• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

OlifaNT

Merchant
Geez, thanks for introducing another piece of useless eye-candy that's even more time consuming.
So after ruining and destroying the GB fp dump option you have just killed the rotating missions!
Way to go Inno! Thanks for listening to your users.

DeletedUser6489

Really??? Of all the things that are not working properly (for instance, we don't see what we get with Voyager for weeks now...), you manage to find something that actually works as it is and change it for no apperent reason... WHY?????? Now, you can't even see all the Quests but have to choose Questline first...it's NOT better, it's worse. You managed to change a interesting and captivating game into a half hour daily clicking session, and this is next step in the same direction...

OMG! I totally agree with you! it took a few to figure this out... HATE IT!!!! PLEASE!! this is not the way to go! this makes everything harder and LOOK! i have to check multiple times and to find one quest that i might be close to fulfilling?? this is not a good change!!!

DeletedUser

I barely want to write this message because the admin will not even read it

I read everything posted here, of that I can assure you.

Indeed! I think this is only for the repeatable quest available in every Age/Era requiring you to pay an amount of coins and supplies to receive a random reward. It requires you to exit the quest window and then re-enter it to view the reward before actually accepting it in order to see what the reward was

Already being worked on.

Now, when I do recurring quests, it happens that when aborting one the following recurring quest does not appear.

Also already being worked on.

Pafton

Viceroy
I barely want to write this message because the admin will not even read it
As a matter of fact the admin does read it. Your statement should have read:
I barely want to write this message because the admin will not even respond to it
As our admin is a very reserved and quiet person (assumed).
Our admin may well have replied that though all feedback is considered most will never be implemented.

If nothing else then at least bring back the backgrounds for the questgivers. As someone else pointed out, they have the questgivers some life.

DeletedUser7779

This video shows it all....
Cycling quests seems way more time consuming now because both abort buttons are too far away from each other. We've all built a routine to abort those quickly (buttons in previous window are much closer and always in the same spot) and now this just ruins it all....There is a 20+ pages discussion to stop the endless clicking and this not only doesn't reduce it but makes it worse. Not to mention the scrolling....no one likes to scroll! Seriously, what was wrong with the previous UI? We had small non obtrusive quest icons and no one complained about it. Now those new big shiny portraits are just a pain for the eye. Reminds me of that poisonously green arrow we had a while back....

I can't believe Inno was able to nerf both the GB UI and Quest UI in less than a week....I'm absolutely speechless....

Just wondering....Like Zarok Dai mentioned, programming a different behavior for the cycling quests (should it be only 1 abort button or having the last completed quest appear first) is not easy - I'm sure it aint. But why do the devs keep wasting time in drawing pictures, adding dozens of boring historical questlines , incidents and any other new 'features' no one asked for?? Had they invested the time in improving the cycling quests, I'm quite sure there wouldn't have been 5 pages of negative feedback in less than a day....
Inno.....we won't die if there are no events or new pictures for a month or 2 ... for your player's sake do something what the majority of us has been asking for so long

jovada

Regent
Not only useless but you can't see what you'r collecting by random rewards, when you pay rinbin the coins and the hammers you don't know what you get.

DeletedUser8150

too soon too tell. If it solves the annoyance of events where there are 2 quest givers but one only shows progress and the other the tasks and saves clicking on the wrong one that may be helpful...

Paulikater

Farmer
It´s fine so far - just two things:
1) There are up to 3 story quests at a time - so you should not need to scroll the window for those what you have to do now if you have 3
2) Treasure hunt should be adapted as well to match the style - this is a quadrangle icon against the round story ones ...

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback on the new quest overview in this thread.
You can find the details here.
This is horrible! Looks really nice but when going through the side and recurring Quests - once you abort a Quest the next one does not automatically appear. You have to close the side panel window and then reopen it to see the next recurring/side quest! Really! It now takes 3 - 4 times longer to get through the recurring Quest to get to the one you want. I liked seeing all the quests and I liked the fact that I could abort a Quest and instantly get the next one. Not anymore. This game is becoming so time sensitive to just do simple things I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth it!

DeletedUser8109

It's terrible, remove it please. It is less functionally then previous quests overview and need more time and actions to solve quests.

DeletedUser7265

Several internal errors while doing recurring quests :-(((((
Why oh why do you kill a working system???

DeletedUser

No but really, think of the players who rush over 10,000 forge points per day (I already have 20,000 rush a day) and they do recurring quests, tell you your us rush system is not bad but your New quest interface is crappy (sorry for that word) it's even longer to cancel the quests! Please try to put you in our place!
I barely want to write this message because the admin will not even read it finally short to always beat for something without being able to get it starts to get drunk

To respond to this. I am aware many of you do not like the new quest overview, and that specifically recurring quests you feel need to be easier to handle in the overview. I have passed all of this feedback along, and the dev team is looking into possibilities to simplify the handling of recurring quests. I do not know how they may choose to address this, but as soon as I am informed I will let you all know.

I barely want to write this message because the admin will not even respond to it
As our admin is a very reserved and quiet person (assumed).

Lol, being reserved is something I have never been accused of :D
In fact, sometimes I purposely do not respond because I am observing the general 'tone' of a thread, or in cases of concerns I have passed on I am waiting for confirmation from higher up that whatever I passed along is actually being looked at to either change or improve.
Also, if I see feedback repeated over and over, for example 20 players asking for the old quest windows back, it is impractical for me to reply to all of those. Again I summarize them together and pass them along and wait for feedback from the dev team.
However, in this example of getting the old window back, it is extremely unlikely this new quest overview will be reverted, so it is in all of our best interests to suggest reasonable ways that it can be improved.
But, if you all would prefer I try to reply more to individual posts I will make every effort. Though please be aware there are only so many hours in the day.

once you abort a Quest the next one does not automatically appear. You have to close the side panel window and then reopen it to see the next recurring/side quest!

As I stated in a prior post in this thread we are already working to fix this.

DeletedUser7265

I just don't understand the reason of the change. Usually you change something to improve it. But what was improved? I see nothing, but a lot of new bugs and things that are worse now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

To respond to this. I am aware many of you do not like the new quest overview, and that specifically recurring quests you feel need to be easier to handle in the overview. I have passed all of this feedback along, and the dev team is looking into possibilities to simplify the handling of recurring quests. I do not know how they may choose to address this, but as soon as I am informed I will let you all know.

Lol, being reserved is something I have never been accused of :D
In fact, sometimes I purposely do not respond because I am observing the general 'tone' of a thread, or in cases of concerns I have passed on I am waiting for confirmation from higher up that whatever I passed along is actually being looked at to either change or improve.
Also, if I see feedback repeated over and over, for example 20 players asking for the old quest windows back, it is impractical for me to reply to all of those. Again I summarize them together and pass them along and wait for feedback from the dev team.
However, in this example of getting the old window back, it is extremely unlikely this new quest overview will be reverted, so it is in all of our best interests to suggest reasonable ways that it can be improved.
But, if you all would prefer I try to reply more to individual posts I will make every effort. Though please be aware there are only so many hours in the day.

As I stated in a prior post in this thread we are already working to fix this.
tyvm for addressing and relaying the recurring quest issues in regards to this new quest interface, though it was still a pain before it's much worse now. fwiw I think you do a great job from what I have seen so far. I was super happy you did that memory leak test and passed the info on. The only thing I wish for is for Inno to be more clear and detailed in some of their responses and not the typical canned response or vague ones, not that you can help with that part though.:)

DeletedUser5799

hi , like a lot of things people will ask why change what clearly works? How ever i think this change has the potential to be something good in time if not already?
I did not mind the old version , as when you get to auto quests , if you keep them on what you did before all you need to do is remember what one you just completed seems simple to me ,
How ever i see this as a way to improve things both for players and what the coders can offer us and that is most welcome, so for me for now its a thumbs uppish until things go wrong or if they do LOL
After all some times? things happen that seem strange at first but with passage of time seem to make perfect sense ?
Have fun and please give this one time to see how things develop? Geoff :)

DeletedUser7942

I just don't understand the reason of the change. Usually you change something to improve it. But what was improved? I see nothing, but a lot of new bugs.
I think, like the new GB interface, it's aesthetically improved or at least headed in the right direction, though even then the new quest window can use some work but especially in regards to recurring questing i.e. efficiency it's a no-go.

This is why some people make comments like do the designers/devs etc. play the game and such, no recurring quester would have come up with that design, as a matter of fact the first thing they would do is implement a feature to toggle confirmation of aborting quests on/off, at least anyway.

DeletedUser

hi , like a lot of things people will ask why change what clearly works?

In all honesty there were issues with the old system, especially when a player had several quest givers active and there was an event or historical questline active.
The quest givers could get pushed down the left side of the screen and actually be obstructed by the lower left screen UI icons.
While this new overview may need some improving, it has addressed this issue so that more quests can actually be active at the same time.
It is also possible, as with many new things we receive from game design, that this is a first step to also help in the handling of future content we do not even know about yet as players.