• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
In my guild we use the 2 symbols depending on whether the province belongs to us or not.

The crossed out hand means:
- do not type, if the area is not ours;
- camps are being built, if the sector is ours.

Targeting means:
- sector to type, if it is not ours;
- camps are under construction, if the sector is ours.

We have adapted with the lack of symbol.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
A third symbol besides the target and stop would be good to implement. Based on this thread it feels there is a need for it in many guilds for different reasons. Instead of adapting the current symbols in creative ways, which is not ideal.

In my guild we for example use the stop symbol to indicate where it's possible to finish building camps with diamonds if the sector is ours.

When we want an early stop we currently write it out as an order in our GBG order thread, but don't activate the stop symbol until we're about to reach 150 if that's our target. So the stop sign it's not there all the way from the beginning.

Last edited:

Gindi4711

Steward
We really need at 3th markering
1. The Fokus sign
2. The old stop sign
3 the Ignore sign

Then the Intruder log vil make sense. As it is now, guild use the ignore sign as stop at 150 (dia lige) and here we only need log for the one who conquered it

The stop sign means "do not attack". If you are using it for another purpose of course the intruder log will not work for you.

For a third "attack this province until 150" marker:
You should ask yourself if it is the intention of Inno the players are attacking only until 150. I see only 2 reasons why you should stop at 150:
a) You are swapping sectors and are working together with the other guild to maximize profit and block other guilds our. That is not the intention of the game
b) You are placing flags on enemy provinces to block enemy guilds and let them waste 150 attacks on their own until you finally take the sector. This is also not the intention of the game and in my opinion as annoying as the sector swapping.

Yes guild swapping sektors are a problem but not all are swapping, some are taking back their sektor i revenge and here would your ide about 3:50 shield from other guilds than the one who stole your sektor be a negative thing. The intruder logging will spam the log

Nobody says you cant take your sector back. It is just that if a 3rd guild is also nearby they get the chance to get it first.
I dont know what spamming the intruder log has to do with shield timers.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
You should ask yourself if it is the intention of Inno the players are attacking only until 150. I see only 2 reasons why you should stop at 150:
a) You are swapping sectors and are working together with the other guild to maximize profit and block other guilds our. That is not the intention of the game
b) You are placing flags on enemy provinces to block enemy guilds and let them waste 150 attacks on their own until you finally take the sector. This is also not the intention of the game and in my opinion as annoying as the sector swapping.
There is another reason:
c) You want to take it at a certain time because of purely strategic reasons. For example take it at a specfic time in order to have a way in later, depending on when other sectors open up. You don't want to fight the long hard way in from the base each time because it's a waste of resources, attrition and simply boring. It has everything to do with the intention of the game.

Wouldnt it make more sense to make buildings in construction/finished visible on the map instead?
Yes, but it doesn't mean there aren't lots of other cases a 3rd symbol would be handy as multiple people have said. If your guild doesn't have a need for a 3rd symbol other than focus and ignore then just don't use it. Simple as that :)

Last edited:

Kreator

Farmer
The stop sign means "do not attack". If you are using it for another purpose of course the intruder log will not work for you.

Nobody says you cant take your sector back. It is just that if a 3rd guild is also nearby they get the chance to get it first.
I dont know what spamming the intruder log has to do with shield timers.
You are talking about: That's not the intention of the game.
Who decides what the intention is?
I think the guilds and the players. Inno just provides some guidelines.

It is the same with plundering, some players are against it, and send PM's every time they get plundered, which can be pretty hilarious. But it is part of the game. If you don't like it, leave the game.

So, guilds are entitled to use the signs as they please. Even if this is the complete opposite of what Inno thinks.

Noname 5.0

Steward
Correctly. If you gather all the strong guilds in one group and force them to play with each other endlessly, then the players will soon burn out and run away from this hell. Among other things, the workload should be reviewed. But that's another story...
I just played a battleground with your worst nightmare 7 guilds 6 of which did nothing because they are small and are tired of getting beat down every battleground by larger guild and want to remain in the platinum league where there it is a lot more equal.
The 80 member guild that was in this battleground ran out of provinces to attack.
That was after day 5 . So what ended up happening was 7 guilds were stuck not wanting too capture any provinces n the larger guild not having any provinces to attack. So we sit right now with nothing happening for the last 5 days.
Right now you have small guilds forced to play endlessly against larger guilds. They have burned out from the hell they face in the diamond league n do nothing while they are there so they can go down a league.

Noname 5.0

Steward
More n more small guilds are adopting this strategy soon you too Owl II will face this kind of battleground.
Which would be better being able to battle against guilds of equal strength or end up with nothing to do for 5 days.
Since I’ve started sitting out the Diamond league we’ve made the mistake of capturing a single province n ended up in second place.
Don’t believe me that this is happening look at the battleground you are in and see how many guilds are sitting your battleground out .

Yekk

Regent
I just played a battleground with your worst nightmare 7 guilds 6 of which did nothing because they are small and are tired of getting beat down every battleground by larger guild and want to remain in the platinum league where there it is a lot more equal.
The 80 member guild that was in this battleground ran out of provinces to attack.
That was after day 5 . So what ended up happening was 7 guilds were stuck not wanting too capture any provinces n the larger guild not having any provinces to attack. So we sit right now with nothing happening for the last 5 days.
Right now you have small guilds forced to play endlessly against larger guilds. They have burned out from the hell they face in the diamond league n do nothing while they are there so they can go down a league.

This is why the HQ needs to be at 48 AF. A small change with big ramifications. I really wish Inno would at least give this a tryout on beta. Such would make a map move, albeit slowly giving rewards that help make the 6 weak guilds players stronger.

Owl II

Emperor
My worst nightmare caught up with me this season on a live server. And every first one has already written to me, "Please do not attack our provinces." Oh, yes, of course! We came here to stand. You are not attacking our provinces. We don't hit yours. We have been standing there for 4 days already. In another case, last season we saw the strongest guild of the top three sitting on the shore under locks next to us and not daring to go beyond the 3rd circle. And do you know what the difference is between us and you? We are not asking not to attack our provinces. We go and attack. if we can. If we can't, we sit of mute.

Last edited:

AGranolaBar

Squire
our guild's last GBG was the same

My worst nightmare caught up with me this season on a live server. And every first one has already written to me, "Please do not attack our provinces." Oh, yes, of course! We came here to stand. You are not attacking our provinces. We don't hit yours. We have been standing there for 4 days already. In another case, last season we saw the strongest guild of the top three sitting on the shore under locks next to us and not daring to go beyond the 3rd circle. And do you know what the difference is between us and you? We are not asking not to attack our provinces. We go and attack. if we can. If we can't, we sit of mute.
Playing GBG in a way that everyone loses just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not seeing this behavior in any of my 5 worlds (4 diamond leagues, 1 platinum). There's varying levels of guild participation but in each instance, at least 2 (and as many as 4) guilds routinely swap sectors. Sometimes the map gets checkerboarded but not always.

Owl II

Emperor
Playing GBG in a way that everyone loses just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not seeing this behavior in any of my 5 worlds (4 diamond leagues, 1 platinum). There's varying levels of guild participation but in each instance, at least 2 (and as many as 4) guilds routinely swap sectors. Sometimes the map gets checkerboarded but not always.
To lose something, you have to acquire it first. 6 out of 7 guilds in our group take one sector for many hours. The seventh is a little more lively. They no longer have the goods for the SC. They no longer have the desire to hit. Provinces stand for hours without locks. This is the diamond league. This is 1000 LP. I haven't seen such a bottom for a year and a half.

They're having a great season, though. We waiting for them until they capture the sector. We left buildings so they can attack. They are covered from a stronger opponent. So it's all right. It's bad only for us: our the statistics of fights are two times lower than usual

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
In the context of "lose" versus "find" you are correct. I meant "lose" as opposed by "win". Not capturing tiles means that nobody is taking advantage of the rewards that GBG offers. Everybody loses.
These are the problems no of match by groups. This is a problem of motivation. Not all players want to stuff FP and statues all day long. Many people are not interested in this. And the guilds have no reason to fight. The fight doesn't make any sense if the first place brings almost the same rewards as the fourth.

Therefore, I am writing for the hundredth time for @Noname 5.0 and his comrades: the problem is not someone does not let you fight. The problem is you don't want to fight

After 1st season I can say for my self. Same old boring GBG. New map does not make new experience. 11 days on and only 3 days off is tiresime and this is even more time demanding than old one.

Good thing is, that new building is improvement over statue of honor (bad thing is, it is not the same size) and also better FP rewards which I fully expect nerfed, because it is ridiculous.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
These are the problems no of match by groups. This is a problem of motivation. Not all players want to stuff FP and statues all day long. Many people are not interested in this. And the guilds have no reason to fight. The fight doesn't make any sense if the first place brings almost the same rewards as the fourth.

Therefore, I am writing for the hundredth time for @Noname 5.0 and his comrades: the problem is not someone does not let you fight. The problem is you don't want to fight

Well there's a mixed bag of problems:

- One is that it's rather pointless to fight as you point to. Precise finishing spot doesn't much matter.
- Another is that it's rather tedious to fight. I am so sick of free fights :p
- And finally there's the problem that the matchmaking moves people so fast that, for some guilds, even if you tried to fight you'd still wind up 7th or 8th after taking 1st in the previous round. So even if fighting for a higher spot mattered, it wouldn't make sense to fight. Just lose this season and fight next one. So you wind up punished by trying in the easy rounds and put into a tough group where it's pointless to try in the harder rounds. This is what noname points to.