• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

Haven't seen any incidents flashing on the app either. Mine is android, but I haven't played Beta much there the last week. I know there has been incidents while I logged in but haven't seen them before I logged onto browser (been multiple incidents then). I have to agree with Prinza non-flashing incidents are useless. The number of players bothering to search for them surely has to be less than players that used the treasure hunt. Even if they upp'ed the prizes.

DeletedUser7959

Could we get rename of "incidents" to "trash hunting"? Like, it was ok, when there were few of them but with a normal amount of FPs and goods. But now... I'm getting 170 coins/supplies in 80% of cases. Literally, I see trash in my city, not "new / interesting / useful / interactiv..." stuff. Remove or improve it.

DeletedUser7951

I did see one incident on my app - I can now confirm that they do not flash green on my app (android). Is it supposed to?

Tbh I thought this was inno's normal "app is second to browser, deal with it" attitude. Could be Iphone has the better deal ? If so the devs should all go into the the corner of shame wearing dunce hats.

SergeB1

Squire
I did see one incident on my app - I can now confirm that they do not flash green on my app (android). Is it supposed to?
I've made 5 sec video from my android's app with flashing incidents, but I haven't had any idea how to upload it here... Any website like prntscr.com but for video?

DeletedUser7780

I Love the incidents, I spend just a few minutes a few times a day to go look, just like I do for apple trees. If you don't want to bother with it then don't, but they have helped me alot.

DeletedUser8469

Good evening, everyone!

I like Incidents : many gifts very interesting for my city here (beta) : I'm in Bronze Age

But, but, but I have a request about the other server where I play : the french one.

On the french server, one or two weeks ago, Incidents were given to two-thirds of the players only. Not funny for those who do not have the incidents.

I've asked on beta server : some players told me that Incidents aren't on en server yet.

I hope that FOE will install Incidents for all players at the same time on other servers

ZENA

Marquis
@Zarok Dai there is no incidents on the EN server. And there was a announcement for it but so far its been reported there is non
can u find out for us
hank you

DeletedUser8469

@Zarok Dai

I really like to understand :)

Thank you for your time!

@Zarok Dai

Hello,

For some days, the incidents have appeared for some players on different French servers.
There is a sense of inequality with other players.
Can we find out why?
Thank you

It is odd the way this is being done. Started testing on Beta, then limited tests on the German, and I thought I read on the International one, then they just began limited testing on the US server, released fully on German, now back to testing here?:confused: I guess ya gotta do watchya gotta do;) But yeah according to foestats beta has 4,669 active player (I think inactive to them means 24hours of inactivity), though I don't think their stats include players below 5k points, Germany 155,276, US 129,449, I was surprised Germany had more since US has 3 more worlds.

https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/neues-feature-ereignisse.27540/#post-217931
http://foestats.com/zz/zz1/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

DeletedUser7781

Those that don't like it can skip them... Just 1 little request from me: Having to click "OK" every time is annoying. Do it like in GE or when visiting taverns: click anywhere to close.
Same goes for the apple trees of course! That's a lot of unnecessary clicks each day!

DeletedUser8341

Tbh I thought this was inno's normal "app is second to browser, deal with it" attitude. Could be Iphone has the better deal ? If so the devs should all go into the the corner of shame wearing dunce hats.
Not flashing on my iPad. It's a real pain and non-flashing apple trees even more so. My colour-blindness, common to 8% of males, prevents me easily seeing red or brown on a green background. So, I just randomly tap around on the screen while wonderig if this game is something I can honestly say I am enyoying.

DeletedUser8471

The rewards structure for this is so baffling to me. On my main world (US Sinerania, HMA era) the rewards I have seen from Incidents are:

60 Coins/Supplies (more than 50% of the incidents I find are these, most likely it's closer to 65/70%)

40/80 medals (I'd say maybe 5% for these, mostly the smaller one)

Goods rewarded at various increments (have seen 2, 5 and 15 on various worlds and in beta world) I would say maybe 10% of the time.

Blueprints I have gotten a few but unsure really of how many from incidents. (Most likely 5% of the time)

Forge Points (mostly seeing those on the other worlds I play in) in increments of 1, 2, 5(?), and 10 (maybe 5%, and that's stretching it)

Then there's the Motivation kits and various boosts (I have only seen 10% Increment Boost items) which I would say is about 5%.

I have yet to see Diamonds as a rewards, but know of others that have gotten multiple ones, all at 5 Diamonds each. (Most likely 1% of the time rewarded)

The problem I see here is the amounts rewarded. When you compare them to other rewards from Recurring Quests or just Buildings in your city, the Coins/Supplies are pathetic at best (and I'm being nice here).

To really make this a viable reward for players to utilize I believe the rewards need to be tweaked more.

Coins/Supplies: Somewhere around 500 for HMA I feel would be more rewarding (Scaling for other ages), and lowering to being rewarded 50% of the time (50/50 chance for either when selected by the games the reward)

Medals/Goods/Blueprints: Change to 13% reward chance for each, but keep the amount given the same.

Forge Points and Boost Items: 5% reward chance for each, but change the fps to packs. (And then 60% for 2's, 30% for 5's and 10% for 10's, and maybe a similar structure for boost items)

Diamonds: keep at 1% reward chance but maybe increase to 10 instead of 5.

Adjusting the rewards this way, and offering at least 10 incidents a day would net rewards that would make it worth looking around your city frequently on a daily basis.

Anyone with thoughts on this?

DeletedUser8341

The problem I see here is the amounts rewarded. When you compare them to other rewards from Recurring Quests or just Buildings in your city, the Coins/Supplies are pathetic at best (and I'm being nice here).
I have the opposite problem.

I don't see why I am getting ANY 'reward'. It is not really a reward because what did I do? I tapped around the screen on my iPad [I can't see all the Incidents clearly (nothing to do with the screen, which is very high resolution, it is the colours involved) and especially not the current apple trees, so I just randomly tap around, picking up what might be there]. I don't see that as any kind of activity that merits a reward in a "build your empire" or "strategy" game.

As people have said, I don't have to bother with Incidents but that goes against nature, to not pick up free stuff that is there for the taking.

However, there is no story line linked to these Incidents; the only relevance they have to the rest of the game is the 'prize' given out; there is no notice that I have missed one or more - so if I miss some, I have no idea (true of apple trees as well as Incidents); there isn't even an explanation of why I should have some supplies for tapping/clicking on an SOS (one of the ones I do see clearly). The frequency of them is baffling to any sense of story: I have had three SOS signs in one picking .. is that likely in reality?

No, the problem is not that what you get is less than what you get from having to complete a quest to achieve a reward. The problem is that there is any 'reward' at all.

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai there is no incidents on the EN server. And there was a announcement for it but so far its been reported there is non
can u find out for us
hank you

The announcement was not intended to be displayed yet, so more of a false alarm than anything :)

Pafton

Viceroy
My feedback after the incidents being around for quite some time:
Incidents aren't bad. They are completely voluntary and though it was difficult to spot them earlier, I think it has been rectified now as I personally have been able to find them comparatively easily.

The rewards are most of the times just a miserly amount of coins and supplies, but rarely I've received motivation kits too. I feel that its okay, you get something without much effort. And, as the wise men say, "Oceans are made of drops", every little bit helps.

However, I still feel that we do need an Incidents Counter, though with Z.D. saying that nothing is planned that closes the topic.

DeletedUser8471

I have the opposite problem.

I don't see why I am getting ANY 'reward'. It is not really a reward because what did I do? I tapped around the screen on my iPad [I can't see all the Incidents clearly (nothing to do with the screen, which is very high resolution, it is the colours involved) and especially not the current apple trees, so I just randomly tap around, picking up what might be there]. I don't see that as any kind of activity that merits a reward in a "build your empire" or "strategy" game.

As people have said, I don't have to bother with Incidents but that goes against nature, to not pick up free stuff that is there for the taking.

However, there is no story line linked to these Incidents; the only relevance they have to the rest of the game is the 'prize' given out; there is no notice that I have missed one or more - so if I miss some, I have no idea (true of apple trees as well as Incidents); there isn't even an explanation of why I should have some supplies for tapping/clicking on an SOS (one of the ones I do see clearly). The frequency of them is baffling to any sense of story: I have had three SOS signs in one picking .. is that likely in reality?

No, the problem is not that what you get is less than what you get from having to complete a quest to achieve a reward. The problem is that there is any 'reward' at all.

I understand your frustration with not being able to find them, given the color choices for color blind folks it baffles me why they didn't think of this before. Is there any kind of color they could put around the border of them to make them stand out on the green background? They flash, but flash green so not really helpful with color blind players, maybe switch the flash color and add a border to it that is color blind friendly?

And as for the rewards, to me it just seems way off balance. The majority of the time it's just trash (meaningless coins/supplies) and this was meant to help replace the Treasure Hunt, which actually gave out decent rewards. I could finish the Treasure hunt once per day and get bps, medals and fps all at a much higher rate than what the Incidents will drop. I was more asking that the %chance to get the better rewards was adjusted some, by lowering the frequency of the coins/supplies and increasing the amount given by that to even out to equate to an extra couple 1-4 hour housing/production collections.

DeletedUser8341

I understand your frustration with not being able to find them, given the color choices for color blind folks it baffles me why they didn't think of this before. Is there any kind of color they could put around the border of them to make them stand out on the green background? They flash, but flash green so not really helpful with color blind players, maybe switch the flash color and add a border to it that is color blind friendly?
I can only speak personally but if the apple trees flashed/glowed I could see them! I have see it on browser and it is fine. On the app, Incidents and apple trees just sit there passively.

Most systems showing red on green (or vice versa) offer an option to change the 'version' of red (or green). For me, orange is fine, for others, they need to go towards purple. I realise it isn't so easy to offer alternate colours with graphics but the glowing (changing the contrast) will stand out even for people totally colour blind (i.e. they see in monochrome).

DeletedUser8092

I think it is so much nicer to find incidents now with flashing light behind them! Thank you for change. Makes it more fun to look for them.
Problems I feel are there are now to MANY incidents with more worthless prizes. I would rather see less incidents with better prizes yet garenteed at least 3 on map so its worth looking. Also Several players have talked with me about how we feel prizes should be more on Era . Like higher eras dont need supplies and coins as much. Worthless to get in a incident. Even me being in HMA I feel they are worthless.
Thank You for Listening to our suggestions. We appricate the work you do!

Cardena

Squire
Why did I get to screens about incidents today? First one explaining there may be incidents in my city when I logged in, sounded as if they had not been there before, and the second explaining the nature of incidents when I clicked on the first after the first screen.
Are you testing the information screens or what?

WillyWuff17

Squire
Why did I get to screens about incidents today? First one explaining there may be incidents in my city when I logged in, sounded as if they had not been there before, and the second explaining the nature of incidents when I clicked on the first after the first screen.
Are you testing the information screens or what?

Here too. Maybe they have been restarted. But they are still broken, only 85 Coins ;-(