• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

CrashBoom

Legend
Sorry but I don't see any defence side, as far...
all the buildings with defense boosts
especially the new ones

just look at the defense boosts of your Phantom Tower

all that would be worthless if they remove using defense boosts in GE 5

would make much more sense to use it earlier and not starting above 400% (at SAJM) :rolleyes:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The most beautiful remark that I have read so far is a neutral observation, unpleasant to read for some, but real:
If your city only focuses on the attack, neglecting everything else, it is an unbalanced city and it will have to be noticed in some facet. Those of us who give priority to attack, but do not neglect defense and the production of goods, will have much less shortcomings, because it is more level.
The only thing is that in order to incentivize players who mindlessly accumulate red %s, the defense would need to be useful in various places.

Example in campaign map, where the first attack of a sector uses the red % then we should defend X sectors daily under penalty of losing sectors to goods.

Or impose that a fight on X in GbG be carried out with the blue %.

Or enforce that fights between neighbors only use blue %s.

In short, avoid giving the impression that only red % are useful in the game. Diversify needs/obligations if you want players to make concessions and not all build the same cities.

CrashBoom

Legend
Defense buildings are needed as much as they have been needed until now.
you need definitely more buildings with defense boosts now if you want to beat level 5

When I talk about two sides, I mean the players' side and Inno's side.
at least Inno's side agrees totally on their point of view

because the players side also have 2 sides
people like you who want to change it to attacking in level 5
and those who think defense is good (maybe not the 2000% enemy boost, but using defense in general)

so better you talk about 3 sides in the future :D

Cleitomachus

Marquis
you need definitely more buildings with defense boosts now if you want to beat level 5
The proposal I made earlier is a solution to exactly this.
because the players side also have 2 sides
In a full 63 pages no one supported the defense. Everyone found it insufficient, precisely because philosophy over the years has been aggressive.

Look... one thing is for sure. I don't have infinite time to sit here all day and send infinite messages like you, to explain the obvious... And it's my last message for today.
Again, stop spamming, please!

CrashBoom

Legend
I don't have infinite time
nobody has infinite time :rolleyes:

In a full 63 pages no one supported the defense.
I see that different
I would only say: nobody supports the 2000% they use as value (in SAJM)

because philosophy over the years has been aggressive.
and for that reason it is time for a change
for years the same. isn't that boring?

And it's my last message for today.
I am still here tomorrow

Again, stop spamming, please!
after you

Beta King

Viceroy
But Inno doesn't force you to complete it. Just like it doesn't force you to play GvG and other facets of the game. You can complete it, skip it, or complete only what you can.
The game as it was in recent times lacked strategy, because the only profitable thing was to improve the attack and click the mouse a lot to receive prizes. That was not funny. Now Inno seeks to reclaim the importance of city defenses and the production of goods. This is not a change that by itself is going to mean a great revolution in the strategies, but if in the next modifications it continues in this line, the type of player will be balanced a bit, if he is an attacker, defender or producer. All this with its advantages and disadvantages.
If your city only focuses on the attack, neglecting everything else, it is an unbalanced city and it will have to be noticed in some facet. Those of us who give priority to attack, but do not neglect defense and the production of goods, will have much less shortcomings, because it is more level.
If other guilds in other worlds are completing ge5 and beating us then our guild will need to be competitive set requirements and those not able will need to leave so we can bring in people that can/will win point blank so many will be forced to run ge5 or move to a weaker guild that doesn't mind losing every week. Inno doesn't have to do this to make it mandatory but losses will.

Beta King

Viceroy
The most beautiful remark that I have read so far is a neutral observation, unpleasant to read for some, but real:

The only thing is that in order to incentivize players who mindlessly accumulate red %s, the defense would need to be useful in various places.

Example in campaign map, where the first attack of a sector uses the red % then we should defend X sectors daily under penalty of losing sectors to goods.

Or impose that a fight on X in GbG be carried out with the blue %.

Or enforce that fights between neighbors only use blue %s.

In short, avoid giving the impression that only red % are useful in the game. Diversify needs/obligations if you want players to make concessions and not all build the same cities.
Until GBG is no longer the fastest and most lucrative way to grow a city and red atk/def is the most important way to maximize that effort then it will dictate the whole game until it changes. Putting the % nerf in place would solve this and I personally will have a couple thousand squares available in my city for city Defense or FP/Goods producers cause keeping 2.5k red atk is not worth the extra few fights per day when 1k is sufficient.

zookeepers

Marquis
I have an idea as a suggestion to Inno:
Keep those strong percentages of opponents in G.E. 5, but allow players to play with their strikers (with corresponding percentages).

How about like this...
Round 65 starts with 400%/400% and you can use either attacking troops or city def.
When you win using attackers, in round 66, your attacking troops would face enemy with 480%/480% (400x1.2).
If you use city def for round 66, enemy stats stays 400%/400%.
When you win round 65 using city def, round 66 will be 400%/400% for attackers, 480%/480% for city def.

The values raises exponentially, separately, and dynamically.

When you use only your attackers, round 80 will be 6160%/6160% which is an unreal value.
When you use both attackers and city def 8 times each, you would face only 1430%/1430% at round 80.
You still have to beat 829%/829% by your city def, even if you beat 2476%/2476% by your attacking army.
in order to do all the rounds fighting.

When you nego, it raises values for both attackers / city def in the next round, but instead of x1.2, the value goes x1.15.
Negotiation cost rises the other way round. When the round is fought, x1.15, negotiated, x1.2, starting from round 65 requiring 6 goods for each option.
when GE5 is fully negotiated, negotiation in the final round would cost 92 goods per option.
When you nego only the last 4 rounds, the final cost drops to 55.

If Inno wants to make it a little more challenging, they can set the multiplier to 1.25 instead of 1.2,
making it require at least 1907%/1907% at the final round.
In this case, if you can defeat 2384%/2384% with your attacking troop, the task for your city def decreases to 1525%/1525%.

well... I believe this is good, actually quite good, but it's super duper crazy complicated :)

zookeepers

Marquis
but why start at round 65 ? and why at 400% ?

why not at 1 with a much lower percentage ?
and if you do 32 with both you end on equal values

I don't really believe that it is gonna happen, but
the numbers I've mentioned is supposed to be adjusted to reasonable range.

1.2 is about the current value in the second half of GE5.
I made it start from R65 400% so that I don't need to touch GE1-4.

.Chris

Baronet
Imho anybody who thinks that Inno isn't dead set on the concept of GE V is delusional.
The only things that will be adjusted are gonna be the rewards and the percentages to levels at which the outcry will be minimal.

So PLEASE:
  • Quit the hollow "I'm gonna stop playing" threats
  • Put your big boy/girl pants on
  • Try it out and give honest, objective and constructive feedback
  • Use the upcoming event buildings to increase your City Defense and over time you will be able to AutoBattle GE V
  • (at which point you can go back to whining that the game is getting boring :rolleyes: )

-Alin-

Emperor
Imho anybody who thinks that Inno isn't dead set on the concept of GE V is delusional.
The only things that will be adjusted are gonna be the rewards and the percentages to levels at which the outcry will be minimal.

So PLEASE:
  • Use the upcoming event buildings to increase your City Defense and over time you will be able to AutoBattle GE V
  • (at which point you can go back to whining that the game is getting boring :rolleyes: )

I don't like InnoGames, I don't like fragments, I don't like GE:V, it is trash now.

I quit this game ... /s

And the game is boring :p

Beta King

Viceroy

So PLEASE:
You mean sacrifice your ability to make endless amounts of FPs and diamonds in GBG so you can complete GE5 by fighting and collecting fragments of rewards that you could take or leave? That's probably not going to happen for many. Honestly the goal of everyone here needs to be trying to make it as least appealing as possible so most if not all guilds will not want to open it and it will not have much impact on the current state of the game and just be another unused portion.

zookeepers

Marquis

If Inno introduces city defence version of SoA or Winner's Plaza (L2), that may be possible.
I know not a lot of people will do so, but still it will be possible.
At the current balance, the only way to fight through GEV is to pay load of cash.
Watching the wildlife event, Inno seems not to be very eagar about introducing more options to raise our city def stats.

Yes, even so, eventually we would get enough buidings to build up our def stats.
It'll take 10 years though.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What's crazy is if Inno had made a lv 5 like lv 4 while increasing the red %, many would have shouted "copy and paste".
There they are innovating and many are yelling that it is not normal to use percentages that have existed since the beginning but are never used.
In short, in Inno's place, I will no longer link player comments, they are never happy, want Inno to question themselves but do not want to do it themselves.

thelegend88

Squire
Inno lost their way long ago. Stop "fixing" things that are not broken and adding more "improvements" which are clearly not.

Sorry to say this but someone should be sacked for this, as it should have been for PvP arena, guild perks, and that dock or pier thing which was briefly added. Also for trying to force adds on us, you open tavern and first page is the add page... You need to collect incidents and you get only add chest popping up and this new event reward system which demands you to spend extra money to collect event rewards, apparently is someone already spent money on diamonds needs to spend extra for that chest.

Fail after a fail and it just keeps getting worse after each new addition. And that is only the surface, there are far worse problems than this.