• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@drakenridder

To GbG and Mughal you can also add pvp as an example.
It was a regular box with broken tools , they removed it and replaced with a beautifull box and still the same broken tools
At least it's replaced by somewhat usable and functional tools now, regarding the PvP tower. Mughal empire is just fatally flawed and GbG is just an all u can burn time with SC if u have the resources to build them.
What I find the most frustrating is not just the neglection. Sure it's frustrating that the community has raised concerns regarding GbG's flaws in SC being OP as they allow to completely bypass attrition, the unfair vp distribution and the struggles for top guilds and not so top guilds between one another. Not to forget the Mughal empire's gameplay or the hollow promises regarding the heal all button debate. The greatest frustration is that while they don't fixing gameplay problems and major flaws in key elements of the game, more new flawed stuff is rolled out.

That been said. GbG2's artwork is nice and all don't get me wrong. Personally I prefer the volcano as an battleground but that's just personal preference regarding looks. The new GbG building at least brought some att% to the table and branching off with some additional options with the chain ability. This is something I see as an upgrade. Though introducing an additional 9th lvl to choosing an speciality for the SoH would've been better, imho. Introducing a few additional branching off upgrades for the road to victory would surely sealing the deal. Even while it would last shorter than an new building entirely, looking at the elephant in the room (pun intended).
Still all of this boils down to an pretty new box for the same fatally flawed feature. Which is upsetting and concerning. Must've taken resources that could've been used well on fixing the flaws instead of making an shiny new box for it to sell in. Speculative I'm afraid this ain't just problems in the game but symptoms of an dev team lead into working on phantom solutions rather then fixing the problems at their core fundamentals. If I must be brutally honest. I would strongly recommend to just delaying whatever new "amazing" new things are on the agenda and prioritising investigating the brought up solutions for the GbG flaws and starting to test run and implementing them into Beta to let the community have a few test runs with it. Looking for bugs and unintended side effects. After that running a few live tests on a few servers for an larger test group. At the very least if this is actually already ongoing please correct me on my concerns. None of this is meant to be mean or anything. Just meant to be constructive critical to hopefully seeing at last an shift in where stuff is heading now: community is played out with this toy? Fine here is the same toy in an shiny new box.

Sibel

Merchant
Remarks in view of the SoH and Great Elephant:

I am irritated that event buildings have 10 or even more levels, whereas a long term building like the SoH has just 8. InnoGames knows that there are always people asking for additional levels of the SoH, so, why making the same mistake again and reducing the amount of fragments, you receive, instead of increasing the number of possible levels in combination with a really slow increase of rewards towards the end? Thus, a broken tool in a new colourful, beautiful box.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think, perhaps wrongly, that the GBG would have more enthusiasm if:
- integrate the number of actions carried out in 2 (or 4, with the phenomenon of card alternation) preceding GBG instead of the current LP to define leagues up and down.
- limit the number of guilds in each league to a defined number (example: 36 in diamonds, 72 in platinum, 144 in gold, ...)
- limit 6 guilds per GBG
- each HQ has 2 slots (even if it means removing 12 slots from the rest of the map)
- decrease the% of individual rewards in all leagues except in diamonds, to encourage them to improve their guild.
- increase the guild rewards (earnings at the end of the GBG) to restore its nobility to the GBG!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
sorry, owl II, either my english is poor or yours, because you don't seem to get my message.

Do you want to add 2 slots for yourself, but take away 14? A strange idea.
because the number of building spaces is fixed from one map to another.

And these rewards should be visible in the guild rankings
it is visible for each league even after the end of the GBG.

Owl II

Emperor
sorry, owl II, either my english is poor or yours, because you don't seem to get my message.
because the number of building spaces is fixed from one map to another.
You wrote literally "removing 12 slots" Ok, 12, not 14. It's strange to put it mildly. And yes, amount of slots was different on the old map from season to season. I'm sure that it will be on the new map as well. This does not change the essence of your suggestion. What task will you solve by removing 12 slots? Indirect nerf of SC? Isn't it easier to do it directly?
it is visible for each league even after the end of the GBG.
Who cares about every league if everyone plays in one?

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
sincerely sorry, owl ii, i don't understand anything anymore. My English is not sufficient to continue with your questions.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Could you please elaborate, where we lied?
For example: If I don't tell you, that I am male, did I also lie to you in any form?

To hide reality is to lie.
Your question is the typical question of the chronic liars, and what has forced me to send you this answer.

Yekk

Viceroy
For the negative feedback in general in the forums: You all have to consider, that mostly the high developed players write in the forum (in the beta forum especially). This of course gives a perspective of the most active users, but not the majority of players. I don't want to say, that your feedback in the forum does not matter, but what I want to tell is, that this is not the only source of feedback.
Of course I try to forward your feedback as accurately as possible! :)

Under developed players are shut out of the guilds that can fight in GBG... The new map makes this worse not better. To get into the better guilds requires a developed city. To get into the best GBG guilds requires a high level Arc AND only a handful of certain ages. Most of the requests asked for help Inno...will increase diamond sales... are needed... When you disparage the developed players you do not make your case. You do make ours.

Yekk

Viceroy
This is the key point. I can get all these 12 slots now, but it will be taken away from me if we place these slots into HQ. HQ cannot be conquered. Isn't that a nerf?

The answer then is to keep non HQ slots the same then But add 2 slots to each of the six HQ's. Your guild is a power guild but my guess is you get leagues with guilds that can not build much if at all. Such maps flip very little. In some areas not at all. This increases cap speed for weaker guilds. You will in such leagues get more encounters in those areas. Guilds that compete still will want to work flip deals. Guilds you are at war with will have to be more opportunities to get out but that goes for your guild also if stuffed. Almost all top end leagues will see no changes. All other leagues see a gain including the weaker diamond guilds.

Owl II

Emperor
The answer then is to keep non HQ slots the same then But add 2 slots to each of the six HQ's. Your guild is a power guild but my guess is you get leagues with guilds that can not build much if at all. Such maps flip very little. In some areas not at all. This increases cap speed for weaker guilds. You will in such leagues get more encounters in those areas. Guilds that compete still will want to work flip deals. Guilds you are at war with will have to be more opportunities to get out but that goes for your guild also if stuffed. Almost all top end leagues will see no changes. All other leagues see a gain including the weaker diamond guilds.
Technically, my guild is not at the top of the "food chain". We had seasons in groups with 2-3 tops, when we broke into the center only 2 times in 10 days. I don't see how the camps in HQ will help me such a season. But that's not the point. We need to divide the strong and weak guilds into different groups. But you offer a way to leave it. Too little too late. Сompress for the dead, we say

Yekk

Viceroy
Technically, my guild is not at the top of the "food chain". We had seasons in groups with 2-3 tops, when we broke into the center only 2 times in 10 days. I don't see how the camps in HQ will help me such a season. But that's not the point. We need to divide the strong and weak guilds into different groups. But you offer a way to leave it. Too little too late. Сompress for the dead, we say

That has been asked for also and I agree the current system is fatally flawed. For 2 years we have said that with no recourse. It has made the dysfunction we all see. The original promise was that only a small percentage of active guilds would make Diamond but was flawed by a system without zero sum included. Now most active guilds make diamond...

Ironrooster

Baronet
I think, perhaps wrongly, that the GBG would have more enthusiasm if:
- integrate the number of actions carried out in 2 (or 4, with the phenomenon of card alternation) preceding GBG instead of the current LP to define leagues up and down.
- limit the number of guilds in each league to a defined number (example: 36 in diamonds, 72 in platinum, 144 in gold, ...)
- limit 6 guilds per GBG
- each HQ has 2 slots (even if it means removing 12 slots from the rest of the map)
- decrease the% of individual rewards in all leagues except in diamonds, to encourage them to improve their guild.
- increase the guild rewards (earnings at the end of the GBG) to restore its nobility to the GBG!
I think this would cause fewer people to play. Already a lot of people don't play and reducing rewards will make more people say it's not worth it.

All the problems this thread (and others) present are not a problem for most people. On one of my worlds, my solo guild routinely plays in Gold and doesn't have any problems.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think this would cause fewer people to play. Already a lot of people don't play and reducing rewards will make more people say it's not worth it.

All the problems this thread (and others) present are not a problem for most people. On one of my worlds, my solo guild routinely plays in Gold and doesn't have any problems.

Indeed, from copper to low-platinum, the systems work just fine - largely because guilds don't have enough power to dominate an entire map to the exclusion of other guilds.

From high platinum to diamond there's issues. Some innate (that there's so many guilds at 1000-diamond creating a complete lack of parity), others player-created but still up to designers to discourage (that guilds actively try to lose to not reach 1000 in the first place thus promoting guilds that belong even-less to 1000 instead).

It is however not a small number of guilds this impacts - roughly the most active quarter of guilds (=150ish guilds per world) - which likely includes the majority of big spenders.

Some of the suggestions have been meant to ameliorate the experience for guilds in a bad spot (2 sieges in HQ = at least it's a slightly less miserable season in your HQ - and you might have a bit more attrition when you do get out to do something more and try to get established).

Some of the suggestions are attempts to correct the issue in the first place (alterations to the ranking that may or may not help, end to attrition-free fights in various ways so that maybe diamond guilds would run out of attrition like those lower leagues do and have to make decisions as to what's worth it to hit or not).

And a few of the suggestions are attempts to alter the incentives to change behavior (more rewards at round end, less rewards for fighting - so that perhaps farming alliances would be discouraged - I suspect this wouldn't help too much at 1000 - they might swap sectors less frequently, but they'd still form alliances to lock people out - but it might help with the sandbaggers sending even weaker guilds up in their place if the yoyo was preferable over a stream of 4ths and 5ths in lower groups.

The impact of such changes on the lowest groups should of course be considered - but most of them would not be negative.

- Lower groups mostly don't build buildings much anyways - so changes in building slots are not huge there
- Lower groups mostly don't build buildings to get attrition-free fights anyways - so again, not much of an impact
- Changes to the ranking might bump you down a league, which you might not be happy about - but competition-wise, it'd be the same for you. And it might be necessary to spread out those "top" 150ish guilds across a wider spectrum.

You would think the goal would be to keep top guilds/players fully engaged.
Nerfing the rewards will do the exact opposite. It seems Inno really wants to kill this game
This entire year (with the exception of the Castle System) does exactly that.
But even on the castle they add the useless exclamation point, which should only appear when a player needs to collect the rewards... Duh!

Nerfing the rewards will do the exact opposite.
I don't think so... doing fight with 1500% and 0 attrition cost 0 on GBG, inno could reduice rewards if i win 1FP on 1 fight over 10 and that cost me 0 i will go to GBG.

Players make the cost / win ratio, as long as the ratio is in favor of the winnings they are playing. I would even say that, on the contrary, the lower the cost / gain ratio, the more it gives a new management aspect which is much more interesting than "I click I win, I click I win"

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
The building slots in the center are reduced, compared to four weeks ago. 4 x 2 slots instead of 3 x 3 slots and 1 x 2 slots. Is this another surprise change?