• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

rontom

Merchant
63 pages and still going strong.. that should tell the devs something. If the cluster that is GE5 is being received like this in beta where we get free diamonds then Ice (live forum mod) is gonna need an assistant.
Off topic but relevant, any chance of an ignore button for those few who repeatedly post variations of the same theme, it really is very boring

63 pages and still going strong.. that should tell the devs something. If the cluster that is GE5 is being received like this in beta where we get free diamonds then Ice (live forum mod) is gonna need an assistant.
Off topic but relevant, any chance of an ignore button for those few who repeatedly post variations of the same theme, it really is very boring
There is a 100% chance. Simply go to that player's avatar and click on "ignore". You will no longer see posts from that person. However, the ignore feature is really a test of willpower. Can a person doing the ignoring resist the temptation to browse what the ignored person is posting? :cool:

As to the Forgotten Temple, would people feel better if upon completing the final level 5 encounter (#80) for the first time a player were to be rewarded with enough fragments to complete their first copy of the building? Then beginning with the second week of GEV players would be working towards the upkeep of the building.

This would give a sense of accomplishment for completing it the first time, plus incentive to continue playing to keep the building running instead of having to wait a month to build it for the first time. If it takes a player more than one GEV to complete encounter 80 then they would have a bit of a head start cushion on collecting fragments for the next month, since they would likely have collected some fragments in their prior effort(s).

The mechanism is already in place to award a one time reward, so shouldn't be hard to implement, and I think would put players in a more positive outlook.

As to the Forgotten Temple, would people feel better if upon completing the final level 5 encounter (#80) for the first time a player were to be rewarded with enough fragments to complete their first copy of the building? Then beginning with the second week of GEV players would be working towards the upkeep of the building.

This would give a sense of accomplishment for completing it the first time, plus incentive to continue playing to keep the building running instead of having to wait a month to build it for the first time. If it takes a player more than one GEV to complete encounter 80 then they would have a bit of a head start cushion on collecting fragments for the next month, since they would likely have collected some fragments in their prior effort(s).

The mechanism is already in place to award a one time reward, so shouldn't be hard to implement, and I think would put players in a more positive outlook.
What would prevent a player from completing L5 only once a month?

What would prevent a player from completing L5 only once a month?
Nothing? Of course then their existing building would only give happiness when they can't replace it. The reward would only be for the very first time that encounter is completed, similar to diamond rewards on recurring quests that only give medals afterwards for rolling that result. It's a one time reward, not every time GEV is completed.

maksomi

Farmer
Unfortunately I can't test the jupiter era in which I'm on live servers, but according to the players I have 7 suggestions (any of them will help to adapt GE5 to the masses of players):
1) It is necessary to make the entrance threshold to GE5 more accessible, for Jupiter to make the first tower 300/300, for example, it will attract those who may already have a similar value, they, like a locomotive, will gradually begin to collect fragments from new buildings, they will begin to appear in their cities and thereby will also attract guildmates, neighbors and friends to at least start playing GE5 with new rules!
2) Decrease the value of 80 turret ~ 1500/1500, so that a significant increase starts after 72 turrets, thus you will draw in hesitant players
3) Reduce the cost of opening GE5, for example 2xGE4 + 2GE2, it will be more fair and more attractive to guild officers! I, as the deputy head of the guild, of course, will open it, we have a fairly large supply of goods, but in weaker guilds, those who will try to pass will have to justify the costs! And if they are not very large, it will be easier for officers who open GE levels to argue for these expenses!
4) It is necessary to reduce the cost of GE5 negotiations, not everyone can afford to spend 10k of goods! (I can, every week, but I'm in the minority), you need to reduce by 30-50%
5) We need tangible prizes, 1 head of a snake for 1 pass of GE5 will be a worthy reward for the efforts that the player will have to overcome in order to pass this most difficult level!
6) TITAN is approaching and why not make one of the bonuses in GB, converting attack into defense, each level would give a small, but all the same, percentage to enhance defense!
7) Unlock guild levels above 100, with interesting new bonuses, possibly related to the city defense stat, let this also work for prestige and GE5 and for the guild growth bonus from winning a GE

Last edited:

Tanmay11

Regent
New inno Strategy,
1. wreck already balanced stuff( events, GE)
2. pretend to fix things that did't need to be changed at all.
3. introduce new features(GE5 with insane difficulty) that will require you to get fully levelled buildings(not a problem, but remember point 1.-they're making it impossible for F2P players to get these buildings immediately no matter how much effor you put).
4. players get used to the New normal.
5. lie & repeat.

hades8840

Squire
All the complaining over level 5 it's laughable its not insanely difficult as many have said I can only speak upto my level which is FUTURE but I can pretty much kill sll the way through I get stuck on the last 3 so they have to be negged and that is without using the boost you can build for each camp and thats on auto using 2 hovers and rogues.. before they introduced level 5 I had no def army but between what was sitting in my Inventory months worths of ritual flames and the current event panda bamboo items I have seriously increased thoses stats.. Adapt its what makes a game have a challenge one more week and I will have my first set of buildings

MATR

Squire
3rd week of GE 5 not there yet, completed week 1 no matter the cost, was very expensive, not impressed with the prizes, week 2, only made it to #6 by fighting, cost still high, had to spend diamonds to revive half my troop killed in 1st wave so I could win 2nd wave and again lose half my troops. I added 3 phantoms and 2 panda shrines in the past month, so help in GE 5 but not much, maybe can do a couple of extra battles at the same excessive cost. The amount of city defense stats improvement required to fight all of GE 5 looks to next to impossible at this point. If future event buildings continue to offer good attack stats as well as adding city def stats then maybe it gets reasonable. I'm willing to can exchange attack only buildings for ones that provide same or better attack AND add def stats. Nego cost for me are in a different league & I hate doing nego's even with the helper add-on, it feels rigged and designed to cause diamond spend. I have no trust that anything that is claimed as random is actually random. There is a computer on the other end and something called AI , it is too easy to use tech to optimize player spend. Same with auto-battle and the changes to the AI to focus on a single troop now causes most fights to end with a single unit lost when if I manually battle is easy to defeat with no losses. This is even after increasing my attack bonus to over 1000. Not fun to me. The game has become excessive in the time required to play. An additional level in GE is another expense of time and cannot be auto-battled leaving time consuming manual battles or time consuming nego's. I spend excessive amounts of diamonds on the game and hoping they continue this path of more and more time and money required so I lose interest and get back my RL.
I'm in PE with 1152 attack, 815 attack defense
197 Defense attack, 177 defense defense

MATR

Squire
Would also like to add that Beta is no longer a valid test bed since the gbg nerf hasn't been implemented on live and is still in effect on beta. How long does it take to test something? Thus beta doesn't represent what is probably in the live servers and is more of another profit center for inno. What we say here has little consequences, only our actions as to money and time spent have any significant impact.

"Maybe" an idea :
give every player who dare to start GE L5 and win the first encounter "A Temple Ruin" which is not active : it give some happiness, some low % boost for defending army in attack as in defense and a few small other things...
Every time a player win a next encounter in GE L5 it also get a "resident" to bring this Temple Ruin to life : let's say each 3 residents give an upgrade to the Temple... Just "an" idea to give players more motivation to play ! ;-)
And : when you could make of that "Temple Ruin" a "Forgotten Temple", after this Temple becone back inactive (after 28 days), this temple become back a Temple Ruin, which don't need to be removed out of player's city : it become a special "Great Building" ! Every level give a very nice boost for defending army (like +5% !), but to be able to go on with a next level on this GB, the player need at least to gather 3 new "residents" (via GE L5) to open a next level. Further on, the levels of this GB go like all other GB's, with fp's and ...(another idea!), with rewards that give fp's, some Goods of current Age and a "% chance to win 1 extra resident" !
And on top of that : each time a player get his/her Forgotten Temple back inactivated after 28 days, they can put this inactive Temple into their "Temple Ruin"(GB) and get (for example!) "9 residents", which give that player the chance to do 3 levels on that GB.
Also give this GB, besides % boost for defending army, as second attribute Guild Prestige Points or something else for a Guild ;-)

To let stay GE L5 as a challenge, I suggest to let the % boost SCALE a bit with the players % boost ...otherwise after a longer time this GE L5 will no longer be a challenge for some advanced players ! I like to see that GE L5 always stay as a real challenge, but playable, not impossible please.

One more thing I like to add :
I read frequently : "Well, don't play GE L5 if you don't find it worth it or whatever..." :
NEVER forget that it's, after all, GUILD Expedition ! Whole Guilds are involved with this new feature and to say more :
After years playing this game I realize that I play FoE ALSO for being in a guild and "making friends" in my guild .... and in general !

Dave1186

Farmer
All the complaining over level 5 it's laughable its not insanely difficult as many have said I can only speak upto my level which is FUTURE but I can pretty much kill sll the way through I get stuck on the last 3 so they have to be negged and that is without using the boost you can build for each camp and thats on auto using 2 hovers and rogues.. before they introduced level 5 I had no def army but between what was sitting in my Inventory months worths of ritual flames and the current event panda bamboo items I have seriously increased thoses stats.. Adapt its what makes a game have a challenge one more week and I will have my first set of buildings
It really is like that, except for the last few encounters, the stats of the units you fight against are not exorbitant. A sufficient defense % can be achieved in not a long time. But many players want everything to be too easy and boring.

RonTeddy

Merchant
Why am I getting less for the Gex Level 4 Kit at the Antiques dealer than before for a single Terrace Farm? Support says it is defined that way, I don't get any more information. The new Gex - a fun brake?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Because a kit has no impact unlike a terrace culture.
Transform your kit into a terrace culture then store it and resell it.
You will earn more but you will need to have the space on your city AND use a storage kit.
It is therefore normal that the "terrace cultivation" kit yields less than a terrace cultivation.