• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
There was an early bug with this quest, which has been resolved, but unfortunately, we are unable to add the missing portraits to players who did not receive them.

DeletedUser10021

Last year, we could win one upgrade kit of Grand Prize with the Bronze League, and 2 kits with the Silver League . In 2020 you must reach the Silver League to get one upgrade kit and the Gold League to get 2. It's harder !!!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Last year, we could win one upgrade kit of Grand Prize with the Bronze League, and 2 kits with the Silver League . In 2020 you must reach the Silver League to get one upgrade kit and the Gold League to get 2. It's harder !!!
Not really... Last year the upgrade in bronze league was needed to "guarantee" that every active player can get the full colossus for free and was added retroactively only to the live event after the event was done on beta.

This year the full prize is guaranteed for free when choosing the right strategy, even without the upgrade from bronze league.

CrashBoom

Legend
This year the full prize is guaranteed for free when choosing the right strategy, even without the upgrade from bronze league.
right strategy ?

only choosing +1 yard coach (if not taking the dia coach) and taking shortest distance ??

then I think many would be disappointed because I think most times players who don't spend diamonds will take the 5% extra daily prize

Hey guys, I haven't been too active this event, but been testing it out and so on.. On live server ofc I will go for full building. However, I wonder what would be the "right" strategy to get all 10 upgrades, or rather what are the minimum requirments? Must I end up in silver league to get all 10 upgrades? Therefore I'm also wondering about the coaches. Assuming you do all quests and pick up all daily footballs, must I still use Progress Coach for example..?
Edit: Also, assuming you not going to spend (much) diamonds. However, I will probably use the ultimate coach when the colossus pops up as daily reward

DeletedUser9666

As always I am gathering your Feedback. I appreciate there has been an issue with some of the resource quests so apart from them working correctly how are you finding the quests? Who is using the Coach Feature and how is this working for you? And (as always a theoretical question) if a rebalance was considered, what current attribute would you be sorry to see removed?

Quests - easy so far. Which is good because other features in this game are already time consuming.
Coach - I used one for free. the extra 5% chance one. I do not think I will use other ones or pay 150 diamonds for all perks combined.
Attributes sorry to see removed - defensive boost for attacking army. I would be "devastated" and most likely spent much less time doing quest tasks on my live server. I think that's what will make this event successful on live servers - the boost.

Other remarks - the event is the same thing as the last year one. Minus coaches which are only like "sugar sprinkles". Still, not being an American football fan, I find the basic concept not particularily exciting.

Could Inno make it a "ski jumping competition" or something like that next year? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hey guys, I haven't been too active this event, but been testing it out and so on.. On live server ofc I will go for full building. However, I wonder what would be the "right" strategy to get all 10 upgrades, or rather what are the minimum requirments? Must I end up in silver league to get all 10 upgrades? Therefore I'm also wondering about the coaches. Assuming you do all quests and pick up all daily footballs, must I still use Progress Coach for example..?
Edit: Also, assuming you not going to spend (much) diamonds. However, I will probably use the ultimate coach when the colossus pops up as daily reward

Using a +1 yard coach and taking the shortest plays will easily get you enough upgrades while spending free footballs (about 2000 balls to spare, plenty of room for the variance in plays offered).
Not using a +1 yard coach and taking the shortest plays might just barely get you finished without league bonus (or maybe not with bad luck).
Not taking the shortest plays while using a +1 yard coach might just barely get you finished without league bonus (or maybe not with bad luck)..
Not taking a +1 yard coach while also not taking the shortest plays will have you come up short without league bonus.

DeletedUser1418

By the looks of it I'll be short 2 upgrades for Olympic Treasury by the end of ForgeBowl. Same problem occured with collosus last year, so eventually eveyone received 2 upgrades. And the year before same problem with Tholos. Why is this event the only one you can't get a complete event building without spending cash?

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
By the looks of it I'll be short 2 upgrades for Olympic Treasury by the end of ForgeBowl. Same problem occured with collosus last year, so eventually eveyone received 2 upgrades. And the year before same problem with Tholos. Why is this event the only one you can't get a complete event building without spending cash?
However, it is easy to have all upgrades .
I already have 8 and I have 250 balloons left + the last quests
TCoYfzY3ULh9AnLm_QG4rQg90vQPztuaE6moewo3A2eEF4THDvk-zsrG_WrlwruoFQBbD00h7OiZXK2_cYVrNv3tA4v6xeZaroL0QU-t93aao9Fg1PCb6IgTW2k9xy0clF-_gbfBW2ZzlxcUxbuktnatuht0loFMLoYmFXbx_UjTdb_sNmvWWe2zJ8L0XwoI5z4vx8fBT9yzVIOesaO5JN7C36DuhoDsO-xhPJ41yn9fe9S2eWdLwpRXKJqI5DOgsKUSCJgq8mG7TtM7c5Gcz1e-dQfHHrjNvszBDOaZdYT8LgH50ig2RKz_uqBsS0PshH8FF43IgMBjIetgHmhZxJPF42_lhJzFFgV-DNr7Wx6XiI9oRqTKzl58dDZAmeqRAF9WOvoBZgzDtq_xxdbT4XvKWy2UGaIEPUQWtZ0XtxfLgMnw6JGcsi3mGvHW6Js26Wm9afq8xVoBMtzrS8-J5HcsAOb4GUoxNJchgXBYZCjpQeTzNxtl5HwKMAnrS9flIzs8CLtE-dw40g2jN2tBP3cg-wkY6HNjP04_M6WG9dY1IohXE2eP5f8PP3vnfy0LrMfBz3a6CRJxVXUtP5s533U4CSSsBCqMklOcXDX9csdwkctAkLOW54LRD26p-gcK5cVLuxHshQ09iVJ_r-x2nr7ZUXAcisJ2OZUY6jCpItAWZpQszaOaq8TOwMeunH2t4M_hc5GDSNmdchzlL41UwKIGO6JIGtL1BbMB0uUG-hrPwqY=w198-h193-no

DeletedUser1418

Now do you want to undelete your post? ;)
City defences are now more weaker with this change. The change most people wanted to keep plunderers off their doorsteps was increased (+) attack power for defending armies. This change put the whole balance of the game in jeapordy, possibly disregarding GB's since they are now ruled obsolete.

qaccy

Emperor
It's unrelated to this event, but honestly, Rogues are the biggest problem with city defense. If hood battles used the AI from the continent map (which famously generally ignores rogues), city defense would be a lot more strategic and interesting. But if that never happens, city defense will largely remain in the state it's currently in, regardless of what bonuses are available to either side.

DeletedUser1418

It's unrelated to this event, but honestly, Rogues are the biggest problem with city defense. If hood battles used the AI from the continent map (which famously generally ignores rogues), city defense would be a lot more strategic and interesting. But if that never happens, city defense will largely remain in the state it's currently in, regardless of what bonuses are available to either side.
Totally agree. I asked this several times in the past to change AI of city defence to the AI used on continents, unfortunately no luck yet

DeletedUser1234

Best defence against me is..that if you have rocked troop from virtual future add just 1 to defence and you will have 60 or 70% more chance to successfully defend your city.. i always have like that :)

Feanor II

Baronet
Just my .02, but IMO the best defense is to plunder anyone who plunders you and send them a message saying "back off or I'll keep taking your stuff, and I'll take your guildmates' stuff, and I'll take the stuff of anyone I find out is your friend (watching your Tavern), and just for kicks I'll also burn your GvG tiles-oh, and I'll be sure to let everyone know who to thank for their troubles".

This isn't Farmville. Fight fire with fire. Especially given that unless they change the city defense AI to the continent map AI, you're not going to keep many serious attackers out anyway.

jtrucker

Baronet
Just my .02, but IMO the best defense is to plunder anyone who plunders you and send them a message saying "back off or I'll keep taking your stuff, and I'll take your guildmates' stuff, and I'll take the stuff of anyone I find out is your friend (watching your Tavern), and just for kicks I'll also burn your GvG tiles-oh, and I'll be sure to let everyone know who to thank for their troubles".

This isn't Farmville. Fight fire with fire. Especially given that unless they change the city defense AI to the continent map AI, you're not going to keep many serious attackers out anyway.

You see, I do just the opposite. Since we established here that city defense sucks, I attack the attacker, 99% times I win even if I'm in the middle and he is the top in the hood. Then I DO NOT plunder and I send him/her a message saying "see, attacker always wins cuz the city defending AI is dumber than dumb, so it would be nice if you could return me the favor of NOT plundering while you collect the medals and points to the tournament tower."... And I have like 90% (yeah, there is always a few who do not like making a deal :) ) success of making a deal with people. They are often surprised of receiving not-nasty message and we even start a conversation sometimes:). So yeah, fight, win and NOT plunder is my strategy. works. I never plunder the hood out of principle. Battling yes - need X amount of fights for daily challenge and other quests, but not plundering.

jtrucker

Baronet
City defences are now more weaker with this change. The change most people wanted to keep plunderers off their doorsteps was increased (+) attack power for defending armies. This change put the whole balance of the game in jeapordy, possibly disregarding GB's since they are now ruled obsolete.

I think you are mistaken (and so is a few others) if you think that taking DEF for defending army away from OT weakens city defenses. DEF for DEFENDING army is virtually UNLIMITED in this game, if you do play expeditions, I have so many ritual flames that If I try to build all of them, I'd fill up half of the city. Plus watchfires. And these buildings are unlimited from GE. While the new sentinels are available just here and we can only speculate IF they gonna be somewhere else in the future, but we can always speculate about any future. As for this very moment, an event building with DEF for defending army is pretty much useless, period. The OT is 4x5=20 squares. That is 10 ritual flames = 60% def. or 20 lvl 2 watchfires, that's 120%. Placing a building with 20% def of defending is just ridiculous.
yes, same could be said for the (size of) sentinels with one little difference. Nobody could have them until now and hard as you try, you cannot get 76 in this one event... (my actual current inventory of ritual flames on live server) unless you are very rich and spend hundreds of dollars.

That is the reason why I believe that it was CORRECT move to change it for DEF for attacking army, which you cannot get anywhere else than here and now and in very limited amount.

As for rendering GB obsolete - I don't think so.. Zeus statue is only 6 squares, at lvl 10 it is 30% which is more than 6 sentinels on lvl 2, so why would anyone think it is obsolete is beyond me. Not counting the fact that you can keep leveling it and keep getting bigger bonus...
Castel del Monte is worse regarding the size, but gives FPs as bonus. I just don't see any sane player trying to demolish it for any other building... and so on.

Last edited:

Zeitlose

Merchant
Hi there,

there are only few days left and I haven't seen a Tholos of Idols Selection Kit yet. It says in your event announcement, that we could win it. So may I still hope for the Tholos? ;)

Zeitlose

Merchant
and my general feedback: I like the event so far, it was nice not to have too difficult quests! The coaches are cool. I collected many footballs and could use the super coach when I spent a lot. On other days, when I spent only few balls, I chose one of the free coaches.

I don't care much about the attacking/defending boost and rebalancing it, cause I still have a small town and _every_ boost is welcome, no matter whether for attacking armies oder defending armies. ;)

I hear a friend of mine having the same issue with not getting the last upgrade for the Olympic Treasury. I don't know how far I will get. I still have a lot of footballs to spend, because I am still hoping for the Tholos of Idols.