• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7647

Two more things:
  • When you finish a repeatable quest, it is at the top of the window (1st quest). When you validate it, it disappears, and the next quest appears at the bottom of the window (last quest), compelling you to scroll down. That's not very practical.
  • When you abort the repeatable quests one after another and finally come to the one you want, there is an "Abort" button, but no "Accept" button. You have to click outside the quests window to accept it, which is a bit strange.
and in my case, it asks for things from the previous age once I aborted silly stuff, like buy 3 apartment building you don't need. etc. ALSO, the scroll button is so small, I just noticed it, and was missing other info for the longest. Like the Event. I did not know I had one. Return it to the way it was. It is ok to fail.
Please understand, this is beta.: and On that note.
the GB menu is better here, roll that one out. there are players that sit on 100's if not thousands of FP packages. Even the lower one would benefit. Just stop assailing us with those bright colors. the rest of the game is brown.

DeletedUser8051

If this gets implemented on the live server, as it is now, I wont spend any money on this game anymore. Many others have already stated, how bad this new overview is.....

WhatKnot

Merchant
well...good morning this afternoon...I see the Quest icon is gone...just the Story Icon and treasure...
dunno if we are going back to the original...which is MUUUUCH better than the new....or maybe because I complained they just eliminated me from having any quest...time will tell...or..someone will tell me...or not (knot)

Lionhead

Baronet
I see a lot of posts against the new overwiev. Mostly how it´s "destroying" the recurring quests. I´ve been at the end of OF in 4 of 5 worlds I play, Beta included, for a long time so I have recurring quests both on national servers as well as here. And tbh, I haven´t felt much change in gameplay. So I´m absolutelly not opposed to this new overwiev. Not saying improvements can´t be done either.
I probably should mention that I haven´t built a recurring quest city anywhere, as I´m pretty sure, that´s not what FoE is about. I haven´t even educated myself in the best way to have a recurring quest city, which quests to skip and which to do. I usually only skip the 2 population quests and the gain 16K Happiness quest. And with anywhere between 8 and 14 production buildings, I have built-in stops at the complete 6 24hrs productions, and as mentioned haven´t experienced any notable change i gameplay national server versus Beta.
It seems to me, that with the recent announcement Devs at least are trying to make the recurring quests a more smooth experience, though in my opinion it can´t be the driving force, as this game shouldn´t revolve around a city set up for recurring quests.
This game must and should be about having a balanced city, so you and your guild can do well in what should be (still my opinion) the main aspects of this game, GvG and GE.
You can argue that GvG is dead, and this has been dicussed in numerous threads, and I tend to agree, though my guild on my main is engaged battlewise in GvG (almost) daily.

DeletedUser7107

I see a lot of posts against the new overwiev. Mostly how it´s "destroying" the recurring quests. I´ve been at the end of OF in 4 of 5 worlds I play, Beta included, for a long time so I have recurring quests both on national servers as well as here. And tbh, I haven´t felt much change in gameplay. So I´m absolutelly not opposed to this new overwiev. Not saying improvements can´t be done either.
I probably should mention that I haven´t built a recurring quest city anywhere, as I´m pretty sure, that´s not what FoE is about. I haven´t even educated myself in the best way to have a recurring quest city, which quests to skip and which to do. I usually only skip the 2 population quests and the gain 16K Happiness quest. And with anywhere between 8 and 14 production buildings, I have built-in stops at the complete 6 24hrs productions, and as mentioned haven´t experienced any notable change i gameplay national server versus Beta.
It seems to me, that with the recent announcement Devs at least are trying to make the recurring quests a more smooth experience, though in my opinion it can´t be the driving force, as this game shouldn´t revolve around a city set up for recurring quests.
This game must and should be about having a balanced city, so you and your guild can do well in what should be (still my opinion) the main aspects of this game, GvG and GE.
You can argue that GvG is dead, and this has been dicussed in numerous threads, and I tend to agree, though my guild on my main is engaged battlewise in GvG (almost) daily.
while you are surely entitled to your opinion, it is up to each of us individually what we want our cities to be. anyone that wants a recurring quest city certainly has that right and should not be penalized. My city is not a recurring quest city. yet in live servers on my main account I easily do 90 quests a day. My chateau is level 71, and rising, because of the bonuses it gives to Recurring Quests!!. I doubt that you do enough of them that it would make much difference in your play, but for many of us it is a game changer, and not in a positive way

DeletedUser7942

Currently we are working on:

• Making the abort confirmation an optional setting that can be activated or deactivated (we will likely get this tomorrow here on Beta)
  • Making the next quest appear quicker on completion of the prior quest
  • more...
:):):)

DeletedUser7661

We need to find out why the hover is not working for you the same as it does for me. I will contact you through ingame support so we can determine the issue.
As to the visual issues that are making it difficult for you (and others), first let me thank you for describing exactly what is creating the most problems for you. I am going to discuss this further with the people that can actually do something about it and see if there is not something we can do to improve this not just for yourself, but for everyone. Give me a little time on my end and I assure you I will post an update on visual issues with the overview as soon as possible. I actually have a few ideas of my own that might be of value to possibly improve this.

Where and when, exactly, were you going to contact me directly? Just remembered you'd said this. :)

DeletedUser7661

Hope that will include getting rid of that blinding white speech bubble, the white on green text, and moving the whole thing into the center instead of off to the side. I don't want to have to give up doing the quests. That will really take away a big part of the game for me. Not sure it would be worth it to keep playing in that case.

DeletedUser7905

Hello,
Thanks to the developers to think of us, I find it rather not bad but I may be an idea for you.

Why can not I hide some quests? That would prevent us from having to cancel what we do not want to do. Of course, we could display them at any time via the options menu.

DeletedUser7451

good: the possibility to 'never show again' the confirm to abort button
bad: the clustered view of quests. please return to the old view where there were all quests directly in the game
my wish: a selection that appears when aborting a reccuring quest that allows you to choose from the available reccuring quests

DeletedUser7265

Thanks a lot for killing the confirm button!
A new bug occurs now: If you click two times on collect fast you get an internal error.

DeletedUser7942

This helped and I love that we finally got it after all these years but...

abort quest - Copy.PNG

...cycling through quests is still slower than the old system because of the sliding animation to get the next quest.

sliding animation - Copy.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7107

it is still too slow bringing up the new quest, and having to scroll down after completing one is a major nuisance

DeletedUser8071

Im not understanding how you can say the game does not revolve around a certain play type. You do not need a balanced city to get ahead. You need a balanced guild to move ahead. We all play an important role. Without farmers the goods market would be a lot worse than it is. Without gb pushers the prints wouldnt flow. Without people running tons of quest, the rare goods in an era would be still rare. Without fighters...............I'll get back to you on that one.... My point is that we have enough useless gbs and items in the game....why make the chateau harder to use years later? The main aspects of this game should not be and is not GVG and GE. The main aspect of the game is team work and strategy. GVG is not the most rewarding part of the game. Having a team of people you get to know and trust, depend on, socialize with and build empires with is what it is about. No matter what you do in the game there is no main focus in a game you cant win. Only a direction in which a player will value. Players that value the same things, work together.

DeletedUser5429

The disabling of the confirmation window (for recurring quests only? Or for all side quests?) is a very good thing, thanks! :) :) :)

Now if you want people, especially on live servers, not to get mad, and maybe even to be really happy about this new window, there remain some possible improvements:
  • remove the new quest sliding (or make it way faster)
  • get the new quest faster (it seems the server is called every time a quest is aborted. For recurring quests, why not just load the quests list on the client one and for all?). Please note that on the app it is way faster than on the browser version
  • see all quests without needing to scroll
  • all quests panels should have the same height, so that when you abort one, there is no need to scroll or move up or down, and the abort button is in the same place as it was for the previous quest (do not say this is stupid, looking for every new quest where the abort button has jumped requires useless time and concentration)
  • the backgroung of the quests text shouldn't be as blindingly white

DeletedUser

IMG_1343.jpg
App: Even when quests are in process or finished it shows as if a quest is finished.
Other than that very nice interface!
Off-topica: love the new incidents :))