• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Of your 30 diamond guilds 10 are going to be knocked out and 10 more added. those 20 guilds are most likely undergoing a yoyo. And another ~40 are going to be doing yoyo between gold and platinum which may still be significantly extreme differences in play environments.
The "yoyo" effect was mostly generated by the LP table that pushes all guilds up.
By defining a defined number of guilds per league in order to balance the ascents and descents, we would reestablish a true distribution of guilds within the leagues via their capacities.
I think the Gold and Silver leagues are underexploited and 99% of truly active guilds end up in Diamond and top of the Platinum. As long as we see guilds of less than 3 players accessing Diamond, no balancing can be considered.
With my proposal, the 2 main leagues regrouping 90 guilds, the others (micro-guilds and semi-active guilds) would be mainly in Gold and Silver.
And if it were up to me, the match winnings should remain unchanged in the Diamond league (10 FP, 25 diamonds, 50 goods, 5 units, ...) but should be just half in Platinum, a quarter in Gold, the eighth in Silver and zero in Copper. In this case, competitiveness would make sense.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And if it were up to me, the match winnings should remain unchanged in the Diamond league (10 FP, 25 diamonds, 50 goods, 5 units, ...) but should be just half in Platinum, a quarter in Gold, the eighth in Silver and zero in Copper. In this case, competitiveness would make sense.

I think this would also have unintended effects. Instead of competitiveness, you might see guilds withdraw their efforts from GBG entirely. Serious players hopping to serious GBG guilds. And the rest, if they can't have meaningful rewards, why try at all?

Noname 5.0

Steward
Some how you’ve missed the point of smaller guilds wanting to stay in the platinum league.
It’s not the rewards it’s being able to compete on a more equal playing field.
FYI even though the rewards aren’t as big in the platinum league.We are able to get more rewards with less resources spent because we are able to use siege camps to reduce are attrition levels going up .
You can say you can use SC in the diamond league yes you can but that province will soon be captured n you have to restart from your base using no SC burning your resources up at full attrition.
This happens over n over.
I’ve done this in the diamond league for over 8 months n in the platinum league we get more rewards because we can keep our provinces longer and string SC together and play with attrition levels not going up after each move.
If you got beat up going to school every day by a gang of kids . You would take a different path to school.
That’s what is happening now in the diamond league with smaller guilds. We are tired of getting beat up .
So we are taking a new path . With the way it is now more and more guilds are taking this path .
This is all I’m going to say on this subject, when a large guild gets matched with 6 small guilds that do nothing think about how much fun your having n how much better it would be if the guilds were matched by equal strength.

Owl II

Emperor
I think this would also have unintended effects. Instead of competitiveness, you might see guilds withdraw their efforts from GBG entirely. Serious players hopping to serious GBG guilds. And the rest, if they can't have meaningful rewards, why try at all?
Is that a bad thing? This is natural selection. This is also a form of competition

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is that a bad thing? This is natural selection. This is also a form of competition

It's a bad thing if it becomes like GvG where < 10% of players even participate. It's also a matter of decay - where the sheer number of guilds that participate is what's propping up the number of top guilds. So as more stop participating, more fall into the region where they also might consider stopping participation. Incentives to play are important at both the bottom and the top.

Owl II

Emperor
It's a bad thing if it becomes like GvG where < 10% of players even participate. It's also a matter of decay - where the sheer number of guilds that participate is what's propping up the number of top guilds. So as more stop participating, more fall into the region where they also might consider stopping participation. Incentives to play are important at both the bottom and the top.
GVG is a completely different story in every way. Let's start with 90% of players do not have access to the GVG. Guilds had an incentive to strengthen at that time when the Diamond League was the target for most active guilds. Many guilds united. The treasury was actively being built. Now it's all stopped. Because there is no reason to make an effort. You get the maximum possible anyway.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
In one of my guilds the whole guild will be the intruders. As we use the stop sign to indicate that the sector can be attacked until it reaches 150.
The target sign means: take the sector.
So the stop sign is already there when there are 0 hits.
I believe many guilds use it that way, including mine. Give the guild leaders an options to set rules for the sign og give us a 3th sign to use as stop sign, it could say Max 155 for Diamond league and will record the ones who fight after 155 and warn the warrior who start a fight above 155
I would also love record of, who fight in sectors without signs if the guild leaders choose to activate it

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
unbelievable
90% of the players don't have a computer o_O
Most people I know irl waves their pc goodbye for years ago in favour of smartphone. I’m not much surprised if in FoE really 90% don’t have/use a pc. Most smartphones nowadays can do pretty much everything an pc can with the flexibility of smartphones being an mobile device. The limits of screen size is mostly resolved with smart tv’s.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
How about this you get 12 siege camps total ,if the province that you placed them on gets captured you lose that siege camp. Unless you decide to place another one of your 12 there.
This doesn’t appeal to you because you like to surround a province with 5 siege camps in place so it cost you 0 attrition level points.
At first this must sound nice but it will still help the large guilds with lots og goods and members who can afford diamonds, they will just move their siege camps around and not let the smaller guilds get a chance to get them together with the sectors.
Don't thing this will help at all

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I look forward to seeing the new KS map on live servers, I hope it can provide a better flow in KS so the guilds are not either locked or drowned in free fights. This round in Diamond we have lots of fights, yet there are some of our warriors who miss them as they can not play when it's time to fight and when they come on, the fights are gone. A sector is filled after 1-2 min and 10 sectors in 20 mins, then there are 4 hours to next swap of sektors.
I hope the new map gives more space for everyone so there is always a sector to fight in and preferably without too much attrition.

Right now on live, we are 2 guilds who swap and 4 guilds who all try to lose point so they can get away from the 1000 diamond map. That's sad, if they all tried to get the 3th. place, it would be more fun for all, also the 2 large guilds who swap sectors. Other rounds are we not one of the swapping guilds but do try to fight and stay in Diamond 1000. That's not a problem as all other guilds but the 2 swapping will try to drop down.
Here om Beta, I'm only in a small guild and can't test how the new map works for Diamond 1000 but I hope it make the guilds less locked down as there are more possible sectors to attack.

I would say, get it on live so fast as possible It is not easy to test it here on Beta

faramir

Farmer
I really liked the new cb.
therefore, I do not understand the rotation.
the new version is a great building. and because of her I don't understand the rotation.
why not give it up permanently?
few fragments can be recovered from that new building, and it will slow down even more when rotated.
another thing is that the bonuses from the side building are in full, as is the case with the bridge to the statue of honor.
but most of all I wish it didn't change. new cb are perfect even with a perfect building. so why change it.
I would just accept more of the fragment from that building.
translated via google.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really liked the new cb.
therefore, I do not understand the rotation.
the new version is a great building. and because of her I don't understand the rotation.
why not give it up permanently?
few fragments can be recovered from that new building, and it will slow down even more when rotated.
another thing is that the bonuses from the side building are in full, as is the case with the bridge to the statue of honor.
but most of all I wish it didn't change. new cb are perfect even with a perfect building. so why change it.
I would just accept more of the fragment from that building.
translated via google.

Because some people may still wish to finish the old building.

Because they want to give the illusion of adding to the game, not just changing it.

Because they want to slow down the rate at which you accumulate the new building if that's the only one you care about - so as to drag out how long before you no longer care about the new map either.

Because they want to compare how rounds play with each map to see what if any impacts it has and alternating rounds are convenient for that.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
One of the biggest challenges for a guild is to build and manage its treasury in each age it has a member. This is valid for GBG, EG, GvG.
A solo guild doesn't have this problem! It is far too easy to manage one age than several.
So why is the 3 member restriction intelligently imposed in EG not enforced in GvG and GBG?

Owl II

Emperor
One of the biggest challenges for a guild is to build and manage its treasury in each age it has a member. This is valid for GBG, EG, GvG.
A solo guild doesn't have this problem! It is far too easy to manage one age than several.
So why is the 3 member restriction intelligently imposed in EG not enforced in GvG and GBG?
There is no restriction for participation in the GE. You just don't participate in the championship if you play solo