• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8222

Terrible thing
More Klicks without any need!
Animation needs only my time!
In German there is one word: 'Verschlimmbesserung' (In intention to make things better it goes more and more worse)

DeletedUser

I'm terribly sorry, but are you serious?

I am very serious.
However, listening to feedback and considering it does not mean we do everything every player asks for.
We did improve on the aborting confirmation as per player feedback for example, but we did not revert to the old version which was also in the feedback.
There are considerations when looking at a suggested idea in feedback beyond just the value of the idea by itself. Things also have to fit in with the already planned game content and design, with the balance of the game, and with future content that is already being prepared and worked on for release and testing here.

the one thing that bugs me is that you have to flip the quest to see what it is, and then flip it back to abort it.
Is there any way that the abort and quest could also be on the same side so there is less flipping?

I am not sure if that can be done but I am happy to pass it along.

SergeB1

Squire
I am very serious.
However, listening to feedback and considering it does not mean we do everything every player asks for.
We did improve on the aborting confirmation as per player feedback for example, but we did not revert to the old version which was also in the feedback.
There are considerations when looking at a suggested idea in feedback beyond just the value of the idea by itself. Things also have to fit in with the already planned game content and design, with the balance of the game, and with future content that is already being prepared and worked on for release and testing here.
Thank you for reply, indeed.
But could you consider to redesign the shape of this new icon to old square one? Do designers not see that such shape absolutely discorded or even disharmonized with other icons?
It seems that INNO team very like worlds "balance" and "rebalancing", so I'll try to say like that: new icon's look not balanced with other used in the game and definitely need rebalancing ;)

DeletedUser6447

But what if almost every player says he/she doesn't like it?
You say that Inno does listen, but I think it's like in politics.
They listen to you and then do as they want to...

DeletedUser

But could you consider to redesign the shape of this new icon to old square one?

This is very unlikely to happen.

new icon's look not balanced with other used in the game and definitely need rebalancing ;)

What if other parts of the UI were changed as well? What if the icons were just a bit smaller? I will pass on any reasonable suggestions for improving it. Keep in mind that visually we have to consider how it looks on the app as well, and app users tend to like bright, distinct graphics.

But what if almost every player says he/she doesn't like it?

Almost every player did not say this. In fact most of the negative feedback on it was from end tech and/or core players here on Beta, but that does not necessarily represent our entire player base.
Also I get that many of you have said you do not like it, but that means we (the Community) need to continue to come up with clear ideas to improve it.

DeletedUser7107

The disabling of the confirmation window (for recurring quests only? Or for all side quests?) is a very good thing, thanks! :) :) :)

Now if you want people, especially on live servers, not to get mad, and maybe even to be really happy about this new window, there remain some possible improvements:
  • remove the new quest sliding (or make it way faster)
  • get the new quest faster (it seems the server is called every time a quest is aborted. For recurring quests, why not just load the quests list on the client one and for all?). Please note that on the app it is way faster than on the browser version
  • see all quests without needing to scroll
  • all quests panels should have the same height, so that when you abort one, there is no need to scroll or move up or down, and the abort button is in the same place as it was for the previous quest (do not say this is stupid, looking for every new quest where the abort button has jumped requires useless time and concentration)
  • the backgroung of the quests text shouldn't be as blindingly white
yes, ditch the stupid sliding banner so we get to the next quest fast, and leave it at the top so i don't have to scroll down and this will be an excellent improvement over the old one

DeletedUser8381

It looks like there's another bug. After skipping a few quests I have the green tick that doesn't want to dissapear even though I don't have any completed quest.​
I'm getting this problem on mobile now as well.

DeletedUser7942

I have seen a preview of a fix that brings the next quest in faster, and I thought it looked much better. We should receive this at the first part of next week.
But wait I thought they never listen and don't fix anything:rolleyes:;):)

DeletedUser8277

I don't know if removing the confirmation box for all side quests is the best idea. Side quests get triggered by other things you do in game so a person gets very used to just having their RQs and may accidentally abort a side quest they weren't expecting. Ideally the confirmation should still show for one time quests but not for repeating quests. I couldn't imagine it would be hard to code as they already trigger different abort confirmation windows (this quest will probably show up again etc) so RQs are already coded to bring about separate instances when aborted. One would imagine then the ability for them to code abort confirmation null in replace of the already separate abort boxes would end up with non repeatable quests still needing confirmation and RQs not.

That being said it's nice that they are listening and I personally would rather the chance of accidentally aborting a one time quest than spending twice as long, with twice as many clicks doing my RQs. Hopefully with the changes made to the slide animation coming this quest window will take less time than the old and be an actual upgrade to what was there before it.

Though in a dream world RQs would be separated out entirely from side quests which would allow people to not have to abort side quests that may take some time in order to get to the RQs they can do right at that moment. I hope that that may be the long play intention of this new overview.

SergeB1

Squire
What if other parts of the UI were changed as well? What if the icons were just a bit smaller?

If all parts will be changed and become a bit smaller it would be nice, but now one big 2/3 of oval surrounding of small square icons looks very unpleasant.

Keep in mind that visually we have to consider how it looks on the app as well, and app users tend to like bright, distinct graphics.
And the same for app - brightness of graphics is very different issue from shape and size of icons.

DeletedUser7107

I have seen a preview of a fix that brings the next quest in faster, and I thought it looked much better. We should receive this at the first part of next week.
Very good. i think that will do the job.the graphics are immaterial to me it is the action that is important

DeletedUser7855

Almost every player did not say this. In fact most of the negative feedback on it was from end tech and/or core players here on Beta, but that does not necessarily represent our entire player base.
Are you kidding? Almost every post in that topic is negative, because new "rebalanced" window consumes more time and looks terrible. Tech and/or core players knows how things works and many of them also wrote about how to improve that. New players don't even know that this forum exist and/or how the old window works. If you are gathering feedback just by comparing usage statistics before and after update - you are on the wrong way, especially if you are doing that on beta-server.

DeletedUser5955

why the game must be the same on PC and on android phone?
i do not use phone app for one simple reason phone can be phone and GPS but for gameing i have PC
and honetsly i do not care how much diffrent the grapics are - even if i used the app - game could be black and white and app could be red- blue i would care since all the underground code is nearly the same

Are you kidding? Almost every post in that topic is negative, because new "rebalanced" window consumes more time and looks terrible. Tech and/or core players knows how things works and many of them also wrote about how to improve that. New players don't even know that this forum exist and/or how the old window works. If you are gathering feedback just by comparing usage statistics before and after update - you are on the wrong way, especially if you are doing that on beta-server.
I'm in OF and have had this forum account for year(s?) and I dig the new window. I dont like the scrolling, but I like having all the quests viewable in one place. IT REDUCES CLICKING. I dont understand how anyone can argue that more clicking is involved in this, it takes the same amount of clicks at most to do one quest, but it reduces clicks when doing multiple repeat quests at the same time since you dont have to switch windows.

Positive note - It is less clicking for recurring quests (bit confusing calling them side quests)
Negative note - if the idea was to use less space then making the icon twice as big as the old ones seems a strange way to go about it. It does not fit in with the other icon on the page (treasure hunt)
Overall though I believe this to be an improvement, but I can't really test it properly until it goes live and I try doing 100 quests a day in my main world

vesgouo

Baronet
What bothers me most is this cartoon style, intended for children. The players of this game (I believe) is adult.
This look hurts the eyes.... It's harder to understand, more confusing.
The old look was simpler and more easy to read.

DeletedUser7059

Also I get that many of you have said you do not like it, but that means we (the Community) need to continue to come up with clear ideas to improve it.
Allright? So tell me please, what else, if not a sample of players from all or allmost all communitys(compleat player base), is beta?
Becoase i understand beta community this way.
And if beta community tells in feedback that "This is wrong, we dont want it." and IG still release it to live servers... What feedback you expect from live servers? Happines? I dont think so. I think it will be exactly same bad feedback as you get here.

DeletedUser7107

I'm in OF and have had this forum account for year(s?) and I dig the new window. I dont like the scrolling, but I like having all the quests viewable in one place. IT REDUCES CLICKING. I dont understand how anyone can argue that more clicking is involved in this, it takes the same amount of clicks at most to do one quest, but it reduces clicks when doing multiple repeat quests at the same time since you dont have to switch windows.
but it takes a lot longer, that's the real issue