• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
So... I might be an idiot, but what is even the point of having your selection kits broken down by GE level if you aren't even going to make them available only during that level!!!! At that point, just make a Guild Expedition Common Kit, GE Uncommon Kit, GE Rare Kit or something like that.

I wonder how long it is before we get something that needs 1000 fragments to assemble :p

And WOW, who would have possibly thought that they would be removing diamonds.

Kronan

Viceroy
FLIP your perspective for a moment to understand why this happened and why these last 2 weeks of GE changes seems like such a blindside (meaning the changes offered are very unexpected).

We can't see their corporate numbers, but is anyone here gonna bet their revenue is NOT FLAT to DOWN over the last 2 years (post Covid)?

Each of us typically says: Well INNO, if you add game content I enjoy, I'll pay you something for it and a better experience here. That's a fair trade, right?

But that's not happening....

First of all game content isn't better nor exciting much these days - many thought (hoped) a new GE would be the Messiah event. How'd that work out, huh? :(
  • GbG is stuck in a player/player tug of war where to go with the design, and we can't decide how to advise Inno (not that they'll listen).
  • It's quiet on TITAN too, but we all know that's going to be a CLONE of the past 20 eras... they're not breaking the game mold with something radically new. Maybe you'll have to PAY for things in Titan - that would be new.
  • GE was our big hope of something exciting, fresh and possibly something we could invest in and enjoy. Seems the bubble popped.
  • What does a veteran player need that costs money in this game now, except accelerated and more robust event reward? Most likely: nothing.
We are NOT collectively SPENDING or spending enough it seems - and it's clear. For Fun - you can even review MTG's financial impact and corporate reports.

Maybe it shapes up like this (NO FLAMES please - but it's radical).
  1. First of all - we're not customers anymore - we don't buy anything. It's hurting the bottom line.
  2. We're seeing where INNO plans to take their FoE game - plan after plan, venue after venue - it's very different than where it came from.
  3. We just HANG ON and extract what we've learned how to extract for free. Giving them a few dollars for Premium track isn't a sustaining model.
  4. Inno wants to create pain and despair in their veteran population. They want you to consider leaving and all this in your face, "P2W design" is to help you break your game addiction and stop you from chronically "free play gaming" them.
  5. We're not paying anyway, doing a lot of complaining, and costing them money. People think they matter, but really - we don't. We can leave.
  6. We voice mostly that we don't like anything they've done, nothing is working compared to what we've already accomplished in the game.
  7. Veterans that remember and still play "old-school" don't fit anymore with new-school financial requirements to spend much more serious amounts money to lubricate their game, and as a byproduct, allow more content.

So... the thinking goes:

1. if we depart, their "let's fix FoE" to be more profitable theory is that new players come in and don't know anything about the "old" game we all played over the 1st 10 years here.
  2. New players, when they see the NEW FoE think - OK well I have nothing to compare it to, and I'm new so I'll spend money to accelerate my own game. Fragmented GATE of the SUN GODs will be the norm to them, not a comparison.
  3. If Inno thinks the direction for the new game is what they've been told to create - we're not going to stop it. Pages and Pages of suggestion and better strategy ideas bounce off the reality they're creating going forward.
From what you've seen and all these venue changes and product hints - DO YOU LIKE WHERE they are taking FoE?

Things do not get built and and thrown over the wall for us to TRY to be scrapped immediately. Lots of money was spent to bring GE to where is now is (from where it was) and it might get a few tweaks, but the GE venue strategy is already cement.

Last edited:
I also expect a new building, the fragment assembler: it will assemble fragments only once, and after that it gives only happiness.
Obviously we'll need hundreds of fragments to be able to build it.
Why not go further: Fragment Assembler as a GB and you would need 100 fragments of each of the 9 fragment of plans to build it and then 100 fragments for every 1 FP, from 100 FP to 10000FP for each successive level and building fragments assembly would cost 1000 diamonds and each diamond would have 1000 fragments. :D :D :D

Claus20

Merchant
Very smart of you to shoot the messenger.
You couldn't even get the water out of a boot even if the instructions were under the heel.
I used "if", if you don't understand, buy a dictionary. It means that you like this new GEX. May you master it healthy forever!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Concerning the GE, from the moment that we understood that making the level 5 is a choice (either by modifying its city, or by producing more goods), I find the difficulty (for once) proportionate. It would have been foolish of Inno to come up with something new that the majority of players could finish the first time and above all without any effort.

Concerning the first 4 levels, I am also against the current of whiners, I find them much better than before, apart from the number of faces of the elders and sun gate that I will no longer accumulate as much for events. It's up to me to change strategy and find another solution, maybe go back to the principle of roads...

Besides, one thing makes me laugh.
On the one hand you say that if Inno does not modify the % of fights at level 5 you will not do it anymore and on the other hand you say that you want Inno to change the fragments of level 5. What is can this change you if you won't do level 5 every week anyway?

It's like GbG where you keep screaming but never encounter guilds in live worlds complaining about getting stuck or players getting tired of hundreds/thousands of daily battles?
I am in favor of the arrival of the nerve and that it does not drag.

I sincerely find that the last modifications (GbG, GE, Events, ...) are good things. You never have to achieve everything without any effort in a strategy/management game and you have to break the gap between free and paid players, not with features that cannot be filled, but with a significant time saving.

Have you only tested other games to believe that the grass is greener elsewhere?

PP Nyx

Farmer
All I know is my inventory is full of fragments .... enough with the fragments please I don't want the things they complete anyway :) and now on top of the hundreds of faces of the ancient etc I already have in my inventory I can now collect hundreds of fragments to get them also ... woohoo!! :-(
All in all this whole new level in GE has been a crashing disappointment it should of been a harder extension of the previous levels with better prizes but instead its pretty to look at with no incentive to do it.