remove your worst buildings :p
Thanks, I'll wait for them to suggest something more effective. Their appetites won't get any smaller tomorrow. So they will have to somehow attract in the next events those who bought 20 PT on the anniversary.;)

Last edited: