• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Oceanic Future - Part 1

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Does some of this info include stuff from tiers yet to come? [edit: I forgot this could include Diamond buildings if anyone in OF can confirm, thanks.]
  • 13 new technologies to research (I count 14 not including Flotation Surfactants)
  • 2 residential buildings (I see one Urban Island)
  • 2 production buildings (I see one Shellfish Farm)
  • 2 decorations (I see one Coral)
  • 2 culture buildings (I see one Water Tower)
That list includes the premium buildings. :) There are 14 technologies not including Flotation Surfactants.

won't neighbours just bandy together and plunder each others' bazaars and terrace farms, knowing they can get more fp that way?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You still need Arctic Future goods for Promethium.

What is it that you see as unbalanced or poorly planned? Would be helpful if you point out which segments/parts you see as such.

Well the first poorly planned part is how previous era units interact with the partial set of OF units. namely that BF dominates all 3 new units... BF vs cruiser is close but reactive armor 3 of BF is much harder for contact to overcome than reactive armor 4 of assault tank back in CE. The current answers to BF spam :
1) stealth - only hover tank (FE!) does the job because behemoths have trouble finding hills. eels will similarly have trouble finding well positioned bushes.
2) power shot - rail guns (FE again!) can win better than most against BF spam but do take heavy losses
3) theoretical multihit abilities - dragon drone could be a counter if they weren't so squishy for BFs so nothing actually works in this category yet

potential answers:
1) change the bonuses so that cruiser has some survivability vs heavy and IS the answer to why BF is no longer unquestioned top dog - danger being contact units can become unquestioned top dog almost as easily as reactive
2) give one of the units something that allows additional damage vs reactive armor
3) come up with a (useful) multihit ability for one of the units
4) give the eel more than just bushes to hide in so that it's likely you can get 8 eels into stealth in useful positions (additional balancing may be needed to give eels more range or more survivability as well)

I realise that the unit you intended to fight against heavies is probably planned for a later phase - but when heavies dominated the previous age - and this age's heavy while having some neat advantages due to anti-stealth can't win against the like-unit from the previous age.

Andi47

Overlord
You still need Arctic Future goods for Promethium.

What is it that you see as unbalanced or poorly planned? Would be helpful if you point out which segments/parts you see as such.

well, so I guessed correctly :-( . Just like I said on page 1 of this thread:
1.) in OF the "goods" GBs (Lighthouse, Babel, St. Mark's etc.) no longer give the raw materials for AF goods - which is good for OF production, but very bad for the still needed large-scale AF production
2.) No more doing recurring quests for AF goods: Good for OF goods production (once you reached the end of OF), but bad for AF goods production.
3.) The Arctic harbor needs 100 AF goods PER DAY to keep the ship running. (well... on the one hand in some cases we can select the "Medal" crew member, but on the other hand, we have to repair the ship from time to time; to my feeling both circumstances average out, so I think 100 AF goods per day is a guess which comes quite close to the truth)
4.) the average daily production of a goods building is 20 goods per day (If you come home from work a bit later, it is difficult to maintain a 8hr/8hr/4hr cycle for producing 25 goods per day - and you try, you will likely produce 8 goods per day for someone else (with Billy the Kid badge ;-) )
==> for these reasons one needs (100/20)=5 (FIVE!) full production chains for AF goods, each consisting of THREE goods buildings, makes a total of FIFTEEN goods buildings!
@Inno please calculate the amount of space needed for this - and either drastically increase the amount of space we get (1 from tech tree + 1 Diamond + 4 from the map is by far not enough to build FIFTEEN goods buildings for AF production PLUS at least 2 goods buildings (better 3 or 4) for OF production!) or drastically reduce the amount of goods needed to maintain the Arctic Harbor.

well - and then there is the Oceanic Hub. Yet MANY more goods (this time from OF) needed - how on earth we should build any OF good buildings when the city is already bursting at the seams with AF goods production (and respective unrefined and single-refined goods)??

Thank you for one more GB dedicated to Warriors, some good people forget this is a War game…...
Nonsense !!!!!!!!!!
You think you are a great warrior based on a set a bad ideas introduced by Inno in the game.
The game has : 3 GBs to boost attack bonus , Speaker's Corner , Checkmate Square , 30% Tavern bonus , handling of your troops
on the other hand : 2 GBs to boost defence bonus , Tiger's Dens , Watchfires , City Shield , troops handling by computer.
Comparing above situation in numbers is :
90% against 60% GBs (although most probably is 93% against 60%)
55 pixels space for 3 attack GBs (1.69% average bonus per pixel) - 74 pixels for 2 defence GBs (0,81% average bonus per pixel)
20% against 10% Event gifts (talking as a fact the size each building needs this is the correct balance if you place 2 Tiger's Den)
30% of Tavern boost cost 500 coins less than City Shield (if it works as there were complains about it from players claiming they were attacked although city shield was "on")
So the only real "problem" should have been the Watchfires but since the computer takes in charge the city defense troops then the Watchfires advantage is so lost.
For all you great warriors I have 2-3 suggestions to make to Inno.
1.On the options of the game a player should have the ability to select if he wants to attack other players or not.This selection should be valid for at least one month and only after a month pass the player can make a new choise.Based on this selection neighborhoods will be created.It will be interesting to see how many "warriors" neighborhoods we wil lhave.
2.Rebalance the Watchfire.Not 4% defence boost but 3% attack boost to city defence untis
3.Improve the stupid way the computer manage city defence troops.

It's good to aplly plundering GBs but with the current sitaution...............no comment because if I really say how I fell I will probalby got a penalty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser7813

The only sad thing is: 15 recurring quests
Please lower that amount. I have played D2 and D3 for years but you bring clicking to the whole new level. even those 10 in AF is brutal.
And there is no need for confirmation if we really want to abaddon recurring quest. why I have to confirm it every single time??? Its so time consuming.
If I wanna donate 2000+fb and do Spent 99fb and 200fb recurring quests it will take me 30min+ which is not fan at all.

DeletedUser4256

Horrible design of the battlefield map, maybe it looks pretty beautiful for those who rarely fight but for those who do it is a pain, its really hard to see where the units are when they fall into all those red forest.

Too much bright colors, too much color contrasts, too much detail
Beautiful and functionally awful at once

It should be something like the continental map layout

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6628

Are we sure that's for most treasuries, or is it for a few treasuries? :) Yet comments on the costs for unlocking Guild Expedition is that they are too high for guilds collectively.
1) Yes, very sure that many treasuries are loaded with far too many AF goods and will now start to be loaded with OF goods. It will take years for guilds to go through the AF goods that they have saved up because all of those players that were adding AF goods will be moving to OF therefore will only need AF goods to unlock level 1 and 2 which are cheaper.
2) The comments on the costs for unlocking GE levels are directed at those ages below AF and would absolutely be fixed by the repeatedly suggested ability to have the OBS, Atom, and Arc be able to produce the age or goods that the owner specifies.

DeletedUser5097

Well the first poorly planned part is how previous era units interact with the partial set of OF units. namely that BF dominates all 3 new units... BF vs cruiser is close but reactive armor 3 of BF is much harder for contact to overcome than reactive armor 4 of assault tank back in CE. The current answers to BF spam :
1) stealth - only hover tank (FE!) does the job because behemoths have trouble finding hills. eels will similarly have trouble finding well positioned bushes.
2) power shot - rail guns (FE again!) can win better than most against BF spam but do take heavy losses
3) theoretical multihit abilities - dragon drone could be a counter if they weren't so squishy for BFs so nothing actually works in this category yet

potential answers:
1) change the bonuses so that cruiser has some survivability vs heavy and IS the answer to why BF is no longer unquestioned top dog - danger being contact units can become unquestioned top dog almost as easily as reactive
2) give one of the units something that allows additional damage vs reactive armor
3) come up with a (useful) multihit ability for one of the units
4) give the eel more than just bushes to hide in so that it's likely you can get 8 eels into stealth in useful positions (additional balancing may be needed to give eels more range or more survivability as well)

I realise that the unit you intended to fight against heavies is probably planned for a later phase - but when heavies dominated the previous age - and this age's heavy while having some neat advantages due to anti-stealth can't win against the like-unit from the previous age.
I agree that we need someting against the BF, but I don't agree that OF units
units have to fixing It. Just som examples:

CE
Ausulttanks, first time reactieve armor. The strike teams work well. Thanks to stealth and that they start first.

FE
Hovertanks, RG's fixed it and doing a good job, but after the downgrade less good.

AF, plasma can doing the job. It makes BF's attacks less powerfull, but it's tricky.

OF, in this part no unit does have a unit bonus against heavy, so I think in the upcoming parts a sollution will come.

The eel can't use stealth against heavy, crabs does have blast and they are fast. If they can hide on more
places they become overpowerd. In my oppinion a new skill that ignores reactive armor is a effective
sollution against well armored foes and that wil bring a new strategy on the field. New skills makes
the game more intressting.
Also the cruiser could not be good against heavy. Just look to the crab. The crab is a hunter that
hunts fish like the cruiser and the eel. The cruiser hunts 2 things that will come later in the
game. Also you can use the cruiser againgst BF's annyways, like the range unit of CE was used
to defeat aussulttank. They won't survive 2 hits, but the aussult will takes some damage in the
process. So basicly, just think about it, how you would defeat your worst anemy.

hydroelectric_eel_stats.png
sub_cruiser_stats.png
crab_mech_stats.png
More feedback, the cruiser is flying so why not the sjill fly? Just a few suggestions
for new skills:

Something that ignores reactive armor.
Paralize: Target can't move for one turn, does not stack.

Just a note for paralize, target could be still aible to attack when a unit is in it's
range. It would make sense if the eel get it, but switch the range stats with
the crab or downgrade eel's range to 8/9 and the grabe's range can been
upgraded tp 9/10.
This would be intressting and brings a new strategy on the field and more
naturally purpose for the eel.

Just a note for Inno and ballance of units. Please don't
change the older units anymore. The ballance is now just
fine in ages befor. When something is wrong with ballance,
pleas look first for a sollution in that age before and not to
the units that players use. Because that change the ballance
of a another age on a negative way.

Ps. sorry for my deleted post.

DeletedUser

Arctic Vertical Farm: 8100 supplies/h (405 per tile by 4x5), happiness 340 (17 per tile), needed population 570 (28,5 per tile, needed diamonds 900
Oceanic Deap Sea Breeder 11750 supplies/h (391,6 per tile by 6x5), happiness 410 (13,6 per tile), needed population 1170 (39 per tile), needed diamonds 1000

any questions? in every new era again

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1387

Nonsense !!!!!!!!!!

Let me 1st start by mentioning no one in this thread has said he/she was a great warrior, when you start a sentence with some “ Nonsense “ it becomes difficult to give you any credit, however as we are here trying to make this game work for ALL of us I went past that.

For you, whatever Tag you may choose to identify you, I have tree (3) suggestions to make:

1.You seem to have issues with pixels and percentages, try just playing the game.

2. There’s a suggestion thread on INNO Forum, if/when you believe you have an interesting idea to pitch to the devs, please by all means present it there, you never know, maybe there’s merit in your ideas and they may see light of day.

3. If you feel a free to play game does not give you what you’re looking for, there’s 1000 more out there, you only know if they are what you looking for if you try them out, no need to get all worked up and get a penalty...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree that we need someting against the BF, but I don't agree that OF units
units have to fixing It. Just som examples:

CE
Ausulttanks, first time reactieve armor. The strike teams work well. Thanks to stealth and that they start first.

FE
Hovertanks, RG's fixed it and doing a good job, but after the downgrade less good.

AF, plasma can doing the job. It makes BF's attacks less powerfull, but it's tricky.

OF, in this part no unit does have a unit bonus against heavy, so I think in the upcoming parts a sollution will come.

The eel can't use stealth against heavy, crabs does have blast and they are fast. If they can hide on more
places they become overpowerd. In my oppinion a new skill that ignores reactive armor is a effective
sollution against well armored foes and that wil bring a new strategy on the field. New skills makes
the game more intressting.
Also the cruiser could not be good against heavy. Just look to the crab. The crab is a hunter that
hunts fish like the cruiser and the eel. The cruiser hunts 2 things that will come later in the
game. Also you can use the cruiser againgst BF's annyways, like the range unit of CE was used
to defeat aussulttank. They won't survive 2 hits, but the aussult will takes some damage in the
process. So basicly, just think about it, how you would defeat your worst anemy.

I don't entirely disagree - my main point is the unit that needs a stop in all ages map atm is BF - and therefore the counter for that should come in the first part of OF - not 3 new units that are just more prey for BFs. At the very least the crab, the new heavy, could come equipped with something to beat the last heavy - it's weaker reactive armor would make it more palatable to a wider variety of counters so it'd just need something to deal with the BF reactive armor. As it stands this is the first age where the new tank loses to the last tank. It is flavored as an offensive powerhouse, so it wouldn't be out of the question for it to have something to breakdown reactive armor. Maybe a high innate crit rate to be added to AO crit?

edit: hover tanks do kinda beat BF - it's murky which way wins - whichever the attacker has usually. but crabs are just flat out losers to BF.

I agree that cruisers that beat BF is not an ideal solution - but it is a lazy solution. AAV beating assault tank is the main way they're coped with there even though in that age there is a true counter to the assault tank in the rocket artillery - rocket artillery takes assault tanks out cleaner most of the time, but sometimes bad luck causes you to lose them all so most people still opt for AAV + rogues. Strike teams are seldom used for more than siege fodder though if you're ok with recycling maps til you get enough forest, yes they could beat assault tanks carefully.

And it's a good point about eels being targetted towards heavy not being ideal with the flavor of the crab.

It may be more of an arctic problem that there's no really good counter to the battle fortress but with that in mind if OF units are going to have any value they have to be able to make 8xBF a bad idea or it'll be like the start of arctic where everyone just kept using railguns.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1387

Sorry, this Oceanic Future does come from the suggestion thread on INNO Forum, so we are not commenting Oceanic Future, there, but HERE !!

Sorry, but I have not invested (yes, we pay!!) for 3 years into FOE, to let it go the wrong way.
Inno guys should learn finally to listen.

No need to apologize... Could you elaborate what you trying to say? I could not understand your points...

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
15 recuring quest... you must be kidding? What are the cost of pay coins and supplies quest and what are the basic amount of rewards?

You still did nothing about stoping it be a click-click game. It is another bad move.

The only sad thing is: 15 recurring quests
Please lower that amount. I have played D2 and D3 for years but you bring clicking to the whole new level. even those 10 in AF is brutal.
And there is no need for confirmation if we really want to abaddon recurring quest. why I have to confirm it every single time??? Its so time consuming.
If I wanna donate 2000+fb and do Spent 99fb and 200fb recurring quests it will take me 30min+ which is not fan at all.
You will not necessarily receive all 15 recurring quests. They have different requirements so while they may exist, you will not have to cycle through all of them. Additionally the request for lowering clicks has been noted and something will be worked on in that regard but it may take some time before anything makes it into the game. In the meantime the quests are still needed (as pointed out indirectly from the posts themselves, the issue isn't the quests but the cycling through them).

Is there an oceanic futur champion ? what is is caracterics ?
why is it not listed in the announcement ?
Yes, there is. It's not listed in the announcement as it's not a standard unit of the era. You don't get it by entering Oceanic Future or completing researches. You must own a specific event building for it.

Arctic Vertical Farm: 8100 supplies/h (405 per tile by 4x5), happiness 340 (17 per tile), needed population 570 (28,5 per tile, needed diamonds 900
Oceanic Deap Sea Breeder 11750 supplies/h (391,6 per tile by 6x5), happiness 410 (13,6 per tile), needed population 1170 (39 per tile), needed diamonds 1000

any questions? in every new era again
The current balancing isn't final - as mentioned in an earlier post some buildings will undergo changes (some have weaker outputs, some have higher) over the next few days. Thank you for pointing out that specific case. :)

What goods and how many will be needed to build the new Great Building?
375 Plankton, 475 Biolight, 425 Corals, 425 Artifical Scales, 450 Pearls. It's an Oceanic Future Great Building so the goods requirement is therefore of Oceanic Future goods.

Lionhead

Baronet
1.) in OF the "goods" GBs (Lighthouse, Babel, St. Mark's etc.) no longer give the raw materials for AF goods - which is good for OF production, but very bad for the still needed large-scale AF production

While in AF, I have collected enough CE-goods to keep producing AF-goods for the next many months. So I can´t see how bad that reslly is. Besides, haven´t most players collected enough Prom to last a lifetime by now? I have no problem leaving my ship in the harbour.

qaccy

Emperor
Hey, kind of a small question here but whatever happened to Princess Myciena? She vanished without a trace when the AF story began and hasn't been seen or mentioned at all ever since. Ragu was around for a smaller period of time but he at least got somewhat of a send-off (although his promised return has yet to come to fruition as well).

EDIT: To add in something more relevant, I'll admit I'm disappointed that the 'episodic' releases will be continuing for this age as well. I'm not sure the way Arctic Future was released went as well as was hoped, with the myriad of building and unit problems/changes along the way, as well as the overall ugly, stretched-out look of the tech tree by the time all was said and done. What steps have been taken with this age to prevent the same mistakes from being made?

Last edited:

DeletedUser5478

With the last changes in the town hall you can not see your promethium reserves on any site. Are you aware of it?

DeletedUser5160

Why is the Crab tank defensitvely weaker than the BF....