• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It's a shame that Inno is so lacking in imagination.
I thought that instead of proposing either negotiation or fights, that at level 5, each encounter must do both, a bit like a fight with 2 waves where the second would be to negotiate.

Do you really think Inno is going to let us test this level 5 and the new buildings BEFORE implementing it on the live servers?
It would be smart but I don't think they will have the patience to let us test for 28 days before sending everything to the various worlds. Only in GbG is Inno so patient! ^^

And again the developers no longer understand their game and do not have to analyze the statistics. As much as the faces of the elders en masse retain a usefulness, I do not understand this relentlessness in being able to win so many crops on the terrace, week after week.

Before players claim them, don't you think blue potions would be more useful to earn than tribal spots?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
With the new buildings of GExpedition, does it worth spend real $ to have 3 lvl 4 workshops of the anniversary event? For me, it seems it does not worth it anymore. 1 lvl 3 skywatch gives 6 fps while a one of the towers only gives you 16 fps and yes, it does not require roads but the skywatch only needs an average of 1 road.
It depends on the rate at which you can accrue this new stuff. Especially the max serpent head. But I expect that to be quite some effort for how strong it is. Like maybe 3+ months of GE5?

The divine skywatch might be more common - maybe something you get 1 or 2 a month, but still a long time til you don't care about the workshops or the towers they spawn in a large city.

And the defending army boosts on the workshop and tower being attached to a building you otherwise want anyways on the phantom tower is a big deal in perhaps being able to win this new stuff more efficiently - but we'll have to wait and see when it opens just how much of that you need.

It *does* make me less worried about the keymaster's workshop however from the perspective of feeling it's horribly P2W.

SnowyNinja

Farmer
so excited it's finally here I don't know if my world is far enough to get level 4 completed but I haven't tried can't wait to see how this goes, I do like the new way they're giving out buildings in the earlier levels I am getting kind of tired of the fragments I just hope they don't mess with the diamonds we get. This new limited building looks like it will be great.

so excited it's finally here I don't know if my world is far enough to get level 4 completed but I haven't tried can't wait to see how this goes, I do like the new way they're giving out buildings in the earlier levels I am getting kind of tired of the fragments I just hope they don't mess with the diamonds we get. This new limited building looks like it will be great.
From the announcement: "The rewards for the smaller encounters will also change to match the difficulty of the encounter and the overall reward balancing of the feature."

When play begins tomorrow would someone please let us know if there were any changes made to the diamond rewards possible for winning the smaller encounters? Thanks in advance.

-Alin-

Emperor
From the announcement: "The rewards for the smaller encounters will also change to match the difficulty of the encounter and the overall reward balancing of the feature."

When play begins tomorrow would someone please let us know if there were any changes made to the diamond rewards possible for winning the smaller encounters? Thanks in advance.

I am recording the full GE from 1-5, all boosts and changes should be there.

Ironrooster

Baronet

Juber said at the beginning of the announcement that the changes will not be available this week.

Yup, so THE major PvE event is also getting ‚armyfied‘ completely. Out of like a dozen new buildings only one that has any suitable boosts for Traders/Goods producers/however you wanna name it at all. A major letdown, not gonna lie.

So for me and my traders heart that’s the moment I’ll conclusively quit the game completely, since it hasn’t anything in common with the game i discovered and fell in love with years ago anymore. Where the slogan ‚make your decision if you want to be a fighter or a trader‘ actually was an option and not a major disadvantage.

I know, this isn’t an airport and one doesn’t have to announce its departure and everything, but after all this thread is meant for Feedback, and this is mine.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yup, so THE major PvE event is also getting ‚armyfied‘ completely. Out of like a dozen new buildings only one that has any suitable boosts for Traders/Goods producers/however you wanna name it at all. A major letdown, not gonna lie.

So for me and my traders heart that’s the moment I’ll conclusively quit the game completely, since it hasn’t anything in common with the game i discovered and fell in love with years ago anymore. Where the slogan ‚make your decision if you want to be a fighter or a trader‘ actually was an option and not a major disadvantage.

I know, this isn’t an airport and one doesn’t have to announce its departure and everything, but after all this thread is meant for Feedback, and this is mine.
I'm not sure I agree with this take at all:

1) The biggest focus is on FP. While there are some nice new army pieces, there's also a nice new chain piece for goods (that's a new most-efficient-option if thats your focus). But mostly it's FP that's experiencing a crazy jump here. 20% Boost on FP collections from the forgotten temple especially helps slant things back towards other city FP-producing buildings rather than the GBG treadmill.

The army boost on the serpent head and forgotten temple while very very nice efficiency-wise are likely to be limited by how much of them we can acquire rather sharply. (serpent's probably slow, and forgotten temple needs to be replaced every 4 weeks). The Divine Skywatch has great FP, but only token army boosts.

2) Perhaps most importantly, as a goods-focused player, there's a very high chance you can do GE5 the week it drops by negotiating. While the army-focused players will have to completely rejig their boosts if they want to fight it. So if anything, I expect it's going to be "pure fighters" in tough. They're going to *need* things like that new ritual flame and chain piece to boost their defending army without taking up too much space - they're the ones that are most going to need to improve their cities, so it makes sense they might get a *little* more help. "Hybrid" fighters/negotiators will likely negotiate at first at least (and possibly permanently if it takes too much investment away from other goals to fight GE5).

So if anything I'd say this pushes things further towards non-military means being more efficient. At least until defending army boosts have some meaningful use *other* than this.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I really not impressed and wondering how Dev's think like bringing a reward building time limited(28days) will makes us more interesting.

Technically speaking, once lvl 5 completed able to fulfil the fragments count for forgotten temple, that means next GE 5 it will be more usable. That too limited for 28 days (who ask them to do it only for February month). Statue of Honor is much better in that case. It could have been made similar to SoH means perfect choice.

Receive a new temple when old one is downgrade doesn't makes sense. After completing GE 5, will the reward will get blocked in the inventory while another temple is still active. @Juber, needs a clarity on this for sure.

Also, selection kit from level 1-4 not impressive. Same old crap of items. It's a jungle concept, how interesting to bring the "tree of silence" in GE. From level 1-4, tree of silence fragments can be included as random reward for every 4th encounter and include the tree of silence (full) as a random reward for completing GE 5. All the 3 trees included in GE 5th level randomly on each 4th encounters is definitely a good choice.

GE 4 biggest diamond reward is 100, If GE 5 gives 150 or 200 diamonds means very good.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really not impressed and wondering how Dev's think like bringing a reward building time limited(28days) will makes us more interesting.
20% FP Boost... That means if say your daily collection is ~500 FP, this one building is worth ~100 FP a day for 28 days. Assuming this is something that can be "maintained" most of the time (i.e. I think what he's saying is that in 4 weeks you should be able to get a new one by the time the old one expires if you keep going), that's a pretty big incentive - that will continue to scale as you get better other stuff in your city. i.e. at ~1000 FP "regular" collection, now it's a ~200 FP/day 3x4.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
20% FP Boost... That means if say your daily collection is ~500 FP, this one building is worth ~100 FP a day for 28 days. Assuming this is something that can be "maintained" most of the time (i.e. I think what he's saying is that in 4 weeks you should be able to get a new one by the time the old one expires if you keep going), that's a pretty big incentive - that will continue to scale as you get better other stuff in your city. i.e. at ~1000 FP "regular" collection, now it's a ~200 FP/day 3x4.
Initially they will tell like this, and they say like " to keep a balance did this nerf" and that doesn't going to fulfil our satisfaction. There are possibilities to happen like that. Lesson learned from Anniversary event.

After 28 days, you need to remove and add the same building in the city (by not wasting space). Am I correct? Just for the boost, each 28 days we need to do this. Doesn't sound good to me though boost give the satisfaction. A game approach suggesting us to remove and add the same building is definitely a new concept and never consider like a standard approach. Building needs to be removed since it behave like cultural building with no boost and affects city buildings aid all precedence too.

I mainly expect to see reduction of boost and remove the limited time. Let the players make the decision in city how they go with this forgotten temple. According to me, SoH is for AD, same will be applicable for FT too.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Reducing the cost of negotiations and reducing the negotiation option.
Screenshot_2023-03-14-06-45-08-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Is it goods count cost?
Also, Tlacotzontli reducing possible negotiation option by one which means basically 3 attempts per encounter. With friends tavern applicable to 4. Adding this fortification will reduce one negotiation option. Oh my god. @Juber, Is my understanding correct?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Initially they will tell like this, and they say like " to keep a balance did this nerf" and that doesn't going to fulfil our satisfaction. There are possibilities to happen like that. Lesson learned from Anniversary event.

After 28 days, you need to remove and add the same building in the city (by not wasting space). Am I correct? Just for the boost, each 28 days we need to do this. Doesn't sound good to me though boost give the satisfaction. A game approach suggesting us to remove and add the same building is definitely a new concept and never consider like a standard approach. Building needs to be removed since it behave like cultural building with no boost and affects city buildings aid all precedence too.

I mainly expect to see reduction of boost and remove the limited time. Let the players make the decision in city how they go with this forgotten temple. According to me, SoH is for AD, same will be applicable for FT too.
The point of the two buildings is longevity. That they both need to be incredibly powerful so we'll want them for years to come. Yet limited so we don't have cities full of them.

The forgotten temple we presumably will be able to get a new one every 28 days, and yes, most people will just replace the old defunct one with a new one. Some people might save up multiple to stack them up at once. Some others in very new cities might care about the residual culture and keep them after they're spent. In order to keep one active at all times you'll have to keep doing GE5 is the core idea though.

The feathered serpent statue will presumably just be very slow to get. Such that while it's the best 3x2 building in the game, a year from now you might not have more than 2-4 of them. And of course you still want more! But you'll have to keep putting in the time.

The combination of the two lets you see some of the GE5 reward "soon" (within a month), while other parts you'll be working on for years before you're fully satisfied possibly.

The other pieces are less busted and I expect will be more common (serpent chain extensions, divine skywatch, greater ritual flame). Just something neat to get *now* rather than having to build up fragments over many GEs.