• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I agree. Total encounters per Guild would be a great tie breaker
The number of siege camps used would define the regrouping ....
Guilds that have agreements to trade sectors would always be together.
Personal gains already come before battle ....

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Guilds that have agreements to trade sectors would always be together.
Guilds that have chords would be happy to be together and 4 or 6 guilds with two-by-two chords would be on the same GbG, freeing up 2 to 7 guilds that are usually spectators.

The goal is to let the same guilds feed each other or to make the GbG friendly for a larger part of the players?

griaxe

Merchant
i have an idea to make GBG a bit more exciting and bring some sort of strategy to it and some sort of randomness....
what if every reset time an unpassable barrier would appear between 2 random sectors (lets say 6 of them for an example) and stay there for 24 hrs until next reset.. guilds would not be able to pass through that border as long as a barrier stays there...
something like this:
5yAilO4.png

that is the basic idea and could be improved by smarter people :p
i think it can be interesting in my opinion...

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
As a member of a guild that is often driven out of the center or does not even get to the center, I find the new map worse than the old one.
I would therefore suggest reducing the number of building sites towards the center and not offering any building sites at all in the center. And all peripheral sectors should have lots of building sites.

That would make it harder for a guild to control the whole map. Or it helps the other guilds if two guilds just swap sectors back and forth.

This would make GBG more exciting again.️

Emberguard

Emperor
I would therefore suggest reducing the number of building sites towards the center and not offering any building sites at all in the center. And all peripheral sectors should have lots of building sites.
I like this idea. It would definitely be more strategic if building sites were more common in the outer rings and not present / rare the closer you get to the center

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On the subject of presentation of GBG, it was indicated :
GBG 1.png
Where are the "competitive rivals" when the biggest guilds do not fight with each other and where dozens of guilds per world (or thousands of players) suffer every GBG for breaking the promises of Innogames?

Then it was added :
GBG 2.png
To ensure that there’s no substantial difference between the participating guilds on each Battleground map ????
If you think about what you post, why are you ignoring the hundreds of posts on different communities about it?

You were even aware that the number of (active) members in a guild would impact, as would the average activity.

Conclusion, instead of just having your graphic designers work, couldn't you do something about the gameplay?

faramir

Farmer
Because some people may still wish to finish the old building.

Because they want to give the illusion of adding to the game, not just changing it.

Because they want to slow down the rate at which you accumulate the new building if that's the only one you care about - so as to drag out how long before you no longer care about the new map either.

Because they want to compare how rounds play with each map to see what if any impacts it has and alternating rounds are convenient for that.

the new building is so great that the statue of honor will only end at the antique shop.
and I would compare this alternation to the alternation of a trabant with a bnw or a mercedes.

or, as those maps alternate, let them enhance the statues of honor. for example, let them attack the defense of the attacking army.
and feel free to have fewer fragments for completing the cb.
but at the moment the statue of honor is a pointless building for most active players.

translated via google translator.

Mitos

Squire
make HQs - free 5 sc sector
make direct line to center - 5-4 sc sectors (maybe not free, maybe more cost as closer to center)
make other sectors - 1-0 sc
make matching guilds based on number of fights in last season
and look how mining\pinning\activities will work in such version :)

1BFA

Viceroy
1. Increase the cost of the building when multiples are added to a province.. e.g. for SC/Trap 1st SC cost will be 3k, 2nd 4.5k, 3rd 6k
2. Reduce the "impact" of the buildings on a province.
impact: Let's say a guild chooses to add 1 SC on 4 tiles around the target (to keep the cost low due to 1), the target tile shouldn't be 96% attrition free, it should be something like 1st one gives 24%, 2nd one gives only 12%, 3rd one gives only 6% and 4th one will be 3%. So, total will be only be 45% attrition free.

The Above numbers are just an e.g. Inno should come up with their own scale which is "fair" for both Attacking and Defending. Traps should work the same way, 2 traps shouldn't be 90% chance of attrition gain, it should be 68%.

P.S. I'm aware that lots of ppl have suggested some version of this..but just put it out there again :).... Goal is to make GBG more competitive and not just boring. Also change the cost of buildings per league, let the cost in diamond be highest.

Last edited:

zsaciku

Farmer
I fail to understand why so many people want to ruin GBG with this sectors should not be free of attrition BS. You don't seem to realize how much time players spend in the game while farming the battleground. Insteand of the daily 1-2 logins most of my guildmates are here every 4 hours. It also rewards being active instead of passively accumulating FPs. Removing or nerfing siege camps would cause a huge drop in the playerbase for sure.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I fail to understand why so many people want to ruin GBG with this sectors should not be free of attrition BS. You don't seem to realize how much time players spend in the game while farming the battleground. Insteand of the daily 1-2 logins most of my guildmates are here every 4 hours. It also rewards being active instead of passively accumulating FPs. Removing or nerfing siege camps would cause a huge drop in the playerbase for sure.

Oh I do realize how much time it takes in game to farm the battlegrounds. And hate it.

While at first doing tons and tons of fights is exciting, in the long run it leads to burn out.

Furthermore it leads to undesirable behavior in some people who won't do the work to setup the free fights, but demand that they exist. As well as kills the spirit of battlegrounds between guilds because of the size of carrot towards maximizing free fights instead of competing to win.

1BFA

Viceroy

Farming is fine, but inno should try and not make it "free", let it cost a little bit more than what is now so it is not almost attrition free all the time.

El-Empecinado

Merchant
hello.
I have been reading what is posted.
I do not understand the loss of time, when it is known that Inno, he only modifies what interests him.
! Guild! What is a guild? A group of people united, NO, a group of people united by a common interest, would be an association in defense of a common interest.
The union is the frame for people who exercise a trade, it can be a unit (autonomous) or a large workshop with a hundred workers.
but each one who defends what interests him.

As a member of a guild that is often driven out of the center or does not even get to the center, I find the new map worse than the old one.

That would make it harder for a guild to control the whole map. Or it helps the other guilds if two guilds just swap sectors back and forth.

This would make GBG more exciting again.️

This would totally wreck it for small guilds Attrition is the big barrier for small guilds and this would ensure they attrition out before they can get a significant amount of battles in.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
This would totally wreck it for small guilds Attrition is the big barrier for small guilds and this would ensure they attrition out before they can get a significant amount of battles in.

I don't think so.

Last GBG, with the new map, we had no sectors with building lots in front of the start sector. That's at least two times 100% (320 fights in the Diamond League) attrition before you can build your first siege camp. That won't get you very far. Especially when two other guilds work together and keep you out of the center.

How could the implementation of my proposal worsen this situation? With (at least) 3 building spaces on the sectors beside the starting sector?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think so.

Last GBG, with the new map, we had no sectors with building lots in front of the start sector. That's at least two times 100% (320 fights in the Diamond League) attrition before you can build your first siege camp. That won't get you very far. Especially when two other guilds work together and keep you out of the center.

How could the implementation of my proposal worsen this situation? With (at least) 3 building spaces on the sectors beside the starting sector?

It'd add incentive for them to swap the sectors directly in front of you. In those rounds where you're badly outclassed, the best results often come when noone *wants* the sectors in front of you because there's not many siege camps pointed at it - unfortunately that also means there isn't that many for you to use either. But if there was *lots* of sieges there you can be guaranteed a minute or two after it opens it'd be ready to flip again.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Not that I want to go too fast, but in 17 pages this is the first thing that the developers retained?

I think my English is really insufficient, because I did not believe that there was such a difference between "hearing" and "taking into account"
What do you mean? This is just a bugfix, no change or feature.
Also, what have the quotes to do with the guild battleground update?