• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As like winter event, 98% of players will build pergola bristo, like it happened with ketebo candy.
If you give us two options that makes us to choose between goods or fp, people will choose fp.
Remember that gamers here have the priorities very well defined, acording with the priorities of the game. 1st army attack boost; 2nd fp. The rest of elements doesnt matter.
So, the bonuses for the event building are bad developed. Pergola pizzeria is horrible agaisnt pergola bristo.
Winter buildings were very well balanced - I'll do attack & goods (Ted's Choc) on at least 1 world on live, a couple others on the fence. One of the few multichoice buildings that leaves me thinking I might want either depending on situation.

Will have to see on these ones - it's odd that they're both attack for attacking army instead of one attack and one defense for attacking army. Makes it harder to believe that it'll be a tough choice if it's only between FP and goods (they never seem to offer enough goods when it's that tradeoff alone).

GateKeeper

Baronet
I like this event with what's new in this game, but I have a proposal for the second building variant (Pergola Bistro) that instead of 25% attack percentage for attack units I would like 32% defense percentage for units of attack, do you think such a thing could be possible?
I reason that there are few buildings that could give something like that, which is why I request this change.
Thank you!
I like that idea... but first before the change, there is 1 very glaring major difference between the two:
Store Building frag vs One-Up Kit Frag! now yes this is knit picking, but honestly everything else sounds pretty dang good lol so this is where I'm at!

A Store building frag just is blah, but a one-up kit frag is well an item that 85% of all players actually need.

So in glorious conclusion, I say let them eat cake! and replace the Store Frag with RENO FRAG.....boom! You can change the fighter stats if you like, but if everything stays the same, right now you will have Pergola Bistro overload being planted. cause like I said, most players will choose it for the one-kit and the extra FP's. You throw a Reno Kit frag in there instead, and you pretty much got a 50/50 split between the buildings, and it just comes down to player preference Goods or FPs.

So far this looks like the best event announcement since....well... hmmm... its been a while ;)

Every event has an assortment of prizes of interest these days to varying players' priorities when you include the daily specials.

Honestly, I don't really feel like that. As a player playing for Goods and Negotiations i abandoned Halloween early on since it has lots of Attackboost buildings but little to none strong buildings that gives lot of Goods. Because on most of them either the Goods or the FP part got lowered a bit to get that Attackboost on. Winter and now Forge Bowl are only making that worse by now cutting out one of them even more in their Variants, while Winter is also cutting out the Sleigh Builders, which would have been my go-to daily price.

So, where I usually ended up charging Diamonds once per Event, I didn't spent anything at all on halloween, neither will I on WInter. Simply because there weren't any daily prices I really wanted to have.

So i'm currently hoping that Forge Bowl will at least have the Vineyard as a Daily special, to get one for my fresh City and to extend some Fields in my main world. And I don't think im gonna build the main building in either one of them, at most maybe in the new City, and there only to hopefully get Swapped out for Something better soon.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly, I don't really feel like that. As a player playing for Goods and Negotiations i abandoned Halloween early on since it has lots of Attackboost buildings but little to none strong buildings that gives lot of Goods. Because on most of them either the Goods or the FP part got lowered a bit to get that Attackboost on. Winter and now Forge Bowl are only making that worse by now cutting out one of them even more in their Variants, while Winter is also cutting out the Sleigh Builders, which would have been my go-to daily price.

So, where I usually ended up charging Diamonds once per Event, I didn't spent anything at all on halloween, neither will I on WInter. Simply because there weren't any daily prices I really wanted to have.

So i'm currently hoping that Forge Bowl will at least have the Vineyard as a Daily special, to get one for my fresh City and to extend some Fields in my main world. And I don't think im gonna build the main building in either one of them, at most maybe in the new City, and there only to hopefully get Swapped out for Something better soon.
I think you focus too much on the concept that attack boost is taking away something, when often the "best" buildings have lots of everything.

If goods are really all you want then you're somewhat at the whim of them not having wanted to increase that in some time - sleigh builders remain the most efficient spammable goods producers in the game other than a couple blue galaxy-doubled chains (which are only slightly ahead).

Amongst multipurpose buildings that make FP too, Tarot Caravan from this halloween was one of the better ones hitting 64% efficiency on both FP and goods.

CrashBoom

Legend
so one "finish all event buildings" is completed at 1760 yards in the event pass
and one a full "finish one event building" at 240 in event pass

but the only finish tool in the grand prize is one free "finish one goods building" at the start

I think you focus too much on the concept that attack boost is taking away something, when often the "best" buildings have lots of everything.

If goods are really all you want then you're somewhat at the whim of them not having wanted to increase that in some time - sleigh builders remain the most efficient spammable goods producers in the game other than a couple blue galaxy-doubled chains (which are only slightly ahead).

Amongst multipurpose buildings that make FP too, Tarot Caravan from this halloween was one of the better ones hitting 64% efficiency on both FP and goods.

Well but only because its true.

Lets go backwards here:

Winter & Forge Bowl both either cut down the FP or the Goods Massively
Tarot Card Caravan (with attackboost) had 35 Previous - 17,5 Current goods = 0.875 Goods + 1% Attack per tile
Sunflower Oil Press (with no Attack/defenseboost) had 34 Goods = 1,4 Goods/Tile
Privateer's Boatshouse (With Defense boost) had 20 Goods = 1,1 Goods + ~1% defense for attackers per tile
Fellowship & Wildlife didn't have any goods at all but massive army boosts
Celtc Farmstead (with Attackboost) had 25 Goods = 0.8 Goods+ 0,6 attack per tile
Fiore Village (with defense boost) hab 33 Goods = 1,375 Goods + 1,16 defense for attackers per tile

Now compare that to older eventbuildings that dont have army boost at all:
Moose Mountain 1,3 Goods + 1,7% suppliy boost per tile
Golden Fields 1,25 Goods + 1,7% supply boost per tile
Terracotta Vineyard 1,2 Goods + 1,7% supply boost per tile
Suishun Mill 1,25 Goods + 1,65% supply boost per tile

As you see, standalone buildings with attack boost never make it above 1.0/tile, buildings with defense for attacking army sometimes do, while buildings without any army boost always get above 1.0, mostly paired with supply boost instead - I'd bet you they could be well above 1.5 if they'd also cut down the supply boosts given.

So, Attackboost% (Or any % Boost given) DOES cut down the other boosts - which sucks, as long as I am forced to take a percentage boost I neither need nor want in Order to get another boost I DO need cut down. Which was the reason for me to neither build the great Elephant (which even got announced to have a 'traders variant' that I'm still searching for) nor the Tarot Card Caravan, and will also be the reason for me to neiter build the Chocolatery nor the Pergola, because they would force me more boosts I dont want while cutting down the boosts i would need for my Playstyle.

Owl II

Emperor
Still, I wonder when they will stop introducing items into the game that are useless from the moment they were created? Come on, come on, tell me, how should I use this magic item to finish goods production if it does not work on any of the buildings? Who builds goods buildings from the building menu? For whom is this done at all?:mad::mad::mad:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber, you said that in Beta server event pass will be only with diamonds...
View attachment 8658
Most disturbing besides the transition from freemium to P2W feature is, at Beta you're usually offered 50% off the normal prices cause it's Beta. Oddly enough this is not applied here, nor on FoE+.
Also, welcome to my world, where you're one of the victims of the gradual change from freemium game to payed game. Where you're part of the involuntary "testers" for Inno to gather intel rather P2W features are more profitable then freemium features. Now they've made it also into Beta, it is actually also part that we can discuss? Cause the "because it ain't in Beta, it is irrelevant" excuse can't really be applied anymore,
Either way I think the theory someone else shared is correct. Forge is moving away from freemium to P2W. Praying on the newbies with money, with veteran cities as lure for them to getting into such a position faster. If they offered alternatives to pay €X or don't get acces to this feature, like watch Y adds or still pay Z diamonds, they would've remained faithful to Inno's original freemium philosophy.

Still, I wonder when they will stop introducing items into the game that are useless from the moment they were created? Come on, come on, tell me, how should I use this magic item to finish goods production if it does not work on any of the buildings? Who builds goods buildings from the building menu? For whom is this done at all?:mad::mad::mad:
Early era players

CrashBoom

Legend
I have goods buildings

in my colony :rolleyes:

but when I open inventory in the colonoy it only shows the goods but not the other items
so I can't use it there o_O