• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

All Free Now

Marquis
Each and every day, many interesting thoughts on guild expedition, but Dev's as usual keeping their decorum like "what was the noise (community voices) there in the forum regarding guild expedition update?"
Tough to behave like a FoE Dev's, it's not too easy to maintain this. First anniversary event, now guild expedition, next communities favorite GBG to make the noise from community again. Not too long for it to happen like that.

Mailia

Merchant
I accidentally lost my recurring quests in my main for a long, LONG time... it happens :)
But yeah I guess *almost* anyone could cycle RQ's and have enough goods to go through lvl-5. Though personally the goods aren't the problem... I play GE primarily for the diamonds, and after they nerfed the # of diamonds we can get in 1-4 i'd need to spend most of the diamonds I get each week just to complete 5, unless they change it so that 5 has diamonds as well I honestly see no point in wasting goods. That's just my opinion though, i'm not saying anyone else shouldn't be doing it, simply that I won't be partaking :)

Beta King

Viceroy
I am producing almost 5K goods per day but I'm in SAJM and have made use of every possible expansion plus I have a colony that is loaded up with goods buildings. The thing is that the number of goods needed to negotiate L5 does not scale with age. While 10K-12K goods per L5 may not be a big obstacle for SAJM players like you, or me, it will be nearly impossible for earlier age players.
As it should be foe want the only players that can do lvl 5 to be the "end game ballers" with a ton of goods to reap the rewards and all the lower level newer players to feel like a drag on their guild cause they cant help in the manner that their guildmates are. This should help the form of superguilds with all GE 5 players can open and finish it then the other guilds wont need to even open lvl 5 and just loose to any guilds that do. True definition of survival of the fittest.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
If L5 gets released on live as it is currently set up I predict that the market for previous era goods will dry up for late era players. There's not much trading going on now for SAJM:SAV goods (regardless of ratio). L5 will have a huge appetite for previous era goods, nobody in SAJM will trade theirs away, and not many players camp in SAV. The situation may improve a bit when titan is released but any relief will be brief.
This will be the main problem solved by many who will camp in SAV and sell goods by the 10k pack to the SAJM players for say 500 FPs per pack.

This will be the main problem solved by many who will camp in SAV and sell goods by the 10k pack to the SAJM players for say 500 FPs per pack.
I doubt it. Any problem that SAJM players have with their inventory of SAV goods will be resolved when Titan is launched. They will age up to Titan and leave enough of their goods producing buildings in SAJM to meet their need for SAJM goods.

plotus

Farmer
I come across a few players in PvP with 1k+ defense boosts...they must be smiling about this now...lol. It is only a matter of time before others boost their defense to be able to autobattle through GE5, I'm already changing my live cities for this and I welcome the challenge. This will shake up PvP too, with many more players having defense to match attack boosts, should be interesting!

Unfortunately, this might push more players out of doing GE. The game now restricts GvG, GBG and PvP to elite players but GE was worthwhile for all. In many guilds we like helping grow low point players and could count on them doing GE1 or even GE2, but now I doubt any low point player will find any GE is worth the fragmented rewards on offer now.

Astrid

Baronet
Like I previously stated, I like that GE5 needs city defence, these bonuses were pretty much useless and the game as it is now on live is not balanced at all. All goes in one direction, attack bonuses for attacking army and Arctic Orangery.

However the GE rewards as a whole need to be re-thought / redesigned. In GE 1-4 we have some useless artefacts like Victory Towers and several other not so good rewards. But please, just don't fragment everything, even ritual flames level 1 should be won as a whole item, not some fragments, is just depressing for starting players that they need to complete the expedition too many times to assemble a single ritual flame level 1.

The diamond earnings should be kept more or less the same in GE 1-4, maybe remove few of them, like one of the 50% chance to earn 25 or 50 diamonds, but nothing drastic like you did it.

Now to the Lost Temple: it's an amazing building, basically it rewards the player with both types of attack boosts, but please, remove it's temporary property. Make it permanent and unique - not being able to have more than one in your city. You might fragment only this building, make the fragments available only after the last gate of the map, with:

50% chance to earn 10 fragments
50% chance to earn 50 forge points

Once the player gathers all 200 fragments, he/she will get:

50% chance to earn 75 diamonds
50% chance to earn 50 forge points

Since the GE5 is so difficult, please understand that you need to motivate the players to go for it and since the most useful & best currency reward from the game are diamonds, you need to throw some for the last(and most important) reward of the Guild Expedition.

Tempestas

Squire
You've a point about the changed rewards ... Inno had better never touched the rewards of GE L1-4.
I play GE because of being in a "Guild" ! I play for the guild, no matter how small or big the Guild Power is that we get as guild after GE week is over. Being a "team player" also give satisfaction, not only the rewards (luckely!) ...but I speak for myself, of course. I can imagine some players only play GE for the rewards? But then Inno better re-name Guild Expedition to "Expedition" :p
As a guild leader, I'd rather not ask my guild to waste their goods and units on trash. Inno needs to put the diamonds back and offer other better prizes in L3-4. Otherwise, I think open GE about once a month might make sense. Why waste guild goods on it? There are better things to use them on. Inno is killing the GE. I'm fine with it being hard, but don't give me garbage prizes because not only do I have better things to do with my units and goods, I have better things to do with my time.

Maybe they should call it the Trashpedition.

bornempire

Steward
My guild can't do GvG, there is a large majority of players on the phone, we can't have fun in GbG either, we are not numerous enough not to be stuck in the 1,000 LP league and too efficient to stay in platinum or low diamond league.
So we are left with only the GEs to have fun together, depending on each other for chocolate medals that bring nothing but immense pleasure to play together.
It is therefore normal that I defend my gaming pleasure just as I will not shed any tears when Inno removes GvGs.
Would love to know your players name in the game, you seem to be the only enthousiastic person on GE V and heavily posting how great your city can deal with GE V. Can we learn something in your city? Are you willing to share the players name? There is no deadpool on the playerslist.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Like I previously stated, I like that GE5 needs city defence, these bonuses were pretty much useless and the game as it is now on live is not balanced at all.
This is a sloppy and illogical way to make defensive bonuses useful.
FoE was lame it's true, but putting a plaster on a wooden leg doesn't cure the disease.

INNO does not have the courage to make a real in-depth modification, for example by completely overhauling the expedition from level 1.
Each wobbly novelty adds problems to the game, then compensating for the consequences does not make the causes disappear.

FoE is like a car skidding on ice, with the driver accelerating in an attempt to maintain control. For how long will he manage to avoid the accident?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I doubt it. Any problem that SAJM players have with their inventory of SAV goods will be resolved when Titan is launched. They will age up to Titan and leave enough of their goods producing buildings in SAJM to meet their need for SAJM goods.
As someone who wanted to keep the negotiation option open I'd been doing this since Mars.

But I think you underestimate how much some people want the new goods from their building at the start and will not plan ahead to the point where they eventually need more SAJM goods. It might take a while til they get there, but they'll look at their stockpile of 100k+ SAJM goods and go "that shouldn't be a problem" - 4+ months down the road it might be. And since there's no 1-down kit, it *might* not be a bad play to be a supplier of SAJM goods when that happens. Of course this is purely speculative. We don't know how long it'll take to use up the glut or how motivated those people will be to fix the problem through trade.

For someone jumping into Titan day 1 it'll be an interesting decision as to how many buildings to bring forward for the new goods now so you can get through tech expeditiously, and how many buildings to leave behind so you can negotiate for the full year.

Of course there's also the other solution: you need ~1k of each SAJM to negotiate GE5, build up say 60k of each before you jump and then move all the goods buildings to titan. Or even more if you also want to plan to have some excess to trade if suddenly previous goods are in demand and more valuable than current goods (it happened in AF and OF when they were the last age - of course our production was much lower back then - but we didn't have this kind of demand either - so it could happen again)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Would love to know your players name in the game, you seem to be the only enthousiastic person on GE V and heavily posting how great your city can deal with GE V. Can we learn something in your city? Are you willing to share the players name? There is no deadpool on the playerslist.
My city's been doing GE5 fine too if you want to look at it. First week I fought 11 and negotiated the last 5. This week I built up my defense a little further and fought 12 and am about to negotiate the last 4 (though i have been chugging defender pots at an unsustainable rate - I should be able to keep it up for a couple months).

My primary concern has been in higher ages that the defending army boosts are too high to be reasonably approachable for the early encounters - that they'll be negotiate-only for those ages and the quest to make the defending army valuable will fail on the grounds of still being worth nothing unless you have enough to do at least 1 encounter.

My primary concern has been in higher ages that the defending army boosts are too high to be reasonably approachable for the early encounters - that they'll be negotiate-only for those ages and the quest to make the defending army valuable will fail on the grounds of still being worth nothing unless you have enough to do at least 1 encounter.
I agree. I have no intention of changing my attack-centric focus simply to make fighting GE L5 possible. I'll do L5 once just to be able to say "I did it". Beyond that, if I continue, I'll negotiate most, if not all, of the L5 encounters. Most likely, I'll do GE L1-L4 and skip L5 entirely. Same as many I predict.

Kommodor

Merchant
why do you think it's hard for a beginner to play?? have a year of experience playing on a new server only in iron age... ark 80+, chateau 80+ and 200000 each goods of iron age,, and also since the second week of the game the guild expedition is always 64

Last edited:

hades8840

Marquis
Now I like lvl 5 ge done it twice almost all attacks last 4 ish have had to be negs but the rewards are ok or will add up in the weeks and months to come those serpent statues are nice but ge1-4 has seriously lost any appeal now

CDmark

Baronet
Based on the announcement Monday
It isn't changing.
So a few things that I hope they consider to adjust for negotiations
1) Zacatzontli Statue - Reduces negotiation costs is garbage and from the few videos I have seen, is offered 3:1 versus the other one
(Tlacotzontli Statue - Reduces the possible negotiation options by -1).
2) There are 4 A/D forts vs 2 nego forts (not really 2, Z statue is a waste of space), even if you keep the garbage statue, let us choose from all 6, every encounter
3) A/D progresses as follows (SJ, E1toE9)
449%, 468%, 487%, 507%, , 527%, 547%, 568%, 589%, 656
Negotiations progress (E1toE9)

So, negotiations have a large step up each 4th encounter, then come back down. A/D just gradually then drastically increases. Why do negotiations get this step up penalty? Same reward for defend or negotiate.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't know I'd read *too* much into that. It's not changing right away (which some people were hoping for a change after the first week solely based on the protests). And they kinda had to say something in response lest the "why no changes yet" overtake the discussion. But if it's not meeting their targeted goals, it could change a few weeks in.

i.e. if indeed "noone" in the space ages is fighting - or building up towards eventually fighting - perhaps the numbers will come down in them - at least for the earliest encounters to get people into the range of "maybe you could fight further with some more". Not to the point where it's easily reachable, but to the point where it might be tempting.

Sl8yer

Regent