• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

conqueror9

Regent
if possible, please show us "how to turn off shaking of soldier in battelfield"

there is problem of moving soldier to fight,
and some problem in controlling mouse
which induce difficulties in moving soldier to fight

B4 introduce HTML5, it is fine
the fighting is smooth

the HTML seems occupy some features that cause problem of screen and
affect mouse
in other words, overload our video ram /display.....etc

conqueror9

Regent
I think it is call "animation"

in past , it take me 1 to 3 minutes for a battle

this animation (HTML5) cause me more than 6 to 10 mins for a battles

very upset

I do not mind some people like it and they want it
but give us a option
for those who do not like it, able to turn it off

housemouse

Squire
Unfortunately unplayable, even with today's update.
City runs in slow motion. Opening windows takes up to a minute. Sorry, even a test is impossible for me.

Player: housemouse
World: dunarsund
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser Version: Firefox 54.0.1.

DeletedUser16

I think it is call "animation"

in past , it take me 1 to 3 minutes for a battle

this animation (HTML5) cause me more than 6 to 10 mins for a battles
Could you share your configuration?
What OS, what browser etc?
Thanks!

but give us a option
for those who do not like it, able to turn it off
As explained in the announcement, it is there. You will find it in the settings screen.

Unfortunately unplayable, even with today's update.
City runs in slow motion. Opening windows takes up to a minute. Sorry, even a test is impossible for me.

Player: housemouse
World: dunarsund
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser Version: Firefox 54.0.1.
Could you update to the latest FF version (59) and check again?

DeletedUser5324

No, it's the power consumption shown in the activity overview.
I've attached a screenshot; it's the higlihted item that shows extremely high values - of course did not when i pressed the button :D

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.46.54.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.46.54.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 17

conqueror9

Regent
Could you share your configuration?
What OS, what browser etc?
Thanks!

As explained in the announcement, it is there. You will find it in the settings screen.

Could you update to the latest FF version (59) and check again?

1.124.d899c1e803 (04.04.2018 8:23), conqueror9 (57869), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Chrome/65.0.3325.181, 1680x919, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

My current info are as above

Bryfft
I suppose you do not play FoE !!!

If you play FoE, u will know
many player, like me, has turn 'animation" off

If you really play FoE
you will know
inside setting , turning "animation" on/off has no effect on our situation

Please check your answer b4 providing a answer to player

I have expereince this
when I start , FoE seems run nomrally
when I go to fight in GE
as i say, very bad
after I go back to main screen and
find my city is at slow-motion

DeletedUser8262

On the battle screen all the units are continually moving forward and back, its only a slight movement but not very good on the eyes. After 12 - 15 fights things started to slow down and when returning to city any actions were slow with jerky graphics. Relogging helps but after only a few repetetive actions, ie aiding/visiting taverns, things slow down again. Very similar feel to when memory leaks were a big issue, but i'm no computer expert.

Using win10, 4gb ram and browser is chrome. All available updates installed, history and cache cleaned every time browser closes

housemouse

Squire
Could you elaborate on this a bit more? :) What does not work, exactly, when using the latest version?

okay, my last check was with a previous version. 55, 56, and I think I tried the 57 too. I am not sure about that.
The game is froze after every action.
I not only had problems with FoE, but also with other websites.
I will test it again on occasion with the current version 59 and then get in touch.

DeletedUser16

Bryfft
I suppose you do not play FoE !!!

If you play FoE, u will know
many player, like me, has turn 'animation" off

If you really play FoE
you will know
inside setting , turning "animation" on/off has no effect on our situation
Sorry, but I really don't know what you're referring to :(. I never suggested that you switch animations off. I only told you that you can switch HTML5 off :). Sorry if that was not clear enough.
Also, thanks for providing your setup info :).

I will test it again on occasion with the current version 59 and then get in touch.
Thank you! :)

I have expereince this
when I go to fight in GE
as i say, very bad

I had a similar experience, by accident I looked at chrome://gpu and it turned out that the hardware accelerated rendering path had crashed and the browser had reverted to software only rendering.

So, for everyone on Opera or Chrome, I would recommend to check (and report) the status of the hardware accelerated compositing when experiencing performance problems.

In Firefox the hardware information can be found under about:support, look for HW_COMPOSITING.

On my Nvidia M1000M the difference between software rendering and hardware oflload is quite drastic.

DeletedUser7246

I have expereince this
when I go to fight in GE
as i say, very bad

Almost the same experience.
In the morning I do 2 points in GE by fighting - and they were very fast. That was very different from my first time of trying html5 on FoE. First time was horribly slow. A city works fine too, so I didn't turn html5 off.
But in the evening... Each one of next 8 battles in GE was slower than the previous. After the 8th I finished Daily Challenge, collect reward and pressed buttton "Back to City". And after a 2minutes waiting I saw grey screen with a message "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage". F5 helped and city appeared again, fast and beautiful, by the way. Have no problems with city.(P.S. animation of city is off)

Chromium Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigertjheu

Squire
I believe that there can be a major change to the game with this new update.
While collecting trees around your city you get a pop-up, also when you finish a mission and you get blueprints you get a pop-up.
I think that if the pop-up goes, it can make space for something new.
If you collect anything around your city like a tree, let it change smooth to coins, and than move that coins in a smooth motion to the coins counter.
No more pop-ups, but smooth moves :)

DeletedUser4282

Hi, the html5 version on beta seems to be running very well!
There are a few hickups, but then the Flash version has been doing that for years!!
It would be nice if Live servers get the option to switch!!
My computer runs Intel Core (TM) i5 -460 CPU, Ram 8 GB
64 bit Op. Sys. Win10 home version 1709, os build 16299.309
Latest Chrome Browser, best browser ever! Tried most of the other ones, but the only
backup I use is Opera! Cheers and good work so far!!:)
My Internet is one of the faster ones, 100/40 that translate to when I click on stuff it pops
up without waiting time!!;)

DeletedUser8887

Hi - I'm running Opera - latest update - and have had a lot of problems with html5. I didn't realize it was turned on. It wouldn't load the background sometimes. It also froze frequently. I kept having to reload. I finally figured out it was on. after I turned it off everything works great.

DeletedUser7262

i am sorry but this feature still extremely slows down the game

DeletedUser7262

It would be super helpful if you could share your setup :).

ok i use win 8.1 latest version
my browser is google chrome
quad drivers for my CPU
not sure what else you need when i turn off this and return to flash it runs smoothly with little lag for now

DeletedUser7246

What happen with html5 again? In the morning the City was colourful and outskirts were green, Now - again everything is black except roads, tavern and icons of ready-to-harvest or non-working production as it was at first days of introduction of html5... And slow like in beginning...