• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8381

I got the "introducing incidents" popup on live L world when I logged in, and have found 3. All rewards were nerfed from beta. So it's live in some worlds, but less.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Can we please have a definitive statement regarding the apparent nerfing on Incident rewards. If it is an error and going to be fixed ok, if not, I can just ignor anything which is not immediately apparent.

DeletedUser5097

Absolutely changed. I used to get 1300 Supplies from a common incident (I´m in OF). Just found one which gave me 270.
That is realy bad. 1.3K suplies in OF was already not much, but it's also what you can get from TH,
if TH will return as it was, but 270 coins is just insane low. Just making this much higher on the
list of ''let's remove it'' stuff, where the TH came by to low amount of players doing it and making
it exclusive for pc, even while it would fit perfectly on app as many players before already pointed
out in a another tread.
I hope that if they want us to keep searching for the accidents, they have to increase the rewards,
not decreasing.:p A minigame as suggested by another users would make it slightly more fun
to do, but still less fun as TH. Besides of this...
Well if they think the stats of accidents of Béta are now something they can trust, they are
wrong. Currently the fall event is running, during this event you can find apple trees, you
can't do anything more for the event besides of that when you completed the event missions,
soo many players are searching for them. In the process they find free stuff to grab from
accidents, because they looking for trees and accidents spawn like trees arround your
city. Also it may be something worth to grab, maybe not and you did see it already so
you grab it anyways. I'm pretty sure that when the fall event is over they can see that
the stats of number of active players how ussing accidents will going down very fast to
a very low number.
As I did said about the combination of the Fall event and apple trees, I think the stats for
accidents users will explode during events where you can grab yourself some extra event
currency arround your city and drop extremely in the mean time where no events supporting
this system. So it will perhaps follow the same way as TH... and with making the reward worst
than they where they will increase this effect.

DeletedUser8055

Why has the value suddenly gone down, has this been announced? It's not worth bothering with any more. I only pick them up cos of the Fall event and looking for trees. Certainly incidents don't replace the TH, even less so now. Waste of time.

Lionhead

Baronet
That is realy bad. 1.3K suplies in OF was already not much, but it's also what you can get from TH,
if TH will return as it was, but 270 coins is just insane low. Just making this much higher on the
list of ''let's remove it'' stuff, where the TH came by to low amount of players doing it and making
it exclusive for pc, even while it would fit perfectly on app as many players before already pointed
out in a another tread.
I hope that if they want us to keep searching for the accidents, they have to increase the rewards,
not decreasing.:p A minigame as suggested by another users would make it slightly more fun
to do, but still less fun as TH. Besides of this...
Well if they think the stats of accidents of Béta are now something they can trust, they are
wrong. Currently the fall event is running, during this event you can find apple trees, you
can't do anything more for the event besides of that when you completed the event missions,
soo many players are searching for them. In the process they find free stuff to grab from
accidents, because they looking for trees and accidents spawn like trees arround your
city. Also it may be something worth to grab, maybe not and you did see it already so
you grab it anyways. I'm pretty sure that when the fall event is over they can see that
the stats of number of active players how ussing accidents will going down very fast to
a very low number.
As I did said about the combination of the Fall event and apple trees, I think the stats for
accidents users will explode during events where you can grab yourself some extra event
currency arround your city and drop extremely in the mean time where no events supporting
this system. So it will perhaps follow the same way as TH... and with making the reward worst
than they where they will increase this effect.

Both the new amount AND the old amount was very low, and makes no impact whatsoever.
But I pretty much have figured out, why the numbers has been lowered.
It seems that the announced numbers of 0-5 incidents a day has been changed. I have found 10+ incidents since I came back from work today 9 hrs ago.
What really surprises me is that this haven´t been announced anywhere.

PrinceArthur

Steward
Cutting the prizes turns out to be a little heavy ... now it's more like throwing out a few pennies to the floor ... basically not worth picking them up but too sad to leave them there :-(
Might think about a rebalance again.

Manganite

Merchant
Both the new amount AND the old amount was very low, and makes no impact whatsoever.
It seems that the announced numbers of 0-5 incidents a day has been changed. I have found 10+ incidents since I came back from work today 9 hrs ago.
That's correct, according to the German Wiki they increased it to 10-15 incidents per day. So they had to lower the outcome per incident. During the test on the German server some people got insane high numbers of FP everyday.

So they had to adjust the values. And even though they decreased some values per incident, the total win per day has been increased for coins and tools (at least for the lower ages). Only problem I see, they lowered the chance to win FP hat now you basically get nothing per day. On average maybe 1 every 2 or three days. For goods I'm not sure. But seems to be also drastically lower output.

DeletedUser5429

That's correct, according to the German Wiki they increased it to 10-15 incidents per day. So they had to lower the outcome per incident. During the test on the German server some people got insane high numbers of FP everyday.

So they had to adjust the values. And even though they decreased some values per incident, the total win per day has been increased for coins and tools (at least for the lower ages). Only problem I see, they lowered the chance to win FP hat now you basically get nothing per day. On average maybe 1 every 2 or three days. For goods I'm not sure. But seems to be also drastically lower output.
I thought tests were done on beta. Did I miss something?

Manganite

Merchant
I thought tests were done on beta. Did I miss something?
Yes, there was an extended A/B Test on the German servers for rougly 4 weeks. Some part of the players got incidents, others not. And the ones who got the incidents were divided in further subgroups getting diferent numbers of incidents per day.

Obviously the outcome of that test was to increase the number of incidents but lowering the output per incident. Most drastically for FP.

SergeB1

Squire

I've been looking for incidents only because they gave pretty often fps and goods, but now more incidents with crap: few coins and supplies, instead of 5-10 goods only 2 (TWO!!! goods), ridiculous.
I really would like to see the answer from anybody from Inno's development team (not Zarok Dai, but dev team from Inno office) what stuff they are smocking when they are coming to decision to introduce interesting thing and than decrees it

DeletedUser8410

Incidents went from "a little overpowered" to "not worth it". Can't we find a happy medium please?

I should get forge points at least once in a while. When they started I was getting 2 or 5 fp several times a day, now it is none times a day.

The motivation kits are nice and I hear you can get diamonds too? That's great! But an infinitesimal amount of coins/supplies 85% of the time can't be what you guys had in mind? :( Not to mention no forge points at all.

At least with treasure hunt we had the chance at 17fp a day.

DeletedUser5097

Agreed, but decreassing will at least not helping this making better. Then I'm not the only one how
did not see any announced.:) I fought I just mist it. No mater how many more of this free hidden
crap eh ''rewards'' are spawning, as long it's not worth it it's not a good replacment of the TH,
nor helpfull. Since the chance on finding something good is now pretty much lower, it makes
it less worth it and it was already not realy worth it anyways.
Incidents went from "a little overpowered" to "not worth it". Can't we find a happy medium please?

I should get forge points at least once in a while. When they started I was getting 2 or 5 fp several times a day, now it is none times a day.

The motivation kits are nice and I hear you can get diamonds too? That's great! But an infinitesimal amount of coins/supplies 85% of the time can't be what you guys had in mind? :( Not to mention no forge points at all.

At least with treasure hunt we had the chance at 17fp a day.
Exactly TH is much better. Can we replace the incidents with the polishd TH that is also on the app, please?
Sure you can find diamonds. I did find during the event once it. It was 5 diamonds, pretty worth it or let me
said I could built a WW and get once by luck 50 diamonds. It's just more likely that my WW will give me
once in a while 50 diamonds, then this me 10x 5 diamonds.;) So I know what I''ll do for extra diamonds.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
This has become yet another pointless clicking exercise except we now have to waste additional time searching around for the items to click on. Fewer incidnets with higher rewards will have a much better effect and be far more attactive to us customers.

DeletedUser7246

This has become yet another pointless clicking exercise except we now have to waste additional time searching around for the items to click on. Fewer incidnets with higher rewards will have a much better effect and be far more attactive to us customers.
Agree. Fewer incidents with higher rewards were good. To get 170 coins for a click - it's disapointing. And I wish not to have to click on them. 2 goods per 1 incident? And I found them only 4 times from 39 clicking. 18 times - were coins. I'll be happy enough if you reduce number of clicking just by removing coin-content incidents from the fields. It's almost a half of all!

DeletedUser

Can we please have a definitive statement regarding the apparent nerfing on Incident rewards. If it is an error and going to be fixed ok, if not, I can just ignor anything which is not immediately apparent.

We are currently testing several different balancing scenarios with incidents, so this is why many of you have noticed changes in either frequency or reward amounts. Once enough data is gathered the devs will determine the best balance and that is what will likely be fully released on the live servers.

Manganite

Merchant
We are currently testing several different balancing scenarios with incidents, so this is why many of you have noticed changes in either frequency or reward amounts. Once enough data is gathered the devs will determine the best balance and that is what will likely be fully released on the live servers.
That's interesting, cause it was now released on the German servers for all players 2 days ago. Along with the announcement, that they now collected enough data and made the final adjustments...

Cardena

Squire
I think we all know this is Beta. And I suppose all players thought Beta is for testing new content.
But, on the German Server we were told, that there are not enough players on Beta so there had to be some testing on the live server. But it now seemed as if the test ended. And now, there is again testing with the same feature here on Beta? That is a bit vexing.

DeletedUser7942

I think we all know this is Beta. And I suppose all players thought Beta is for testing new content.
But, on the German Server we were told, that there are not enough players on Beta so there had to be some testing on the live server. But it now seemed as if the test ended. And now, there is again testing with the same feature here on Beta? That is a bit vexing.
It is odd the way this is being done. Started testing on Beta, then limited tests on the German, and I thought I read on the International one, then they just began limited testing on the US server, released fully on German, now back to testing here?:confused: I guess ya gotta do watchya gotta do;) But yeah according to foestats beta has 4,669 active player (I think inactive to them means 24hours of inactivity), though I don't think their stats include players below 5k points, Germany 155,276, US 129,449, I was surprised Germany had more since US has 3 more worlds.

https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/neues-feature-ereignisse.27540/#post-217931
http://foestats.com/zz/zz1/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

SergeB1

Squire
Incidents with 5 goods returned, also some with medals...
If you want to make a person happy, take away something from him, and than in a while give it back ;)