• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

housemouse

Squire
Thanks for the blancing, but it's still not possible to get a full Colossus.
I am now at level 6 and still get an upgrade from the quest. With luck, otherwise I can not formulate it, I can do it twice over the field and get another upgrade, I'm sure I'm not there. The Bronze League seems unattainable. I have not even reached half the points. So it will be a maximum of Colossus level 8. Pity :-/
And the playing field is agonizingly long and somehow the range of play seems arbitrary.
That's no fun. I think I will not play the event in my worlds.

Amdira

Baronet
Seems that even Bronze League can be reached when always chosing the player with the most yards to go - even when he's threatening with a Victory Tower :D

DeletedUser7951

The dailies are so uninspiring, there's nothing I feel I would like to go for. Taken into account all the other prizes in the boxes are a bit meh (as they should be) this is really not a fun event. Top prize yes, but the rest :(
By this rate I'll probably hoard all the balls until the last day and spend them on whatever for whatever. Is this how it should be ?

Feanor II

Baronet
The dailies are so uninspiring, there's nothing I feel I would like to go for. Taken into account all the other prizes in the boxes are a bit meh (as they should be) this is really not a fun event. Top prize yes, but the rest :(
By this rate I'll probably hoard all the balls until the last day and spend them on whatever for whatever. Is this how it should be ?

Well if you do that you'll probably end up with pure junk. I'm going for Reno Kits when it goes Live to prep for whatever comes after VF

Hello, even after the balancing I will probably get the colossus with luck at most level 9. Currently level 7 and bronze league, but only 1 kit is still safe for the last quest. With only 8 days left and no more than 2 litters a day, I will not be able to get the 2 touchdowns I need and probably fly out of the bronze league. Luckily I can spend my recorded slides on the live server to at least get level 10 there. My style of play has always been to take the player with the most yards, except the last throw to the touchdown.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I haven't been around for the last 5 years to even give feedback of how events were treating me. However, I can say this one's far alright as I am at 41 quests done (highest number to this date) with about 8 days (and some) left.

So, we'll just see.

DeletedUser7951

Well if you do that you'll probably end up with pure junk
My point is there isn't much else. I save those balls in the hope of something that tempts me, alas so much junk I don't even want in my inventory. Sad event, really sad.

Feanor II

Baronet
My point is there isn't much else. I save those balls in the hope of something that tempts me, alas so much junk I don't even want in my inventory. Sad event, really sad.

I agree, this event had so much potential and it's really sad to see it go the way it is. My point is just make the best of it; might as well get Reno Kits for when they jump to the next age (I've got over 50 buildings in my Live cities that I'd ideally want to upgrade). If you wait until the very end you'll probably end up with supply packages or something.

Emberguard

Emperor
If you guys want to bring back the Champs retreat anytime, that'd be great. It keeps missing in the Daily Challenges xD and if I move up the ages I won't be able to get some later on for collecting purposes.

Feanor II

Baronet
My little are running out of time, but it look like I will make it in time. I will have
1068 Diplomacy
40 wool in an hour, but will still need 84, 2 horn and 14 axes but there should be time for that. I may even have time to raise the Meat Hall, it say 7:46:40 h to raise, that's a wierd time.
I really have been fighting the time this time and I may choose to buy the 2 horn for diamond and place a market more, when I get the axes if I don't want to break my christmas days up in hours to get coints.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the Forge Bowl 2019 Balancing Changes...

Emberguard

Emperor
Question, does anyone know if your distance to the end touchdown area changes the rewards at all?

Being the closest to the line before throwing gives two options with FPs and one with goods/supplies

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Question, does anyone know if your distance to the end touchdown area changes the rewards at all?

Being the closest to the line before throwing gives two options with FPs and one with goods/supplies

It didn't seem to be different rewards for the touchdown throw than any other throw. Just the same random folks and any excess yards tacked onto your next start (i.e. my first one i threw 1 yard too far and started on the 21 instead of the 20 for next drive)

Thunderdome

Emperor

Nope, not really. The TD reward is the same no matter if you go short or long. The reward changes (you will see it next on the bottom as well the next for the next TD play) when a touchdown is made (and the player is doing the Jig).

You can go for certain things if you like provided you have enough points to execute the play and gain yards as a result towards the goal line.

It didn't seem to be different rewards for the touchdown throw than any other throw. Just the same random folks and any excess yards tacked onto your next start (i.e. my first one i threw 1 yard too far and started on the 21 instead of the 20 for next drive)
Somehow, I do not feel that I start further on the next drive as I knew I threw some really deep and long (well, nearly went off the end zone) passes for the TD. For me, it's always on the 20. After a few times, I just went with short drives (for some stuff I would like) and conserve my points. It's been 50/50 for getting the daily prize for me when I did such, so if anyone's going for such, I would suggest this route to get more plays in.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Nope, not really. The TD reward is the same no matter if you go short or long. The reward changes (you will see it next on the bottom as well the next for the next TD play) when a touchdown is made (and the player is doing the Jig).

You can go for certain things if you like provided you have enough points to execute the play and gain yards as a result towards the goal line.

Somehow, I do not feel that I start further on the next drive as I knew I threw some really deep and long (well, nearly went off the end zone) passes for the TD. For me, it's always on the 20. After a few times, I just went with short drives (for some stuff I would like) and conserve my points. It's been 50/50 for getting the daily prize for me when I did such, so if anyone's going for such, I would suggest this route to get more plays in.

Just threw a 7 yard pass from a scrimmage on the 5 to confirm it's still the case. Resulting line of scrimmage is on the 22 :
upload_2018-12-27_0-13-50.png

Emberguard

Emperor
The TD reward is the same no matter if you go short or long. The reward changes (you will see it next on the bottom as well the next for the next TD play) when a touchdown is made (and the player is doing the Jig).
That's not what I'm talking about. That's one thing out of 4. Do the other 3 below it change?
upload_2018-12-27_18-48-33.png
(not from the touchdown area - this screenshot is start of field, but it gets the point across)

Last year your Grand Prize / Daily Special remained the same just as it does here - BUT the touchdown area changed prizes depending on distance. You could get champs retreat from one distance, rogue hideouts from another and something else for furthest away. But the top reward slot for Daily Special was always the same for each of those just as it is this time in addition to getting the grand prize (touchdown)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's not what I'm talking about. That's one thing out of 4. Do the other 3 below it change?
View attachment 3668
(not from the touchdown area - this screenshot is start of field, but it gets the point across)

Last year your Grand Prize / Daily Special remained the same just as it does here - BUT the touchdown area changed prizes depending on distance. You could get champs retreat from one distance, rogue hideouts from another and something else for furthest away. But the top reward slot for Daily Special was always the same for each of those just as it is this time in addition to getting the grand prize (touchdown)

That was soccer event i think not football - but the prizes for the TDs have been the same as for the regular passes as far as i've seen. (the lower ones too, not just the special)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9537

Why don't you want people spending money on your product? I'm baffled by a sales plan that encourages people not to buy. Maybe this is why I'm an engineer and not a marketing executive, because I just can't wrap my mind around this statement from a sales perspective. Isn't the whole point of this game (from Inno's side) to get people to spend money buying diamonds?

Inno might be a few things :D But bad marketing and pricing metrics are not among them!

The profit is in the "Nickles and Dimes" and sometimes even the "Pennies". Create a "HIgh Value" item and then place it "Almost but not Quite" out of reach.

Sort of like in Engineering... Designing something that does more, efficiently, with less, but with expandable options...

With merchandise... There are certain things you know will have value to someone. They will buy it with discretionary funds no ;) matter what... Because they want it. That's good for a one time purchase. But the real money is in the "Fluff"...

A 50K Luxury car had better come with some darned good fluff for that money. One time big profit. But... Limited Market.

A 20K "Generic" car has basic stuff, but no really good fluff. Not as much of a profit... But a MUCH larger Market... And? Several years of those consumers buying the "Fluff" to personalize their investment.

If you own a car? Then you probably realize how much fluff is out there for it... :p I guarantee there is even some you might never have thought of too!

Feanor II

Baronet
Inno might be a few things :D But bad marketing and pricing metrics are not among them!

The profit is in the "Nickles and Dimes" and sometimes even the "Pennies". Create a "HIgh Value" item and then place it "Almost but not Quite" out of reach.

Sort of like in Engineering... Designing something that does more, efficiently, with less, but with expandable options...

With merchandise... There are certain things you know will have value to someone. They will buy it with discretionary funds no ;) matter what... Because they want it. That's good for a one time purchase. But the real money is in the "Fluff"...

A 50K Luxury car had better come with some darned good fluff for that money. One time big profit. But... Limited Market.

A 20K "Generic" car has basic stuff, but no really good fluff. Not as much of a profit... But a MUCH larger Market... And? Several years of those consumers buying the "Fluff" to personalize their investment.

If you own a car? Then you probably realize how much fluff is out there for it... :p I guarantee there is even some you might never have thought of too!

No offense, but this analogy is off. Engineers don't create the "20K car" when the "50K" could be made at the same expense. You make the best possible product with the resources available. The 20K cars get made because their manufacturing costs are significantly lower than the 50K and are in peoples' price range. However, if you could make the 50K car at the same price as the 20K, you do it since the better product will sell better. Since the manufacturing cost of one Colossus upgrade, 10,000 Colossus upgrades, a self-aid kit, etc. are all the same (zero) the point is to get people to buy as much of your zero-cost product as possible. And you don't have to worry about flooding the market because it's a one-off event and everyone knows it.

The point with any for-profit product is to raise the price as high as possible without pushing so high that your consumer base is unwilling to "go there". When your manufacturing cost is zero, it gives you a lot of freedom. I think they've pushed it a little too high this time around. If it were up to me, I'd make the Upgrade a Daily Special on the same day they release the Event Currency bundle package with diamond purchase. Combine a great product (Colossus) with a "deal" (the bundle) and sense of urgency (24 hour timer) and people will buy diamond packages as fast as they can click.

If we wanted to run with your analogy, think of it this way. If could build cars at zero cost, would you rather sell 100 20Ks or 10 50Ks? You don't help your cause by pricing the vast majority of your customer base out of the market, especially when you're doing so unnecessarily since it doesn't cost anything to build your product. If you drop the price a bit and thus greatly increase your buying base, I think it's a good trade-off for your profit margin.

Again though I freely admit marketing is not my department. I just build the products, other people sell them.