• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Forge%20Bowl%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, November 24th, our Forge Bowl Event returns once again!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Looks nothing like Bowling!" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

BritishBoy

Marquis
Looks nice. I like idea of new stuff. Exciting! But! What will I receive as future age goods if I am in last current age? Is this perk storable and usable when new age comes out or it goes right to your goods pile in moment when you receive it?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
What will I receive as future age goods if I am in last current age?
Similar to previous age goods in Bronze Age, they will provide goods of your age instead.
Is this perk storable and usable when new age comes out or it goes right to your goods pile in moment when you receive it?
Again, similar to previous age goods rewards, this will not be an Inventory Item, but a reward, that is instantly added.

CrashBoom

Legend
what gives "special goods" exactly ?
current age only or random up to the players age?
and for ages below AF ?

same behaviour as Space Carrier ?
for example: 5/6 prom, 1/6 ori in OF ? or 50/50 in that age ?

BritishBoy

Marquis
@Juber could you please clarify a bit where we can get them from? Other 2 new stuff it is clearly said in announcement. Even amount of fragments from new building is mentioned, that is super cool!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
You get these from pretty much everywhere in the Event, so it is not really specified. You will see more, once the Event is active tomorrow :)

CrashBoom

Legend
Finish One Event Building Production, Finish All Event Building Productions

is "event building" only real event buildings
or for all other special buildings too (from GEx, settlements, ...)

and is "all" both: category "houses" and production buildings (like Magnum Opus)

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
is "event building" only real event buildings
or for all other special buildings too (from GEx, settlements, ...)

and is all both: category "houses" and production buildings (like Magnum Opus)
All buildings, that can not be found in the building menu fall under that, so it works for Magnum Opus, Golden Orrery, Log Cabin, Shinto Temple, Rogue Hideout, etc., but not for buildings like Hatmaker.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not sure how I feel about special goods as an event prize.

On the one hand I dislike the harbors intensely, so somewhat exciting to get some help to get through them faster.

On the other hand, the one thing about the harbors that I like is that it's prohibitively expensive to work around them with diamonds. I somewhat fear that this might be a more efficient way to buy one's way through AF/OF while those with the regular amount of event currency still get stuck on it.

BritishBoy

Marquis
All buildings, that can not be found in the building menu fall under that, so it works for Magnum Opus, Golden Orrery, Log Cabin, Shinto Temple, Rogue Hideout, etc., but not for buildings like Hatmaker.
Shinto temple? R u saying we potentially can start to collect second jap culture building? REALLY?

Kronan

Viceroy
@Juber - a question, please.

It says BOTH main event buildings deliver 25% attack. Is that a flat equal amount for all game eras, or does it vary with era (in other words, higher era get more than 25, if that's a base...), but wasn't delineated as such in the announcement?

Panoramix

Farmer
I like this event with what's new in this game, but I have a proposal for the second building variant (Pergola Bistro) that instead of 25% attack percentage for attack units I would like 32% defense percentage for units of attack, do you think such a thing could be possible?
I reason that there are few buildings that could give something like that, which is why I request this change.
Thank you!

I really don’t understand the recent trend for max level event building production choices.

I do get that there needs to be at least one variant that gives attack bonus or it won’t be accepted by any fighting player, but why give two choices with the exact same amount of the exact same army boost while cutting out one pve/merchant boost on each of them?

Why not get back to giving REAL choices between attacking/trading/maybe even defense like it was done in past events like the pagoda in spring event (Attack/goods/FP variant) or the mountain reserve in Wildlife (attack/defense/supplies and goods boost)?

Why that recent trend to force attack boost on like 3 out of 4 event buildings?

I heard that Forge Bowl 21 was an event where massive amounts of diamonds got spent - I don’t know how true this is, but if it IS true - why would that be? Because it had a little something for truely everybody. It has Fiore village with treasury goods for guild supporters, it had the Vineyard with supply boost plus FP/Goods fields for traders, and it had Colossus/Olympic Treasury for fighters. So literally everybody had a reason to charge and spend diamonds. Guess that would be in the Developers Favor too.

Instead the game is forced more and more to the fighting side of the coin, where it once was a game of choice.

I really hope GE5 brings back some of that balance, instead of only pushing it even further to ‚make your choice - fighting or more fighting‘

Last edited:
Also, will the new rush items be available in the standart event pass or will that be a premium pass only feature? Wasn’t said in the announcement post, or maybe I just missed it.

But if its gonna be premium only I kinda wonder why the ‚get fragments for an all new building‘ idea from Winter Event which got mostly positive feedback got scrapped that fast and went back to ‚if you want new items you gotta pay for them‘, which got mostly backlash and critique in past events.

Goldra

Marquis
As like winter event, 98% of players will build pergola bristo, like it happened with ketebo candy.
If you give us two options that makes us to choose between goods or fp, people will choose fp.
Remember that gamers here have the priorities very well defined, acording with the priorities of the game. 1st army attack boost; 2nd fp. The rest of elements doesnt matter.
So, the bonuses for the event building are bad developed. Pergola pizzeria is horrible agaisnt pergola bristo.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really don’t understand the recent trend for max level event building production choices.

I do get that there needs to be at least one variant that gives attack bonus or it won’t be accepted by any fighting player, but why give two choices with the ecact same amount of the exact same army boost while cutting out one pve/merchant boost on each of them?

Why not get back to giving REAL choices between attacking/trading/maybe even defense like it was done in past events like the pagoda in spring event (Attack/goods/FP variant) or the mountain reserve in Wildlife (attack/defense/supplies and goods boost)?

Why that recent trend to force attack boost on like 3 out of 4 event buildings?

I heard that Forge Bowl 21 was an event where massive amounts of diamonds got spent - I don’t know how true this is, but if it IS true - why would that be? Because it had a little something for truely everybody. It has Fiore village with treasury goods for guild supporters, it had the Vineyard with supply boost plus FP/Goods fields for traders, and it had Colossus/Olympic Treasury for fighters. So literally everybody had a reason to charge and spend diamonds. Guess that would be in the Developers Favor too.

Instead the game is forced more and more to the fighting side of the coin, where it once was a game of choice.

I really hope GE5 brings back some of that balance, instead of only pushing it even further to ‚make your choice - fighting or more fighting‘
Forge Bowl has traditionally been a popular event to spend on because it provides a high amount of daily specials per diamond spent. It's relatively easy to finish multiple multilevel buildings.

Every event has an assortment of prizes of interest these days to varying players' priorities when you include the daily specials. It's mostly a matter of whether players feel they can get enough stuff they want for their spending. Forge Bowl doesn't even offer the "best" buildings for the most part (some of the ones you listed are badly dated by now), but there's some value in being able to get a lot of them :)

That said, last forge bowl was largely panned at first because the fiore village shipped without FP and they only got added halfway through when the event was flopping on live. I don't know how well it went over after they buffed the building halfway into live.