• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8061

They are appearing today, and the same crap as usual.
That's strange. Half a day has passed and none appeared for me. While usually when I login in the morning there are at least 4 of them.

Update: They're back after the update!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
Today it is the first time that I have found a roadblock incident on an alloy walkway (just found one on .de5). After searching for them for a long time without finding one, I was already thinking that there are no roadblock incidents on OF roads - until one minute ago.

Maybe Inno should again review the visibility of roadblock incidents, especially on 1x1 roads!

vakini

Squire
when events like Fall or Easter are running, why arent "Insident" updated, to give appels/eggs as one of the chances too?

DeletedUser8304

Hi

If the intention is to replace the Treasure Hunt with incidents then I would like to vote that we keep the Treasure Hunt.

Cheers

DeletedUser7951

If those 2 goods "rewards" where from the next age, I think that would make it slightly more interesting. Those in the last age would sadly not benefit from that, would just be +2 goods.

DeletedUser8489

If those 2 goods "rewards" where from the next age, I think that would make it slightly more interesting. Those in the last age would sadly not benefit from that, would just be +2 goods.

Incidents are aged based ... the higher the age the better the rewards. ie:
  • Age 1: 5 supplies
  • Age 2: 15 supplies
  • Age 3: 30 supplies
  • etc ...
So I don't think "last age" players have to worry about getting '2 GOODS' rewards. ;) But otherwise I think that is a great idea.

If the intention is to replace the Treasure Hunt with incidents then I would like to vote that we keep the Treasure Hunt.

I would agree. But that is because on the 'live' server I get maybe 1 to 3 incidents a day. Here in 'Beta' I get 7 to 10 per day. If that is the way things are meant to work on 'live' then I say, "Keep the Captain!" because Incidents are a complete joke there! :eek: (yes, Heresy!)

DeletedUser8341

I just realised that Incidents are no longer glowing on the app. (iOS, iPad)

I quite like the Incidents but I've never had the rhino on a raft - just canoes in the sea areas (and the other stuff like campfires and distress signals). I'd quite like to see a rhino.

DeletedUser8341

They do for me on Live, but it's not glowing all the time. More of a fade on and off very slowly.
Yes, a little too slowly (move screen view, wait to spot one .. wait .. wait .. wait .. there's one) but it's far better than nothing. Indeed, while waiting for one to reveal itself, I am obviously hunting for any, so it's probably fine, so long as it works.

I have just looked around my city and I don't think I have an Incident, which is unusual in itself. I'll try to remember checking for them later.

...I've never had the rhino on a raft...
How many rafts are there that can support a rhino's weight? They are in short supply, you know!

DeletedUser7951

So I don't think "last age" players have to worry about getting '2 GOODS' rewards
I thought the goods amount were fixed for all ages, meaning every age could get 2 or 5 goods (maybe 10 as well) I knew supplies changed, but I don't see why goods would. Anyway thanks for letting me know.

I better change the wording of my suggestion then, the lowest-amount-of-goods incident could be swapped for the same amount of goods but for one age up. Making it a tad bit more interesting but still not a game changer in any way.

DeletedUser8489

From what I can tell from my spreadsheets, which are not complete of course, the 'goods' rewards do creep up with ages. But not to a great amount. They start out at 2 in BA/IA and by HMA are up to 5. (no 2's are found there at all) I made an assumption that they continued to increase due to somebody on 'live' telling me they did ... you've got me wondering now. :)

Maybe somebody here in Colonial or higher can let us know what they sit at there?

DeletedUser6863

I am in progressive era and I have had 2 & 5 goods but no 10's. As far as I know the goods change with the sort of incident you get. Common 2 goods, uncommon 5 goods and rare 10 goods.

DeletedUser8489

I am in progressive era and I have had 2 & 5 goods but no 10's. As far as I know the goods change with the sort of incident you get. Common 2 goods, uncommon 5 goods and rare 10 goods.

Hmmmm ... I'm not seeing that at all on 'live'. Maybe things are different on the live server than here? Maybe ...

On live in HMA, where I've been tracking it since they came out with it originally, I have gotten nothing but 5's. I would think that after 6 weeks or more I surely would have gotten some 2's and 10's if they were using a 'common, uncommon, rare" scenario. They say they ARE (?) using that scenario (supposedly) for the incidents themselves but have not stated the same for 'rewards/goods/age' (not that I've ever read).

Here, in Beta, I have gotten 2's only BA. And 2's, a couple of 5's and a 10 in IA, but I don't see them linked to any specific "rare" set of 'incidents'yet. Goods show up everywhere here and in 'live'. But that would support your theory. So you are probably right ... here in Beta. :):)

Between 'live' and 'beta' I guess I've probably been comparing apples and oranges. :(

DeletedUser6863

I think I am correct that the 3 different types of incidents have 3 different flashing colours around them. The Common one has a white light and gives 2 goods, the uncommon one has a green light around it and gives 5 goods. Not having had a rare one that gives 10 goods I don't know the colour. I never play on mobile so I don't know how they appear there. I can also only say what happens on Beta as I don't have incidents on any of my worlds on the en server.

DeletedUser8471

I think I am correct that the 3 different types of incidents have 3 different flashing colours around them. The Common one has a white light and gives 2 goods, the uncommon one has a green light around it and gives 5 goods. Not having had a rare one that gives 10 goods I don't know the colour. I never play on mobile so I don't know how they appear there. I can also only say what happens on Beta as I don't have incidents on any of my worlds on the en server.

Intriguing... I'll have to pay more attention. I had noticed there were different colors to the glow effect but hadn't noticed a pattern. Will watch for that now for sure

agramer66

Steward
Telling us what goods we get really improved the "incidents"... and prizes got better (OK, they are still insignificant, but are at least no bad joke as they were used to be..), so, for once :)):):)), you did good , Inno!!!

Achaeus

Marquis
It seems the increase in the rewards would have merited some comment in the daily change log to tell us rather than letting us figure it out.