• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
it's useless
For the space ages saga, bummer. Wonder if special goods synthesisers in the main city are also considered goods buildings. Would make AI-core BG combination exceptionally strong to stack up large previous Space Ages' special goods. Them together can hypothetically give a 2x bg + 4x = 6x special goods production in combination with rushes you could get stocked for all space ages with 1-2 special goods building after SA:M. Though their limited use and lacking any AF+ feature making them desirable making large special goods stocks' usage questionable. As after the specific case I've described, their usage drops to next to nothing.
There had been some potential in those new goods rush items. Though the other rush items are useful but are kind of completing all the potential decent future rush items. As hypothetical over time a player could rush everything in the future. Especially with the new wave of fragment producing event buildings.
Though I'll be mostly looking forward for a main chain building that produces fragments for selection kits for buildings that can be linked into the chain. It would be the first self expending or improving building. Even though additional ones will be locked behind at least €15-18 paywall.

Really? maybe this one? Or this one? Once a player has survived the first month of infancy, he knows how to usefully spend a precious place in his city. And here comes Inno with his magical innovations
I have no clue what you're talking about. You asked "who builds goods buildings from the build menu", and I answered you. Early era players build goods buildings. You did, I did, we all did. Eventually, they were replaced by event buildings or GBs but not within the "first month of infancy".

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Disappointed to not see any Pergola upgrade kits in the Bowl Prizes track. Why put the main building up there for the Winter event but then take it out again for this event?

D-Best

Squire
Also. @Juber, there is something wrong with the epic selection kit. One part of the set is switched with another. And the upgrade for Colossus comes after the set parts, not before as I hope it's intended.

1669304202404.png

Owl II

Emperor
For the space ages saga, bummer. Wonder if special goods synthesisers in the main city are also considered goods buildings. Would make AI-core BG combination exceptionally strong to stack up large previous Space Ages' special goods. Them together can hypothetically give a 2x bg + 4x = 6x special goods production in combination with rushes you could get stocked for all space ages with 1-2 special goods building after SA:M. Though their limited use and lacking any AF+ feature making them desirable making large special goods stocks' usage questionable. As after the specific case I've described, their usage drops to next to nothing.
There had been some potential in those new goods rush items. Though the other rush items are useful but are kind of completing all the potential decent future rush items. As hypothetical over time a player could rush everything in the future. Especially with the new wave of fragment producing event buildings.
Though I'll be mostly looking forward for a main chain building that produces fragments for selection kits for buildings that can be linked into the chain. It would be the first self expending or improving building. Even though additional ones will be locked behind at least €15-18 paywall.
What does special goods have to do with it? I wrote about a item that completes the production of ordinary goods. Go through your neighbors. How many synthesizers will you find producing goods from previous ages? Found it? Congratulations, you are very lucky. I guarantee that this unique person will leave all his business and run to win items for finish goods for his cute synthesizers

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I wanted to write that the main building is amazing and that this is one of the rare events in which the work of artists has not been wasted. But then I found this useless innovation..:oops:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What does special goods have to do with it? I wrote about a subject that completes the production of ordinary goods. Go through your neighbors. How many synthesizers will you find producing goods from previous ages? Found it? Congratulations, you are very lucky. I guarantee that this unique person will leave all his business and run to win items for finish goods for his cute synthesizers
I've specifically quoted your "it's useless" sentence with the addition of for the space age saga. Yes, it is useless for space ages in general though there is a rare exception: space age rush. Theoretically you could effectively using AI, BG and special rushes to stack up rapidly on special goods post SA:M. Instead of grinding Mars ore and other current age specials. Especially if you've conquered the cmap in advance. Using just 1-2 of those almost never used special goods buildings. Saving space and time. It has to do with the very selective only useful-ish case for the goods rush items in space ages: rushing it a bit faster. That's the only thing they have to do with it.
Truth be told though. With 150 frag for 1, I only see this as viable for early-ish players that can stack up a meaningful amount for this specific use. As annually a new copy paste space age is added, it should still be possible for the moment but getting increasingly more difficult with each year.

zookeepers

Marquis
Store Building may be undervalued.
If you have plenty of them to be used 1-2 every single day,
You would be able to place army building only when collecting traz,
and have something else regularly, like 2 winner's plazas (L2) = +30% attack.
If you are OK to collect your traz only every 24h, you can place FP producers as well.

But honestly, 1 store building fragment (1/30) per day seems nothing to me,
not because store building is weak, but because the amount isn't enough for using it regularly.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well but only because its true.

Lets go backwards here:

Winter & Forge Bowl both either cut down the FP or the Goods Massively
Tarot Card Caravan (with attackboost) had 35 Previous - 17,5 Current goods = 0.875 Goods + 1% Attack per tile
Sunflower Oil Press (with no Attack/defenseboost) had 34 Goods = 1,4 Goods/Tile
Privateer's Boatshouse (With Defense boost) had 20 Goods = 1,1 Goods + ~1% defense for attackers per tile
Fellowship & Wildlife didn't have any goods at all but massive army boosts
Celtc Farmstead (with Attackboost) had 25 Goods = 0.8 Goods+ 0,6 attack per tile
Fiore Village (with defense boost) hab 33 Goods = 1,375 Goods + 1,16 defense for attackers per tile

Now compare that to older eventbuildings that dont have army boost at all:
Moose Mountain 1,3 Goods + 1,7% suppliy boost per tile
Golden Fields 1,25 Goods + 1,7% supply boost per tile
Terracotta Vineyard 1,2 Goods + 1,7% supply boost per tile
Suishun Mill 1,25 Goods + 1,65% supply boost per tile

As you see, standalone buildings with attack boost never make it above 1.0/tile, buildings with defense for attacking army sometimes do, while buildings without any army boost always get above 1.0, mostly paired with supply boost instead - I'd bet you they could be well above 1.5 if they'd also cut down the supply boosts given.

So, Attackboost% (Or any % Boost given) DOES cut down the other boosts - which sucks, as long as I am forced to take a percentage boost I neither need nor want in Order to get another boost I DO need cut down. Which was the reason for me to neither build the great Elephant (which even got announced to have a 'traders variant' that I'm still searching for) nor the Tarot Card Caravan, and will also be the reason for me to neiter build the Chocolatery nor the Pergola, because they would force me more boosts I dont want while cutting down the boosts i would need for my Playstyle.
35 previous is not = 17.5 current... I'd have a hard time making 1:2 trades down 1 age indefinitely (you may be able to clear a few, but not so many to negotiate as much as current age production allows). I often leave some goods building in previous age just to cover ongoing needs - tarot caravan does the same in current age.

Sunflower Oil Press had +3 units which would've been worth some boost if replaced.

Winter and Forge Bowl could be viewed as emphasizing one side or the other instead of cutting it down (it does for instance offer more FP than other 4x6s in its FP variant - the goods, well they hate giving good goods production :p seem to overvalue it relative to FP)

As for what you'll not build, if your city is fully developed, we all experience that - whether we want attack boosts or not - new buildings aren't always winners compared to old buildings. And not every event will have an "old favorite" that you want another one of. For my most developed attack cities I think there's now 3 events a year I really care about - Wildlife, Fall, and Winter (from just this year's addition). You see buildings everywhere with attack boost and blame it for taking away potential goods. I see buildings with lackluster efficiency of those boosts that are mostly good for starting up a new city.

If you have open space not being used on event buildings though you're silly for not building something just because it's not perfectly what you want. i.e. an attacker doesn't build "only the best" attack boost at the start - that'd slow their development - they build *any* attack boost AND *any* FP production until their city's full and then they start getting picky - just like you. An Abandoned Asylum is just as much filler for an attacker as it is filler for you these days. But it is 25 goods a day that also makes 11 FP and worth building for a trader until they have space for something better.

Edit: incidentally my list of spammable building efficiencies if zeroing out all military bonuses:

1) Statue of Honor - resting on T-Goods, if you felt that should be zeroed out too
2) Jade Statue - it'd be kinda nice to have an "ideal" building be one of the settlement repeatables; but for an attacker they're at best filler.
3) Art Exhibition (so any event where you can make antique dealer currency could be considered a + so you can dominate the auctions when it comes up - i hear stage of ages sell *really* well and are in most every event these days)
4) Moose Reserve (and Eagle Reserve tops the list including military)
5) Elephant's Royalty - resting on T-Goods, if you felt that should be zeroed out too
6) Butterfly Double-Set (and this particular layout wasn't optimized for FP/goods so maybe it could be better)
7) Fiore Village (it's an overvalue building in general because they added FP late, on live, without removing anything, and resting on T-Goods to some extent)
8) Suishun Mill
9) Tarot Card Caravan (has attack boost) (though with your ill-treatment of previous era goods, you apparently consider it lower)
10) Terracotta Vineyard
11) Crow's Nest
12) Athlon Abbey
13) Fall Fields, FP/goods-edition (Sunflower-Triplet-Wheat-Triplet-Sunflower with roads 12 apart; Each triplet is a mix of 2 and 1 begonia bench/autumn scarecrow can be either 30 goods + 5 FP or 15 goods + 10 FP)
14) Druid Temple (has defense boost)
15) Minaret
16) Sunflower Press (has military units)
17) Great Wheel (has attack boost)
18) Golden Crops
19) Hippodrome Carceres (has defense boost)
20) Gentiana Windmill
21) Buccaneer's Boathouse (has attack boost)
22) Leukoi Track w/ BG support (Venetoi not far behind)

I only went that far down because I wanted to hit the first chain w/BG buildings which really only shine if you're going completely 1-dimensional (not FP and goods but FP or goods). The only event I notice missing in that list *is* winter event - but winter event has had some stinkers of a prize most years so it's a little behind in competitive grand prize offerings (Canal was finally something so-so; Chocolate factory is finally something good).

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I've specifically quoted your "it's useless" sentence with the addition of for the space age saga. Yes, it is useless for space ages in general though there is a rare exception: space age rush. Theoretically you could effectively using AI, BG and special rushes to stack up rapidly on special goods post SA:M. Instead of grinding Mars ore and other current age specials. Especially if you've conquered the cmap in advance. Using just 1-2 of those almost never used special goods buildings. Saving space and time. It has to do with the very selective only useful-ish case for the goods rush items in space ages: rushing it a bit faster. That's the only thing they have to do with it.
Truth be told though. With 150 frag for 1, I only see this as viable for early-ish players that can stack up a meaningful amount for this specific use. As annually a new copy paste space age is added, it should still be possible for the moment but getting increasingly more difficult with each year.
The item I was talking about does not apply to special goods :) For special goods there is another

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
how should I use this magic item to finish goods production if it does not work on any of the buildings?
The item I was talking about does not apply to special goods :) For special goods there is another
Actually they do, @Juber confirmed that they do work on synthesisers of special space age goods:
Wonder if special goods synthesisers in the main city are also considered goods buildings.
Yes, they can also be finished with this item.
Sure they don't work on the ports, nor on the exploration sides but they do work on the special goods synthesisers. From which I think is a rare use case for age rushing. As you can use AI and BG with this item on a few synthesisers when you're rushing through the space ages. As the goods rush also applies on them, you could skip 2d productions with them, instantly finishing it and maybe getting an 6x buff on it thanks to AI and BG. Significantly accelerating the proces of space age rushing. As otherwise you had to grind for ages in each space age. Though personally I think it'll also take a lot of time to stacking up a sufficient number of the goods rushes, as it'll take 150frag of each. Meaning for young cities it might be a long term viable goal for some sort of endgame sprint.

E.G. 2d prod = 60 basis x 10 synthesisers (maximum possible supported by AI) = 600 special goods / instant goods.
Assuming you're AI has an near 50% chance for 4x buff but underperformed and averages out at 40% and assuming you're BG does the same;
600 x 0,4 = 240 special goods x 6 (the BG + AI multiplier bonus) = 1.440 specials + (600 x 0,6 (the other 60% of you're base production that isn't buffed) = )360 special = 1.800 special goods / day / instant goods item.
SAAB = 11,5k mars ore
11,5k / 1,8k average/day = <7d
SAV = 11k total prev. Space age special goods
11k / 1,8k average/day = <7d
SAJM = total prev. Space age special goods 13,4k
13,4K / 1,8k = <7,5d
Total: 21-22d through rushes to get from SAM through the end of SAJM assuming you've stockpiled fps, obtained all goods needed through quests (high lvl CF) and managed to collect rapidly current age special goods. So, in total you'll need 22 instant rush goods to be on the safe end with high lvl AI and BG with less then average luck on the buffs and consistently 10 synthesisers and a sufficient coins/supplies stockpile to complete the rush and completed the cmap till SAJM while camping in SAM.

In short, with 22 goods rushes, the right early preparations and planning, you'll theoretically able to rush from SAM to Titan within 22 days. Which is a fairly impressive achievement imho. Especially considering special goods and using otherwise hard to use options.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Store Building may be undervalued.
If you have plenty of them to be used 1-2 every single day,
You would be able to place army building only when collecting traz,
and have something else regularly, like 2 winner's plazas (L2) = +30% attack.
If you are OK to collect your traz only every 24h, you can place FP producers as well.

But honestly, 1 store building fragment (1/30) per day seems nothing to me,
not because store building is weak, but because the amount isn't enough for using it regularly.
The overwhelming use of Store Building was did away with years ago with the Recon Mode right, thats where most Store Buildings were initially used.
I agree there may be a use here or there for them, but no where near what they used to be.

Spec Buildings have traditionally been "either or" options, like AB/AA vs DB/AA, so that's why I suggested earlier to make to make it one-up kit frag vs Reno Frag. removing the Store building frag. Honestly, i really dont care if its Reno frag , just shouldn't be a Store building frag.

So if the fighter stats stay the same with both having AB/AA you will have more players on Live servers choosing the building with the One-up kit frag and the higher FP's cause those two combo's fit players aging up faster and better, than more Goods and Store bldg.