• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Reducing the cost of negotiations and reducing the negotiation option.
View attachment 9123
Is it goods count cost?
Also, Tlacotzontli reducing possible negotiation option by one which means basically 3, with friends tavern applicable to 4. Adding this fortification will reduce one negotiation option. Oh my god. @Juber, Is my understanding correct?
To 3??? Negotiations at the end of GE4 are 10 options. If that carries into GE5, that'll only bring it down to 9.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
To 3??? Negotiations at the end of GE4 are 10 options. If that carries into GE5, that'll only bring it down to 9.
Total goods options, then it will be okay. I thought like attempts to finish one complete negotiation in every encounter. 10 or 9goods till now consider like single negotiation action only. So it confused me a bit.

CrashBoom

Legend
20% FP Boost... That means if say your daily collection is ~500 FP, this one building is worth ~100 FP a day for 28 days. Assuming this is something that can be "maintained" most of the time (i.e. I think what he's saying is that in 4 weeks you should be able to get a new one by the time the old one expires if you keep going), that's a pretty big incentive - that will continue to scale as you get better other stuff in your city. i.e. at ~1000 FP "regular" collection, now it's a ~200 FP/day 3x4.
yes
but 20% has many rounding down
1 FP --> 1 FP, 2 FP --> 2 FP, 7 --> 8 (8,4 down)
so in reality when having 500 from city you get less than 100

the perfect value would be 50% (2* 20% + if you get one 10% fountain or something similar we had in premium pass in the past)

50% ALWAYS has rounding up (when not multiplied with an even number and there it is always exactly 50% that you get)
1 FP --> 1,5 = 2
3 FP --> 4,5 = 5
7 FP --> 10,5 = 11

in that case you get more than 50%

and if not getting exactly 50% then I wait to have 3 of those 20% active at the same time

Last edited:

jtrucker

Baronet
Also, Tlacotzontli reducing possible negotiation option by one which means basically 3 attempts per encounter. With friends tavern applicable to 4. Adding this fortification will reduce one negotiation option. Oh my god. @Juber, Is my understanding correct?
You are mixing negotiating OPTIONS with negotiating ATTEMPTS
Negotiating attempts will stay (3 regularly, 4 with tavern boost)
Negotiating options are the number of items you are choosing from. Presumable in lvl 5 it will be from 9-10 (unless they increase the current maximum), so with Tiacotzontii built you will have to select only from 8 or 9 items.

At least that's my understanding of it, not that I'm FoE developer or anything :)

jtrucker

Baronet
in level 5 ?

I doubt it
but you get a 3x4 buildings that could produce 200+ FP a day (28 days long) for end game players :D
yeah, like I need any more FP. My current inventory on beta is something over 80k FPs and on live it is over 110k . Dunno what to do with all of them. If I throw them all in other people's buildings, they'll came back in even bigger quantity due to lvl 90 arc. So I can virtually never spend them, unless I want to add 100 levels to my own GBs which is very very boring and wasting of all the resources my co-players could get by giving 1.9 in my buildings. :D:D:D:D:D:D

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes
but 20% has many rounding down
1 FP --> 1 FP, 2 FP --> 2 FP, 7 --> 8 (8,4 down)
so in reality when having 500 from city you get less than 100

the perfect value would be 50% (2* 20% + if you get one 10% fountain or something similar we had in premium pass in the past)

50% ALWAYS has rounding up (when not multiplied with an even number and there it is always exactly 50% that you get)
1 FP --> 1,5 = 2
3 FP --> 4,5 = 5
7 FP --> 10,5 = 11

in that case you get more than 50%

and if not getting exactly 50% then I wait to have 3 of those 20% active at the same time
Depends on your buildings yes. But if you have a lot of 3s/4s/8s/9s the rounding will be in your favor often enough to make up for the 1s/2s/6s/7s that round down.

And if indeed having one up all the time is part of your plan, you can even aim for such a bias, building in the 20% boost to your decision criteria of the value of various buildings and getting more than 20% on average.

One interesting question is whether the building that have their productions split between motivated and unmotivated round each separately and add them or add them and then apply boost and round. i.e. is a nutcracker guardhouse 1+0+2+0 or (1+2)+1.

Owl II

Emperor
The rest is clear. I have only one question so far.

Fortifications​

To ease your way through this tough new challenge, you can build fortifications to provide yourself with a bonus for that encounter only. Choose your buildings wisely to gain the maximum benefit! If one doesn't help, you can demolish it and try another! The goods required to build will be randomized from your current era - but if you do not have enough of the goods asked for you can also use diamonds to shuffle the required goods. The boost provided depends on your age and the encounter you are on.
Why? Why are they again designing team gameplay as if it's the player's personal garden? Why couldn't the use of fortifications be tied to the guild treasury, as in GBG? Why can't they come up with a new feature that would allow guild players to build fortifications together by common choice?

nice2haveu

Baronet

Why? Why are they again designing team gameplay as if it's the player's personal garden? Why couldn't the use of fortifications be tied to the guild treasury, as in GBG? Why can't they come up with a new feature that would allow guild players to build fortifications together by common choice?
As per my guess, to keep the individuality of completing the guild encounters, they brought these logic where as in GBG siege camps can only be build by guild leaders to tackle attrition. And GEx has no attrition concept to keep that heavy treasury storage linking since it's individual choice and if any individual able to defend it without fortification means bringing treasury logic won't be necessary (for sure it take time to reach that level of playing GE5 without fortification). Final big point to consider is, many people in the guild won't like to participate in GE 4 itself, and using the treasury common for few folks using GE 5 in same guild is not appropriate. Lot of if's and but's and waiting to see how things are placed in GE 5.

CrashBoom

Legend

and that would be most of the time to the disadvantage of the people who negotiate

because guilds would buy the things for fighting

:rolleyes:

Owl II

Emperor
As per my guess, to keep the individuality of completing the guild encounters, they brought these logic where as in GBG siege camps can only be build by guild leaders to tackle attrition. And GEx has no attrition concept to keep that heavy treasury storage linking since it's individual choice and if any individual able to defend it without fortification means bringing treasury logic won't be necessary (for sure it take time to reach that level of playing GE5 without fortification). Final big point to consider is, many people in the guild won't like to participate in GE 4 itself, and using the treasury common for few folks using GE 5 in same guild is not appropriate. Lot of if's and but's and waiting to see how things are placed in GE 5.
It would be great if the GE Championship didn't exist. But the championship exists, and the guild now has no way to affect its completion

Owl II

Emperor
and that would be most of the time to the disadvantage of the people who negotiate

because guilds would buy the things for fighting

:rolleyes:
Oh, take your time. We don't yet know what the characteristics of fortifications are, and what is the level of boost for enemy troops in encounters :)

CrashBoom

Legend
We don't yet know what the characteristics of fortifications are
we do:
fight advantage (boost or infiltration) and
easier/cheaper negotiations (less options / goods)

and if the guild decides for all which category (fight or negotiation) would most guilds take from o_O

Emberguard

Emperor

So far from the announcement and what's been found in the code we know there's a limited amount of spots per encounter. You can't build all of them, you have to pick and choose

If it were Guild Goods then you'd either be restricting everyone to whatever the leaders choose for each individual encounter -OR- you'd have to give everyone access to the Guild Treasury for that level on a individual level so you can choose

I see no reason it couldn't be changed to Guild Goods but I also can't imagine that not causing issues within Guilds arguing over which fortifications to build, how much to build or whether someone should build if it's using the Guilds resources. At least not without redesigning how it works. Maybe if it was using Guild Goods to give players the ability to build a fortification without choosing the fortification for them, maybe that'd work

nice2haveu

Baronet
Space carrier with 10 successful negotiation attempts handles GE with very much peace. Total of 6 days, 10x6 = 60 successful negotiation, only 4 encounters left to finish that one possibly be GE4 last 4 encounters which nowhere easy to negotiate. With this scenario, thinking of GE5 getting little fainted. Having good attacking army strength itself felt little hard on GE 4 last 4 encounters, but now defending army boost which is at ground level, asked to handle GE 5 means, it's purely like sending the army units getting slaughtered by opposition army units. Troy movie came to my mind, where Achilles didn't go to battle and Hector defended their walls easily.

nice2haveu

Baronet
So far from the announcement and what's been found in the code we know there's a limited amount of spots per encounter. You can't build all of them, you have to pick and choose

If it were Guild Goods then you'd either be restricting everyone to whatever the leaders choose for each individual encounter -OR- you'd have to give everyone access to the Guild Treasury for that level on a individual level so you can choose

I see no reason it couldn't be changed to Guild Goods but I also can't imagine that not causing issues within Guilds arguing over which fortifications to build, how much to build or whether someone should build if it's using the Guilds resources
Fortification once set by guild leader by using guild treasury goods should be applicable to all guild mates, what was the trouble on going with this logic. I guessed few reasons and mentioned earlier. It's the same mechanic in GBG too, why to ask every guild member to spend their goods and level 5 still be unlocked by guild leaders only, I guess.

nice2haveu

Baronet
but in GBG all buildings are for both: fighters and negotiators :rolleyes:
GBG building for negotiations in GBG, confused. Which one you are pointing out.
Edit: Just realized, you meant to say, attrition reduction will be handled though attempting the negotiations on sectors by keeping GBG buildings.
But here same doesn't gets applied, because, GBG building applied on surrounding sectors gives attrition benefit to the current sector. But in GE, single encounter, how that can be synced. Here, different GE fortification buildings to handle negotiation or attacking(defense boost).

Last edited: