• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Can anybody of the devs explain me, why I have to confirm, that I want to abort a "RECURRENT QUEST"?? It comes back! If I aborted by mistake, I get it back a few clicks later.

The abort is not there just for recurring quests, it also applies to other situations such as quests that you can not get back. However, the dev team will look into what options they have that might make things more convenient for recurring quests. I will let you know when I have more information.

Who cares about players and space for them?

Actually, the new icons use less vertical screen space than the old ones did. Before there were times when the old icons could go right off the screen at the bottom. As to the size of the window itself. It really doesn't matter how big it is as you can't interact with any other part of the game while it's open anyway.

DeletedUser5097

One of the development team members reading along in this thread ran over to my desk to ask me to assure you that they do in fact play the game, and are reading along to find ways to improve it, both for you as the players, and for themselves :).
I'm glad to hear it, thanks for the information.:) I'm sorry that I'm sometimes a bit negative, but
some things aren't going well. However I believe in you guys, I always did and I still do. I hope
the person(s) how read it won't take it to personaly or serious, I mean it in general for the better
for the game.
I hope we will see improvments in the next theme future and I hope that it will take a while (players
asked from AF no episodes anymore, I'm aware that it's impossible for OF, but for the next one I
have hope) and in the next days for the new mission overview.

On feedback,
I showed my mother the new missions, she is also playing the game. She find it less clear then
the old quests, because you must click now on one picture and that shows all the missions. Then
searching for the mission you want to see. In the old mission system you simply see all missions
at once and that was in her opinion more clear then this. I hope this will help.
Well, a lot of negative comments I see here, but I have to say I really really love the new type for EVENT quests where the event progress and the actual task is in one window. It was annoying to be clicking back and forth and often while trying to open the actual task I opened the event progress, had to close it and look among the 5 icons for the right one for the task.
So I'd like to thank you for that, I think it is real improvement.

As for the other story/recurrent quests, it didn't make it any better nor worse for me. Just somewhat different and I can live with that.
I kind of agree with the events. However a big improvments in the events would be a much
larger picture of the event building. Now it's near impossible to see what the grand prize is.
The normal missions I find this system worst, because the old system worked perfect for
the normal missions. It always did from the first days that I played the game on live (many
years ago, before the GB's and even in the time that the late middle ages where the highest
age). First the background was gone in the eurlier new mission designe and now complete.
Also the storyline is very hard to read, because of the leak of space, resulting in very small
words. I think it's been caused by the fact they did put all the missions together.

DeletedUser8356

Why fix something which isn't broken?

I have been a programmer since the 1960's and simply cannot believe the way people change things just because they think the new version is 'prettier'. The functionality has been lost just for the sake of looks.

In all my years of working with computers my philosophy has been to give people an interface which is logical and easy to use not what we are being presented with here which is as bad as the new GB interface.

SergeB1

Squire
Actually, the new icons use less vertical screen space than the old ones did. Before there were times when the old icons could go right off the screen at the bottom. As to the size of the window itself. It really doesn't matter how big it is as you can't interact with any other part of the game while it's open anyway.

Dear Zarok Dai, you are right, but I guess that everybody gets used to left vertical space and new icons look like big pimples. Thanks you left Captain's icon to compare...
And my phrase "bigger is better" and "space for players" wasn't only about icons, INNO pleases us with bigger sets of buildings, bigger buildings as well...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7109

Why do you insist on giving us cartoon graphics instead of actually improving game performance? Not sure what this looks like on a smart phone but on my 17" monitor it's awful to read and figure out what's what. The type fonts are too small and difficult to read. Please put your talents to work to improve server response time, reduce "internal errors" and "timing issues." Give us back our GB data and quest info screens.

DeletedUser5955

i dont care which version is on - i dont care for graphics orgraphically diffrent interface

yes the new window is bit easier to order around, but what pisses me the most is double abort thing

BestWarrior

Baronet
Seems their strategy is to conquer new players, probably much younger, and goodbye with the older ones.

younger players don't play this game, i've got the experience from my son and some of his friends a few years ago. it's not a challenging game for them, they quit after some weeks. If Inno is targeting teenagers and moving the game in that direction, tthen they are making a terrible mistake and the future will show it...

DeletedUser6891

The new quest version looks extremely kiddish. While your reasoning that space constraints are too much is true. I simply love the quests and this change is too difficult to digest.

A thing I am extremely wary of is the introduction of a third type of quest. What is it? Is it really necessary or just another distraction from the main glaring problems?

And coming to my last point, the game has survived 5 years with two quest conditions. Players from the Bronze to Oceanic have played without more than 2 conditions, every event till now never had more than 2. There is absolutely no need for any change in that now unless you reason that change is necessary as the old system was good but not great.

I know I haven't logged on for a long time now but that doesn't mean that I can't air my opinions.

I agree, super kiddish just like those stupid ribbon things.

DeletedUser7246

I don't like this "improvement" in general.
1 and the most important. I do not like scrolling through the main quests. :mad: Clicking on 3 different (or equal) icons was much more better than necessity to scroll through quests.
2. I really do not like this animated sliding window with main quests. Too slow and irritating. I'm playing this game for fun, and observating for a second when this window is sliding --- it is not fun. My animation is almost always in "off" position - so could it be done for this window too?
3. Too big windows, too small letters, a lot of colours (too much colours!) I don't even know good english word for such design. Something like "put your eyes out of your skull"
4. I do not like big icons for quests. I liked them in old style - square and small. Yes, they took all left side of the screen, but it was very small part. There only two icons left now, but it feels like twelve, like they take more space than old icons. Too big.
5. The only part I do like - the event questline. It seems very nice to have all information about time, and current quest, and final rewards in one window. But again - I do not like design of this window and its sizes.

I can live with that improvement, but scrolling and sliding will take a bit of pleasure away from me.:confused:

DeletedUser7961

The abort is not there just for recurring quests, it also applies to other situations such as quests that you can not get back. However, the dev team will look into what options they have that might make things more convenient for recurring quests. I will let you know when I have more information.

I'd like you to think about how to improve the current recurring quest system. I have a level 81 arc and stopped doing the FP quest when spending a lot of FP in other GBs even though I have a level 11 chateau frontenac. The endless clicking became way too annoying. I shouldnt have to cancel 8 quests (takes 16 clicks) until I get the FP quest again. If I do that every 80 FPs when spending 2,5k FP in total... You get what I mean. Maybe you actually want it to be like that to keep Chateau's balance in check but who knows.

Cardena

Squire
The new Icons for the quest are way too big on PC. They do not fit in the whole picture now, they are abtrusive.

The one window for the event is a good idea.

But for the story line, the window is not ok. It may function as long as there are only two questgiver, but with three you always have to scroll down, to see all. I do not like it.

It almost impossible for me to believe that the devs are actually playing this game (and with playing I mean doing a bit more than just open a city once a day for 5 minutes, but being in a guild, having 100 friends and more, trying to finish at least 3 levels of GE week after week, trying to finish each event and historic questline and fighting for medals and point, leveling GB, and all that without using any shortcuts, only using the normal way the play gives)

SergeB1

Squire
Why do you insist on giving us cartoon graphics instead of actually improving game performance? Not sure what this looks like on a smart phone but on my 17" monitor it's awful to read and figure out what's what. The type fonts are too small and difficult to read. Please put your talents to work to improve server response time, reduce "internal errors" and "timing issues." Give us back our GB data and quest info screens.
I agree, super kiddish just like those stupid ribbon things.

Yes, Yes and Yes!
Stupid cartoon graphics, beautiful useless buildings, ugly and unfriendly GB data, anime-like ribbons, with more and more year by year program problems on GvG and PvP play. Nice and very hard work INNO to attract 10 years old gamers and to spurn gamers with credit cards.

So far I dont like the design of the new quest overview. I already had my first bug by loosing contact during the game to the actual historical questline of gallileo. I had to clean cache and restart the game. As a player I cant see any adding value in this change. I would prefer different lettertype which is easy to read not bold but in a good contrast. Less green in a fullfilled task but only a green ok note. Last but not least... If changing this area of layout, I would expect the same layout to the "schatzsuche" as well as to the icon marking that buildings productions has been completed

DeletedUser8356

I couldn't have put it better myself - it is bad even on a 28" monitor. Please go back to the old ones for both quests and GBs otherwise I like many others will probably give up on the whole game.