• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

DeletedUser8743

Did you spend some pesos? :p

Totally agreed. The building is fine for those who will get just one (though the bonus should still be smaller), but I've seen big spenders with 12 abandoned asylums and 5 charcoal expresses. I bet they will spend their dollors to get another 5 or 10 olympic treasuries. That's additional +120-240% to defense. They will also get dozens of sentinel outposts, but not sure if they will find some spare space to build those... Anyway, welcome to endless battling... I understand that Inno needs to earn money, but letting the big spenders to get enormous advantage over the others is always the bad choice, as all the other players get frustrated because of inability to compete with them and they leave. Unless Inno plans to shut down the game soon and they want to earn as much as possible in the last few months.
Most players don't play in the rarefied air of top players or more accurately the big spenders. So I don't think it matters to them whether those players make room for 5 or 10 olympic treasuries or use the space for more asylums or trains etc. Inno isn't going to shut down the game as long as they're making sufficient money unless there is a FOE2 in the works. They wouldn't have spent all the effort on GBG or the changes to GVG.

DeletedUser

Now it is absolutely great building, but I would slightly nerf it (from 22% in OP to 15, even 10 maybe), because with those new towers it is too much. Until now there was hard limit to increase defense for attacking army and that was fine, it kept the balance in playing with long term goals. With the bonus pretty easy to achieve in the event - why would anyone new bother with attacking GBs over 10 level...?

qaccy

Emperor
Let's see if I get this straight. People were fine with the Sentinel Outpost, but now that the Olympic Treasury's been changed, people are losing their minds over it providing the same bonus? What's the difference?

Maybe the takeaway here is that there are players who are completely opposed to this effect in the first place, but didn't care to say anything until after it was added to the Treasury. I'm closer to being one of them than not, but this is definitely a draw to get players participating/spending and really, I don't think it's that bad. What's the difference with this bonus compared to being able to increase attack power? Spenders are able to acquire more of that as well, and this bonus has been available for 'purchase' for years now. Should Inno go removing attack bonuses from buildings like the Colossus, Pirate Ship, etc because players are able to 'buy' those and gain an advantage over those who don't? It's basically the same thing, after all.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
This is the last limit that has just been removed.
And it easily happens in large quantities.
FoE must be considered in the long term, developments must be slow.

1 week ago the "big players" said that they no longer needed to increase the power of their attack army. In a month they will say that they no longer need to increase their resistance.

What will they ask for the spring event?

And what about beginners against players who sleep at a young age and accumulate such bonuses?

qaccy

Emperor
@hiep lin If it took only until last week for players to say they 'no longer need' attack power, I'm not sure why it would only take 'a month' for them to claim the same here. They were chasing attack bonuses for years, as I mentioned. Admittedly, yes, attack bonuses have ramped up a lot over the years, but players have still been doing this since the Contemporary Era brought us Strike Team Centers and buildings like this have been staples in these players' cities ever since. Now, if players have been increasing attack power using buildings like this ever since the release of CE, why would it be such a quick process for players to 'finish' building up the other side of their attacking army?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The attacking part is already very high.
The defense part is in addition, it does not need to be as high to make a big difference.
It does not start at 0 GB have already made a large share.
This event alone will make a huge difference for those who spend diamonds.

In my main city, after 5 years of playing, I'm 460/220%
With 2 O.T. + 5 sentries I can reach 460/284%, it is a considerable jump.
Some players will have, 4 or 5, maybe more O.T. .....

And we can assume that sentinels will often be present in events (like watchfires)

Feanor II

Baronet
This event alone will make a huge difference for those who spend diamonds.
That can be said of most events. That's how they make their money.

In my main city, after 5 years of playing, I'm 460/220%
With 2 O.T. + 5 sentries I can reach 460/284%, it is a considerable jump.
I'm not even going to bother doing the math; I'm confident in saying there is zero probability you can get 2 fully-leveled OTs without spending diamonds. As for this "considerable jump" you cite, it's 64%. It's basically the same thing as adding the defense-portion-only of a leveled Zeus/CdM/CoA. I don't see that as game-breaking. If it is, then this is just the latest in a very long string of buildings that would be in the same category.
Some players will have, 4 or 5, maybe more O.T. .....
What's your point? Those same players could also already have 100 Colossuses (Colossi?) if they want. Every online game that I know of functions this way.

Since quantity of buildings you can have in your city cannot be increased (since expansions have almost completely stopped), the quality/efficiency of the buildings is going to have to improve so that the new ones are worth buying in order to replace old ones. Otherwise there's no reason to buy the new ones. That's exactly what this change is doing. Before, the OT was basically a Winter Spire, which is nice but also old news and not an upgrade. Now OT is an upgrade so there's an incentive to buy. At the end of the day, Inno wants me to spend on the game and I want to improve my city. Before the change, neither of those things were going to happen, now they both are.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some actual numbers on winning treasuries with a diamond coach:

Average yardage per play: 5.28
Average cost per play: 50.3
Average specials per play: 0.108
Upgrades needed: 18 (for 2 treasuries; 1 is free)
Upgrades from questline + gold league: 5 (assuming spending enough for a 2nd treasury will get you gold)
Grand Prizes needed: (18-5)*2-1 = 25
Yards needed: 2000
Plays needed: 379
Footballs needed: 19053
Free Footballs: 10540 (from wiki)
Extra Footballs: 8513
Diamond Cost at 1995/1200 balls: 14152
Rounding up for variance, cost of a couple diamond coaches probably (assuming you want to do some on sentinel tower day and some on tower upgrade day), buying one less efficient football package, etc: 15000 diamonds should have you covered. An additional ~23000 diamonds will be needed for each treasury after that.

Specials won from two treasuries with the diamond coach: ~42. So 21 L2 Sentinel Towers (assuming you don't mind spending space on non-FP producers these are going to be what gets you the most defense for your attacking army out of the event at a rate of ~10 L2 towers per maxed treasury). A free player is likely to gain ~76% defense for their attacking army in mars from the event (13ish level 2 towers and a maxed treasury) if that's what they want and they drop the 300 diamonds for the diamond coach twice. A moderate diamond spender who aims to complete the second treasury will gain ~132% defense for their attacking army in mars.

qaccy

Emperor
@hiep lin Attack didn't start at 0 either when players first got access to attack buildings, because as you mentioned we've had GBs since long before these buildings started coming out. Perhaps these bonuses should have remained exclusive to GBs? Easier to balance that way, but I'm not sure if it would've been the right call trying to keep people interested in the game/events over the past few years by simply releasing more and better FP and good producers with no real variations in them...having military bonuses on buildings is a fairly interesting way to not only add more variety to buildings, but also to entice more and a different group of players into spending money. If just having attack as an option was able to get players to spend for 2+ years, I don't see why defense wouldn't be able to do the same.

Regarding military bonuses as a whole, I'd argue that the Arc's already disrupted balance way more than any subsequent event prize has. Try imagining the game without the Arc and see where we'd be at as players in military bonuses (and everything else from GBs as well). Players originally balked at the military bonuses on Guild Expedition opponents, but this was before the Arc had fully pervaded the game and people still had GBs around the level 10-20 range. Who complains about the difficulty of GE level 4 now? Indeed, there's a rising chorus of players wishing there were MORE levels because it's fairly trivial to get through now.

Anyway, compared to how the Arc changed the game, the impact of anything Inno's released since has been relatively minor. Seriously, nothing compares to the military, FP, goods, and everything else that the Arc has dumped into the game in the years since its release.

6zeva9

Baronet
Lastly, as always, you'll get to show off your progress to your friends and neighbors, by obtaining these two new themed portraits:

Portraits.png

Can I ask were these to portraits supposed to be available when you completed the last two Rush Quests?
I have completed all quests including the latest daily one, however they have not yet appeared.
I did however notice that the last two Rush Quests gave a second amount of 120 Footballs, was this where the Portraits should have been.

I only ask as I have now seen other players with them in my neighourhood and Friends groups.

jtrucker

Baronet
@qaccy I guess I'm too dumb. ARC is giving me tons of medals and fps, but how does it increase my military bonuses?
(I'm no disagreeing with you, I like the change they made with the OT, I just genuinely do not know what do you mean by arc changing military bonuses).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@qaccy I guess I'm too dumb. ARC is giving me tons of medals and fps, but how does it increase my military bonuses?
(I'm no disagreeing with you, I like the change they made with the OT, I just genuinely do not know what do you mean by arc changing military bonuses).

It enables leveling all other GBs at a much faster pace (less than half the cost if it didn't exist) which in turn means a higher Zeus, Aachen, CdM, Traz). This in turn could be attributed as part of the cause of event buildings needing to power-creep faster in order to keep people caring about them.