• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Yekk

Viceroy
Not sure where to post this question. I guess this thread will do, because you are working on fixing certain issues with the GBG.

So, in the live game the old map is on again. My guild and four other guilds are sitting by the shore with not much chance to conquer any provinces - either one of the two largest guilds at the arena has flagged them all. They're swapping provinces. Their best players get a couple of thousand fights a day while I get maybe 50, because we can't have any siege camps.

And yes, our guild plays as a team and we know the game, there is nothing we could do better. There just is no way to break free from your base when two other guilds are teamed up and do everything they can to keep you locked up.

I'm wondering how is this swapping not something other games call "abuse of the game mechanics for your own gain".

Get rid of the old map completely? Add some limit to the fights or rewards? Make every guild start over from their base at the daily reset? I used to love this game, but now I've gotten to spectate swapping season after season. Quitting feels like a good idea. The game is broken, fix it, please.

The new map can be worse for you. 2 of the 8 HQ's do not get any slots on their in tiles. The top two guilds through will still be able to own them easily. Timing becomes more of a problem as flips are done in stages. My live guild is very strong. My beta guild if the mechanics worked as Inno promised would be platinum. We move back and forth on beta. Fair options have been suggested but Inno has yet to see the need of intervening. No one has a clue why?

Rautapupu

Farmer
Actually the new map is better, it always leaves you an escape route. There are 35 of us in a guild, so a couple of provinces with no slots won't stop us.

Some people have suggested that swapping guilds buy lots of diamonds and Inno doesn't want to change any of that. It might cost them players in the long run. I myself stopped buying diamonds because the game stopped being enjoyable because of the swaps.

Yekk

Viceroy
Actually the new map is better, it always leaves you an escape route. There are 35 of us in a guild, so a couple of provinces with no slots won't stop us.

Some people have suggested that swapping guilds buy lots of diamonds and Inno doesn't want to change any of that. It might cost them players in the long run. I myself stopped buying diamonds because the game stopped being enjoyable because of the swaps.

The first tiles taken each league get their SC's diamonded BUT after that the top guilds spend little in the way of D's if other guilds cooperate. A bit more if they misbehave. I believe players of smaller younger guilds who want to fight will spend much more if they have more opportunities to fight. That a reason to spend for event buildings would greatly outweigh the amount spent now if all guilds had more chances. Like when a guild finally moves from swap threads to 180/190's and see their cities grow faster. Success builds success. Failure always just hurts.

Tanmay11

Regent
Not sure where to post this question. I guess this thread will do, because you are working on fixing certain issues with the GBG.

So, in the live game the old map is on again. My guild and four other guilds are sitting by the shore with not much chance to conquer any provinces - either one of the two largest guilds at the arena has flagged them all. They're swapping provinces. Their best players get a couple of thousand fights a day while I get maybe 50, because we can't have any siege camps.

And yes, our guild plays as a team and we know the game, there is nothing we could do better. There just is no way to break free from your base when two other guilds are teamed up and do everything they can to keep you locked up.

I'm wondering how is this swapping not something other games call "abuse of the game mechanics for your own gain".

Get rid of the old map completely? Add some limit to the fights or rewards? Make every guild start over from their base at the daily reset? I used to love this game, but now I've gotten to spectate swapping season after season. Quitting feels like a good idea. The game is broken, fix it, please.
how will getting rid of old map help? people are already swapping on new map and getting as many fights...probably even more.

also some guilds on the new map are at a big disadvantage from the start,(good luck if your guild is getting blocked on the old map), because they don't have a single sector with a siege camp next to their HQ
so im not sure what was their reasoning for this new map...because they could have easily introduced the rewards to the old map.

what needed changing was SC and matchmaking.....no matter what they do it wont have any effect.

The first tiles taken each league get their SC's diamonded BUT after that the top guilds spend little in the way of D's if other guilds cooperate. A bit more if they misbehave. I believe players of smaller younger guilds who want to fight will spend much more if they have more opportunities to fight.
Not necessarily true. On opening day lots of diamonds are spent rushing SCs, true. However, all season long, guilds that are swapping frequently need to rush SCs on the outer ring. It's common to rush 4-6 SCs every swap. It all adds up.

Yekk

Viceroy
Not necessarily true. On opening day lots of diamonds are spent rushing SCs, true. However, all season long, guilds that are swapping frequently need to rush SCs on the outer ring. It's common to rush 4-6 SCs every swap. It all adds up.

We just phase those tiles, We found players would D tiles to get extra fights so now require that player to announce they are doing so and to share. I can see your point though and see where in some leagues that what you say does happen.

Last edited:

Rautapupu

Farmer
how will getting rid of old map help? people are already swapping on new map and getting as many fights

Does this render the game pointless to the other guilds on the map? The guilds I'm in have not gotten totally blocked on the new map, with a little effort we could play almost normally. But if this is an issue to the average guild, then I guess a limit to the rewards/fights should be implemented.

Sl8yer

Regent
Since Innogames is deaf to all our demands, I only play without thinking and I recently invested myself in a new game, more strategic, less random and with a team that responds to this community.

Why would they respond to this community. Shouldn't they respond to their own community?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On the FR forum, the CM asked us to provide it with information on improvements to be made in 2022 concerning GbGs.
After proposing an update to the Captain at the end of 2021, the developers are considering how to improve the league system and group pairings for each session. If you haven't already, it's time to tell us what you think needs improvement and what are your suggestions so that we can summarize them.

Here is the summary of what has already been transmitted.
(original available here because I'm lazy to translate all the text and I leave a rough translation via google translate)

Good evening everyone and thank you for giving me so much reading

For the sake of transparency, here is what has been reported for the FR for the moment:

1) The main problematic point is the composition of the diamond league groups, with dominant guilds crushing active but weaker guilds. For those weak guilds, switching between Platinum League / Diamond League 1000PL is not a good experience.

- The solution often proposed would be to reduce the gains / losses in quantity of PL to avoid big fluctuations, and to prevent a platinum guild from accessing in one shot the maximum diamond at 1000PL.
- Other ideas suggest grouping together the few very strong guilds, for example with a matchmaking by number of advances made in the previous session, a smoothing of places in the last sessions
- However some players are worried that with such a system, a) The "elite" group will always be the same from session to session b) It will be repetitive and exhausting c) Alliances could be formed and ruin the competition
- Another idea has been proposed to manage leagues: summary of what is written here
- Or: limit the number of guilds per group to 6 for example.

2) About buildings:
- Siege camps are too powerful and allow some guilds to fight too much
- There might be a minimum of attrition which cannot be totally reduced by buildings
- Players do not like the random distribution of locations (this is a point that you discussed a little above but which also goes back to us a lot on the support)
- Players are proposing to have a location on the HQ, or to put more locations at the edges than in the center to help all the guilds to fight.

If something is missing, report it to me quickly

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
My top proposition in regards to match making still is, that after a match maximum one guild of the match may reach/keep the 1000LP mark.

main challenge with that is that the points gained in a match have to be calculated in a special, not quite transparent way.
One way might be to rescale the LP spread after the points were credited - as in:
- guilds get their LP according to the current system (maybe with 20LP steps between places instead of 50)
- supposedly, the guild with the most LP now has 1100 LP and the guild with the lowest LP now has -100LP - difference is 1200, offset is 100
- all guilds get 100 additional LP (spread from 0 to 1200)
- all guild LP standings are divided by 1.2 to reset the spread to 1000 (from 0 to 1000)

This system has to be checked in regards to points overflow still, and in regards to where new guilds should start at to prevent having a total influx/outflow of FP. But overall, I think this should be a stable system

EDIT: on second thought, this might prevent guilds from ever reaching the highest LP level... so some tweaking surely would still be necessary

I do recognize Deadpools point that leagues get switched over and over again between diamond and platinum league, and that just 2 or 3 guilds dominate the entire pool for 10 days. There are a few options to solve this:
q) beelzebobs option that only 1 guild keep the 100PL rating.
b) The diamond league is increased from 900-1000 to 900-1200. That way, there is room within diamond league for moving up and down. (my proposal)
c) beelzebobs option to modify diamond league rewards.
d) Move slots away from the center to the outer provinces. That way more guilds have a chance to go for the center. However, there's a risk that strong guild will monopolize the outer ring.
e) Create permanent perks that give guilds more of an advantage in provs adjacent to their base (see perks discussion). That way they have a better starting position for the center.
f) Limit the number of guilds in a pool to 6. (magicmiam)
g) Diminish the rewards in league points. . (magicmiam) That may however stimulate permanent ties and reduce dynamism
h) Reduce the effect of siege camps (magicmiam). That makes it more costly for everyone to keep attacking.

CrashBoom

Legend
They did not, I checked that.
they did

From November 3rd, the maps will be alternating (meaning once you have played one map, that the next will follow). In addition, to being alternating, the map will also be the same for the entire world. Therefore, everyone on Beta will experience the new map at the same time!

new map, old map, new map, old map, new map, old map, new map, old map, new map, old map, new map, ...

changing every 2 weeks since November 3rd