• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Hello, after 53 pages of reading, I have not read many praises about the 5th level of the expedition.
My opinion about this new implementation is that I see it outside of the development that this game has had during its eleven years of life.
It has always been developed to have many buildings that provide attack/defense to attack the various modalities of the game. from the conquest of territories on the campaign map, to the battlefields.
The buildings (Great buildings) for the defense of the city, which had attack and defense, was based on only two, San Basilio and Deal, until the arrival of terracotta, apart from filling the city with flames, but this only gives defense and It consumes a lot of USELESS space in the city, then? The entire game is based on attacking, due to many flames and even having those three Great Buildings at level 90, the attackers won with the subsequent looting.
Option to enitar looting (galata tower), which gives little of itself.
What option has most people taken, eliminate San Basilio and Deal, remove all the flames and leave a unit in defense, collecting all the production in one hour.
Now with this implementation in the expedition you have to reassemble those two Great buildings and bring them to level 100 at least, in three worlds in Spain I had them at level 80+ and I removed them and now?, assemble them again, NO AND NO .
There is no space in the city and the cost in diamonds of the expansions are a rude cost.
Apart from the fact that the prizes that I see are not worth it, because right now it happens in the rest of the levels, which are the warehouses full of bigheads, doors, flames, climbing kits and the "best" of all the buildings, the tower of the victory. (Level 4 of the expedition and award a tower of victory).
The first thing that the INNO GAME Company should do is change the thinkers of these implementations, if they do not want more people to run away from the game every day.

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Hola, despues de 53 paginas de lectura, no he leido muchas alabanzas sobre el nivel 5º de la expedición.
Mi opinión sobre esta nueva implemetación es que la veo fuera del desarrollo que ha tenido este juego durante sus once años de vida.
Siempre se ha desarrollado en tener muchos edificios que diesen ataque/defensa para atacar las diversa modalidades del juego. desde ña conquista de territorios en el mapa de campaña, al los campos de batalla.
Los edificios (Grandes edificios) para la defensa de la ciudad, que tuviese ataque y defensa, se basaba en solo dos, San basilio y Deal, hasta la llegada de terracota, aparte de llenar la ciudad de llamas, pero esto solo da defensa y consume mucho espacio INUTIL en la ciudad, ¿pues?, a esta basado todo el juego en el ataque, por muchas llamas y aún teniendo esos tres Grandes Edificios al nivel 90, ganaban los atacantes con el cosiguiente saqueo.
Opcción para enitar el saqueo (torre de galata), que da poco de si.
que opción ha tomado la mayoria de las personas, eliminar San Basilio y Deal, quitar todas las llamas y dejar una unidad en defensa, recogiendo toda la producción a una hora.
Ahora con esta implemantación en la expedición hay que volver a montar esos dos Grandes edificios y llevarlos a nivel 100 como minimo, en tres mundos de España los tenia a nivel 80+ y los quite y ¿ahora?, montarlos de nuevo, NO Y NO.
No hay espacio en la ciudad y el coste en diamantes de la expansiones son una groseria de costo.
Aparte que los premios que veo no merece la pena, pues como ahora mismo pasa en el resto de los niveles, que estan los almacenes llenos de cabezones, puertas, llamas, kit de subidas y el "mejor" de todos los edificios la torre de la victoria. (Nivel 4º de la expedición y de premio una torre de la victoria).
Lo primero que deberia de hacer Ia Empresa INNO GAME, es cambiar a los pensadores de estas implementaciones, si no quieren que cada día mas gente huyan del juego.

I completely lost fun in playing the GE. The bigger the challenge the lower the prizes. Really folks stop fragmenting all the buildings! Besides cutting the dias the rest of the prizes after the milestone encounters were so nice. Buildings, goods, one up kits etc. This is now fragments for buildings I used to sell already for years in the antiques dealer. WHY please why are you frustrating your customers. The idea of a level 5 in GE was so great and I was nosy. Now the outcome is worse before. Lvl 5 is not even a possibility of either fighting/defending or negotiating. Buildings in the slot are not worth putting up. I am completely frustrated, first time since 2017
Just a comparism between new beta lvl 2 GE last counters prizes with live... frustrating and boring. Change quotes/percentages but please please take away this horrifying fragments

1679700607369.png 1679700647254.png

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
Hello, after 53 pages of reading, I have not read many praises about the 5th level of the expedition.
My opinion about this new implementation is that I see it outside of the development that this game has had during its eleven years of life.
It has always been developed to have many buildings that provide attack/defense to attack the various modalities of the game. from the conquest of territories on the campaign map, to the battlefields.
The buildings (Great buildings) for the defense of the city, which had attack and defense, was based on only two, San Basilio and Deal, until the arrival of terracotta, apart from filling the city with flames, but this only gives defense and It consumes a lot of USELESS space in the city, then? The entire game is based on attacking, due to many flames and even having those three Great Buildings at level 90, the attackers won with the subsequent looting.
Option to enitar looting (galata tower), which gives little of itself.
What option has most people taken, eliminate San Basilio and Deal, remove all the flames and leave a unit in defense, collecting all the production in one hour.
Now with this implementation in the expedition you have to reassemble those two Great buildings and bring them to level 100 at least, in three worlds in Spain I had them at level 80+ and I removed them and now?, assemble them again, NO AND NO .
There is no space in the city and the cost in diamonds of the expansions are a rude cost.
Apart from the fact that the prizes that I see are not worth it, because right now it happens in the rest of the levels, which are the warehouses full of bigheads, doors, flames, climbing kits and the "best" of all the buildings, the tower of the victory. (Level 4 of the expedition and award a tower of victory).
The first thing that the INNO GAME Company should do is change the thinkers of these implementations, if they do not want more people to run away from the game every day.
I do like the attempt of the gameplay change. Far too long Def has not mattered. However, yes I think the GE V rewards and the restructured prizes of the lower GE levels are not up to par, specifically the Fragging of buildings that are widely trash buildings that most players dont even plant. But again I like the attempt and thought of the gameplay change, the execution of it is the poor part. After 5 years of playing I was getting bored, but now making such a drastic change to gameplay has sparked my interest in the game again. It needs tweaking, many have given their ideas and thoughts, so hopefully we get some tweaks made before this goes live.

Tempestas

Squire
I do like the attempt of the gameplay change. Far too long Def has not mattered. However, yes I think the GE V rewards and the restructured prizes of the lower GE levels are not up to par, specifically the Fragging of buildings that are widely trash buildings that most players dont even plant. But again I like the attempt and thought of the gameplay change, the execution of it is the poor part. After 5 years of playing I was getting bored, but now making such a drastic change to gameplay has sparked my interest in the game again. It needs tweaking, many have given their ideas and thoughts, so hopefully we get some tweaks made before this goes live.
I have to agree. I like that L5 is different and difficult and that it makes defense relevant. I was looking forward to doing L5 again this week, just pissed that L1-L4 have been made worse. Before the only good things about GE were diamonds and ToR rewards, and occasionally I got a Store Building or some FPs. They've reduced the diamonds, fragmented mediocre rewards (seriously does anyone but an inexperienced player build a Tribal Square??). Most of the rewards are only useful for a few months at the being of playing the game. I can endure fragmentation, but fragmentation of a tribal square is hilarious. It's not that I don't want fragments -- I don't want a Tribal Square, much less fragments of one.

Astrid

Baronet
Same opinion like players above me stated. GE 5 needs to be challenging / very challenging, the town defence boosts have to become relevant, you might even increase the difficulty for GE 4 a bit, but please, rethink / redesign(The Lost Temple) most of the rewards across all the Guild Expedition.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Same opinion like players above me stated. GE 5 needs to be challenging / very challenging

And I doubt many of us disagree with that statement. Yes, it would be good for the game if we faced challenges, otherwise it's just another ~16x15s of your gameplay, another chore you do weekly.

But as of right now, the "objectively" right decision is to still forget about boosting your def armies and rather focus on gathering enough goods to neg GE5 down. Of course it does depend on playstyle, there are many way to play the game, but this doesn't mean that for the most players this is the (much) better option. The amount of space you would need to sacrifice for def boost will be a much bigger affect on your overall gameplay (as attack is useful in GE, GBG, GvG, attacking neighbours, PvP Arena...what else am I missing), while defense would be still only (somewhat) useful for GE5, and that's all (defending your city also not really a priority; collect in time and forget others attacking your city).

In short, how I see it. The game "pretends" you have 2 options for GE5, fighting or negotiating, but (for me), mathematically, the fighting option is so awful, really only the neg is the only option. Luckily I have little-to-no issue at all to spend (an extra) 10k goods a week, but my city is very much developed. I have no idea how the less and still developing cities will be able to even "touch" GE5.

We went from "blindly auto-atttacking GE4" to "can barely touch the first levels of GE5". The jump in difficult is simply too much.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
GE 5 needs to be challenging / very challenging, the town defence boosts have to become relevant
but it isn't :rolleyes:

finished it this week: again

wasn't challenging. only a little bit expensive (in goods cost): only negotating

so I don't even think in getting any defense boost in my live world city
will negotiate there too

so what exactly is the challenging part in level 5 for me ?
and where has the defense boost become relevant for me ?

We went from "blindly auto-atttacking GE4" to "can barely touch the first levels of GE5".
I went from blindly auto in GE4 to blindly negotiate in GE5 this week o_O
not even looked at the enemy

and blindley negotiate because the FoeHelper told me what to do
maybe Inno will forbid that the FoeHelper works in GE5 (or all level)
as they have forbidden the use of it in GBG so it was removed

or how about removing negotiating from level 5 so that players are really forced to make their city defense relevant

Last edited:

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I went from blindly auto in GE4 to blindly negotiate in GE5 this week

Depending what you mean by challenge, but here the challenge comes from gathering enough goods for negotiating. I would say the neg game is also a challenge, but for reasons I can't really say that (why you can say "blindly negging", without thinking).

or how about removing negotiating from level 5 so that players are really forced to make their city defense relevant

It wouldn't make it relevant, many will just forget it exists (I would do for sure). It simply doesn't make sense to make your city overall much weaker just to be better at 1 thing while being worse at many other things.

It sucks I can't sing, but I'm not giving my vision and hearing for that skill. Not. Worth. It.

Astrid

Baronet
@CrashBoom yes you can negotiate, I also negotiated the last confrontations from GE 5 and finished it. But it's quite expensive and it will keep eating your goods in the long run. But if your city produces enough goods then it's not such a big problem I suppose. You might encounter some issues though when the new era comes out and you want to enter that new era right away.

For me though the solution is to gradually increase my city defence boosts until I can finish most of it with fights. I prefer not to spend goods because I want to sell them for some nice profits. Since many players will rely on negotiating GE 5 for me it's gonna be just perfect. More and more profits on the way :p

but it isn't :rolleyes:

finished it this week: again

wasn't challenging. only a little bit expensive (in goods cost): only negotating

so I don't even think in getting any defense boost in my live world city
will negotiate there too

and where has the defense boost become relevant for me ?

I went from blindly auto in GE4 to blindly negotiate in GE5 this week o_O
not even looked at the enemy

and blindley negotiate because the FoeHelper told me what to do
maybe Inno will forbid that the FoeHelper works in GE5 (or all level)
as they they have forbidden the use of it in GBG so it was removed

I'm happy for you. The amount of goods needed to complete Level 5 do not scale with age. While 10K goods might not be a challenge for SAJM players, lower era players will find it challenging to the point of impossible. Maybe pause for a second and consider L5 from their perspective?

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm happy for you. The amount of goods needed to complete Level 5 do not scale with age. While 10K goods might not be a challenge for SAJM players, lower era players will find it challenging to the point of impossible. Maybe pause for a second and consider L5 from their perspective?
solution for them:
get Arc to 80. Chateau very high

then they can make enough goods
doing "spend FP"-recurring quests while spending FP in the guilds 1,9

we can call that the challenge to beat level 5 :p

and from game perspective those GB are a must have: so basically no extra city space needed for GEx5

But if your city produces enough goods then it's not such a big problem I suppose.
actually my playing style: heavy quester

I did already many quests in colonial age before the Chateau even existed
a city full of clockmaker at 24h productions