• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The overwhelming use of Store Building was did away with years ago with the Recon Mode right, thats where most Store Buildings were initially used.
I agree there may be a use here or there for them, but no where near what they used to be.

Spec Buildings have traditionally been "either or" options, like AB/AA vs DB/AA, so that's why I suggested earlier to make to make it one-up kit frag vs Reno Frag. removing the Store building frag. Honestly, i really dont care if its Reno frag , just shouldn't be a Store building frag.

So if the fighter stats stay the same with both having AB/AA you will have more players on Live servers choosing the building with the One-up kit frag and the higher FP's cause those two combo's fit players aging up faster and better, than more Goods and Store bldg.
He's talking about an alternate extreme-use scenario where each day you:

1) Collect your event buildings
2) Store an appropriately sized event building
3) Build a barracks for your traz
4) Collect your traz
5) Sell the barracks for your traz
6) Rebuild the event building

Basically for the cost of 1 store building a day you gain an extra event building. Which is pretty extreme, but certainly would consume a lot of them if you were so inclined.

GateKeeper

Baronet
He's talking about an alternate extreme-use scenario where each day you:

1) Collect your event buildings
2) Store an appropriately sized event building
3) Build a barracks for your traz
4) Collect your traz
5) Sell the barracks for your traz
6) Rebuild the event building

Basically for the cost of 1 store building a day you gain an extra event building. Which is pretty extreme, but certainly would consume a lot of them if you were so inclined.
yea i get that, but 1 store frag/30 days wont help that as much as a 1 reno frag/30 days would help them, cause every age take longer than that to complete. so they might be 60 kits by that time = 2 Reno. thats all I'm trying to say

but hey either way doesn't affect me none I was thinking of early on players getting more bang for there buck. I'm more the excited about the building with the One-up kit, FP, and the AB.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
yea i get that, but 1 store frag/30 days wont help that as much as a 1 reno frag/30 days would help them, cause every age take longer than that to complete. so they might be 60 kits by that time = 2 Reno. thats all I'm trying to say

but hey either way doesn't affect me none I was thinking of early on players getting more bang for there buck. I'm more the excited about the building with the One-up kit, FP, and the AB.
I'm not exactly excited by it, but it seems fine. And agree on 9 FP+1 up being the winner over 20 Goods+store in the majority of situations (though 1 store a month vs 1 1-up a month would not be a deciding factor for me - i.e. if they were reversed I'd still probably take the 9 FP in the majority of situations).

Owl II

Emperor
Actually they do, @Juber confirmed that they do work on synthesisers of special space age goods:

Sure they don't work on the ports, nor on the exploration sides but they do work on the special goods synthesisers. From which I think is a rare use case for age rushing. As you can use AI and BG with this item on a few synthesisers when you're rushing through the space ages. As the goods rush also applies on them, you could skip 2d productions with them, instantly finishing it and maybe getting an 6x buff on it thanks to AI and BG. Significantly accelerating the proces of space age rushing. As otherwise you had to grind for ages in each space age. Though personally I think it'll also take a lot of time to stacking up a sufficient number of the goods rushes, as it'll take 150frag of each. Meaning for young cities it might be a long term viable goal for some sort of endgame sprint.

E.G. 2d prod = 60 basis x 10 synthesisers (maximum possible supported by AI) = 600 special goods / instant goods.
Assuming you're AI has an near 50% chance for 4x buff but underperformed and averages out at 40% and assuming you're BG does the same;
600 x 0,4 = 240 special goods x 6 (the BG + AI multiplier bonus) = 1.440 specials + (600 x 0,6 (the other 60% of you're base production that isn't buffed) = )360 special = 1.800 special goods / day / instant goods item.
SAAB = 11,5k mars ore
11,5k / 1,8k average/day = <7d
SAV = 11k total prev. Space age special goods
11k / 1,8k average/day = <7d
SAJM = total prev. Space age special goods 13,4k
13,4K / 1,8k = <7,5d
Total: 21-22d through rushes to get from SAM through the end of SAJM assuming you've stockpiled fps, obtained all goods needed through quests (high lvl CF) and managed to collect rapidly current age special goods. So, in total you'll need 22 instant rush goods to be on the safe end with high lvl AI and BG with less then average luck on the buffs and consistently 10 synthesisers and a sufficient coins/supplies stockpile to complete the rush and completed the cmap till SAJM while camping in SAM.

In short, with 22 goods rushes, the right early preparations and planning, you'll theoretically able to rush from SAM to Titan within 22 days. Which is a fairly impressive achievement imho. Especially considering special goods and using otherwise hard to use options.
All these are some rare and unique situations for some rare and unique people. Special people. But the bulk of the players play differently most of the time. Don't we have enough junk in the rewards? It is need to supplement it with new one?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
All these are some rare and unique situations for some rare and unique people. Special people. But the bulk of the players play differently most of the time. Don't we have enough junk in the rewards? It is need to supplement it with new one?
Does it really matter which color the junk comes in to you? There's likely a quite substantial number of players to whom a "finish goods production" item is "interesting" - maybe even more than find it uninteresting :p Take a look at some hoods - especially lower age ones - the bottom half of them do not play like you envision. Some of the junk items can exist to make them happy.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Personal opinion: fragments and blueprints should not be daily...
I switched out the daily of the Goods frag one, we all see that only be beneficial to new/early players, so I switched out and got the frag one for the Event Building. So I played until I won two dailies, and tried it, had dozens of buildings to choose from of course.

So I really only see one reason to use that in regards to the advance d players is to use your best Event Building in the "BG doubler" chance.

For the new/early players, its essentially a guaranteed "BG doubler" right, So its not a terrible item, but @Juber , after this event, will this frag item be in every event moving forward as a daily?

Owl II

Emperor
K0Y3B.png

Owl II

Emperor
Does it really matter which color the junk comes in to you? There's likely a quite substantial number of players to whom a "finish goods production" item is "interesting" - maybe even more than find it uninteresting :p Take a look at some hoods - especially lower age ones - the bottom half of them do not play like you envision. Some of the junk items can exist to make them happy.
Read above: I did it yesterday. "Some" - no more than five out of 80. And looking at their cities, it's hard to assume that they open a window of events more than twice a year. Oh yes, everything is for them! All the efforts of artists. We won't even remember about the other now

My only complaint about the junk is that it falls on top of the rest of the inventory. When (or if) a discrete dump is made for it, it will be fine

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Switched from 10 Frags of finish event production, ... and got 10 frags of finish event production.
Could we kinldy request that switching a DS actually switches it? ;)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Switched from 10 Frags of finish event production, ... and got 10 frags of finish event production.
Could we kinldy request that switching a DS actually switches it? ;)
This is not possible. Did you maybe have 15 fragments before or the other item?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agreed with you that this is a very special case but this is really the only way I can see any reasonable use for this item in space ages. Speculative the item might just exist for the sake of completion for instant completion any production except GB's.

Owl II

Emperor
I agreed with you that this is a very special case but this is really the only way I can see any reasonable use for this item in space ages. Speculative the item might just exist for the sake of completion for instant completion any production except GB's.
It is sad. Gamedesigners work for some unique and special cases, but refuse to create content for ordinary players. For those who play events. They could make this item work on a sleigh builder or TF when the production of goods is launched there. They could allow its use in space colonies. Why not? I don't have an answer

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Store Building may be undervalued.
If you have plenty of them to be used 1-2 every single day,
You would be able to place army building only when collecting traz,
and have something else regularly, like 2 winner's plazas (L2) = +30% attack.
If you are OK to collect your traz only every 24h, you can place FP producers as well.

But honestly, 1 store building fragment (1/30) per day seems nothing to me,
not because store building is weak, but because the amount isn't enough for using it regularly.
That seems like a lot of work to do daily. lol

The only time I use store buildings now is during events when I need to gain happiness. I put down my Necropolis, let it finish, and then pick it back up.

Jubilee

Merchant
I do place my two goods buildings down with resources with each age. So the new finish production of Goods will be very welcome. Yet to try it out. I assume it only is for Goods Buildings not any of the special blds that provide only goods. That would be super but I am happy if it does the above. Cheers