• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I like:
- more fp
- more evenly distributed attempts
- removal of some useless rewards (e.g Victory tower)

I do not like:
- ToR BP only in GE3
- no more diamonds in GE 1-3
- the last encounter of stages 1-3 could give diamonds (maybe 10-20-50) instead of lvl4 kit fragments​
- The kits take too many fragments especially the GE4 kit (!!!) - for comparison:
1679391597713.png
GE1 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 90
GE2 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 180
GE3 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 90
GE4 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 70 or less (especially when the frags in GE1-3 are replaced with diamonds :D ) - PS: just give a full kit in encounter 64

I am not sure what to think of the removal of the regular and premium buildings for now...

PS: Also.. no more rogue as reward... but that was a miniscule reward anyways...

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
And that @Juber even felt the need to explicitly LIE to us by pretending the amount of Buildings stays the same for active players with the new fragments but it is a complete lie.
Excuse me? Could you please quote where I wrote that before saying I lied?
I would never lie to you, maybe I have some wrong information sometimes, but then this is not intended. Lying implies intend.

Quoras

Merchant
Excuse me? Could you please quote where I wrote that before saying I lied?
I would never lie to you, maybe I have some wrong information sometimes, but then this is not intended. Lying implies intend.

"As long as you play the Guild Expedition and win Fragments on the big encounters, eventually you will have enough to assemble the Selection Kit with the current balancing. The time it takes you to do that depends on your activity on the Guild Expedition and the number of encounters you manage to complete."

As show above by the table created by a fellow player - it now takes 2-10 times as long. Thats not "eventually" thats a huge nerf.

Big ... groan ....
Inno changed the rewards for GE 1-4, WHY? Why changing things that are "ok" ?
Please change GE level 5 drastically, not GE 1-4 !!
I was defenitely not waiting for changes in the first GE levels...I was waiting for a GE 5...which disappointed me endless...sad, very sad all of this ...
For me it's easy : after 11 years Inno can't ask players to "go backboard" ...from high boost for attacking army "suddenly" to high boost for defending army... it give me mixed feelings... start to doubt to stop playing FoE...

Ok, you can argument : it's easy, do not play GE 5, neglet it at all if you don't want or can't re-organize your city drastically.
Hmm, I can in some way agree on that...but it hurts knowing that there excist a part of the game, but you can't play it !
And secondly : I suppose Inno games, like always, is very proud to introduce new features in their game(s), so how shall it feel for them if, let's say only 2 or 3% off all players can play GE 5 to the very end? Hmm, please think about that developers of Inno !!

Last edited:
After the ruined GBG it was the turn of the GE.
I think the time has come to not play the Expedition.
The ratio between spent and received is humiliating.
I don't understand such a concept of ruining something people are used to and love.
Someone somewhere has a problem with realizing that this is a game! A game is supposed to bring joy and fun, and it can't be fun when they continually take away something you liked, replacing it with something else that doesn't amount to anything.
There's something extremely wrong somewhere in there in the last four years, but the players are to blame for that too, because they accept everything even though they're not happy.
FOE is no longer a game. Not a funny one.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I like:
- more fp

I do not like:
- ToR BP only in GE3
- the last encounter of stages 1-3 could give diamonds (maybe 10-20-50) instead of lvl4 kit fragments​
- The kits take too many fragments especially the GE4 kit (!!!) - for comparison:
View attachment 9206
GE4 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 70 or less (especially when the frags in GE1-3 are replaced with diamonds :D )

I am not sure what to think of the removal of the regular and premium buildings for now...

PS: Also.. no more rogue as reward... but that was a miniscule reward anyways...
so in short
level 1&2 kit is 1/2, level 3 kit is 1/4 and level 4 kit is 1/10 of what we got previously o_O
and diamonds half

that is a HUGE NERF

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Its just sad how they complete ruined another feature again. And that @Juber even felt the need to explicitly LIE to us by pretending the amount of Buildings stays the same for active players with the new fragments but it is a complete lie. You get way less buildings and way less upgradekits now because of the combination of rewards. While you could get a complete fountain of youth AND a terasse farm complete in only 5 rounds of gex 4 on average. now you need 32!!!!
"As long as you play the Guild Expedition and win Fragments on the big encounters, eventually you will have enough to assemble the Selection Kit with the current balancing. The time it takes you to do that depends on your activity on the Guild Expedition and the number of encounters you manage to complete."

As show above by the table created by a fellow player - it now takes 2-10 times as long. Thats not "eventually" thats a huge nerf.

All that says is we're changing to selection kits. I don't see anywhere that says we're keeping the old balancing

I agree it could be better worded, but I don't think that sentence was referring to what we used to get

The Lady Ann

Baronet
it needs to be something we can aim for not something impossible and if INNO want us to have a constant challenge while at the same time the next however many events are defence lead then why not have the difficulty go up each time you complete it and not by a paltry 10% or an unmanageable 1000%

and the prize system did need a slight rebalance but 5 frag of 180 to make a building that is good for a starter city???

Big ... groan ....
Inno changed the rewards for GE 1-4, WHY? Why changing things that are "ok" ?
Please change GE level 5 drastically, not GE 1-4 !!
I was defenitely not waiting for changes in the first GE levels...I was waiting for a GE 5...which disappointed me endless...sad, very sad all of this ...
For me it's easy : after 11 years Inno can't ask players to "go backboard" ...from high boost for attacking army "suddenly" to high boost for defending army... it give me mixed feelings... start to doubt to stop playing FoE...

Ok, you can argument : it's easy, do not play GE 5, neglet it at all if you don't want or can't re-organize your city drastically.
Hmm, I can in some way agree on that...but it hurts knowing that their excist a part of the game, but you can't play it !
And secondly : I suppose Inno games, like always, is very proud to introduce new features in their game(s), so how shall it feel for them if, let's say only 2 or 3% off all players can play GE 5 to the very end? Hmm, please think about that developers of Inno !!
It makes absolutely no sense to expect anything in favour of the players. Tested in the last four years.
You can expect some still working and interesting things to go wrong

Johanna*

Farmer
I'm a solo player, can someone tell me if the "reward" for the guild has changed, are there more crowns or prestige points?

arekusandor

Farmer
What I saw today on the changes was very upsetting to me, and I think will upset many players. I think it is better to return the possibility of obtaining diamonds, as well as adjust the level 5 expedition. If everything remains as it is now, the players on the real servers can leave the game. This applies to new players as well as those who play for quite a long time. Personally, I expected something more, and apparently we are shown that the game has problems with the ideas and financial component

I like:
- more fp

I do not like:
- ToR BP only in GE3
View attachment 9206
GE4 kit frag requirement should be reduced to 70 or less (especially when the frags in GE1-3 are replaced with diamonds :D ) - PS: just give a full kit in encounter 4

Totally agree with this whole assessment - I think it's really cool that you are trying to reshape GE, it's one of my fave bits of FOE and often overlooked. But this new system seems to disincentivise playing, the rewards just don't add up.

I think that's true at all stages of the game; when a new player, getting any of those buildings could be a huge boost to the city and made you try GE even when v tough. Middle players now selling say a gate helps you build up your inventory and purchase more valuable buildings. Older players I think we don't need the rewards as much as they are, but making it so we just get less overall wont make us play GE more, it just makes it less valuable to do. I think I'd seriously consider moving to a guild with no GE requirement just to avoid this waste of my time?

Again not just anti change, I think it's really cool to change it and make GE more essential, but I dont think making rewards less valuble is the solution?

CrashBoom

Legend
Temple of Relics

If you changed the guild expedition rewards, you should also change the rewards from the Temple of Relics.

Suggestion for changes:

Common relics:
Remove Gate of the Sun God and Face of the Ancient and replace them with their choice set of parts. Add 4 expedition attempts.

Uncommon relics:
Remove Ritual Flame and Tribal Square. Replace them with Tribal Square and Sacred Skywatch parts selection set. Add Ritual Flame parts selection set.

Rare relics:
Remove Sacred Sky Watch, Terrace Farm and Fountain of Youth. Replace them with Terrace Farm and Fountain of Youth parts selection set. Add (50?) diamonds reward.
NO

if they change something we will only get less than half

so NO CHANGES to the ToR

and why do you need more attempts ?

CrashBoom

Legend
so after looking at the exact rewards
(thanks for posting it there)

why are those kits even called level 1-4 kits ?

honestly the first 60 encounters give only peanuts from those kits
and players must do 61-64 do get 60 fragments there

wtf
the fragments for level 1 kit should be all in level 1, and so on
ok it is nice for players to get higher kits in lower levels

but to get most of the level 1 kit being forced to do the 61th !!! encounter just sucks

(edit: numbers for encounters fixed. it is 4th level not 3rd)

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Just to add my disappointment:
Huge nerf to GE on diamonds;
Absurd to make Level 1-3 kits as fragments;
GE 5 "rewards" not at all worth the time and cost.

Can not understand how Inno believes that adding a mediocre, at best, GE 5, justifies a major reduction in value of playing GE 1-4. Are they trying to discourage persons from playing GE?

So the trends are: Pay to play is being encouraged.
  • It’s increasingly being tested as a requirement to max out event buildings.
  • A reduction in diamonds obtainable through GE, along with the rarity of wishing wells, reduces chances to earn diamonds, also encourage spending money on diamonds.
  • However, the pay-to-play push also reduces the value of diamonds purchased, since they increasingly can’t be used to get highest level of event buildings, and other premium rewards.
  • Far more time spent just to keep up on events, and doing events is less optional, as the event buildings are increasingly more valuable than hyper-leveling GBs.
  • A less rewarding GE 1-4 and far too costly GE 5.
Pretty much a concerted effort to shift a fremium model from 'feasible to play free', to 'pay required to participate fully'.