• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Noname 5.0

Steward
For the hundredth Owl II it’s easy for you sit back and dictate your will on the game, you have a guild with 80 members that all contribute to your treasury so it’s easy for you to keep placing siege camps whenever n when ever you .
For smaller guilds we have a limited amount of siege camps we can place . So when we capture a province n place a siege camp it get captured by a guild like your. When we recapture it we cannot always replace it .
I’ve changed my strategy since we last argued the point that larger guild should battle larger guilds.
I am not afraid of battles n taking provinces. It’s just that battle in the diamond league for us is not worth the resources it costs to play there.
We are just fine in the platinum league with guilds more equal to ours.
Since I know you won’t play on a smaller guild (4 members) try play your next battleground without using siege camps.
You will soon see how pointless it is .
I THINK THAT THIS GAME IN BATTLEGROUND ALLOWS THE USE OF TOO MANY SIEGE CAMPS.
Each province should only be able to have one siege camp. Being able to run the map not having your attrition level go up each move is not only unfair it removes all strategy of the game.

Noname 5.0

Steward
How about this you get 12 siege camps total ,if the province that you placed them on gets captured you lose that siege camp. Unless you decide to place another one of your 12 there.
This doesn’t appeal to you because you like to surround a province with 5 siege camps in place so it cost you 0 attrition level points.
If you want to call me out Owl II on if I don’t want to attack yes I want to attack our guild was in the diamond league for 8 months. We just got tired of getting stuff in our base .
In the platinum league this doesn’t happen n it’s a more enjoyable league for us to play in .
I think that you like playing against smaller guilds n being able to conquer the map taking no prisoners.
The reason your so against making the matched guilds more equal is you can’t do that.

Noname 5.0

Steward
Make it possible for smaller guilds to stay in the platinum league and we won’t have any problems. 0-20 platinum 20+ diamonds league.

Owl II

Emperor
Well there's a mixed bag of problems:

- One is that it's rather pointless to fight as you point to. Precise finishing spot doesn't much matter.
- Another is that it's rather tedious to fight. I am so sick of free fights :p
- And finally there's the problem that the matchmaking moves people so fast that, for some guilds, even if you tried to fight you'd still wind up 7th or 8th after taking 1st in the previous round. So even if fighting for a higher spot mattered, it wouldn't make sense to fight. Just lose this season and fight next one. So you wind up punished by trying in the easy rounds and put into a tough group where it's pointless to try in the harder rounds. This is what noname points to.
Noname points he would like to stay in his comfort zone and do nothing for it. Alas. life is unfair. The game is even more unfair :) But this does not negate the fact that GBG is full of nonsense and problems

Noname 5.0

Steward
If you want to know how pointless it is for our guild to play in the diamond league.
Then next battleground you and your guild play without using siege camps.
I bet you couldn’t even last 2 days. Before you found out how pointless it is for a guild of my size to play in the diamond league. You will will start using them .
As for me wanting to stay in my comfort zone. That is exactly what you are doing. You don’t want to compete with larger more equal strength guilds,you want to keep beating down small guilds.
We went up against your guild in battleground , I wasn’t very impressed with your performance.
I can see why you don’t want equal strength battleground because you will be on the losing side.

Noname 5.0

Steward
I know that life is unfair we grew up in a ghetto without having food on our table. Taking mustard sandwiches to eat for lunch at school. Life is unfair but this game that is used by many to relax after a 8 to 10 hour shift should not be unfair.

Noname 5.0

Steward
You can use them all in one day if you want. Or at least one siege camp per province would be a better idea.
This way a guild can’t surround a provinces with 5 or 6 siege camps adjacent to that province.
This will allow your attrition level to go up n not being able to run the map using up no attrition.

CrashBoom

Legend
how about siege camps uses multiply instead of add

let's take 4 siege camps:
current: reduction 4 times 24% = 4% attrition remain
with multiply: 76%*76%*76%*76% = 33% attrition

5 camps:
current: 0%
multiply = 25%

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
how about siege camps uses multiply instead of add

let's take 4 siege camps:
current: reduction 4 times 24% = 4% attrition remain
with multiply: 76%*76%*76%*76% = 33% attrition

5 camps:
current: 0%
multiply = 25%
I fail to understand how 76 to the power of 4 would result in 25% but I would like to see a rebalance update for SC.

Personally I feel like a cap of effectively 50% chance for no attrition would be best. Capping in an similar way double attrition from traps and decoys to 50% would be best, imho. Actually change the letter to X% chance that invading players risk +1 additional attrition. This does mean that SC and traps/decoys can effectively evening out each other. While both would be still able to do their respective jobs.

Owl II

Emperor
Maybe I chose an unsuccessful example or we have a very small sample. But I don't understand what conclusion can be drawn about how the guild plays?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Wouldn't it be simpler and more understandable to have 2/5 (number of wins / number of participations) in each league?

Yekk

Regent
One item of GBG I have never understood is why would copper get the same map as diamond. In sports field size for "beginners" is smaller than for "experts" in almost all sports. I suggest ring 4 disappear for all but the diamond league AND version 2 map be used by Gold leagues and lower. That all third row tiles have 1-2 slots. That a guilds moving up to diamond be a choice for the founders of that guild not done by the guilds' losses or gains of League Points. Those matter only as a qualifier for moving up a league. To stop gaming the system reduce FP rewards for platinum from 7 FP to 5 FP.

Owl II

Emperor
Wouldn't it be simpler and more understandable to have 2/5 (number of wins / number of participations) in each league?
The main question is why is this done? what is the target? There is no legend, so we can't judge how the guild has been playing for some time. Then what does this information give us?

Owl II

Emperor
One item of GBG I have never understood is why would copper get the same map as diamond. In sports field size for "beginners" is smaller than for "experts" in almost all sports. I suggest ring 4 disappear for all but the diamond league AND version 2 map be used by Gold leagues and lower. That all third row tiles have 1-2 slots. That a guilds moving up to diamond be a choice for the founders of that guild not done by the guilds' losses or gains of League Points. Those matter only as a qualifier for moving up a league. To stop gaming the system reduce FP rewards for platinum from 7 FP to 5 FP.
You forgotten that in the copper league it takes 4 times less battles to capture a province

Yekk

Regent
You forgotten that in the copper league it takes 4 times less battles to capture a province

And 6 of 7 guilds still just get their in tile... We can't fix everything but we can make GBG more enjoyable AND competitive. The point system we have now fails in that every guild can and does move up whether they can compete or not. The comfort level for a development guild for most such guilds is what platinum was envisioned to do be. BUT they by insane rules are forced to diamond where they have to game the system to get where they are competitive again... Even Inno knows the system is broken. I just wish they would address the problem instead of ignoring it.