• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

CrashBoom

Legend
Hi there,

there are only few days left and I haven't seen a Tholos of Idols Selection Kit yet. It says in your event announcement, that we could win it. So may I still hope for the Tholos? ;)
I think Tholos is a mistake in the announcement

and they wanted to say Pillar of Heroes
that was on the 2nd day and is not in the announcement

because Pillar of Heroes is originally Forge Bowl 2018
but Tholos of Idols was first in Soccer Event 2018 and then repeated in Soccer Event 2019

DeletedUser8351

There was an early bug with this quest, which has been resolved, but unfortunately, we are unable to add the missing portraits to players who did not receive them.
:(

MOD EDIT: Mended the quote

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1418

I think you are mistaken (and so is a few others) if you think that taking DEF for defending army away from OT weakens city defenses.
I never said this. What I said is adding def towards attacking armies weakens city def, since defending shots will cause less damage to attacking armies. Watchfires in the past were useful,back when GB's were limited to lvl 10, but now instead of improving these with upgrades such as tactician and sentinal, they now are seperate towers instead. A move I will never really understand, and in my opinion customer unfriendly, especially to the long serving ones.
As for obsoletion of GB's... Lets talk again in 1 or 2 years and see who's right :)

Zeitlose

Merchant
I think Tholos is a mistake in the announcement

and they wanted to say Pillar of Heroes
that was on the 2nd day and is not in the announcement

because Pillar of Heroes is originally Forge Bowl 2018
but Tholos of Idols was first in Soccer Event 2018 and then repeated in Soccer Event 2019

oh, yeah, you're right. I didn't think of that. Well, maybe we will see the Pillar of Heroes a second time (like the other event buildings), then I would be glad to grab some selection kits of this one. :cool:

Thx a lot, CrashBoom :):)

qaccy

Emperor
@pcsurgeon To be fair, you're partly right. Deal is pretty much obsolete now even on its own merits, but Basil is small enough to still be viable if it's levelled enough.

Funny enough, seeing all these new comparisons between GBs and the new towers in terms of space efficiency got me wondering why all the military GBs provide the same bonus despite all being different sizes. Should Zeus really provide the same effect as a CdM even though CdM is 4 ages higher and over 4 times larger? Is the reason Deal is almost twice the size of Basil for the same military bonus because medals are that much more valuable than coins? Basically, I've started wondering if the reason why these towers are causing 'balance' issues might be because the GBs that they're competing with are already imbalanced themselves.

DeletedUser8715

However, it is easy to have all upgrades .
I already have 8 and I have 250 balloons left + the last quests
TCoYfzY3ULh9AnLm_QG4rQg90vQPztuaE6moewo3A2eEF4THDvk-zsrG_WrlwruoFQBbD00h7OiZXK2_cYVrNv3tA4v6xeZaroL0QU-t93aao9Fg1PCb6IgTW2k9xy0clF-_gbfBW2ZzlxcUxbuktnatuht0loFMLoYmFXbx_UjTdb_sNmvWWe2zJ8L0XwoI5z4vx8fBT9yzVIOesaO5JN7C36DuhoDsO-xhPJ41yn9fe9S2eWdLwpRXKJqI5DOgsKUSCJgq8mG7TtM7c5Gcz1e-dQfHHrjNvszBDOaZdYT8LgH50ig2RKz_uqBsS0PshH8FF43IgMBjIetgHmhZxJPF42_lhJzFFgV-DNr7Wx6XiI9oRqTKzl58dDZAmeqRAF9WOvoBZgzDtq_xxdbT4XvKWy2UGaIEPUQWtZ0XtxfLgMnw6JGcsi3mGvHW6Js26Wm9afq8xVoBMtzrS8-J5HcsAOb4GUoxNJchgXBYZCjpQeTzNxtl5HwKMAnrS9flIzs8CLtE-dw40g2jN2tBP3cg-wkY6HNjP04_M6WG9dY1IohXE2eP5f8PP3vnfy0LrMfBz3a6CRJxVXUtP5s533U4CSSsBCqMklOcXDX9csdwkctAkLOW54LRD26p-gcK5cVLuxHshQ09iVJ_r-x2nr7ZUXAcisJ2OZUY6jCpItAWZpQszaOaq8TOwMeunH2t4M_hc5GDSNmdchzlL41UwKIGO6JIGtL1BbMB0uUG-hrPwqY=w198-h193-no

Easy? I'll only have the OT at lvl9 and spend 2x700 diamonds !

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@pcsurgeon To be fair, you're partly right. Deal is pretty much obsolete now even on its own merits, but Basil is small enough to still be viable if it's levelled enough.

Funny enough, seeing all these new comparisons between GBs and the new towers in terms of space efficiency got me wondering why all the military GBs provide the same bonus despite all being different sizes. Should Zeus really provide the same effect as a CdM even though CdM is 4 ages higher and over 4 times larger? Is the reason Deal is almost twice the size of Basil for the same military bonus because medals are that much more valuable than coins? Basically, I've started wondering if the reason why these towers are causing 'balance' issues might be because the GBs that they're competing with are already imbalanced themselves.

GBs don't need to be balanced for size as long as they provide unique benefits as you can only have one of them. Sure their size can be a consideration in terms of when/if you build them. A 70 space alcatraz there's good reason why you might want to procrastinate it until you feel you need it. A 6 square zeus you might throw up as soon as you have prints even if you don't plan to level it too hard immediately. But all the popular ones are basically tier-zero buildings where they're way better than event buildings if you want what they offer. Ones that just offer stuff you can already get easily enough other places tend to be the bad great buildings.

Basically you can look at space-efficiency as the following:
Tier-0: Buildings that are so incredibly efficient that if you care about their effects of course you want them - but you can only have 1 so you can't make a city full of them. The best GBs, Yggdrasil, Shinto Temple.
Tier-1: The most space-efficient event buildings offered so far in one aspect or another. Things you *could* pave your city in with enough diamonds.
Tier-2: Filler buildings that are better than ordinary buildings but significantly behind the best event buildings coming out; but often can be obtained in large quantities much cheaper that tier-1 buildings which often only come at a rate of 1 per event for free (daily specials in events, terrace farms, etc)
Tier-3: Ordinary buildings that can fill certain roles well in whatever quantity you want them.
Tier-Junk: Things there's no efficiency reason to build. You can still build them because they're pretty.

When it came to basil/deal, losing their uniqueness to tactician tower which combined with watchfire can completely replace them is significant; basically they got bumped out of tier-0 (due to uniqueness, not popularity) down to maybe tier-1.5 for basil, tier-junk for deal.

When it comes to say Aachen though, attack for attacking army has been relatively cautiously offered in terms of space-efficiency on non-GBs anyways so it'll remain a tier-0 building. For now at least. Defense for attacking army though they can get competition on that front now though.

It's possible they went too high too fast on the efficiency of tactician tower and sentinel tower providing new effects that previously made GBs unique.

DeletedUser1418

Maybe you used the wrong coach ? I used + 1 yard
If using a different (or wrong) coach determines the outcome whether you get the Event Building complete or not, then there is something wrong with the event itself. You should be able to get a complete event building when using default coach and completing event quests. Anything less is simply unacceptable. In my case I will be short 2 upgrades, exactly like last year.

DeletedUser9682

Maybe you used the wrong coach ? I used + 1 yard
So, this is why I will finish at level 9 after I will do all the quests.
I used the wrong coach and I don't have enough footballs for another field.
For all other events I had an extra upgrade I didn't need. For this one I will be one shorter.

CrashBoom

Legend
if we would get the full building no matter of the coach strategy then the coach selection would be obsolete

the coaches let the players decide what their goal is
- maximum daily specials
- maximum grand prizes
- maximum league advancement

If using a different (or wrong) coach determines the outcome whether you get the Event Building complete or not, then there is something wrong with the event itself.
the thing that is wrong is to let players decide themself if they want to chose the coach to get the most grand prizes (+1 yard) or if they don't want that and get maximum daily specials

You should be able to get a complete event building when using default coach and completing event quests.
good point. they should set the +1 yard coach as default coach ;)

DeletedUser1418

if we would get the full building no matter of the coach strategy then the coach selection would be obsolete

It won't, there are also players who wants 2 event buildings, or other lesser interesting pieces they missed out on previous attempts. The objective should always be to finish the quest and event game without using premium currency (diamonds) to get the final reward: a complete eventbuilding, and not guess what coach you should use and see if you ran into some luck one week prior before the event ends. This event has proven to run into problems, as the previous one needed some tweaking was and all players in bronze were awarded 2 Tholos upgrades. It's a design flaw, and never solved.

Havik79

Baronet
Hot diggity dog, so glad they changed the defence for defending armies to defence for attacking armies.

So what are the changes to the coaches?.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It won't, there are also players who wants 2 event buildings, or other lesser interesting pieces they missed out on previous attempts. The objective should always be to finish the quest and event game without using premium currency (diamonds) to get the final reward: a complete eventbuilding, and not guess what coach you should use and see if you ran into some luck one week prior before the event ends. This event has proven to run into problems, as the previous one needed some tweaking was and all players in bronze were awarded 2 Tholos upgrades. It's a design flaw, and never solved.
FoE still is a strategy game - there are multiple strategies available to get the full OT without using diamonds - not choosing any of those is the players fault...
Why should getting the OT be fool proof?

It was a totally different matter with last years beta forge bowl where there was basically no available strategy to get the full colossus without diamond usage - that was fixed for most by adding upgrades to the leagues. Also, the carnival event last year did not offer any guarantee for a full (lvl 2) piazza set - not even full lvl 1 was guaranteed (although very likely).

So what are the changes to the coaches?.
I only could find a minor text change... maybe the change will take effect with the next update after the festive season...

DeletedUser8946

Also, the carnival event last year did not offer any guarantee for a full (lvl 2) piazza set - not even full lvl 1 was guaranteed (although very likely).

That is the exact time when I stopped buying diamonds... The luck factor was terrible in that event and the buildings and offers didn't seem so interesting to me..

I think tiny chances to the coaches and attack boost for the defending army will be the only ones?
I know you guys listened, but really I expected more.

DeletedUser10172

So Knowledge=Power.... well I have been playing on mobile, so only had 10 days to finish this event. I've finished the event, I've finished my OT, and I will get another upgrade from the leagues, an upgrade I don't need. Guess how many diamonds i needed to spend to complete my OT............. Zero....... Your knowledge may not have helped you this time but that doesn't mean Inno got their calculations wrong, it means you did. Which players were you choosing? This is at least the third time we have been given this exact event layout and style.

Maybe accept you dont really get how do to do it rather than blame Inno. Increase your knowledge and you will be able to finish the OT when it hits live. Thank you.