• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

I just realized that along with the forum option not available in game by right click neither is contact support. I was able to find it through settings thanks to another user here posting about the forum link. I think it may be better to move it to a more conspicuous location before the port so players still know how to contact you all when needed.

RedRed

Viceroy
I think it may be better to move it to a more conspicuous location before the port so players still know how to contact you all when needed.
They can always create a ownerdrawn context menu on right click, it isn't too hard (and there are some good baked solutions around - like this)...

Last edited:

DeletedUser6484

On live server, we received a message stating that developers are putting finishing touches on HTML5 version. I hope that's a premature statement. The performance of the HTML version on beta is still very bad for me compared to the Flash version I'm using on production servers. If it doesn't improve, I don't think I will play anymore. It just takes far too long to get things done in the game which is still choppy, difficult to use and has poor responsiveness when scrolling, collecting, battling, etc. The CPU usage is so heavy that all the cooling fans in my PC wind up and start screaming at me when I play on beta (FOE HTML version is the only application that causes this for me). My hardware is just fine for every other graphic intensive game that I play, so it's going to have to be FOE coding that gets better not my machine. I definitely know it's not worth burning up my computer to play this.

I hope the HTML version gets cleaned up so that I can keep playing.

DeletedUser8571

Is there a reason when I'm in HTML5 the game is slower, my understand HTML5 was going to bring in faster load times. This could just be Chrome, I look foward to when it's Firefox ready. :)

DeletedUser8316

Opening little windows seems to slow the HTML5 version down. I noticed it when I open the quest window a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8316

On live server, we received a message stating that developers are putting finishing touches on HTML5 version. I hope that's a premature statement. The performance of the HTML version on beta is still very bad for me compared to the Flash version I'm using on production servers. If it doesn't improve, I don't think I will play anymore. It just takes far too long to get things done in the game which is still choppy, difficult to use and has poor responsiveness when scrolling, collecting, battling, etc. The CPU usage is so heavy that all the cooling fans in my PC wind up and start screaming at me when I play on beta (FOE HTML version is the only application that causes this for me). My hardware is just fine for every other graphic intensive game that I play, so it's going to have to be FOE coding that gets better not my machine. I definitely know it's not worth burning up my computer to play this.

if they go live like this, they'll lose most of their player base. So far, Beta is much, much worse than the live servers with HTML5 running. The entire game is massively slower on the exact same machine with the exact same browser compared to live.

DeletedUser7942

me too, just opening GvG and the bouncing arrows are all jittery, can barely even open each province map, memory just builds and builds too playing the game just for like 10 minutes up to 2.5Gb:confused:
ugh.PNG

shad2389

Viceroy
hi everyone anyone here know if when using HTML version of game with phone you can see GvG ?
asking cause i heard it might be implanted on that version and a lot of my members on en. server L... world would like to know and would love to do GvG on phone it would bring fun back to GvG with all those extra warriors

DeletedUser8059

The graphics are way to big. I have a 20 inch screen and have to scroll way to much to see the whole city. could help with the memory too, dont know if it will or not. But please make the graphics smaller.
And fix the copy and paste going to be a pain to not be able ot do that.

TheFlyingMan

Merchant
First contact with the HTML version this morning as I am running Firefox on Mac OSX.
So far, so good, although the animations are choppier when fighting in the Expedition, it feels faster than the Flash version, more responsive.
One observation: the colours are duller, as if there was a slight blue veil in front of the graphics.

I was hoping that by using the HTML version I'd be able to copy/paste the text/table elements of the game, but no such luck :-(

DeletedUser8858

Like message text? Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V work for me, although i've always used it and not context menus.

DeletedUser8907

I am loving HTML5 , it is super fast! So far im not having issues, i use Chrome and Opera and both are doing great!

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I tried several different browsers
even though the instructions do not mention the maxthon
I believe it works more correctly than the rest

DeletedUser5324

Has anyone realized that the power consumption go the html5-version is much higher than the flash version one's?
Im running safari on OS X and in comparison to the live version the power consumption is more than ten times higher :(((

RedRed

Viceroy
always more memory usage in html5 than flash but not so much for me at least on short sessions (approx 2x after 5 minutes)... I switched back to flash since even the simple city exploring is much smooth in flash for me (guess something about OpenGL vs DirectX, when the game info show OpenGL for the browser performances are always worst; however I remember that 1.8 GB of memory was almost hang for me in flash, so 1.6 in HTML5 might be a problem too)

K-Meleon (Firefox based) - Flash - DirectX
k-meleon - flash.png

Firefox - Flash - DirectX
firefox - flash.png

Firefox - HTML5 - OpenGL
firefox - html5.png

Chrome - Flash - OpenGL
chrome - flash.png

Chrome - HTML5- OpenGL
chrome - HTML5 - OpenGL.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Today, we automatically enabled the HTML5 version for all players using recent versions of Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Safari. This is because in the last days we have implemented several HTML5-related bugfixes that should have further improved your playing experience when using our Flash-free client.

We hope that with your continuous help we will be able to improve the HTML5 version of the game even more! The more we test it now, the better it will be in the future.

We are looking forward to your continued comments (be it positive or negative), so please feel free to share any observations you find important right here in this thread :).

And you can post any bugs you find in our bug report section here.

Thank you!

DeletedUser7107

I just reactivated html5. I did notice a slight improvement in donating fp to gb, and the lag with the abort button in the quest overview. I believe more work needs to be done on these, but this is a start

DeletedUser16

I just reactivated html5. I did notice a slight improvement in donating fp to gb, and the lag with the abort button in the quest overview. I believe more work needs to be done on these, but this is a start
Could you check if this got better after the udpate that took place some minutes ago? :)